Saturday, April 20, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 316 - Two Terrific Trio triumphs! (aka, Need a life)


Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno’s Corner
Hello Ctrl Alt Wow Darlings!

Aprillian...you are the bomb!  We love you!  
Jeppy...we hope you're getting better!!
Tedra and Ashayo...we love you too! ;D
Here's a little audio, we hope you like it though it's not as in-game epic as they have been lately...next week shall resume the in-game-epicness, we promise! Also, this was recorded on my "other" computer and so the sound is a little off....sorry 'bout that.

Great big hugs & kisses

Juuno & Pixiegirl

p.s. For reference, the blog and twitter that Pixie mentions is this:  horses.socalwowgal.com; @socalwowgal

p.p.s. Ashayo, what are those AWESOME spider shoulders called???  I wants those!!!  They are TOO cool!


What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Aprillian and Epril got revered with Golden Lotus, got Augustus Celestial

Dual boxed Galleon, got money.

Died doing Sha
My stuff on the farm.

Ashayo

Roaming with Pet Battle Collector to complete pet collecting in each zone
Stage 5 solo scenario has some good RP. And nice touch on blood dripping from Taran Zhu as he walks away!

New world boss, Nalak, is super easy compared to Oondasta

LWR raid - 10 man
- Stoneguard down after 5 pulls ; new waist
- Feng the accursed down after about 5 pulls - upgrade for molly - yay!
- Working on Gara'jal the Spiritbinder ; rough trying to 2-heal it.

Ashield - ding 90. Terrific Trio achievement. Did the Thunder Isle solo scenario in i440 healing spec .... took about 15 mins to kill last boss! Working to get him raid ready without grinding reps, except Klaxxi. (He’s a BS, but need tiller rep to make motes to make gear)

Jeppy

Shadow Priest
Farming for my mount
Made me a Blingtron - I feel so special when I put it down


Tedrah

Emails




Hey clan , been a long time listener  ,even submitted a email ages ago under a old account, but had to welcome jeppy back, it was great to here you back on the podcast . working on making a toon for your realm . just wondering what class and race  does the guild need.. have a great day
Dwayne



Sorry you had to track me down in game Aprillian....but thanks for letting me know I won. I had some technical difficulties during the podcast. I saw a couple of people giving me a "grats" just as I got kicked out of chat- but my audio lag was so bad I thought the chat room was congratulating me for being in the weekly XP top 10 on Donnie's guild update. I had no idea that I won the roll on the pet because I had already been kicked out of chat. :)

I want to say thanks to Pixiegirl for the donation of the pet- I always enjoy hearing her audio submissions and quite enjoy the guild chat conversations too. I'm going to give the Pandaren Monk to my wife as she has been carrying my orc shaman around in game for most of the past week to help me catch up to her on leveling and raise some much needed gold.

I'm trying to persuade her to play on Earthern Ring more but she is an open-world PvP junkie and usually plays on our home server The Venture Co. If you see Mourvedre online in Clan of Darkness, that is her taking a break terrorizing dozens of alliance players while they quest. Please say hi, she won't hurt you unless you are PvP flagged.

Thanks again.

Skral (Jason)


BigG (audio)
Not much to report this week go the rugby and noisy neibourghs


Hello CAW. I just thought I would offer Ashayo an alternate way to level alts. At Mistfall Village in the south of Vale of Eternal Blossoms, a Golden Lotus daily quest called Sprite Plight will be offered about once a week from Mayor Shiyo. You don't need to do the quest but kill the sprites that spawn. I would funnel the sprites going up the small hill to the east of the inn. I left my alt in the inn but since they will be phased the alt can stand anywhere. This way isn't as fast as questing but I was getting 8 million xp, 1 Skyshard, and 9 or 10 Spirit of Harmony per hour. When leveling alts that could trigger pattern drops, setting the loot to Master Loot you should be able to assign the patterns to the phased toon.

Over the past week I have been getting calendar invites from spammers. The GM that replied to my ticket said a bug is making it possible for the invites and they are working on a fix. He also sent a macro that will remove the invites from your calendar. No need to read. I just wanted to pass the macro along.

First, try right-clicking on the event and selecting “Report Player.”  If this works, you are done!  However, if you are met with the error “Internal Calendar Error,” you can remove the invites using the script below:

1.) Make a new macro by selecting the macro option from the game menu or typing /macro and hitting "Enter".

2.) Copy and paste the following code into the macro window:

/run for i=0,99 do for y=1,31 do t,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,_,iB =CalendarGetDayEvent(i,y,1) if iB=="" or t=="TITLE" then CalendarContextInviteRemove(i,y,1) end end end

*Important: Replace TITLE in the script above, with the name of the spam event*

3.) Place the Macro on your action bar, and click the Macro.  Each click will remove only ONE calendar invite.

4.) The invites should be removed at this point

Reltar


Big Scary Work Load

Hi CaW crew, sorry no audio this time round as I haven't played our favorite game in almost a week (EeeeeeeeK….!) Scary I know, but Real life is currently full of prop building deadlines and visiting in laws. We Loved last weeks show and we know we'll love this weeks show and we all know that undead love is forever…

Thanks so much for your brilliant podcast, Love you all and happy adventuring,

The Nekrobobs

Profesor Nekronomicon strikes a pose for his new trading card profile picture.


Hello to everyone at Ctrl-Alt-Wow!

No audio today, as things are a bit stressful here in the Boston area this week, and I'm afraid it's impacted my creativity. I'm sure things will be back closer to normal by next week - fingers crossed. A number of my friends, including the one who got me started with WoW, are in the lockdown areas today. One has had a Blackhawk helicopter hovering above his house and his neighbors' for a time this afternoon.

I hope all of the podcast listeners also in this area are safe and sound.

In game news, I've been spending most of my game time (not as much as usual, granted) on Narendra, my undead hunter now closing in on level 86. She's about to start in on the "sniper" quest line. I was finally able to complete that on one of my toons, so hopefully she'll breeze right through.

Coming up is Children's Week, with which I've never really been thrilled. Perhaps I'll draft a toon or two to give it a go. We'll see what happens.

That is all. Hopefully, I shall see you all in game. Stay strong!

-Voltandra's player
@rogueslayer1


Rigamorty (audio)

Hi CAW Crew,

Attached is an audio update from me. Apologies in advance for the quality.

Cheers,

Rig


Helloooooo CAW Sweeties,
You know what time it is? It's group huggles time! /squeeeeeee :D
Sending you all the biggest huggles. This week has been rough on so many levels for many people, sending huggles all around the world and hope that you all are a little more sparkly now :)
Also sending lots of positive healing vibes to Jeppy oh and a good cup of well brewed tea :)
Well this is only a quick email just to touch base with you all.
I've not had a huge amount of time ingame this week however did spend some time working on my faceplanting skills with Kanrethad Ebonlocke for the Warlock green fire quest.
I am truly a natural at this and wonder why Blizzard doesn't just make faceplanting a special talent or abiltiy! hehe
Did some pet battles - I know shock right??!!! :p hehe Spent some time on Alliance side as I needed to grab some achievements and spent way too much fun creating another 5 teams and pet battling in the Alliance capitals. Silly Stormwind Rat doesn't want to give me a rare though :(
Killed the new world boss Nalak and got myself some sexy new pants - iLvl 522 so was super excited :)
It's a pretty easy fight if you have enough people - tank and spank it baby ;) That's what she... clean tag!!!!! hehehe
Some exciting news outside of the game - have joined Geektopia podcast as a cohost with Allanya and Alachaas. We chat about geeky things. It's been super fun and those 2 guys are hilarious.
Anyway enough prattling from me - I need me some coffee :D
Have a awesome show and a wonderful day.
Big huggles for you all!
Love Leeta xoxo
PS - Aprillian we need to talk Doctor Who stuff sometime soon ok :)
PPS - Tedrah did you get the Minfernal? Hope so :) grats if you did and if not grats when you do.
PPS - Ashayo do you hate Ebonlocke as much as me? lol I'm sure you do
Huggles byeeeeee xoxo



Grand Nagus (audio)
Hello CAW Crew,
this is my first attempt, so be gentle with me :)
Grand Nagus
Visit today:
and for all your Johnny Cash musical needs
and if you find any song you like you can buy it at
Legendary - good job





Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness
Donnie (audio)
Hey Gang! Have a great show! You all are awesome!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment