Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 407 - Who Needs A BIg Pink Love Rocket Anyway!!?
Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.
Juuno and Pixie Girl!
What We've Been Doing:
Garrisons and some questing. Was pleased Aprillian and Epril could quest together even though Aprillian is 91 and Epril 97.
1/ Frostwolf Orc Rep
Thanks to those who gave me some help - Ashayo, Wingy, Natanie, Ravn and GrandNagus
Mount and Tabard!
2/ Mount Runs
No luck this week!
Warbringers, ZG (Panther), Vortex Pinnacle, Throne of the Four Winds, Utgarde Pinnacle, Firelands, Dragon Soul, Maly, and Warbringers.
3/ Need A Bigger Bag Achievement
Got Captain’s Leg!!
Arrr me Hearties!
Progress so far…
7 to go!!
So items left to go:-
4/ Love is in the Air
2 New Achievements with Event
Dungeon - no luck on http://www.wowhead.com/item=50250/big-love-rocket
***Reminder - Neck piece drops from Hummel
Rogueslayer, blood elf warlock
- 90 - 91
- Started Draenor during last week’s show - got garrison and first follower that night
- She can haz Vivianne
- Follow the Leader - 5 followers
Deronia, gnome mage
- 90, taking to Draenor during show
- Still some boost gear - upgrades from the get go!
Irondancer, troll hunter
- 28 -
- Hellscream’s Watch greens
- Made it through the Thistlefur Hold of previous doom, picked up some shoulders
- 29 side trip to Undercity for go to quests
- Greens in Hillsbrad, starting at Ruins of Southshore
- Level 30 at Ruins of Southshore
- Bonanza of greens in Tarren Mill
- Fell to the twisted horn of the Yetimus (25 elite)
- Focus on Ironicde solely now
Ironicide - dwarf hunter
- 31 -
- 32 started Arathi Basin, but more yellow than green, so down to Northern Stranglethorn
- Nesingwary’s Expedition now has yellow, targetable lvl 100 “Nesingwary Hired Gun” NPC’s. Careful!!
- Hearthed home out of the Kurzen caves, so started a new horde toon during the self-imposed downtime - “available hearthstone - don’t leave home without it”
- 33 - not comfy with quests, back to Arathi Basin
- 34 - Ironforge for First Aid and AH, so spritzed some people and picked up a Charm Collector’s Kit
- 35 - Arathi Highlands Quests achievement, Five Daily Quests achievement after charming Moira and Varian
- Bought some leather armor and a crossbow while in Stormwind
- Go to quests: Hinterlands, Dustwallow Marsh, Southern Barrens, then back to Ashenvale/Stonetalon greens
- Northwatch Hold - same person invited me to a group three times in a row.
- Run Out the Guns - invisible Rageroar Rowboats
- 36 - early Stonetalon grey, then green
- Going Down achievement after ejection from balloon to Windshear Hold
- Bracelet for Tyranda
- 36 Deep Reaches mine in Stonetalon. Jumped off track to plant bomb, bear took the long way and picked up mobs, acted passive while I died. Feigned death too late (recent spell)
Ironeficent, undead hunter
- At 9 took the go to Silverpine Forest quest, picked up the meat wagon to The Sepulcher and stashed a nice bow for 11
- Ran Forsaken High Command quests at yellow, as not so big difference at this level, higher xp
- Lvl 10 tamed a Ferocious Grizzly Bear
- 15 off to Ghostlands - entry quests still green
- 16 Love is in the Air quests, from Slvermoon
- 17 before show
Lilbitironic, gnome warlock
- Gnomes can’t be hunters. Sad face.
- 1 -
- Zone hopping, love quest running, bracelet making - Nation of Adoration!
- DMF preparations!
- 15 Darkshore - gathering corrupted tide crawler flesh - ran out of breath just as I surface. Drowning by narrow focus…
Ironbreaker, human hunter
- The usual, lvl 6 before show
Thought i would send some tips for rogueslayer's ironman adventures
Your strategy: stay alive. It is not about doing every quest, nor killing every boss, nor exploring every chunk of land. If you want to go from 1-90 as an iron, you must change your gameplay. Your normal gameplay or stubbornness will kill you if you insist on charging into quests or bosses without researching. So take it easy, go slow and cautious, ask or research a quest/boss. Realistically, it takes 3-5 months to level an iron from 1-90. Obviously longer if you die and re-roll a new toon.
Some easy tips and guidance:
- IMC is difficult: Pick a race and class that you are very familiar with. Since you can’t pick a talent, using every trick and technique that you know best will often save your life.
- Race/class: Night Elf has a tremendous advantage with shadow meld and hunters with Feign Death. Priests with levitate have a nice buffer against falls. Rogues have it good with vanish and crowd control. Warriors and Paladins are likely the two hardest classes to pick. Choose wisely based on your experience.
- Easy starting money: If you run into a Blingtron 4000, it will often give junk that can be vendor sold for money.
- Money: What you learn is that other than for buying flight training, gold is worthless to an Iron. You’ll have plenty when you reach level 90. Use the gold to buy vendor or AH armor/weapons, or cloth to keep first aid training up. Other than that, not much need for gold.
- First aid / bandage saves lives. Even if you can heal, at some point you will need that extra health when you’re out of mana or waiting on a cool down. difference.
- The goal is to stay alive to 90, not get the titles Loremaster or World Explorer. Creep too close to a Horde (or Alliance) camp and a level 90 guard will spawn and one-shot kill you.
- Quests can be bugged. In Redridge, a quest chain called “Prisoners of War” will always fail and you will die. So once you hit the start of that chain, stop, move on to another zone.
- Some quests are iron hostile. Some quests require precise timing to put up a shield some quests require you to activate an object so that an elite is nerfed and you can then beat them. Some quests require you to ride in a vehicle. Sometimes vehicle quests work, sometimes they don’t. In general, be wary of any quest going up against an elite.
- Some Zones / Areas are Hostile: be careful who you click on. MoP introduced the concept of Level 90 guards in places like Area 52 or STV’s Nesingwary’s Expedition camp. Right-click on one of those hired guards and you will start a fight – and you will die.
- Holidays: yes, you can participate in holiday events such as Lunar Festival, Halloween, etc. Just remember some quests get you PvP flagged.
- Rares and treasure chests can provide easy money and experience by coming across them. Remember rares often hit harder than normal, so rule of thumb is to be 3 or more levels above it.
- Don’t loot potions, elixirs, or scrolls. They don’t fetch much money from vendors or the AH, and if you accidentally right click one, boom, you’re flagged for using a consumable. If you loot green/blue/purple gear, be careful not to equip them when trying to sell them to a
vendor – easy way to get flagged.
- You’re not Leroy Jenkins. Pulling one enemy at a time is best, heal up, pull the next.
More free time more WoW
Sorry for the lack of audio again this week as I am lazy but as i have more free time this week I managed to get in some WoW and heroes of the storm got some rep grinding in hope do get some more this weekend. Still no lvl 91 and I have found that I suck at support classes in heroes have better luck at ranged assassins than support I rock a Nova Hard.
For the horde
For the alliance
For the sandgrophers
And for being less lazy next week and doing a audio
with Grand Nagus
Clan of Darkness Guild Updates
1/30 - 2/5
Last week’s 100’s: Talullah, Nexcalibur, Ron
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun: