What We've Been Doing:
AprillianMy New Toon: Sebastiån = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Sebasti%C3%A5n
and David's : Vrishna = http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Vrishna
Used a brewfest ram to get my level 22 Troll Priest to Sin'jin village to get her raptor mount. She only had 3 mounts to choose from
Got the Elek on Epril, going to try to get it on Aprillian. Not going for any achievements.
Saw more Violet Proto Drakes
Running Wailing Caverns with BF/David
Switching aspects and forth
Spent about 45 min FP jumping with Vrishna
Did a 1.5 levels grinding Yeti in the cave in Hillsbrand
Won 3 Arathi Basin BG's
Ashayo3.2.2 surprise release - Disconnect bug?
Raids 'n Stuff
- Ashayo ran ToC 10 man this week and won [Icehowl Binding] off the Northrend Beasts. Still struggling with Faction Champions - haven't tried since 3.2.2 nerf.
- Ashayo ran Onyxia 25 man - wiped on trash! A few tries, but got her down.
- Jekle ran VoA for the first time - felt noobish getting achievement on older bosses. Won the tier 9 legs off Koralon. (Don't even have those on my priest or warlock)
- Coren Direbrew - won the remote. Lost the BoE mace, and 3 mounts. Did the old "summon everyone's alts" and killed him about 20 times in one run
- Going to miss out on Brew of the Year - have to renew subscription!
Pants on Head
- Ran Arcatraz - instance server shutdown just as we started the last boss
- Tried a 5 man ToC group with PoH. Tempeste on her priest, Wych on his hunter, me tanking in dps gear/spec, Grimrok on his warlock (who never runs instances) and Manbone. After a couple of wipes managed to get 1st boss down, but couldn't manage 2nd boss (priest that spawns an add, combined with fears) Went off to Utgarde Keep to kick some butt with Hyp.
- Ran Halls of Lighting on Shadowthrone - pretty much 1st Northrend dungeon. Blizz reset instances AGAIN during the run - at least the 3rd time this week.
- [For the Horde!] run - Got down the Darnassus and Exodar bosses
- Completed Karazhn
Needed 2 more quests in HFP - neither in BF counted. Digging around revealed two "drop" quests that finished it off. Could also have headed to SMV to start chain for Shattered Halls key, which sends you back to HFP
Asharis dings 65 - time for Alchemy specialization quest
Bladed Edge /cry! We miss you Blade. Please come home soon.
Email #1 from Xesu
Email #A from Nevik
Email #2 from Makling
hello CAW crew
i just listened to your latest episode and i'd like to share some of my experiences with recruit a friend. i've done it three times now, the first was with my sisters husband, the second was with my other sister's fiancee, and the third and the latest one is with someone at work. both of my brother in laws dont play wow anymore, but i did get a zhevra from the first one. i really dont remember if he read all the quest text, but he did get a dk to 73.
aaron, the guy here form work, said he played those free online games. he saw me playing wow one time, so i got him a 10 day free code form recruit a friend. he's still in his 10 day period as of writing, but seems really interested enough to go get the full game. he made a troll hunter, and i made a blood elf priest to lvl with him. im having fun explaining all the stuff in wow, from the chat box to the linking of the items and quests, and locating vendors in the minimap. i hopped on my mage and ported him to the major cities, and he got his first ride on a flight path from TB to org. i can just imagine how it looked like to him, seeing the view from the sky and traveling across the plains and desert of he barrens.
so if this email wins the roll at the end of your show, i;d like a free 1 month of wow for me to give to my co-worker =)
in other news, the new patch went live today! i got into an onyxia 10 man pug, but wasnt able to beat her because my lag kept disconnecting me. apparently a lot of people are having serious lag, but i hope these problems are solved by the time of airing of this show.
my priest dinged 71 just by doing dailies in howling fjord and doing a few quests. i want to get in to 10 man toc raids, but people want the achievements before they let you in their pugs..
i loved the new lore part of your show. but im also interested in what glanthur has been doing in his wow week, so i hope we still get to hear about that.
i want to ask you guys what your experiences are with the STV fishing tourney. ive been trying to get it in the past few weeks, but i always lose to someone when i've only gotten up to 30-35 fish. because with the way things are going, that would have to be the hardest achievement in game as there is only 1 person to get it per week.
well, thats all for now. for the horde!
Email #3 from Tracey
Love listening to the podcast - my wow playing is limited due to spouse aggro but I still get online a bit. I rolled a blood elf pally - one of the only horde toons I have tried. NOTHING would get me to stop playing WOW - except spouse aggro - friends got me started and I love working out my life frustrations with WOW! Thanks for the great job.
Go Hand of Destiny guild from dkhumpdy.
Sent from my iPhone
Email #B from our wonderful Buddy Kyle
So I came across something interesting again, though I'm sure it's news I probably missed somewhere. While leveling my DK in the pants on head guild on Jubei'Thos I had finally dinged 67 and ventured to Shadowmoon valley for my last level before outlands. I go check with the riding trainer there for some reason unknown to me because I knew I didn't have enough gold and I could've just gone to Thrallmar anyway. Well to my great suprise the riding trainer in Shadowmoon Valley was offering to teach me expert riding (i.e. flying) for only 250gold! Now I swear last I check in Thrallmar it was still 600gold, and the letter in my mailbox from the flight trainer also says it's 600gold. So either I missed something and the amount required for flying is down to 250gold, or the Shadowmoon Valley trainer is lonely for lack of business what with everyone going to Thrallmar and is giving a huge discount.
Email #5 from
Shout Outs & Thank YouMomomments
And of course naming your character, in wow that has always been a challenge (believe it or not even after you find out all of my character names :))