Sunday, September 14, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 387 - Harvest Festival We Hardly Knew You!

Recorded Sunday, September 14, 2014
Show Feed:
http://ctrlaltwow.podbean.com/e/ctrl-alt-wow-episode-387-harvest-festival-we-hardly-knew-you/?token=7fe3e5a149c01761c1866f3aa7826a49

Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Hello Ctrl Alt Wow darlings!

Here's a little surprise audio for you... (not a surprise that I sent the audio, but what's IN it... hehehe ;D

/great big hugs!!

Juuno


What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian


Auruk working so hard on Tiller’s

Thanks to Eranth for level 553 pants - so awesome
Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 7.55.06 AM.png
AprilHearth387.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-09-14 at 8.25.50 AM.png

Leeta

1/ DMF time!
Took 18 toons through to get Whee buff and professions done!
Leetalu (Monk) - hit Revered with DMF
Leitta (Hunter No.2) - hit Lvl43
Azeila (Rogue) - hit Revered with DMF!

Saw no sign of the Darkmoon Rabbit! Haz a sad :(
Jeremy Feasel is still a weasel!!

2/ Timeless Isle
Tonight I finally got Ordon Death Chime off of Flintlord Gairan!
So only 10 more things to finish the Going to Need a Bigger Bag Achievement!
Death Chime.png


3/ Ebonlocke must be related to Feasel!!!
Yes coz he is a weasel too!!
No Green Fire! Actually did worse this week on the fight! Maybe one day…

4/ Mount Runs

Warbringers, Zul’Gurub, Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle, Onyxia’s Lair, Tempest Keep, Vault of Archavon, Utgarde Pinnacle and Storm Peaks!

Grats to Ashayo on the Onyxia Drake (Ony’s Lair) and Wingy on the Grand Black War Mammoth (Vaults)

WoWScrnShot_091114_220752.jpg
Such a smexy trio!

After much alt hopping and dungeon running, finally…
WoWScrnShot_091214_221510.jpg
Come on the 49 roll!

WoWScrnShot_091414_194811.jpg
Smexy new mount! :D

5/ Treated myself to a new pet - Ethereal Soul Trader :)

Soul Trader.png

Rogueslayer

I completely missed the Harvest Festival. Whoops!

Gimblegyre (frost dk)
  • 75 - 81
  • Gymer the Storm Giant - INSIDE The Filthy Animal
  • Gymer in Dalaran inn.jpeg
  • Recipe: Storm Chops (Dalaran daily)
  • In Wintergrasp for Terror Fish, picked up a quest for Eternal Embers
  • Top hat:
  • Gimblegyre top hat.jpeg
  • Ran the starting Hyjal quest for portal, then went to Vashj’ir
  • 500 Quests
  • Gimblegyre 80 zoom.png
  • Working Day and Night (450x2) during Aprillian’s segment

Brillig (subtety rogue)
  • 100 HK
  • Temple of Kotmogu Victory
  • Geared up to
  • PIcked up 2 DMF PVP quests for immediate turn in
  • I really wish we could vendor Party Grenades. PITA.
  • Faire Favors - six different profession quests at DMF
  • Archy - Digger (10 common), I Had It In My Hand (1 rare) - up to 237
  • Accidental assault at Halfhill
  • 1000 conquest pts, Eye of the Storm Victory


Emails

This weeks audio because unlike win 8 Gmail works
So it's been a busy busy week outside of game and so I made 3 audios well 2 and one from last week


vandalynn
Hello exalted ones, I've been planning to write this for awhile but you know how real life goes.  First of all let me tell you a little about me, Apprillian asked for a little detail in the emails so sorry for who has to read this, but you asked for it.  I am a 40+ guy who just loves to play this game, I started mid-cata at the behest of friends who quit the game shortly after they got me hooked. Since then I have mainly learned on my own and took almost six months to get my dwarf paladin to 85, but most of that time was spent exploring, learning, and trying different classes so it wasn't as bad as it seems.
Once I learned about all the wow podcasts though, my journey was complete.  I now listen to at least 20 per week and that's just the ones on warcraft, I'm also a big standup comedy fan and listen to 20 or so of those casts per week. I now have 7 90s and mostly PVP on my DK, the only BGs I don't know how to do are Tol Barad and Winterspring(just sayin', rogueslayer, battletag Guydudebro#1571,) I don't have the confidence for raiding but I enjoy the game in my own way.  I have been listening to CAW for a couple of years now and grown to love the online family feel of the show, you guys are great and your concern for each other is heartwarming. Thanks for letting me join your merry band and if I can help with anything please let me know and that goes for anyone in the clan. Almost forgot, thank you for the Moon Moon pet donated by Pixiegirl it is now my most prized possession in the game and I'm trying to think of a name for him that honors the show and the guild. I'll try to send in emails from time to time, not this long though, once again thanks for a great show you guys all sound like you genuinely are having fun and I love that.
If you didn't like this email, remember rule of acquisition #19



P.S. If anyone wants some suggestions for funny podcasts or has any they listen to let me know.


No bended knee! No mockery! Somehow we still carry on!
Well it's been another week heres my audio

From Big G


Cat People!
Dear CtrlAltWoW!

A few days ago I got an invite to join the Beta! I will not go into how unreal this is for me getting into the beta, but, yeah, you can imagine :D

The first thing I noticed when loggin in, was the buzz about the new druid form.
Cat people in Orgrimmar! The kitten power of the druid has gotten even stronger!
What had happened?

So, at lvl 100 the druid can choose a talent called "Claws of Shirvallah", that turns you into half man half cat, and allows use of all non damaging druid spells while shapeshifted, and increase Versatility by 5%.  (Versatility is one of the new enhancements, increases dmg and healing done, and decreases damage taken).
But remember, this new cat talent is only available if you choose the FERAL specialization.

Sending you 3 pics, the black and white dotted is the shapeshifted worgen, the golden brown with stripes is the troll, and the lionlike is the tauren. So what race and color you choose will impact on the looks of your new cat form.

PS: These are pics from the Beta, so there might be some changes.

For the HORDE!
All the best from,
Ràvn
rav.jpg





I trust you have all had a fantastic  week in and out of the game.
Enjoy listening to my week.

✴ Wingstar  ✴

Ps: and yes it may of been my birthday on Friday.  21 Wooooo







Hearthstone Chat:

with BigHerth

Herthstone druid
Heres the next part and to be honest I think I have done them all now or what ones have I miseed

Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


9/7 - 9/13

Clan of Darkness II:
  • Level 24!!!!! - 10% reduction from vendors
  • Gnome Slayer, Dwarf Slayer -> Alliance Slayer


10

60
Grumarik
Huntes
20

70
Bellinia
30

80

40
Xiaotingpan
85
Hypok
50

90
Razmini


Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:

Top 10 / Top 5
CoD Top 10 20140908.pngCoD2 top 10 20140908.png

Gifts:
  • Leeta:
    • Cockatiel - Elodar
    • Tickbird Hatchling - Razmini
    • Silver Tabby Cat - Stegatamad
    • Siamese Cat - Orcstein
    • Imperial Silkworm
    • Blue Clockwork Rocket Bot
    • Winterspring Cub
    • Spring Rabbit’s Foot
    • Tree Frog Box
    • Truesilver Shafted Arrow
    • Voodoo Skull
    • Sea Pony
    • Green Helper Box
    • Captured Flame



Shout Outs & Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment