Monday, April 16, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 264 - Hey You Get Off of My Egg

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno, soon!

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Dragon conundrum

Eggs, eggs and more eggs. Bruzilla got the mount from an egg. Collected 20 eggs before logging off.


Funny seeing a felguard following a bunny



Did two nights of Ulduar with Brudawg and the Valentines, Moheal, Delthan


Great gear for t-mogging

Shucks Ears:



Ashayo

Jeppy

Punked!!

Tedrah

WoW
Did a little bit of egg camping. Went to Brill and just hung out in the tent and grabbed the two eggs that spawn in there. Needed a nap so didn't get nearly enough for a mount. Will have to wait for next year.

Beta
Did a little beta on Lost Isles server.  Made a monk, Cix. So friend me if you'd like. Starting area not nearly as crowded. Was able to see both the starting quest giver and the scroll upstairs.  Got further than on the original panda I made. 



On Tedra, found out the hard way that Hellscream's Hope and Send me to Pandaria options on portal Panda have no quests.  You need to start at the wreck of the Sky Shark if you want there to be any quests to do. Loving the hunter stuff I've seen so far.  Particularly like Call Beast which is a level 75 talent option. Discovered they changed camouflage, you now need to use a glyph to be able to move with it. Currently stuck at the Acid Rain quest which is bugged and the gateway quest to move forward.

SWTOR
Linx married Torian. Got a couple of letters from Torian.  I like the way they play out the interaction between you and your companions.



SimsSocial
Working on my dragon tower.

Emails



The Clayton Achievement

G'day everyone,

It has been some time since I last wrote and thought it was time I said hello with an update.
My Druid Ragulfa, who is in Clan of Darkness has now reached level 55. He is feral dps which I'm enjoying a lot, probably because the play style is quite similar to a rogue which is my main (Clogalis).
I now have 8 level 85s with the most recent graduate being my arms warrior Igohaerias (if you pronounce his name correctly you won't be able to say it with your clean tag) and I find melee dps to be the most enjoyable.
Ragulfa was recently on the flying taxi from Thunderbluff to the Cross Roads when the sky turned red and there was a distinct smell of burning Orc in the air. Sure enough as my taxi ride flew closer I was horrified to see that Deathwing had set ablaze to everyone and every thing at the Cross Roads. An achievement banner flashed up on my screen "Stood in the Fire" (Be killed by Deathwing) as my taxi approached the landing point. A second before I landed the fire burnt itself out so when I did land, I lived! To my surprise, I earned the achievement to be killed by Deathwing without being killed by Deathwing.
Lastly, I want to say that I look forward to Jeppy's segment even if others may think its a little long sometimes. It's interesting to me to hear how others find enjoyment in WoW from the many different aspects the game has to offer, in this case being able to play the economy.

Best wishes,

Clogalis (Clog-ah-lis)

Sent from my iPhone (not during work hours *cough cough)


Name goof - doh

Hello again - I misspelled my own character name when I wrote in last week. Lordy. I think I have another toon with a similar name and got them confused. 


Correct spelling: Kezzee


Also Restlys the death knight. 


Thanks and sorry for the confusion!

Bangobingo Update, take 2

Hey CAW Crew,

I hope all is well with the hosts and the listening audience. I regret to report my failure to keep with my resolution to provide regular updates in my last submission. The RL bos has been consistantly causing me to wipe on sending in an update. the biggest drain on my time is due to the fact I am competing for an assignement to graduate school and have to take the dreaded GRE (graduate readiness examination). While I consider myself a generally intelligent person, I struggle with remembering basic math concepts I learned over a decade ago in college. Moreover, I have not studied vocabulary since high school so that doesn't help either. In any case I take the test on April 5th and will hopefully make the marks required for my competitive assignment.
I have been able to eek out a bit of wow time and have pushed my mage, Readytogogo, to level 80. My goal is to get her to 85 prior to the launch of MoP but we shall see. I have also been steadily working on my goblin rogue, Tiptop, who rests at level 57 currently. I have been taking short study breaks to do some farming of herbs and mining nodes to support my new Shammy, Porkens, in leveling inscription and jewel crafting. I am still awaiting my beta invide from the annual pass and hope to gain access prior to the end of May. I have some "stay-cation" planned and would love to spend some of it helping to improve the game through diligent and methodical testing of the game's latest expansion. Ok, I really just want to troll trade chat and screw around in the panda starting area, sue me.
Well, that is all I have for now. Wish me luck on the GRE and I hope to get back on a more regular routine of submissions soon.
v/r (very respectfully, because its been a while ;))
Bangobingo
Hey CAW/COD crew,


I hope all is well with everyone everywhere all the time… forever. I just wanted to send another quick update. In RL I was able to complete the GRE I mentioned in my last update (though I didn’t hear it on the last episode, curious :P) and it appears I have made the initial cutoff score needed to compete for the potential work assignment.

