Saturday, May 7, 2016

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 471 - WoWADHD

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 471 - WoWADHD


Aprillian, Tedrah, Vrishna, Marzana and guest hosts discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners.
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-chick Tedrah. We record every Saturday at 6 p.m. EST / 8 a.m. (Sun. Australia’s time), on our Ustream page! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ctrl-alt-wow-world-of-warcraft-podcast
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s delightful adventures



What We've Been Doing:

Leeta

Hellooo sweeties!


Just a quick update audio! :)


Have a great show! And have a wonderful week!


Love and huggles Leeta


Aprillian & Vrishna


Vrishna



Level 15 and takin’ on the baddies !


First Lurzan ...


Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 3.07.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 3.07.36 PM.png


… and then Knucklerot
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.18.15 PM.png
Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.18.48 PM.png


And Knucklerot again !


Screen Shot 2016-05-02 at 4.35.05 PM.png


Class photo
Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 10.42.04 PM.png


Rain
I got Multishot working.  I’m still taking manual shots, but it’s nice for when I don’t have a ton of actual WoW stuff to talk about! :)  I even managed to almost completely forget about the DMF.


Danarra….thank you.  Thank you so much.  And you HAVE to come up with something for me to do for you now!


And Just for Vrishna, the toy is called the Jewel of Hellfire, and it turns EVERYTHING into a fel-tainted Dranei.  Here is my belf Rain:
And here is where you get it and the Wowhead link:


How to tell it’s been a while since you logged into a toon…


Mordrain hit level 100!


Other than the daily menagerie pet battles, the rest of my week was spent logging in and letting my toon go AFK while I knit! Constraxx gave me some good ideas for making gold on the AH, now I just need to implement them!


Aprillian

Had to delete Aprilloc becauce Constrax sent her money.


Got a blingtron on the new Aprilloc, the extra gold covered ah costs on selling dmf bags


Screenshot 2016-05-03 16.15.49.jpg
WOWADHD
Just wandering around between accounts.
Took a level 8 hunter Shhaa to DMF as if she was a Challenger toon. Then noticed she had on heirlooms.
Photo Apr 27, 22 11 36.png


Rogueslayer


Emails.png

It takes a village
Hello all, Aprillian, Vrishna, Marzana, Rain, Big G, Grand Nagus, Constracts,......
Greetings from TallPaul-Bladefist.
My son and I have recently started working through old WOW content, as we have a shared interest in the Lore and backstory. Unfortunately, we're in a very (VERY!) dormant guild and have worked through most of the content we can two man (well, 1 man, 1 boy...).
Vrishna's Friday raids sound like a perfect fit for our casual addiction.  If you'd have us, we'd love to roll toons (OK, maybe we already have....) on Earthen Ring and see if we can jump in and help out.  Having other positive casual (adult) influences for budding my wingman/pocket healer would also be very welcome, to beat back the /2 'love.'   :)
Hope you all have a great day.  Look forward to playing with you some time soon!
TallPaul


Battle for mount Hyjal (Raiding for Beginners)
Hello,


So good to hear from you all, Vrishna for your records I've listened to the jokes from the last episode about 8 times this week alone.  You are a master of comedy when it comes to being quick witted in a very short amount of time, the jokes get better with every listen.


How was my week in WoW:


Well there was surgery on Wednesday at 5:45 am, and a phone call at 10:10 am saying there was a problem with surgery, followed by a phone call at 1:30 pm from a very apologetic surgeon.  Personally I think every ounce of pain that goes into making the Knee with extra titanium in it will be worth it in the long run.  Don't google Rule of Acquisition #34, that's the lesson from dropping group in the middle of a podcast, I chuckled so much, people must think I have a few loose screws in my head when I'm jogging in the hospital hallways.


pI'm on Vacation this week, this does not mean I get to play WoW everyday, but it does mean that my time in WoW is very special and filled with excitement for the possibilities of what I can achieve.  I dropped into Warsong Gulch on the first day of children's week while wearing full conquest gear.  It's hard to describe the euphoria of 1 or 2 shotting undergeared people toting an orphan around...  My First Warsong Gulch started by loosing a flag and an Alliance player yelling "Let them win", to which I promptly replied "SHUT YOUR CAKE HOLE", I didn't know it --> but I was raid leader at the time and that was one of the finest team I've ever played with, the healers were just very very tenacious and the other very undergeared teammates were really skilled at CC's and Not dying too much, We finished the match 3-1 victory with a minute to spare on the clock, I really felt like my first week in WoW doing PvP.  The flag would make it three quarter of the way across the map and 6 people would pop all their CD's to down the Flag Carrier over and over.


I'm sorry I was not able to be in game much this week in Clan of Darkness guild, I make 4 trips a day to the hospital, come home and sleep very little before getting up the next day and going right back to the hospital.  The wife's doctor told her that I'm like 1 in a million, most husbands don't go visit their spouse every single day and help with bath and eating and other stuff that the nurses do.  I really appreciate that the health care system provides for the 2 of us so she doesn't end up in a wheelchair at 60.  The taxpayers are picking up the bill so we don't have to on this one, 6 to 8 weeks recovery in hospital :(


Cheers from Canada


Don, a.k.a. Constraxxone


Constraxx Screen shots
Two Pics,


First impressions in Shrine of the Two moons :


Our first time meeting in Game,


The Big G & Constraxxele
BigGCons.jpg


Hey what's with the Bigger mount
New Toy for Big G,


The scaling for Tauren makes Blood Elf Traveler's Tundra Mammoth look like a midget...


Cheers,


Don, a.k.a. constraxxone
MoreMnts.jpg


Hello CAW crew (email submission 7th May 2016) Kep
Good day Ctrl Alt Wow crew hope you are all good and doing well?
Well my week has been a bit of a nightmare! I have had MAJOR computer problems. Windows 10 decided to completely mess up my system and I had to re-install windows. I reverted my system to Windows 7. However, windows 10 managed to corrupt my hard drive and its partitions. This then caused more problems crashing my system again and corrupting my fresh installation. I thought I was going to have to buy a brand new hard drive. I did manage to finally get into the hard drive partition area (which was harder than it should have been) and deleted everything. I have finally got my computer up and running and so far it seems stable! *crosses fingers*


Obviously due to my PC problems my week in wow has been rather limited. I have become obsessed with Ashran and the nemesis quests. So far Kep is on 23 undead kills (which is going A LOT slower than I thought it would) and Kuhok has completed the Human quest and now has the ‘Manslayer’ title. I have collected thousands and thousands of bones and now have my Gladiators Sanctum up to level 3. I have acquired tons of new PVP gear, including 4 conquest ilevel 710 pieces – which is nice. I have also got exalted with Vol’jins Spear and got the ‘Captain’ title from my ship yard.  So a pretty good week, all things considered.


I also got a free WOD upgrade on one of my accounts which includes a level 90 boost - which was great! Although shame it wasn’t my US account. Can’t have it all :D
The biggest tip I can give this week is…
1. 1.  Do not and I really do mean DO NOT install or upgrade any windows OS to windows 10!!
Take care all
See ya! “I’ll miss you!” – Kep and Kuhok Argent Dawn EU


Mounting Contrax
So here's my audio hope you enjoy
BigG




My Week in WoW!
It's been another two weeks since I've last been able to write into the show, but I'm happy to say I have actually got some WoW playtime in this go round - when I wasn't getting my tail kicked in the Overwatch beta, that is!


In WoW, I've mostly been goofing around on my main and trying to get some gear sets for high level alts to transmog. I actually have a funny story about that, too!
When I bought my pre-order of Legion, I couldn't decide which alt to boost to 100. I finally settled on boosting my worgen hunter, because he was level 62 and I didn't really feel like leveling his professions anymore. After boosting him, I decided to take him through a bunch of old world raids in an attempt to make him look cooler. Molten Core, Blackwing Lair, Gruul, Black Temple-- I ran the gamut of old content. Finally, I came back around to run Karazhan, one of my old favorites to do. I've done it so many times in the past that I basically autopilot through the whole instance, so I hadn't been paying attention when I ran up to and killed the first boss, Attumen the Huntsman. I didn't even notice that a very special mount had dropped until my screen exploded with the achievement for receiving the Fiery Warhorse!!


When it finally dawned on me what had happened, I nearly fell out of my chair! My wife and I had been hunting for the Fiery Warhorse for YEARS and it just decided to drop when I wasn't even looking for it! I've since come to realize that my hunter is some sort of good luck charm and I take him through all my old content when I'm not gear hunting. :)


Outside of that little adventure, I tried to get some more work done on my Clan of Darkness characters! Sae the pally is just about ready to head into Outland for the first time, which is very exciting! Sadly, though, I haven't done much with my Iron toon recently, but I hope to remedy that in the coming days when I get some downtime! I also finally worked out some voice recording stuff on my phone and computer, so I might be able to get a voice submission in for next week! Very excited!!


I'll be off now, we're headed for a lovely Tulip Festival in my local park!


As always, I remain your friendly neighborhood druid,


Saeureon <3


Updates
Greetings CAW Crew,


One again, my time has been spent searching for transmog.  I am still working on sets from Molton Core and Sunwell Plateau.  I finally finished the warlock set from the Sunwell.  As well, I finished a plate recolor set from Outlands heroic dungeons and raids.  Clarad went from all dark to very colorful.  A trip to the barber for a change in hair color, and she was all set.
I was lucky enough to finally get the mount drop from Magister's Terrace, and no longer need to run that dungeon.  I was also able to complete the shaman set from Molton Core.    I have attached some pictures of the transmog and the mount.


On the leveling front, my warrior Maethil is now 91 and hanging around her garrison building up some rested XP and building up resources.  My gnome is now 57, and I hope to have her up to 60 with the last day of the whee! buff.


For the Horde, and lots more bank slots for transmog gear


Duvessae
clarad mighty.jpg
Clard dark.jpgHawkstrider.jpgMiserie 1.jpgUrtroz.jpg







Addon.png
Each week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.


You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at towerofcommerce@gmail.com


Dark_cut.png

Hi everyone - Taking a break from running my FOUR pacifist toons to send in the guild updates and a tip: if you're wondering what achievement gives a particular reward (such as a Deathwatch Hatchling...) you can use the Search tab on the Achievements window to search for where particular rewards are located, including hidden ones if you check the related box. Achievements are hidden if they are part of a group and you haven't yet completed the prerequisites.


Have a great week!


- Rogueslayer


Guild Updates:

10
Littlebitironic
Pacifissh Vegan
60

20

70

30

80

40

85

50

90



100

Last week’s 100’s:

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:

Guild Chat App - Discord


Trying a 24/7 chat app for guildies to join and just keep in contact and have chats with during IRL :) Also has a voice channel just like vent/mumble! And very easy to use! :)




And we have a CtrlAltWoW Server - so check out the link above for invite.


Chat.png

Shout Outs & Thank You






No comments:

Post a Comment