Recorded Friday, March 24, 2017 2000
Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 515 - Descend into the Tombs with Me
Aprillian, Constrax, Vrishna, Grand Nagus and guest hosts discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners. Guild Round up from Rogueslayer
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-guru Constraxx. We record Live on our Ustream page! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ctrl-alt-wow-world-of-warcraft-podcast
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an email to email@example.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.
What We've Been Doing:
Rocking and rolling on Emissaries for reputation and for Artifact research to Level 25, 3 characters so far at max research, possibly level some other things prior to launch, Goblin on earthen ring has just passed level 10.
Different Queue for when you’re in a hurry, a level lower and a buff to difficulty by removing tank from group might change the tuning of a 5 man dungeon. I really miss the good old scenarios from Pandaria where you actually got to learn something when you went there and it only had the Hard difficulty setting or no entry.
7.2 is coming on tuesday.
Blizzard will bring back Scenarios as part of the new Broken Isles version of the Legion invasion events, having them be the final of 3 stages.
Patch 7.2 adds the first pet battle dungeon, a solo scenario entitled Wailing Critters.
Preparing for the Dungeon
- Once inside the scenario, you cannot leave or you'll have to start over.
- The scenario is somewhat time-consuming, so be prepared to spend at least a half hour inside.
- Most battles are against Beast type pets, so Mechanical pets will have a clear advantage.
- You should bring an Aquatic pet for the final boss, Budding Everliving Spore, due to his Elemental type.
Consider adding these pets to your team:
- Anubisath Idol - This pet's dominant stall strategy with a decent Mechanical attack is effective against most pets.
- Emerald Proto-Whelp - It can outlast pretty much any other pet.
Getting to the Dungeon
- Pick up A Call from the Caverns and head to the skull-shaped rock above Wailing Caverns to find Muyani.
- Speak with her again to be teleported into the scenario. You will not be able to start the scenario by zoning in to Wailing Caverns.
- The scenario takes place inside Wailing Caverns.
- It challenges players to complete eleven pet battles, including a final battle versus a Legendary foe.
- All enemies are Level 25 pets of increasing quality that are classified as either Elite or Boss.
- There are two different scenarios: a one-time scenario and a weekly challenge scenario.
- Requires Level 110 and one Level 25 pet, but it's recommended you have at least three max level pets.
- Pets can be healed and revived between battles.
Weekly Challenge Scenario
- Requires Level 110 and at least fifteen Level 25 pets.
- Pets cannot be healed or revived between battles.
- Rewards an Ultimate Battle Training Stone.
Weekly Challenge Scenario
- Each battle will require you to defeat three pets.
- The primary pet will always be accompanied by two Common-quality pets randomly selected from the Deviate pets battled in Stage 1.
- Stage 2 - Defeat the Son of Skum (Beast, Epic, Elite) and his team.
- Stage 4 - Defeat Hiss (Beast, Epic, Boss) and his team.
- Stage 5 - Defeat the two Growing Ectoplasms (Magic, Rare, Elite) and their teams.
- Stage 6 - Talk to the Shadowy Figure found sleeping to the right of the final boss.
- Stage 7 - Defeat the Budding Everliving Spore (Elemental, Legendary, Boss). His Acid Rain + Dreadful Breath combination will do a high amount of damage if the fight goes on too long. Acid Rain will also cause Aquatic abilities to do more damage, so with a quality Aquatic pet you’ll be able to dispatch him relatively quickly.
My little Monk, Tìan, has reached level 80 now, almost made it with a 2h buff run for 10 character levels until 60, then it slowed down, but it’s still running the better part of the way, getting 7 levels from the 2h buff, including wait time between dungeons.
Being in Stratholme and being
Looking forward to seeing how it’s gonna work when the exp gain slows down starting on Cataclysm dungeons.
No new legendary items for 2 weeks now !!
Have a great day! 😄
Greetings CAW Crew,
Attached is another update form me this week. It's a short one as real life has been a bit manic this past week.
For the Horde,
For the Alliance,
Each week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.
This means what it’s saying, if you are using the Addon FollowerLocationInfo, it’s used to locate the followers in Warlords of Draenor, uninstall it, because it’s not working anymore.
You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guild Chat App - Discord
Trying a 24/7 chat app for guildies to join and just keep in contact and have chats with during IRL :) Also has a voice channel just like vent/mumble! And very easy to use! :)
The App is Discord - https://discord.gg/0gr8ON8GpXJQrJHy
And we have a CtrlAltWoW Server - so check out the link above for invite.