With that out of the way I have been getting back into Azeroth over the past week.  With Noblegarden in full swing I was able to run my warrior, Bangobingo, through the world event achievements and earned “the Noble” title. Special thanks to Leetta who helped me get the last achievement by laying an egg in Un’Goro Crater. I am anxiously awaiting  the children’s week “school of hard knocks” achievement as it took me three years to complete that one on my main on another server. I hope I can manage to compete it as I do not know if I can wait another year to complete the “what a long strange trip its been” meta.

On the alt front, my rogue, Tiptop, has been steadily leveling and is now sitting at level 61. I have been tempted to do the scroll of resurrection to revive an old RAF account but am not sure if I will get it done in time. The rewards are great but my time is being sucked away  again in the near future as I begin a new job as a course manager for the course I formerly instructed for the Army.

Well, that’s about all I have for now. I hope everyone in the listening audience is doing well and enjoying their time in and out of game. Remember to include the title “contest submission” in your emails to be eligible for the prizes from the hosts.

Take care!

v/r

Bangobingo



Many Thanks

Dear Apprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy. I just wanted to send you all very special thank you. My lovely wife was recently diagnosed with cancer. After a month and a half of doctor and hospital visits, test after test and finally one major surgery she is finally on the mend.
I spent many a long hours traveling back and forth to Hong Kong on the ferry and even more time in waiting rooms waiting for news (good or ill) In many of those hours it was the kindly fun loving gang at Ctrl Alt WoW who helped kept me company. Your wonderful podcast never failed to bring a smile to my worried face and always brightened my day no matter how bad things seemed to be.
Every time I had a moment to jump into the game for a little wile the Clan of Darkness crew were always there with cheerful banter and a helping hand making life seem just a little normal for a wile.
Special thanks also to our in game friends Mel and Forty two, who's kind whispers and words of encouragement helped so very much, you guys are the best.

Thank you Clan of Darkness, for your dedication and hard work every week. Your delightful podcast really does make a difference in the lives of people all over the world.

From the Nekro's

remember, undead love is forever.



Howdy from Texas!

Hello CaW Crew!


Long time listener, first time emailer.  


I heard my friend's email read on last week's podcast so I thought I should drop you a line as well.  Restlys told you about her introduction to WoW, and how she acquired a taste for medeval settings and blood shed by starting with bunnies as a human priest.  I've been playing a tad bit longer than she has, and was also introduced to the game by another Warcraft player.  I started playing during Burning Crusade.


My first character was a human paladin.  I picked the character basically because it looked like one of the most flexible classes.  I had no idea what melee, tanking, and healing meant, but Google searches told me they could do it all.  Although I did get him up a few levels, I quested some with a warlock, and decided that setting things on fire, and jumping around like an idiot appeared to be a much better way to level and PVP at the time.  (The Paladin at that time was much slower to level...I've since level capped another Paladin after Blizzard sped up a lot of the areas, but my original Paly is parked in the 50's DEing mats for AH speculation.)


When Restlys (Malyssa) started playing, I also rolled a priest to level with her.  The concept of playing two characters at the same time seemed strange to me...it is also something I didn't grasp as quick as she did.  My muscle memory would often get in the way of switching between characters, and finally at around level 50 I opened another account, and leveled my priest to 70 by following the warlock around when I wasn't questing with others.  Some of the guildies didn't like the idea of me "cheating" the game, and one of them actually reported me to Blizzard.  Blizzard checked in on me...mostly to make sure my account hadn't been hacked, but I continued on with the multiboxing with the priest until level 70.  


On the priest, I did avoid some of the silly mistakes I had made with the warlock.  For example, I chose appropriate professions.  On the warlock, I had picked skinning and leather working simply because someone that was very helpful on the realm had helped me quest in an area and kept stopping to turn scraps into leather and make things from them.  


I also investigated talents for the priest and ended up going Discipline so I could PVP and PVE heal...on the warlock, I was probably level 20 before anyone told me about talents.  Actually others probably attempted to tell me, but I often didn't respond to the word "noob". I was on a small PVP realm...small PVP realms are known for their cliques and lack of social interaction skills.  On a non clean tag podcast, I would say they have their share of asses.     


