Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 306 - Here A 90, There a 90, Almost Everywhere a 90

Feed
Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s Corner

Hello Ctrl Alt Wow Darlings! Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedra and our poor, sweet El Jeppy!

Well, it looks like we're taking this week off...I'm afraid I don't have an audio for you. <=( But we had a really busy weekend, my daughter had a big birthday party this weekend (she turned 21! It was my moral obligation as a parent to get her drunk, and I'm happy to report that I fulfilled my duty! heheheee! Next time she drinks, hopefully she'll have an idea of when to switch from rum to water, right??) and then it was Super Bowl Sunday and all. I didn't get to play with Pixidgirl this week (all my fault, I'm sorry Mom!) and she's just getting over the stomach flu!

Mom said to tell ya'll that "exalerated" is her Southern way of combining "exalted" and "exhilarated"....hahahahaaa!! Cause that's how it makes her feel when she gets exalted with a new faction!

She also said that this past week she got "exalerated" with the Celestials! Woot! And the Klaxxi! She took all her valor points and bought her some new gear and now her gear score is 462...so that's great! So now she's exalted with everyone except the Black Prince, and she's revered with him (but Wren told her that's as much as you get with him anyway, until 5.2 comes out.) Phenelope got revered with the Klaxxi (and she said she really hates those darn Klaxxi dailies! Argh! They are BORING!) and she got exalerated with the Cloud Serpents, the Tillers, and revered with the Anglers! Woot! She's also been doing pet battles with her druid, Nightraven, and has been having a blast doing that and getting rares left and right. She got the new little dragon baby, the Infinite Whelping, over in the Caverns of Time, and all of the pets from the Darkmoon Faire as well. She also got a Stunted Yeti (which is not a rare, but is new) in Feralas, and he is just adorable...hehe. She got the Kun-Lai runt (a rare) a couple weeks ago and said that he is SUPER noisy (sounds louder than the boys do when they're coming down the stairs...lol!) and seems to get upset when she gets too far away from him! TOO cute!

So...we're hoping everyone is doing well this week and sending Jeppy lots and lots of positive energy over the interwebs (get well SOON, Jeppy!!), and I'm looking forward to getting to play a lot more THIS week with Pixiegirl!

We love you guys and gals,
great big hugs and kisses! *muah!*
For the Horde, for the Alliance and for El Jeppy!!!

Juuno & Pixiegirl of Earthen Ring and Korialstrasz


p.s. Donnie...Pixiegirl says "Battlegrounds this coming week!" Muhahahahahaha!!!  

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Ashayo

Got past Dippy the penguin at last
Jekle honored with Shado-Pan ; nice cloak upgrade.
Levelling archeology on Ashayo
Accidentally made rare while capped - missed out on 5 points
Digging in Pandaria to get fossil fragments - got my fossilized raptor
Old pet raids - BWL, MC, Naxx, AQ40 - twins still tough.
Pet levelling - accidentally killed a blue , then caged a white with a blue behind it.

Leeta


Working on Nat Pagle rep - currently at 3050/6000 friendly

Levelling 30 teams with Pet Battles
Started doing Brawler’s Guild - finding it an interesting change.

Did Lunar Festival on Attil (priest) to get 50 coins so I could purchase another Festival Lantern.

Soloed Attumen from Kara and Onyxia - no mounts this week.


Tedrah


Emails

What I have been doing.

Hi there Aprillian and the rest :),

I am not really an altaholic, I do have a few characters I play but since the new expansion I spend most of my game time on my two main characters.  I have a lvl 90 orc blood dk and a lvl 90 pandarian priest on the Argent Dawn server.  The guild I am in has finally gotten a raid group together and started to raid Mogu'shan Vaults in the 10 man version and boy that has been a struggle to get the fights down.  We got to the third boss this past Saturday.  There is a lot of coordination involved with the boss fights in there and most of them are nothing like the LFR versions.  While they are a challenge, it is a lot of fun and my guild is having a great time in there.  We wipe....often, but we do it together :D.  

I finally got my third character to 90, which is my druid.  Sadly I didn't level her to 90 with the plans to gear her up and start raiding with her.  In fact one of my friends asked me "oh what spec is your druid?" I told them "farmer spec".  I mainly leveled her so she could farm for ore and herbs my other characters need for their professions.  She didn't have mining so I picked that up as soon as she turned 90 and now she is making her way through the lower level areas raising her mining skill.  

I did LFR this week with both my dk and my priest.  I tried yet again to get the 2 handed axe from Terrance of Endless Spring for my dk.... it didn't drop.... again :(.  The tier chest piece didn't drop for her either out of Heart of Fear.  For some reason my DK doesn't have good luck, I wonder if it's because of the whole she was alive then became undead thing, who knows lol.  However, my priest was a lucky little panda!  She got 7 items from LFR this week, unfortunately, only two items were upgrades for her :(.  On the bright side she is now sporting a new outfit and she looks so fabulous in her new tier gear.  Transmogging was the best and worst thing Blizzard could have ever added for me!  I can spend hours searching for outfits for my girls.  

If I remember right I think you are on the Earthen Ring server and we share the same server cluster as Earthen Ring so if you ever need help with Malygos I would be happy to help.  It's been a long time since I have done that fight but I think I remember enough to wing it.  You can reach me through real id.  I'm sure some of the members of the guild I am in would also jump in if we need extra bodies.  We love running the older raids when we get the chance.  We can actually feel OP in there haha!  

You all take care and happy gaming!

Michele aka Mo




Hello CAW crew,


Thanks to resolving some internet issues at home, I've been able to run LFR a bit more. And after Ashayo's luck with Greater charms, I too had a bit of luck and landed two new pieces of plate this week. After I write this email I will do one set of Klaxxi dailies to become exalted, I mean, exonerated. Finally there!

We had a patient at work who used to play WoW. We talked a bit about the game. It was nice to talk about the game; I rarely do so to anyone in my day-to-day life.

My son, whom I've let play again, queued up for a Battleground the other day. I asked him if he knew what he was supposed to do. He said, capture the bases. Well I figured he couldn't be much worse at it than I was when I first started playing.

Anyone, have a great show. My prayers go out to Jeppy.

Peace, love, and grits.

MARS



(audio)

A hearty hello to everyone at Ctrl-Alt-WoW!

The week really got away from me, and before I knew it, we were on the eve of podcast construction! In response, Voltandra and I put our heads together and came up with the attached thoughts on getting everything done in a timely manner. Enjoy!

I hope everyone has a great week, full of laughter and zero stress!

-Voltandra's player
@rogueslayer1


Nekronomicon (audio)

Greetings funtastic CaW crew, Apprillian, Ashayo, (hopefully) El Jeppy and Tedra.

Its been a fun week in wow for the Nekrobobs. I've been working on my little Goblin hunter Squeaks. After completing all the quests in Hellfire peninsula, most of the quests in Zangarmarsh and a few in Neitherstorm, she is now up to level 68 and ready for the vast frozen hell called Northrend.

And speaking of Northrend… In this weeks audio submission we rejoin Nekronomicon and Manfred as they journey across the frozen waist of Northrend after being "accidentally"stranded there by the,
dunt, dunt, daaaaa… Goblin Party squad.

Much love to all our wow friends and special get well hugs to El Jeppy… we miss him so very much

and remember undead love is forever….



BigG (audio)
Another week another audio update and I hope El Jeppy gets better soon

Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness
(audio)
Hey gang! Here is this weeks audio. Please excuse my monotone on the first part as I had to write the info down and I had to read my own writing when I could read it. Not that my voice has any flavor anyway, but its a bit robotic. If any of you know of an easy way I can be notified when a new member joins the guild, can you pass it on. Or if you are a new member, write Dizinee in game and I can give you a shout out welcome. You all are awesome! Take care. Donnie

No comments:

Post a Comment