Monday, July 16, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 277 - Happy Anniversary Mel and Fortetwo


Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s Corner

Hello darlings!  Hope you're all doing great!  Here is our submission, and Pixiegirl included three pictures for ya... the first one is her Mourtisha with that awesome scorpion mount, the second          is Phenelope riding a Kolkar Centaur, and the third is Phenelope and her minion right after they'd turned into awesome black and purple, winged demon thingies!  She's level 71 now and this is the first time that has happened...she said she didn't even realize it at first, just saw this huge demon standing next to her, and so she turned around to attack it and then realized it was her very own minion and that somehow SHE had turned into one too! LOL!  

/great big hugs!

Juuno & Pixiegirl  

p.s. OMG...btw, I've been meaning to say how incredibly awesome the Nekrocast is!  What a fabulous job you are doing, Mr. Nekrobob!  Woot!!!  =D

p.p.s.  Oh, and thanks for making fun of me for getting the episode number wrong last week.  That was great.  




What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

I just sold a Sinister Squashling!!!!



Binds when picked up
Unique
Mount (Flying)
Requires Level 20
Requires Apprentice Riding
Item Level 60
Use: Teaches you how to transform into an Obsidian Nightwing, allowing you to carry an ally on your back. This is a flying mount.

Got my first Canopic Jar

Ashayo


Jeppy


Tedrah


Emails




small letter w.o.w.


Hey folks.....yes its been a long time, and yes I am most sorry as such.  In truth every time I started to keystroke an email, I found that there was really not all that much for me to talk about.   For the last few months is been the same dungeons and fail BG's.  This is not the usual bucket of rainbows I like bring to the table, but as I have been hearing on other WOW podcasts this is the general lull shortly before an expansion, but I don't  remember it hitting me this hard before Lych King or Cata.

Le sigh!!

The beta really isn't doing it for me, and I don't want to spoil myself with the new content before it even goes live, so I have not been in there all that much either.

Diablo 3 is fun....yes...its fun....it is...its fun...really, its fun...I like it...really I do.

I miss my guildees. THERE I SAID IT.  I didn't realize how much I enjoyed running with people I know until I everyone I know flew the coop.  Its kind of a bummer, too, because all of my "bonded" toons are Alliance so I couldn't run with any of you all or anyone else that does a pod cast as there seems to be a "Horde Guild" = Podcast rule floating about the universe.

I don't mean to sound like such a utter and total downer.....so I guess I will roll it up for now.  I do have a healer on Earthen Ring.  Her name is Pheramona and shes unguilded so maybe...maybe.....

Here's waiting for the expansion!!

Peace and love


Kurly


No place like Gnome


Hail CaW crew, the Nekrobob's are sending in their latest audio submission or as we like to call it "attempt number three". Below are some screen shots to supplement said submission.

Love you all so very much,

Mr. and Mrs. Nekrobob






Itchy pooper pug...



Super pooper scooper…?.





A raiding we will go….



She'll be coming down the mountain when she comes...



Buggy, buggy, buggy whats with the bugs?



Brown Chicken Brown cow transmog, Oh yeh….



Submission - Mount info


Hello CAW Crew

Just Wren this week. I've sent my lovely wife off to Chicago for her big craft thingamwhatchaimicalitter. (I'll be honest I wrote that just to hear someone stumble through it)I promised mount testing from the beta, so this is a fully tested mount check from the beta.

So as we now all know, every mount except for the class mounts and the Arena type PVP mounts are going account wide.