From 70-80, I leveled the warlock up in a combination of WotLK questing and bgs.  I leveled the priest at the same time, but tended to do more healing in dungeons.  Leveling a priest can be tough work...if you're not shadow, everyone sees you as an honor point.  


Although I did do quite a few dungeons at 70...mostly due to warlocks being in demand for summoning and demon control in the dungeons on the Isle, level 70 heroics were difficult even with some of the better players in the guild and on the realm.  However, WotLK changed a lot of that, and that is where I really started enjoying dungeons.  So I rolled my first true purpose tank...a DK tank.  It was rough going at first...LFD made things much quicker, but that was before everyone just stopped talking...I endured the comments ranging from...come back when you get death and decay, to go level cap a toon before you start a dk, to "shouldn't have bought the toon on ebay".  


Having healed quite a bit up to that point, I did stick with it, and have since level capped a tank--as a tank--in every tanking class except the Druid.  I am working on the druid though...have one to 56 and got a freeby 80 druid from activating a scroll of resurrection.


I don't often think of myself as an altaholic, as I tend to focus on one toon for large periods of time, but I do have quite an army of alts now.  My account shows 39 characters...most of them Alliance.  Of the 39, my 85s include 3 dks, a priest, a warlock, a warrior, a paladin, and a rogue.  My children also play WoW and we have an achievement guild that we work on when we can.  My daughter is quite busy finishing up high school, so she can mostly only play on the weekend.  My son and I get 30-60 minutes in during the week a couple of times per week though.  


I would love to join the Clan of Darkness, and hope this email qualifies.



On Earthen Ring:  Lenuer, Befreit, and Shoory


--ron

Update

This will be rushed as I am due at work in like five minutes
Big G

Rigarmorty Update

Hi Caw Crew!


I had some audio issues with what I recorded so no audio from me this week. My Undead Lock Mortagony is level 35 and I'm enjoying destruction spec quite a bit. He's questing in the Hinterlands. A quest area worth avoiding is Jintha'Alor there's a series of quests there but it can be quite tedious. You have to go and kill various troll types and spiders but have to go up several levels and back down again several times killing the same 20 or 30 mobs as they respawn by the time you come back down again so that's the same mobs in both directions! 


Not much else to report from me this week. Had a meeting last week work related and I think everything is starting it work itself out.


Cheers,


Rigarmorty
Rigarmorty (@Rigarmorty)
4/9/12 5:18 AM
Forgot to mention in my audio but my blog is this weeks blogazeroth blog of the week :)

Rigarmorty (@Rigarmorty)
4/10/12 11:40 PM
Cool :) It's hard to find the blog of the week but here's the post: http://t.co/GCqDtqs

Hellooo CAW Sweeties,
Hope this finds you all well and having a great week. Special healing hugs going to Tedrah - I hope you are recovering well.
Sorry no audio again this week - my voice is still yucky from the flu however I am feeling alot better and should be back to "normal" soon :)
I've been very busy in WoW this past week. With Noblegarden being still available I madly collected eggs on 7 toons to get the new mount. Only twice did the mount drop from an egg so had fun collecting eggs while watching through some shows I needed to catch up with - yay for being sick ... kinda lol.
On Leeta I managed to get another mount from Argent Tournament, so only one to go. They still ask after you Aprillian, I think they're pining for you especially The Kraken. :D
I did LFR this week - no loot however a good fast run, pity about the increasing amount of trolls in there lately. People can be so silly. Does anyone find that people get more silly when an expansion has been out for awhile? Are people just bored? What do you all think?
I went to help a guildie in Twilight Highlands as she found a rare spawn called Julak-Doom. Let's just say after many many attempts and checking WoWhead we found that we needed at least a 10 man raid to be successful. Was funny trying though.
I made a new gear set for Leeta - decided I needed a new look and settled on the Felcloth Set. Spent a few hours gathering Felcloth and Demonic Runes and was able to create the set. Am looking around for another set to play with so anyone have any ideas let me know.
Managed to get my IM toon to Lvl 32 - didn't play her alot again this week (letting Ashayo catch up :P)
CoD girls - Managed to get the Noble Title on my lil warlock - was very excited. Did much corpse running to get the Desert Rose achievement - always reminds me of Vanilla WoW and the corpse runs I used to do. It's funny to see how far you get before you die.
Did some more herbing on my DK - always relaxing to just run around and pick pretty flowers :)
Well that's it for me. May you all have a wonderful week.
Big hugs
Leeta






Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Happy Birthday - Matahorn

Emails































No comments:

Post a Comment