No. 1. What’s Going On
• Dranei men sound like Worf’s father, is there a connection? Saw the Drainei mounts, very cool
• Tip: If you are near and heading back to the inn you hearthed from and you need just one more space in your bag, you can destroy the stone and get a new one at the end
• I took all of my alts to their banks and cleaned out their banks and bags. You probably have some stuff that you needed to get your craft up to the current level, put what you don’t need on AH. Make it a fairly reasonable price. If it sells, you’ll have some more money, if it doesn’t, it will be mailed back to you, where you can keep it in your mailbox until you find another alt who needs it or you can use it, or sell it. This does mean you won’t know when you get new mail. But for me, that’s only important on my Banker alts to see if I sold something for big money on AH. You should already be sending all of your big AH stuff to your Banker alt.
• Cleared Out Quest.
o Looked for Quests that were collecting quests and completed as many as I could
o Deleted grey quests unless I needed the rep
Vendor in Alterac Valley – Rizz Loosebolt- I like those out of the way vendors, he can’t repair but he can buy the vendor trash so you can stay out farming a little longer. He’s in the area where the little fake cave is, it’s called Slaughter Hollow, directly opposite the opening to Crushbridge Hold.
Tried LOTR Stress Test
• The character creation is limited because it reflects only what was in the books/movie human –mf, elf –mf, hobbit –mf, and dwarf male. No dwarf females because I guess they weren’t in the book. But how do you get dwarf males without females? I also think you should be a big fan of the game before playing. I read the first book, the Hobbit, and of course the LOTR series is set after that. I couldn’t get into the movies at all.
• Some people were complaining that it looked like WoW, which is ridiculous. There’s a set formula for any MMORPG, people were probably saying WoW looked like EQ
• I didn’t stay on the server very long, but it looked pretty.
No. 2. WoW News
You Tube WoW endorsed Video contest, http://worldofwarcraft.com
• Great for Guilds, even better for people with alts. I stumbled onto this on Digg.com. It sounded promising, so I decided to give it a try. I was really impressed. For free you get a very well put together and customizable site that includes forums, roster, a calendar and a wiki.
• With a minimum amount of effort, I made a pretty nice site: http://ctrlaltwow.guildlaunch.com/
• It uses an addon on called Guild Launch Profiler http://support.guildlaunch.com/guild/library/535/GuildLaunchProfilerCURRENT.zip
• There are several steps to adding characters that must be done on a regular basis or the info will be outdated. Once the addon is loaded, you have to right click your avatar pic and select Create Guild Launch Profile for each of your characters. If you want to include information from the bank, you have to take that character to the bank, likewise you have to go to the stable master to get all of your pet info. Also open all of your tradeskills, you’ll see a listing of what you can make scroll by in chat. This creates a file called GuildLaunchProfiler.lua which is located in "World of Warcraft/WTF/Account/
• Zee has been helping Treshel with her JC.
• Creed has been disenchanting the lower level JC that Treshel has been making. He put some of the Strange Dust on AH and made some gold
• Working on cleaning out her Quest Log, picked up the Errand for Apothecary Zinge - (Step 1) quest in UC while doing the Valentine’s day quest. This quest requires a trip to Tanaris. Which was great because she had the Wastewander Justice - (Step 1) Quest undone, so she took Rilf
• Also got another coin from the Elder in Un Goro Crater
• Made several Comfortable Hats with the recipe Illia sent her. Ilia paid 16 gold on AH for the recipe, but she’s already sold 2 at 3 gold so I should make my money back. Rilfire did the Errand for Apothecary Zinge - (Step 1) and Wastewander Justice - (Step 1) with Aprillian, both she and Aprillian made some serious gold just vendoring the stuff dropped and the money from the Wastewander Bandits and Thieves.
• Also cleaned out some Quest stuff and managed to solo the Apothecary Zinge - (Step 1) Quest and the Into the Field - (Step 3) in Tanaris and did the timed quest Tanaris Fie
• Didn’t do much this week
• Level 14 Just did the Lunar Festival Quest – She got the 2 for 1 deal with the rockets I tried to do it with all my alts just in case I decide to play them down the road. She had 6 coins so she got the dress and a pack of dumplings
o April got 10 Dragonhawk Hatchlings to him
o Actually got to Darnassus and made Dolanaar his home. Did some quests there
o Didn’t sell a lot of moths / the market is down. Did sell a pair of Ogre Kickers Treshel picked up from the two headed Ogre in Crushbridge Hold –d.
o Sold a Comfortable Hat for 3 gold, see where that goes. Someone on I think it was Thotbott said he sold them for 1.5 gold.
No. 4. Favorite Places in WoW
Least Favorite Place Darnassus –
• Can’t find a guard down in the popular areas
• Mailbox is no where near AH
• Too Many Bridges
• Coming from Dolanaar
No. 5. Server Selection
[Iridescent Pearl] Tonight 2/25/07
• On Baelgun on the Horde AH, they are going for 3 gold a piece
• On Baelgun on the Alliance AH they are 50 to 75 silver a piece
• On Lightenhoof on the Horde AH they are 1 gold to 3 gold a piece
• On Alleria on the Horde AH 2 to 3 gold apiece
No. 6. Emails
I am on the Korialstraz server and my main is a level 32 human rogue named Constant (male).
My alts are:
lvl 24 dwarf hunter Padar (male) w/ pets white polar bear (Snövit) & black wolf (Fenrir)
lvl 17 human warrior Sweettea (female)
lvl 16 human mage Renya (female)
lvl 12 night elf druid Talesin (male)
lvl 5 human warrior Banq (male) (my bank alt, hence the name)
Created a guild just for myself and my alts called
Love your show and I gave you a postive review on iTunes.
Just wanted to say thanks for the tip on getting flight paths via the Lunar Festival celebration.
Out of all the WOW podcasts you're the only one that mentioned this.
I just sent out all of my lower level alts to get the flight paths they could.
Again thanks much and keep the podcasts coming!
No. 7. Closing thoughts about the show
Good week, lots to do.
Lunar Festival is still going on, get those flight paths and rep points
I am enjoying doing this podcast, even though I don’t get a whole lot of feedback. I’m almost at 2800 downloads, so someone must be listening. No matter what, it’s a great learning experience. I also want to mention something cool that happened to me a few weeks ago.