Aprillian, Leeta, Vrishna and Rogueslayer discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners.
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-chick Tedrah. We record every Friday at 6 p.m. EST / 8 a.m. (Sat. Australia’s time), on our Ustream page! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ctrl-alt-wow-world-of-warcraft-podcast
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.
Juuno’s delightful adventures
What We've Been Doing:
1/ Leeta - Alli Warlock - Aerie Peak Lvl99-100
Finished off with a Elixir of Rapid Mind and did Archy treasures!
2/ Iron Leitta - Orc Hunter - Lvl52
Questing in Tanaris - doing the hyena and basilisk kill quests!
3/ Leeta - Tanaan World Boss Camping
Tanaan is the new Timeless Isle… spawn timers are terrible!
4/ Archy - Panda
Working through Pandarian Archy Achievements is abit like hitting your head against a brick wall… or in other words doing TI!
5/ Christmas Party
Aussie Christmas in Winterspring!
Thanks to Wingy for helping organise it!
And cheers to Mel, 42, Mata, Natanie and Moogyver for coming along for the fun!
Merry Winters Veil!
6/ Winter Veil Rotation!
7 100’s - running each through the Winter Veil garrison dailies every day!
7/ Presents 2015!!!
Protecting Greatfather Winter’s Wagon!
8/ Shoutout to Bazeenga
Thank you so much :)
LIVE, FROM NEW YORK, IT’S ……. Laka ??
My mentor and renowned quintboxer Laka from the guild LOOKATTHEBONES.
With mains BONEregard & TROLLregard. The twins, FOEregard & FAUXregard. And of course, the infamous, NO MO regard.
Actually Ironmanned this week !
But, not for long ! Tanaris rare: Ravasaur Matriarch
Silthius rare: Twilight Lord Everun
Swamp of Sorrows rare: Fingat
Not exactly walking on water ….
Cool plaque entering Cleft of Shadow. When did THAT get put up !!! lol
The WILD BLUE YONDER !!
More pets! Constraxxe gifted Hatespark the Tiny !!
Voltandra, BE paladin
- Winter’s Veil in garrison x2
Crannger, dwarf paladin
Sorry been a draining week but heres my audio anyway Big G
Just a quick note:
I love CtrlAltWoW.
I love Leetas voice.
I love Clan of Darkness.
I love Grand Nagus.
I love you Aprillian for making all of this happen.
I love you all.
Greetings CAW crew,
Just a quick one before heading up to Scotland.
Each week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.
You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at email@example.com
Guild Updates: 12/19 (post-show) - 12/26 (showtime)
Achievement watch: Daily Anticipation: 148,384 /150,000 daily quests (last week 147,065)
Last week’s 100’s: Everrose
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun: --- ---
CAW 9th Anniversary Competition
Big G Audio
Contest Submission, What does CAW mean to me :D
Dear Ctrl Alt WoW crew,
I'm constraxxone, Human rogue on Thorium Brotherhood US alliance, I have a Blood Elf Paladin alt in Clan of Darkness on Earthen Ring US horde.
It's pleasant as always to hear from you. You wanted to know from us the listeners what Ctrl Alt WoW means to me? I can tell you a few things about it which wont cover everything but will give you the bare necessities of a podcast. :
- "Let's start the show with what we all start the show with : and that's a Juno!" a fantasy tales of a dreamy hostess who's just like another host on the podcast, even the boyfriend has sound bytes.
- "An update from the Big G!" the show feels imcomplete without this segment, the mighty giant with a soft heart that everyone can relate to in tough times, and even so, he's very sturdy and compassionate, he keeps the updates coming, no matter the cost!
- "Rigormorte! Rigormorte! Rigormorte! who can resist the soft spoken undead, like a big brother from beyond calling and caring for his visitors through the most eerie voices and sound effects. Almost like a scratching Cat on the screen door, you just have to look who's there, just beyond the edges of your senses to see what advice or kind word he has to offer!
- "Vrishna, the valiant blood elf who will face challenges in the most peculiar order." Keep any of us guessing as to the latest adventure, and the hardest grind you can find, he's not interrupting, he's sharing wisdom no one had counted on two seconds prior!
- "Rogueslayer, always with an Iron story in her back pocket and a leveling Pro tip!" She knows where to find anything it seems and sharing is the best part of her epic tales, I find out something new every listen of a new show that i didnt know before, for some reason i always pictured her main as a rogue, i dont know why, she so subtle.
- "Aprillian, a wellspring of emotion, much like the fountain of youth!" Her comments are so powerful at times i have to sit still to listen to her explain the wonderful news or dreadful story where people should know better, she's so amazing people walk up to her in game and just hand over prizes.
- "Tehdrah & Marzana, the most excellent of greeters!" I walked into the chatroom one afternoon and even though Marzana was playing and asking questions in the chatroom, I felt a connection immediately, like she was sitting next to my computer and we were playing together in the same room, the moderators make you feel right at home, answer your questions quickly and keep updating during the Live show.
- "Lovely Leeta, how can a player just have so much fun and make us feel part of it? On top of her amazing Australian accent she shares stories of her life, picks up a challenge or two during the show and offers advice on next weeks event, be it pet battles or a seasonal wonder, or how to farm currency for a complicated or simple reward.
I don't know how, but it seems that 2 hours of show stuff only takes 30 min to play on my car speakers, i have to put it on again in my earbuds when i get home because I might have missed an awesome story or a sad reminder of a friend that we miss. I started listening about a 100 shows ago and i can't find one bad show in all the episodes I listened to. One year of siege of orgrimmar just seem to drift off into oblivion too quickly with Ctrl Alt WoW, The new expansion dropped and CAW just steamrolled right through the gates of Tanaan Jungle like a freight train : not stopping for nobody!
I love you guys, i go in circles at the grocery store so i can listen to longer of the show before going into the noisy parking lot, I get all the items on my shopping list and extra I wasnt planning as well :D
Thank You for all the wonderful memories, and thank you for Maya's role in the show, you can see the animal really loves her owner, she gets excited or sad depending on Aprillian's mood, to me this makes the show organic, we're not robots, we're real people with real emotions and we are not afraid to show them, animals pick up on that, I have a cat Cleo who comes on my lap and puts her paw on my chest if I start to cry! She cares, she's my pet :D I play my alts a lot during the week and Cleo regularly comes to check what I'm doing on the computer or sleep in my Lap if I'm doing something very grindy, she makes herself comfortable while I work on my coffee!
Big hugs and Kisses from Canada,
Don, a.k.a. constraxxone
Here is my Audio letting you know about what Caw means to me.
I hope you enjoy it as much as i did.
ps: id probably be one of the clowns
Hello Aprillian, Varishna, Leeta, Rougeslayer, and Tedrah,
Congratulations on Control Alt WoW's 9th Anniversary, that is Awesome!!
I had hoped to make this an audio, but my winter voice just won't cooperate today, sorry.
To explain what CAW means to me, I need to go back to when I first started playing World of Warcraft. I never played WoW the way you are "supposed to". Instead of racing to max level, I started all kinds of Alts. Instead of leveling those Alts efficiently, I wandered all over exploring, and checking out everything I could find in game.
On the rare occasion I would hear a podcaster mention playing my way, they would apologize for playing badly. Or the other cast members would tease them for playing WoW like that.
Shortly before finding CAW, I was stuck in a dilemma. All my character slots were full! I wanted to explore playing even more new characters, but I didn't want to delete any of my old friends.
Get a second account, who does that? Nobody needs more than one WoW account!
So, then I hit play on my first episode of Control Alt Wow...
...Aprillian, and Varishna have just discovered Argent Tournament, and how fun it is!
...Jeppy has his Alts dancing in the dungeons, while dying Trolls shower them with XP.
...Everyone is multiboxing, and recruit-a-friending, and picking on "mono-boxers" for cheating.
Bam!! My mind is blown!
So, what Control Alt Wow represents to me is, a community that enjoys playing EVERY PART of World of Warcraft!
When I tune in to CAW, I never hear anyone moaning about killing the same raid boss for six months. Nobody is whining about how sick they are of playing World of Warcraft.
Every episode is about having fun playing World of Warcraft.
Rock On Control Alt WoW!!
For the Altohaulic Listeners, this is Tiber
Constraxxone gets the Elixir of Rapid Mind and the other 3 can let me know - first in first served!
Prizes - Swift Springstrider mount, Lvl25 Hatespark pet and Lvl25 Syd the Squid pet
Competition Time No.1
Competition created by Sherriey to give away the Gronnling Mount!
1/ Submit an entry about your best fishing stories in Azeroth. It can be a true in-game fishing story or a tall tale!
2/ Write an email or record an audio and send it into CAW before or on Ep460.
3/ The winner will be announced on CAW’s Ep460!
4/ Please make sure that you have a toon in Clan of Darkness on Earthern Ring US - to make it easier for your prize to be given out.
5/ Please put CAW Fishing Competition in the subject line.