HOWEVER, lots of mounts AREN'T really account wide as far as the horde and alliance versions go. The following mounts are actually different mounts alliance and horde side. So you will actually need one of each separately, one horde, one alliance:


Argent Warhorse - From the Argent Tournament
Armored Brown Bear - Bought from Mei in Dalaran
Baradian Mounts - Bought with Tol Barad Tokens
Black War Bear - Assassinating enemy factions leaders
Black war Mammoth - Bought in Dalaran for Honor.??!!!?@!@?!?@!?@
Grand Black War Mammmoth - From Raid in Winterthinger
Grand Ice Mammoth - From Sons of Hodir
Ice Mammoth - Sons of Hodir
Mechano Hog and Mekgineers Chopper
Spectral Mounts - Scroll of Ressurection
Swift Alliance Steed - Extinct mount from Trial Raid
Swift Horde Wolf - Extinct mount from Trial Raid
Travelers Tundra Mammoth - Goldsink mount
Venomhide Ravasaur - Quest mount
Vicious Warsteed - Rated Battlegrounds
Vicious War Wolf - Rated Battlegrounds
Wintersaver - Quest mount
Wooly Mammoth - Justice Points mount in Dalaran

I may have missed 1 or 2 but I'm fairly certain if I did this gives you a good expected basis.

What does this mean? For true mount wh....collectors. These are more mounts for you to try for. These also all counts towards the mount achievements, so if you find yourself close to the 50 or 100 mark it may be an easy way to pick up the loose ends.

That however reminds me of something very exciting. Each mount added counts torwards achievements, getting 100 different mounts across the account will give you the Blue and Red Dragonhawks. This means those of us with horde and alliance toons have a nice natural headstart on the achievement due to having access to both sides ground mounts and basic faction flying mounts.'

P.S. - I checked, paladin mounts are locked out, while making a Tauren Paladin and a Blood Elf paladin will get you two extra mounts, the blood elf cant mounts the taurens and vice versa.

So to get all possible mounts right now you'll need at least 1 warlock, and 4 paladins, Human or Dwarf, Draenei, Blood Elf and Tauren.
Anyways, hope you all have fun in WoW!

For the Alliance, For the Horde, For the Hobbyist widowers!


Midnight blues

Let's see another week gone by and limited gaming on my behalf slow Internet and haveing to use my mothers comp cuts it off at the knees. Had the fun job of takeing a passed out co worker home the other night I belive karma was haveing a joke at me as they toss their cookies and drained the python while I was holding them up right. After getting my car serviced last week someone almost ran me off the road and I contemplated ruining their life or at least shortening it by a heap of years. Mum was mildly chuffed about the show being for her and my lil sis was confused then admitted she didn't give a fig. That's about it have a great show and hope jeppy is better.
For the horde
For the alliance
For the sandgrophers
And for the baby snappers who don't live in aus and I had no figging idea what it was till Pixiegirl enlightend me.
Seeya
Sent from my iPhone
Big G


Rigarmorty Update for EP277


Hi Aprillian, Ashayo, Eljeppy and Tedra!

Attached is my audio update for this week with a few added sound effects to make up for missing last week.

Hope you've all be well!

For the Horde, For the Alliance, for a shiny new Android Phone :)

Cheers,

Rigarmorty



Audio for Ep 277

Hi Sweeties,

Big hugs all round - hope you're all well and having a great week.

Here's my audio for this week - took me longer to edit it then talking I think :)

Anyway take care and have a great show!

Huggles Leeta
x


Hope I get this in in time.

G'evening Aprillian, Ashayo, Jeppy, and Tedrah,

I haven't really been up to too much this week, well that's a lie, but I can at least pretend I have a life.... right?

What I should have said is, I can't really remember what I did this week. But I will try, for all of your awesome listeners.

Now these events will happen in no particular order, and definitely NOT chronologically.

I have been playing a little bit of WoW, a little bit of MoP and a little bit of D3.

Lets start with WoW.... I'm pretty sure it was Friday, when I got a tweet from Leeta asking if there was any interest in a LFR run. I was just chilling with my wifey and thought, sure why not. So along comes 6 AM AUT (Aprillian universal time) and we start up. Ashayo was healing on Jekle, Leeta was dps on her Warlock, AussieBlueMoon was a boomkin and there was me... not knowing which one of my 5 LFR ready toons to use. I asked what everyone thought I should play and they all unanimously said (pause for effect) "I don't care". Not really the answer I was looking for, so I decided to go on my pally and tank. This was great fun. The 4 of us just chilling in vent, facerolling LFR. I don't think there was any problems, well... apart from Necrobob not making it in time for the first half of Dragon Soul. But he did make it for the second half... which only made it that much more awesome. Seriously Necrobob, I have never heard such a kind/menacing voice such as yours. I can tell that you have been a performer for many many years. And there was also Mrs Necrobob laughing at our LFR shenanighans.

It was a good time. And you'll have probably heard that from a few other people, cause I know I'm getting this in late so I'll probably be near the end of the podcast. MUHAHAHAHAHA (save the best for last right?)

Well I guess I can get onto MoP now... and all I have to say is that the patch was freaking HUGE!!! But we did get the Pet Battle System put onto the beta servers so I was playing around with that for a little, while waiting for the dungeon queue to pop. I have an inkling that you may be getting some audio from me down the track in regards to this. It was a lot of fun to just play around with the system.

And lastly D3, I did a bit of streaming over the weekend. Again, I am very welcoming of people in my chat room, so feel free to come and join me. Follow my twitter @tinokk85 and I'll try to do a couple of streaming sessions over each weekend.

I'll keep it fairly short as it is now 6.12 am AUT (aprillian universal time) and I want to make sure this gets in todays show!

FOR THE POKEMONS!!!!!

Tinokk!


My Wow anniversary


Hello CAW crew
Fortetwo and I will be on the road this week, on a road trip with our daughter as we follow our son on a football tournament. This is the football with a pointy end, not the football known as soccer. This is the football that is rugby, the sort that is a game for ruffians played by gentlemen. This is the football  that my son had to buy me a book for; "Rugby Union For Dummies". In Australia we have so many different codes of football that we need to be really specific by what we mean by the term, and I am sure that my son is deeply saddened by the fact that he had to buy me that book, since sports are for playing, not watching as far as I am concerned.
Well Fortetwo and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary since your last podcast, and since the week has been full of "remember when" conversations I thought I would tell you about how 42 became a WOW widower and how this  woman lured her partner into Azeroth.
A good friend had shown me Wow two years earlier. I can still remember watching him transform his "cartoony" figure from a nelf to a bear to a cat and then to an extraordinary sort of furry swimming beetle form. I had played a lot of RPGs  before, loved the Might and Magic series, and organised  LAN parties for a group of friends who played Neverwinter Nights. As soon as I saw that toon I could feel the pull, the allure of that world....but. The but was a big one for me,the cost of the game was not an issue, it was the idea of committing to a subscription long term for a game that was, for me, a big issue of trust in a company offshore and over the mysterious internets- we had never engaged in e commerce at this time.
So for a year I resisted, and then in July 2007 I decided to take the risk. I loved it, and I started. I joined a guild with my Alliance Melindria and never looked back. Then the spouse aggro began, since 42 had been more of an arcade style game player and could not see why this game was so immersive, and why I had not finished it yet.
While I was running in Badlands (no mounts before 40) it happened-  a purple dropped. I had never seen that colour before so I had to check it out on allakhazam. It was a Staff of Jordan, not quite a hunter weapon. What to do? I had been looking for a hook to lure 42 in - this was it! I explained how remarkable an item it was, how much selling it could mean for Melindria, and that since 42 loved  being a cleric in paper RPGs he might like to try a priest. I don't know what factor tipped the balance but he tried it, fell in with a duo of rascals online to level with and since then we have been a couple who WOW together.
So long story short - try bribery.
This July marks my 5th anniversary in Azeroth I realised as I typed this, but more importantly 25 years with a wonderful partner, both in and out of WOW.
Happy anniversary 42!
Thanks for reading this wall of text
Melindraya


Shout Outs & Thank You

Thank you Pixiegirl for your generous donation!

No comments:

Post a Comment