Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 28 Is Hitting 70 All it is Cracked Up to be?

Episode 28

What we did this week
Auntrillia went to Stralholme and ninja's a ring (by accident)
Morion is almost level 14 - how I like Horde and BE's so far....

- Stop and Smell the Roses (or harvest them if you're an herbalist)

Best places to hang that are mob free

Is fishing all it's cracked up to be?

- In-Jokes
- Alliance vs. Horde
Starting Area Favorites
- Stupid Things Overheard
- Most of the episode could be about play styles...
PVP vs PVE?


Email:

Hi Aprillian,

Love the podcast. I've been playing for 1.5 years now and I think I'm getting burned out with the game. I have several 70s on each faction and only log on to play them once in a while. I'm not sure how long you've been playing so my question is why do you still play? What keeps the game interesting for you? If you've only been playing for a few months then the game is fairly new. I've noticed that your highest character is 59 or 60 so you still have a ton of content to explore and experience.

My problem is that once I hit 70 (several times now) I do the same basic routine: get keyed for Karazhan, run multiple instances to get better gear, etc. But what happens when you're done with Karazhan? Of course you go to the next upper tier raid content. It just seems that once you reach the level cap all you do is try to get better gear, which takes a considerable amount of time and effort. It's a long and tough grind to do it.

I really do love this game but it just seems like once I start another alt I'm basically doing the same thing over and over again. Maybe I just need a break from the game and wait for the next expansion.

If I do quit, I will continue to listen to the multiple WoW podcast I subscribe to to keep me well informed while I'm on my WoW hiatus.


Keep up the great work,

Akabeko - Kul'Tiras (US) Server.

Aprillian's Response:
I consider myself a career gamer. I've been looking for a game that could hold my attention. I've been playing WoW since October 22, 2005 and I have yet to be bored. And yes, I do not have a character higher than 59. I've been enjoying myself. Several times I've had invites to join people who were doing the fast track, and it's never appealled to me. It's a lot like eating through a cake just to say you finished. But you've already done that, so let's focus on your choices: (Hope that didn't sound harsh)
  1. Start a Twink - I know we hate them in BG but there will always be Twinks and as the old saying goes, if you can't beat 'em join 'em
  2. Try Dual Boxing, if you can afford it. If you can't get two computers, most will be fast enough to run two WoW Clients at once. If you can't get another account, consider alternating leveling alts and getting two or three going at the same time. Work out a balance, make two gatherers, i.e. miner/skinner herbalist/miner or enchanter; then make one or two just for producing Blacksmith/Engineer or Leatherworking/Tailor and challenge yourself to make it with your own or almost all of your own materials.
  3. Find a really cool guild or start your own and have Events
  4. Or you could stop playing for a while and wait for the next expansion or big patch
  5. Or Start a podcast about WoW, oh boy!
  6. Or you can just say you won and move on


2nd Letter
Hi again,
I thought I'd send a few comments about your last podcast. First, I'm almost 99% positive the anvil/molten station by the TM wagon/seller has not always been there. It must have been put in the last few weeks. Second, I found your guest interesting. There are lots of different ways to play WoW (not that I have to tell you). Whatever people enjoy is my opinion as it is their money.
Later,
Kurt

No comments:

Post a Comment