Sunday, August 23, 2009

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 129 - Ctrl Alt Wemb

Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator, they are back in the store.

Blizzcon Report

With our man in the field with his pulse on Blizzcon - Wemb from Bind On Equip Podcast http://bindonequip.com

What We've Been Doing:



Aprillian

Flying around Outland with my Death Knights is kind of weird, I was so used to walking everywhere. Did a few Zangarmarsh quest. Got FP but seemed silly. Went to Nagrand but no exclamation points. Thinking of going back and grinding

Took Drame & Tiiaa around with cloth from ZF. Love the convenience of the mage.

Can't decide whether to do the Wrathgate on ER with Aprillian and her crew or level the DK's on JT. Took Auruk and Epril out to do some quests in Venomspite. Then switched over to the DK Quad to the Slave Pens.

Ashayo


Bought Argent Crusader Tabard on Ashayo/Asheal - teleport to AT grounds.

Ulduar 10 - Actually got in on Ashayo
oneshot FL, XT, Razorscale, Ignis, Cat lady, Iron Council
Tried Hodir a couple of times, but called it.

Naxx 10 run ; full clear, with some speed achievements

Levelled Ashrune to 68 picked up Elixir mastery - eventually.
Ashrune 68 - master of transmutation (4 primal might)
Flew back to Shatt , then realised I hadn't picked up the quest to swap. Fly back out to Netherstorm spire
Finally train. Made 4 flask of pure mojo - procced 4, 6, 2, 2
Made 3 FrostWrym - 4 , 2, 4
Hit 450. Learnt epic transmutes. Started 5 day quest
Learnt eternal earth to shadow - most useless transmute!

Hiide Finally procced an additional epic gem with a transmute

Hanging with Pants on Head crew with another DK ; ran Ramparts a couple of times, then Blood Furnace. Feeling like I should try something different on this one, like only levelling instances.


Emails


Email #1 from Xandarr

I feel so horrible that I have been out of the loop in listening to your podcasts as regularly as I have in the past. I lost my job at the end of June and in so doing I lost my iPhone in which I listened to your podcast in my car and any other free time I had to pop the headphones on and listen. I have been trying to listen on my computer but I have fallen so far behind I find it more and more difficult. But I still value your thoughts and opinions very much so.

Recently I finally got to witness the arrival of my newborn son, Calib, on August 8th. Now I find myself in a real pickle and I would like to know your opinions. As I have done before, I have created a little one in virtual space. Calib is a gnome rogue on Trollbane (US) along with his older sister Shelbimay have been a couple alts of mine. With my WoW time being at a premium, sometimes I only have time to do the dailies for the Argent Dawn. But I would really like to get some heirloom pieces for Calib and play him up using them. Is it worth my time to grind harder and harder with Xan to get his gear up more, or shall I work on getting what is needed in order to get heirloom pieces for my alt?

Anyway, still playing WoW as much as I can. Studiing and trying to get my lisence to sell insurance in Utah is another time sick that I am grinding through in order to get a better job, that will hopefully afford me more free time and money. I love your shows when I can cath them in their entirety! Contact me if you ever want a guest on your show. =]

--
Xandarr
http://twitter.com/Xandarr2112
http://theexperiencednoob.blogspot.com/


Email #2 from Grim


G'day Aprillian, Ashayo, and Glanthur :-)

Listening to episode 128 and, is it just me, or does Aprillian's audio keep cutting out? It sounds like Glanthur and Ashayo could hear Aprillian perfectly while you were recording, but when I downloaded the episode, and I tried streaming it too, Aprillian's audio keeps dropping out. I'm 29 minutes in at the moment but I'm still going to listen to the whole episode because you guys are JUST THAT AWESOME!

Thanks for the fun,

- Grim


Email #A from Falkork

Hello Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo

Thank you so much for having me on the show last week i really enjoyed talking to you sorry i was not more Talkative as i was a little but nervous.

On from last week alot has happened.....

To start with i have lead my first raid into Naxx 10 and after 2 nights (with out the raiders) we cleared the whole raid and half the people had never even seen Naxx before.

Also i got my First 226 Epic piece of gear The Frozen Tear of Elune.

On the Ulduar front my guild Divine Edge are still flying though the bosses and have reached Yogg-Saron. i feel sad that i am not part of the raiding team but i know my day will come to throw myself into healing though those Epic Fights.

As i mentioned on the show that blood elf is still in Winter grasp Ganking people left right and center but i have got him back a few times lol.

As always i love listening to the show and look forward to the next one

For the Alliance.

Falkork.

P.S. you don't have to include me in the /roll as hearing your show every week is a prize in itself :-)


Email #3 from Dwarfvader

Hello Ctrl Alt Wow,
It's me... Dwarfvader again. It's my Birthday this week! Wahoo! Im turning.... old. So anyway, back to WoW. As you read from my last email about how I was thinking about trying it out. Well, I did and I love it. It feels weird leveling 2 toons at once but it is so much fun to one shot a bunch of mobs your own level. Thanks for the help with dual boxxing. By the way, gratz to Aprillian on hitting level 77 and getting her epic flying! and Sorry to Ashayo for having to spend 6k gold on something you can never use. Well Love the show! May the force be with you.
Dwarfvader
P.S.- What do you call a Tauren with no legs at all?
Ground Beef!!! Hahahaha


Email #4 from Ritaheyward

Ritaheyward here. I just started playing WOW about a month and a half ago.
I don't have a ton of time to play due to work and different races on the weekends that I have been competing in. (triathalons and marathons, etc)
That being said, my main is only a level 26 blood elf hunter with mining and engineering. I have a few alts that are primarily used for the gathering professions and I plan to go the Aprillian route and have an alt for each profession. I have been dual boxing my main and my skinner/herbalist primarily for gathering supplies to sell for gold. I do still try and run the low level instances with my friends and PVP to try and vary my WOW experience, but I think I almost enjoy farming the best. Knowing that I can go out and pick up everything available is really cool. I've got just under 1000 gold at this point through various lucrative auction house investments on the Sen'Jin server. In my opinion, gold isn't going to be an issue for me, so I might start to focus on actually leveling
for a while. So, that is what I've been up to. Couple quick questions for you guys. 1. Do you think that engineering is a worthwhile profession. At this point, it seems to be extremely difficult to level, so I am not sure I will have the patience, or knowledge, to do so. If I stay with it, which path would you take, goblin or gnomish? If I move away from it, what professions are your favorites that may benefit me? 2. I don't know what kinds of opinions you have on this, but what spec, in your opinion, should I focus on for my hunter? I really enjoy PVP and might enjoy doing that a lot, but I also want to have epic pets some day. Finally number 3. As far as gear goes, how far above my actual level should I focus on for my gear level. You level so fast at the low levels that it is very hard to keep up with gear, but there have to be some ideas on this. Thanks guys, and great podcast. You really make my work days fly by!
For the Horde!!


Email #5 from Mullets


Hey guys.

Last week you got an e-mail from Tom, asking about software and addons to run two WoW clients.

Seeing as he is a Mac user, I unfortunatly can't help him out.. yes i am a dirty PC user.

But i might be able to help other PC users that wanna try out dual or multiboxing.

I recently got into dualboxing myself, and i tried out some different software that makes it easier to run two WoW clients and all of these have a key copy function that will copy your key strokes to the other clients.

The Software i tried was.



Muboxer:
I found that Muboxer is very easy to set up and it works very well.. though it have to be said, that it gave me a lot of trouble while trying to type outside the game.
Therefore I have to shut it down if i want to browse for something while in game.

I would recommend this for a starter, because of the nice guide that comes with it. Also this addon makes it simple to launch two or more WoW clients.

Keyclone:
You will have to pay 20$ for keyclone. but it also offers more options than Muboxer. It have a nice tab where you can setup exactly how you want the multiple WoW clients placed on your screen. and keyclone have a pause function for the keycloning so that you can talk in guild chat without all of your slave toons spamming the same thing.

It's a bit more difficult to set up if you haven't done it before. Turpster have made a great video about it over on WoW.com that should be able to help everybody set up keyclone.

Overall keyclone is in my opinion better than Muboxer, but Muboxer is indeed more beginner friendly.

So if you do not want to caugh up 20$ Muboxer is a good alternative, even though it might leave you frustrated when trying to type outside the game.

Jamba:
This addon is the best a multiboxer can have. I heard you mention it on last weeks show so i won't go into details here.

This e-mail have now grown into a giant wall of text. I would have gone into greater detail but I know how wall of texts can take away interrest.

If you ever need a guest for the show, hit me up with a mail.

This mail is not intended to be read on the show. This is more for you guys to get some information about the PC side of things.

I hope this mail can help you guys, answer the questions Tom had if any PC users asks you a similar question.

I am sorry if you guys already know all of this. But my good side forced me to try and help out.

Love the show..

Best regards
Mullets

chatroom moderator
The rawrcast show.

Email #6 from Maztar

Hello Superior 3,

Maztar of pants on head. I just wanted to let you know what I have been doing in the world of warcraft. Well after a slow month and then letting my sub run out I decided to come back to the game of course. I did however, get through it with a help of a few podcasts that I listen too. Now I'm back from a Canadian vacation and back to the game as well. I had a bit of a scare while listening to the podcast though. Every time Aprillian would talk she would cut out, I thought it might be some kind of interference from the closet but I then tried to get the podcast again from Itunes and well, all was well. So off I went to H VH and began to learn how to heal again. Thanks for a great podcast and wonderful show. FOR THE HORDE Matt (Maztar) level 71 druid in a distinguished guild PoH.



Email #B from Bidkar

Hello Aprillian, Ashayo and Glanthur,

Bidkar, undead level 80 mage on Borean Tundra here. Once again, dailies dailies dailies. I picked up a few more epics, got a good deal on the Orb of Deception. I've always wanted the Orb of Deception since I've heard of it. I haven't equipped it yet because I still don't know which toon I will be playing all the time. Playing a paladin is tons of fun and druids are awesome. My pally is up to 59 and in the Outlands. Outlands is more fun than I remember it being. I think not getting ganked all the time by death knights may be adding to the experience.

I started some more alts. It's been a couple of weeks since I started a new character and I needed a fix. I started a blood elf warlock and a tauren hunter. I've always been curious about those classes and I have found the best way to learn about a class is to play that class.

I think Cataclysm looks pretty good. I've always loved anything that pertains to a major disaster and this expansion looks like a big knock on the chin for Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms. I'm not too sure about the goblin thing, but I guess the Horde needs a gnome equivalent. I will be playing a goblin for sure since they are certain to have a new starting area, plus I'm sure a level 18 goblin female will be called for during the next Noble Garden.

A quick question for Glanthur. I started to take my paladin up to 80 because you made it sound like so much fun. Have the recent changes changed your gameplay with the paladin? I haven't noticed anything that bothers me, but I'm leveling Ret and I am planning on dual speccing into Holy. I want to play a Holy Paladin at 80 and do healing. I've read some people complaining about the changes. I want to hear the opinion of a person who I know is 100% rational and not just folks who do all QQ'ing first chance they get.

As always, love the show, keep up the good work!

Bidkar and his many alts.



Shout Outs & Thank You

Shoutout #1 from Karen's Husband Ted


Hey guys! I love your show and have been listening for a couple of months. My wife, Karen, has written in several times and I'd love to get you to wish her a happy birthday for August 23rd. It's going to be a big week for her - Blizzcon on Friday and Saturday, plus she has tickets to the Women's Professional Soccer Championship (also on Saturday).

I have toons on both horde and alliance, including a level 80 Troll Hunter and 80 Night-elf Druid. I've even been trying out multi-boxing with a Mage and and a Death-Knight, it's pretty fun :)

Anyway - keep up the great work.
Ted

No comments:

Post a Comment