Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 203 - We're Half Here Plus One

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.


Juuno:
Hello Darlings!

I have da flu. =P

Big hugs,

Juuno

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian
Third or fourth time i had to call in to validate my account

RAF bonus for doing Love dailies

Leveling alch on Astarå - Crystal vials only

Power leveled Astarå to 450 alch & Enchant to 351. She can now make some of the flask we were using. Made 3 - Flask of the North
Binds when picked up
Requires Alchemy (400)
Item Level 80Use: Increases your Intellect, Agility, or Strength by 40 for 1 hour. Counts as both a Battle and Guardian elixir. Effect persists through death.
"Can be used in arenas. This potent flask is not consumed when used, but is unaffected by Mixology."

Triple Boxed Nexus, jumped off wrong side with 2 toons on follow. Astarå can DE green drops & getting Infinite dust, which she needs
Primal Might off the hook

Dual Boxing Epril & Astarå - Getting my Healer - Astarå getting almost 3k per kill

Aprillian & Vrishna
UP on Heroics baby

Went to Nexus and did pretty good.

Big Scary Bosses

Vrishna
Sunreaver Dragonhawk. Still working on that Crusader title.

Vrishna in Borean Tundra.

Guild to 62% and rising.

Ashayo

Jeppy

Emails

Email #A from Kurly

So, I can not tell you how sorry I am that I missed your 200th episode. I happened during a crazy time in my life, but I am still beyond bummed that I missed it. You were the first poscast that I listened to regularly and you will all always be a part of my life...even though you never ask me to be guest host.....well maybe that one time....

Moving on.....things in Rabid Kittens (my guild on Norgannon) have been going well. Four of us have been leveling 'lowbies" in dungeons and battlegrounds and have been having a wonderful time!! I chose to level a Dwarf Enchancement Shaman and, although her damage is low (other than on boss fights) I am starting to warm up to the class...so long as I actually remeber to drop my totems, and to remeber that I can wear mail now that I am over level 40 AND to make sure I imbue my weapons....GOOD GRIEF!!!

I have also been playing Ahbygsissie in my other guild (Living Dead Gurls) on Ysondre. I have ten toons over there in a guild of me, myself and I (well...and some toons from my friends from Rabid Kittens), and I have finally got the feral/cat rotation down.....just as the nerfed the cheese out of it in the most recent patch... but whatever...I am having fun so who cares.

So...has anyone else noticed the animation changes since the patch. There are at least two that I can tell you.....when a shaman is casting a heal spell the animation around the casters hands has been changed from the usual glowie green to splashes of water...and the Disc priest spell Inner Focus now has this crazy glowing disk animation that actually startled me as I thought I had been hit by something....any of you see anythig else new?

Also...there are some guys in our guild whose toons are in their mid 70's and a few of us jumped on 80's to help run them through Wratch instances....even after onuy doing a few Cataclysm quests we ate the instance FOR LUNCH!! It was a lot of fun.

Love to you all!!

Kurly


Email #1

Hi ctrlaltwow crew.

Steinâr here. first time e-mailer her :D

I just heard ep.202. grats on 200 :)

Im a fello altaholic have 2 low level alts and 1 level 85.
one hunter, druid and my main a paladin.

I hpe i can get an authenticator or is it a competision(sorry for my bad english xD )

hope The crew get another 200 episodes!

Steinâr Ret Paladin of Kilrogg eu

Email #B
Wow and Mac

Hello Aprillian and Boys!

For the past few months I've been itching to buy a Macbook Pro, and am actually just waiting for them to do an update on the Macbook Pro line (which macrumors.com says should be in March). How does WoW perform on your Mac, and is there much of a difference between WoW on the Mac vs. the PC. I know, stupid questions.

Also, while listening to The Guardian Tank podcast, there was mentioned an app for the iPad (about 10min in). Every Air I think. Download to your computer and to your ipad. Allows you to interface your computer through your ipad. Tinker with it, and you can kinda play WoW on your ipad. Interesting thoughts...

Oh and another quick Q that's probably best for Ashayo: I loved the old-style raid frames that was around in Wrath (I'm probably the only one). They took them away and I hate the new raid frames - just so big and blocky and take up a ton of space, plus I always kept my frames on the right side of the screen and the in-game one just doesn't work well for that. May try out VuhDu or Shadowed Unit Frames. I primarily heal, and don't want healbot, and don't some blah colored boxes. Yes, I know, I'm complicated. Any tips or advice?

--Kyle

Email #C Audio


A voice mail thank-you for the recent contest win. My wife and son love the sparkle pony!

--Chill



Email #D

Part 2, nearly a week later

Hmmm. This is awkward. I said I would have to cut my email short since I was running late. Instead, I probably ended up being the first email for this show as I sent off the email towards the end of the last show. Just a couple updates. First, I hit 85 on Liteharted (my second toon to 85), but arguably, one of my favorites. Actually that came second. First I hit 60 on my druid! At long, long last, I was able to get flight form. I know lots of others have their druids with snazzy flight forms. I mention this mainly as a warning to those who maybe leveling new druids (perhaps worgen or [shudder] trolls). Make sure you see your class trainer BEFORE you go to the flight trainer! I forgot and, since the Stormwind flight point was on the way to my class trainer, I went ahead and trained flight. [/smacks head] For those who may be unaware, the first level of flight is covered by flight form (much like riding is with the paladin mount). Sigh. That’s 212g 50s down the drain that I will never see again.
The boys and I had fun running our three rogues through Scholomance together, before they out-leveled me. (I actually had to look up the achievement to remember which dungeon it was. :P) It got off to a bit of a rough start. Our tank pulled the first few mobs at the door while the rest of us were still getting our quests. Though all survived, he dropped immediately thereafter without even saying a word. Four mobs down, x hundred to go! We waited and finally got a new tank. We went into the first room where he rounded up quite a few mobs. Between the number he pulled and the fears, we ended up putting up a valiant fight against about 70% of the mobs in the room. I think we downed ¼ to 1/3 of the mobs in the room before we wiped. At that point, the healer gave up and dropped group. Sigh. We wait and wait, then another healer joined us. Just before the pull, this one notes that the pally “tank” is in ret spec with ret aura on. So, the tank dropped. After we wait, the healer (another pally) switched specs to prot to tank. As we were waiting, I started to fear the healer/tank would try to kick my son for being a noob. My son (right after we requeued with the pally as tank, in party chat): “Who’s going to heal?” As I explain in words (with admonishments to quit typing), the tank says “The healer.” My son: “How do you know he is coming?” (Please, make it stop!) “We are queued for a healer.” After a while (at least 15 min since the last healer dropped), our original healer was randomly thrown back into group with us! She rejoiced upon hearing that we now had a real tank. Thankfully, the rest of the dungeon went fairly smoothly. Much better than our previous dungeon when we thought the healer was right behind us, but he was actually on the level below us (we discovered right after the tank pulled and got no heals). But, that is a story better left untold.
For the Alliance! For the family!
Liteharted, level 85 mage, of Alexstrasza! (And, no, I don’t say it the same as Juuno, though I now think of her every time I hear a “strasza” mentioned.)
(Okay, I think that’s enough parenthetical statements!)


Email #2

Hello again to all the great hosts of ctr alt wow,
Kona here with a small update. I have gotten Konajack to the level of 75 and am once again enjoying Northrend. I have taken the time here to enjoy and find many quests that I have never done before. For instance I have followed more quest lines to the end and have enjoyed the story that goes with doing that. Howling Fjord is a wonderful zone. Im about finished there and will be moving on to Grizzly hills.
Once again thank you all for such a wonderfully entertaining show.
For the fun of the game,and the Alliance.
Kona and his many alts.


ps I would love to have the LIL Ragnoros. My kids would dig that one.


Uh oh I'm late! Really really late!
Hello all!

Belated grats on episode 200! Thank you so much for so many, many hours of quality entertainment. You all are brilliant. Aprillian, with your unique sense of humor, Ashayo with your awesome wow abilities and platters of content, Jeppy with your fantastic wit and Vrishna with your cuddly and righteous/solid personality have created one of the most beautiful podcasts I have ever listened to. I still look forward to new episodes and feel like I've won the lottery every time that little blue dot appears next to ctrlaltwow on my list of podcasts. Thank you for enriching my life. From the bottom of my heart, I wish you the best and look forward to the bajillionth episode of ctrlaltwow. Lots of love and hugs.

Big blue dragon / Gabe

P.s. I'll do another audio segment as soon as I can!

Email #F Audio from Gravenau

Update for the 20th

Had a little time to work on my toons this week and didn’t have to bury anyone which is always a plus and as for Skippy well Skippy completes me and that’s all I have to say about that.

Email #


Email #

Email #




Shout Outs & Thank You
Momomoments - Getting the Guild back together!!!

Hello all,
hope everyone is doing well and healthy.

I have so much to tell you about my mo-wowing that I hope I can keep it all straight for you. I will start with Moheal, I think I have him almost at max gear without raiding. Moheal is at item level 343 and should be 345 once I get 2 trinkets; just need 2000 more points so that should only take a year or so right? :)
I still enjoy healing on him even in regular dungeons, that is always fun. Oh he has hit exalted on the cataclysm factions so I may try to hit some older factions.
The guild moheal is on has had some people come on here and there, maybe 2-3 people have come back. Someone wanted to do some heroics so he posted it on the calendar, which I signed up for. However he did not show up!! Now if you set something up for 5 days in a week please make sure you show up. I know something may have come up but come on! :)
On the Feathermoon server I also have a hunter I want to level up to at least 83 so I can go farm this area in southwestern twilight zone, or the proper name is Twilight Highlands, there is a cave with tons of mining nodes. It will be nice to get some xp and ore and stuff vs doing it on my priest who doesnt need xp of course.
I also have another hunter who is mainly leveling by doing jc dailies and already 81.5 just by doing that.
My druid on Feathermoon is 83 almost and that class is fun too (as all classes are :) and of course I enjoy druid healing. It does take some getting used to for me going from holy healing to resto druid. There are a few minor differences.
The mage is also 83 and having fun with fire spec; its so fun to blow things up and set them on fire, fire, fire!!!

A few people that were in my old guild, Uptown Tavern on the Balanzzar server, are in this fearthermoon server with me and since the Phoenix Rising is dead and no one seems to want to come back right now we figured we would kickstart the Uptown Tavern again. I started that guild a few months after the game was launched, so what is that about early 2006, is that right? The guild is dusty but I still have plenty of characters there to work on and the daddy of all mo characters, Motauren,
my first character will be moving back to Uptown Tavern. I have transferred him and my shaman, moshaman. I also want to change moshaman to a goblin. I did not know you have to be logged off to change races, so keep that in mind.
The Uptown Tavern guild is at level 0 as a guild so I look at it as a fun challenge to see how just a few of us can get the level up and get people back into the guild. If any of you are looking to make new alts, and face it you know you will one of these days :0
come on over to Horde side on Balanzzar, yes it is a PVP server. I do remember leveling was so hard and I am not good at pvp'ing but it is so fun. Ok it is fun when you are doing the killing but still a challenge and if you know what movie this is from "you have to challenge yourself everyday"
I am still having fun doing everything in game besides raiding, unlike some people I am hearing they need a break from the game already. I do want to raid at some point but if it doesnt happen I am ok with that.

Hope all of you are having fun and take care everyone,

FOR the Uptown Tavern!

--
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment