Sunday, April 6, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 364 - Darkmoon Faire Time Cometh!!


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Hi Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer, Tedrah and all of our awesome wow family!
  Hope everyone is having a awesome week, in an out game!
First of all want to say thank you for all of the help with are guild bank, awesome job guys! Made my work a lot easier last night, got
to say our bank looks amazing right now. Of course I know it won't last but still it's clean and so far nice and neat or it was when I logged off last night. Shaggy you better not have gone and messed it up! lol And hey no
poking while I'm cleaning that was so totaling unfair!
 Aprillian good job last week figuring out what the Tuft of Yak Fur was, I did think about explaining it in my email, but figured you would have more fun finding out
just what it was :)  And you girls did an awesome job!
Okay my week in wow didn't happen can't seem to keep my mind on the game, blame the weather or people from my past all of a sudden showing up. Sending unwanted friends request on Facebook, kind of like someone slapping you in the face. Thought five years ago I made it plan their not welcome in my live, I'm not a very forgiving person when it comes to something's.  
But I do have some awesome news, my oldest son is in the process of buying a home, and a couple more months his wife and son will be up here. He is only 2 hours away by the coast says they don't have any snow down there, hey wait a minute! They have no snow and we've still got a good couple of feet. Hmm maybe I should sell my home and buy
a cottage down that way, nope I love my place so I'll put up with the snow :)
But I can go and visit, play in the water do a little off game fishing and eat lobster, sit and watch the sun go down over the water. Been a long time since I've done that and nothing prettier then a full moon over the ocean :)

Hugs & Kisses
Pixie & Juuno
PS This week's pet is donated by Bruus a Sapphire Cub :)



What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian


Leeta

1/ HoT Toon - Druid
Been busy running ICC 5 mans & Trial of the Champions for gear.
Been practising healing - still need to set up Vuhdo properly however feel l am getting me head around Druid heals!
2/ Leeta
Isle of Giants - grinding Dinosaur bones. Started this week with 2786 - 4747
Looted a Primal Egg and waited the 3 days to finally get the Black Primal Raptor! http://www.wowhead.com/item=94292
Primal Eggs are Unique so you can only loot one - had another dinosaur drop one 2 days later which I could not pick up.
ZA & ZG runs for mounts!  Really don’t like how ZG has changed! Miss the original!

WoWScrnShot_040114_201530.jpg
Also finally got Amani Battle Bear from Zul’Aman http://www.wowhead.com/item=69747WoWScrnShot_040114_202853.jpg

3/ Changing Mobile Authenticators
I got a new phone and had to swap my mobile authenticator over - at first I thought this is going to be a pain however I found this article written by Mike Schramm to be super helpful! Took me less then 2 minutes to get it done :D http://www.tuaw.com/2012/09/24/dont-forget-to-change-your-blizzard-authenticator-with-your-new/
4/ Hearthstone on iPad
ZOMG!! Love it! Finally managed to try it last night and it looks and feels great!
Think this will become a dangerous lunchtime activity at work!!
5/ Warlocks
Ran Stratholme - Dead Side
Lvl 47-49
Mobs were yellow and orange! Was a really good challenge for the group!
Had to CC, stun with Shadowfury, Rain of Fire etc and keep good timing on cooldowns.
Drain Life ScreenshotsWoWScrnShot_040414_203331.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_204448.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_210333.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_211011.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_211651.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_212607.jpgWoWScrnShot_040414_212816.jpg
6/ Darkmoon Faire \o/
Will be back this Sunday so get your flour, threads and dyes ready!
Grab your Whee buff and Darkmoon Hat for xp/rep bonuses!


Rogueslayer

Leveling all races and classes (not combo’s) to 90 progress:

Race
Lvl to 90?

Class
Lvl to 90?
Human
x

Warrior
x
Dwarf
x

Paladin
x
Night Elf
85

Hunter
x
Gnome
64
(boost from 62)

Rogue
x
Draenei
85

Priest
x
Worgen
44

Shaman
33
Pandaren
x

Mage
(boost from 62)
Orc
x

Warlock
x
Undead
x

Monk
x
Tauren
41

Druid
44
Troll
x

Death Knight
71
Blood Elf
x



Goblin
71

Ironman
39 (dwarf hunter)

Magelicious - Dwarf mage
  • 28-28

Magebit - Gnome mage
  • 13-14

Irondruid - Night elf druid ironman
  • 3-17

Neutrina
  • 61-64
  • Fish or Cut Bait: Stormwind
  • Let’s Do Lunch: Stormwind
  • Killed Okrek in Veil Shienor, got Medium Rare

Henderscott Dwarf arcane mage
  • 30-31
  • Had 17 minutes Victory (free the village from HH) and 2 hours unburdened
  • Julie didn’t like Booty Bay, so flew to Ironforge, then I rocketed us to Hinterlands

Sommerlin Worgen feral druid
  • 39-44
  • Exalted with Tree Huggerz

Ironlocked Undead warlock ironman
  • 12-16

Emails



Hi my fellow altaholics!  I convinced Decker to do an audio with me!  /happydance

So here it is. Try not to laugh at me too much?  Even though I'm not the one who forgot her name…
audio by Rain


From one altoholic to another.
Dear Ctrl alt wow,

                            Fallenangelz here from proudmoore, I'm a long time wow player of 6 years with many alts across many servers proudmoore being my main server. I have been listening to your podcast for quite a while, 7 months to be exact and I am really enjoying listening to the show while playing the game. Since I am an altoholic myself this is the right show for me :). Currently I'm on my lonesome over at proudmoore with most my friends having stopped playing the game. Due to this I am in a guild with just my toons and as you can imagine this gets quite lonely after a while. I miss the days where I can just bring a group of friends together and raid old content or just mess around seeing how far we can level without anyone dying (hehe) and I long for these experiences again.

So with that said I am looking for a new home to level some alts at, a new set of friends to have some adventures with and just to have some plain old fun. Your guild came to mind when thinking of this, so I would love to be a part of your guild if you would have me as I am quite an altoholic myself.

Looking forward to your next show.

Fallenangelz

PS. I have already made a character over on earthen ring named fallenangelz that I am leveling in anticipation :) I guess I just cant stop making characters but you know what that's like...right?



The week that had lil to no Big G in it
Lets see to record a audio or not to record that is the question so lil to report but then again they all love my voice screw it I shall record but now what to say.
Big G


Hey CAW!

Just wanted to drop you a line to say hello because I know I haven't been around much. I have been rather scattered lately when it comes to game time. That said, I have been pretty dedicated to Blizzard games... just not one in particular. I have played some Hearthstone in my on-going quest to not be terrible at it and I also surprised myself by trying Diablo 3 again since abandoning it after one playthrough. I have been playing WoW, but... well, primarily Alliance side. I'm about 30% away from having a second level 90 Shaman. Yes, I will have only leveled two characters from 1 to 90 and they are both Shamans. I have a 90 hunter but that was my pre-order boost. I guess I must like Shamans a bit. Not on the Leeta-Warlock level but still, quite keen.

Hope you, the chat room, and all of the CoD guildies are doing well.

For the Alli... er Horde and for the TARDIS.

Hartnell


Hello all!

Hope I'm not totally too late for this week!

Just wishing you all a happy April! Haven't been playing much, as I've been on holiday in New Zealand - paradise on the beach and all that! But I am in-game boosting my DK to 90 as we speak. I'm excited about the announcement of the Alpha, but staying away from patch notes, as I'm sure they are going to change a million times.

Much love to you all you lovely hosts and to everyone in COD!

For the Horde!!

MWAH MWAH MWAH

Strumpet











Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus

WIM (WoW Instant Messanger)

Curse download page: http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/wim-3
The direct link to the YouTube video for this addon is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXaiS9_YPq8


Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


3/28-4/3

10
Dejabrew
Zahsharra
60
Inmyowndream
Trelane
20
Tiegrax
70
Inmyowndream
30
Vreeshna
Dreeshna
Breeshna
Gypsymoon
80
Soleil
Jortandra
Inmyowndream
Mstake
40
Vreeshna
Dreeshna
Breeshna
85
Jortandra
Inmyowndream
Gussy
Soleil
50
Zartanji
Trelane
90
Jortandra
Inmyowndream
Ridwyn
Drood

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Vreeshna
  • Breeshna
  • Dreeshna
  • Soleil




Top 10

Top 10 31 March 2014.png
  • Gifts:
    • From Intarsya (Rain) and Duvessae: 8 Living Steel Belt Buckle (Jolantru mail)


Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment