Monday, March 7, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 205 - Moar Chat Room!

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

Call to Arms was answered

Juuno

Hello Darlings!! I'm so sorry I missed last week...I was just so zonked out last week (mega fail, I know =( And thank you SOOOO much, Aprillian, for letting me know to get this in now...I would have been SO sad if I missed another week! I love you guys, and miss you too.

*great big hugs*

Juuno =)

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian
Didn't bring my A game to play with Ashayo.
Really enjoyed the Ustream, wish I had thought to bring in people in the stream, might do that next time.

Moobya, guild AIE Approved Beef, GM hadn't played

Triple boxed Nexus on new MBP

Got new hotspot, iClear
Had to call in on on the phone protected one and reset my password on the authenticatored account

Epril dinged 84 - little bit of xp from power running dungeons, from fishing, cooking & jc dailies & AT
Just started the fishing dailies, lots of xp, and no real fishing so far.

Triple boxed Drak'thorn while watching Doctor Who and fast walking/running on treadmill

Still power leveling AstarĂ¥ in Enchanting. Not in too much of a hurry, she can't go beyond 425 until she's 75.
Someone cornered the market on infinite dust:


Aprillian & Vrishna
Ran Grizzly Hill Dailies
Did AT Dailies
I so enjoy doing dailies with Vrishna

PVP in Blue Hills logging

Vrishna
Got exalted with Undercity and bought rep accidentally after I was done

Removed fizzle's hand and lassoed the thunder lizards

Vrishna got THAT TAKES CLASS & MAKE LOVE NOT WARCRAFT

Virinya got 10 exalted reps

Finally broke down and bought another guild bank tab

Reported player
Ashayo

Jeppy
If Rift were WoW I'd be a king....
Emails

Email #A

By the skin of my teeth (Not)


Dear CAW crew,

I have been listening to your show for a couple months, just after returning to wow after probably 18 months off. I recently asked a friend about all of the toons out there with titles and he said that those come from seasonal events. I considered this for a moment before deciding to jump into the Lunar festival which was ending in about 5 days. I intially started the event with my Lv. 68 Shaman but then decided it would be easier if I did it with my lv. 85 DK due to the dungeons. Anyway I worked on the various achievements for the next several days until the last day of the event where I had just two achievements left, Elders of the Dungeons and elders of Northrend. Elders of the Dungeons was easy as I had already done everything but the Northrend dungeons and a friend was helping me. I had several hours to spare and only one hurdle to overcome, Wintergrasp was under horde control. The battle would be starting soon and as someone who had never done any pvp I was a bit nervous. The horde must have realized that if they could maintain control of the zone for the remainder of the day it would prevent any alliance players from completing the event because they came out in force. A dozen or so lv 85's against 4 80+ players. It did not go well, however I would not give up. A couple hours later I tried again with a similar turn out and results. I was now starting to worry. I would only get one more opportunity to win this battle before losing the achievement for the year. My friend told me anything could happen but I should prepare myself for the worst. I was becoming desperate. The thought that completeing this event would escape me because of a single obstacle threatened to drive me mad. I decided I would try to plead for assistance from other players. At approximately 12:20, just minutes before the final battle be fore zero hour, I went to Dalaran and requested aid. I explained how the Hoard was trying to prevent us from earning the event and it worked. When the battle started there were a solid 12 players and it continued to grow over the ten minutes it took to take the zone. I was riding an incredible high in the following days telling all that would listen of my valiant battle. I then decided to try for love is in the air event in which I eventually completed. I have now decided that I will get a Violet proto drake in one year. I would like to thank you for keeping me motivated to complete my task weekly. I couldn't have done it without you,


Thank you,

Darksteel Feathermoon
Isisa Feathermoon
RandiWallace Feathermoon

Email #B

Greetings to the Criminal from down under, the Pom from across the pond, my fellow "noob" Varishna and the lovely Ms. Aprillian,

I hope all are well. I've been busy since Cata dropped. I race changed my Hunter Treaul (troll) to a goblin (yes he's a goblin named troll) and leveled him to 85 in 5-6 days. After getting Treaul geared for Heroics I leveled my feral tank Brewdawg to 85.

My original intent was to raid with my hunter but the team I was running heroics with always needed tanks. Brew's gear progression outpaced Treaul's so when it was time to start raiding my hunter got left behind. I enjoy tanking. For almost 20 years I plaid Prop, front row in a Rugby Scrum, so tanking fits my personality.

The regular tanks from the team I was running with returned relegating Brew to bench warmer status. This just after CAW's own Ashayo helped move Brewdawg into that team's co-guild.

All things happen for a reason, a tanking spot opened with a different team who's raid schedule is a better fit for me. We've gotten 4 bosses down and are progressing nicely.

I had to laugh about Varishna spending 2k gold on gear. I've spent well over 50k gold on gear, enchants, and gems over the last few weeks. DPS and healers can overcome lower gear with skill but raid Tanks are gonna get hit hard so you need all the avoidance and health you can get your hands on.

Brewdawg now has most of the gear available outside of raids so I'm starting to feel free to play alts. However one of the great things about Druids is they can be 4 alts in one toon. I've been working on becoming proficient at kitty DPS for encounters that only require one tank. The Kitty "rotation" is arguably the most complicated in WoW. It's not nearly as bad as it was pre 4.0 but you can't top the meters anymore either.

It was great to hear IceFlow and Caoboi on the podcast and Miss Molly was a treat as well. Caoboi and IceFlow were very humble on the show so I want to boast on their behalf. Their raid team is one of the top progression teams on Earthen Ring.

They are shining examples that you can be Elite without being an Elitist Jerk.

I'll end my ramblings with a couple of tips:

Everyone should run the content they enjoy. However I wanted to make sure you and your listeners were aware of the Nerf Bliz made to XP gains with 4.0. Once you out-level the content of an expansion zone (60 for old world, 70 for outland, and 80 for Northrend) you only receive 10% of the xp from killing mobs and turning in quests.

And the little arrows your seeing above mobs heads may be from a hunter's "Marked for Death" talent. A Marksmanship hunter's Chimera and Arcane Shots automatically apply it. It's similar to a Hunter's Mark however it's not dispellable and will not prevent stealth or invisibility.

Regards,
BrewDawg
AIE For Tuna!
E Pluribus Unum

Audio from Nevik:

205 Submission even though you didn't ask /sadpanda

I can take a hint. I'll get on those bumper-stickers master of the whip. But hey, I did add some iPad covers to the CAW store.

Nevik


Email #C from Gravenau

Sorry I have no audio this week mainly because I just knocked off work and besides lvling my hunter a couple of lvls not much has happened I hope to pour some seriouses time into it over the next couple of days but I also have to help build the front porch. Listen to the live CAW and had a moment of worry with the high five with the size difference could have ended badly also haven’t got to play that other MMO that begins in R. Now I am off to bed catch you all later and it’s always awesome to hear new eps.



For the horde for the Alliance for the sand grophers



And for ctrl alt wow force



P.S Remind Nevik to use his translator on this email


Email #D from Jonick

Hey listened to the podcast...I won the role and would like the pets...thanks alot...


jonick on the cenarion circle u.s. realm

Email #E

Here's my message for Episode 205 recording today! Hope I made it in time!


Cheers,

Rigarmorty (Eric)

Email #F
Hey guys,

I wanted to write again to let you guys know how aprillian has changed my life.
Whenever I say something silly, or a joke that no one gets, my first thought is "oh well, it was funny on my head"
And I think of you guys.

I wrote in a few weeks back asking about mages. I asked which spec to use for leveling.

My Mage is now 85 and running heroics.

My experience is the best spec for leveling at the moment is arcane. Nether vortex puts slow on automatically so as long as u pull carefully and don't grab packs ( arcane Has lackluster aoe ) mobs die in like 2 hits from arcane blast. Arcane blast can hit for over 60k for me right now with a 4 stack ab buff.

I'm switching to fire for pvp now instead of frost, as I Don't do arena. Fire has less survivability but crazy aoe and single target. If I get a combustion on you, I may die first but you are going down soon after.

Thanks for the fun show, I would be in the contest please, but only if you have an authenticator. I wants me a cute baby corehound... Oh yeah account security is nice too.

Vanhellsig the worgen formerly known as ghitta - resto Druid ( my main from vanilla, sadly parked in stormwind, but was the first to get to 85 )
Kilrogg server



Sent from my iPhone

Email #G from Iceflow and Caoboi

Hey CAW Crew!

Going to make it short and sweet this week. I know we haven't been writing a lot, but to be fair, we haven't been playing WoW a lot either.

J and I have been on a rep grind lately. We grinded some BC reps and duoed some BC heroic dungeons. It was a joke how simple it was.

Iceflow finally got her Netherwing rep and all of the mounts that go with it. It takes forever to do it if you do it sporadically.

We've been raiding regularly and now we are 10 out of 12 bosses down for this raiding tier. It's fun but it's pretty much all we do in WoW these days.

Well just wanted to say hi to you all. We love you guys and talk to you soon!

For the Horde

Iceflow and Caoboi

Shout Outs & Thank You
Momomomments

Hello all,
Happy midweek!
Thank you to our wonderful hosts we were given a heads up for this awesome midweek surprise of an episode.
It was great to experience our favorite podcast in the ustream page and chat while we listen in (and play for some of use :)

I look forward to future shows that might be ustreamed and chat with other listeners.

For the past week or so for me, I have not played as much as I would have liked to however I still have some news.
I was able to get into Nevik's guild Awry on Cenarius (horde of course, was there a doubt :)) with a DK I had made. I informed the officer that invited me that I would like to get a feel for the guild and also so they can see how I am as a wower. I may be one of the few wow players to not have a DK above 60 or 61, I think I have one somewhere that is level 61. I just have never been into that class and never been interested enough to level one to max level. I know I will challenge myself to level a DK one of these years so we shall see. Any of you feel the same way about the DK class?
As mentioned, with my minimal playing time, I was not on Cenarius long so I do hope I can spend more time there in the hopes of transferring my priest Moheal to that new server and join Awry guild if they will have me :)
On Moheal (who is still on feathermoon) I did some dungeoning as I helped a guildy get to heroic level and also tried some heroics, ughhh were they ugly. I was making mistakes and so were others. I switched my spec again to help with some mana issues but as we know "it takes a village" ok in wow it takes a group to be successful. If the tank is not capable of moving on a fight where they have to move of course I will run out of mana and we all die. If the dps is not able to move or do what they have to do and I heal them more than I really need to, you got it! I will run out of mana and we all die!
I guess that is why we punish ourselves in random dungeons, for those wonderful challenges we may face.

On sad news (please tell Aprillian and Jeppy to not listen to this part! Please!) I have let a RAF expire and I have only leveled the characters to level 30 :( So sad.
what is more sad than that? in game of course.

Like many of you alters I have many things to work on, many players I would like to level either to 85 or lowbies to just level up.

And yes I have also tried rift and it is not bad so far. So if you have not tried it, you are warned, you may be hooked on it. I still cannot pin point what is different about rift compared to wow, besides the rifts duh!

Oh I forgot, on Moheal I was able to buy the mammoth mount that has the vendors and the epic flying. From leveling and selling things from leveling 80-85, mining I was able to have enough gold to get that.
The quest gold is pretty crazy and when you get the dailies going on a nice routine, I wonder what gold dump they will make next. I still do not have a chopper, or mechano hog so that will be my next gold sink.

Thank you again for all you do.
Hope to see you in the meta world!

For the Ctrl Alt Wow!

--
@mohalen

No comments:

Post a Comment