Saturday, February 14, 2015

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 408 - Love Our Elders!


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!




What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Noticed the change in Garrison Resource Vendor.


Leeta

1/ Rep grinding
Frostwolf Orcs is still at 0/1000 Exalted
Leeta's Rep.png

Steamwheedle Preservation Society - 14612/21000
Killing Elites mostly for hand in!
Laughing Skull - 4996/6000
Started by killing mobs in Everbloom Wild but was only getting about 5 rep per kill!
Went over to The Pit and got 20 rep for elites.
Joined premade for doing Garrison Daily - to see if rep grind would be better - got no rep!
2/ Mount Runs
No luck with any mounts this week!
3/ Love Is In The Air
No luck on the mount.
Been saving Love Tokens in case need another Prism
after show - if anyone is interested let me know!**
4/ Darkmoon Faire
Started to buy some Heirlooms from DMF vendor to get ready for Heirloom tab that is coming with 6.1
No luck in seeing Darkmoon Rabbit this month!
And Jeremy is still a weasel!
But I did get Christoph to drop Syd the Squid! \o/
Syd the Squid.png
Thought how interesting the going prices were for this too!
5/ Timeless Isle
Still hunting… no luck at all this week!

Rogueslayer

Anyone notice that sometimes you logoff from your garrison and come back at the inn on Ashran? Or back to whatever your hearthstone is (Gimblegyre wound up at Sunsong Ranch)

Finally added Garrison Mission Manager - frickin’ awesome *smacks forehead*

Deronia, gnome mage
  • 90 - 90
  • Got garrison and follower after last week’s show
  • Off to Love is in the Air Central

Ironeficent, undead hunter
  • 17 -
  • At least she won’t drown from distraction
  • Learn to Ride - 40 friggin’ silver short!
  • DMF tix for bags, good to go! Best tip evah
  • Rare zhevra “Swiftman” showed up near the caravan wreckage above Ratchet. Attacked it, then a Kor’kron guard came by. Careful of accidental interact
  • Charming! - make 12 Lovely Bracelets
  • Going Down! for the post-teleport fall from Nozzlepot’s Outpost
  • Ashenvale Quests!
  • 31 - Raynewood Retreat - had no problem before, now flooded with lvl 40 mobs…
  • WoWScrnShot_021215_100704.jpeg
  • Had 170 love tokens, would have had enough for mount by end of Sunday… :(
  • Later, on Ironbreaker, realized my previous “no problem” had been on Ironicide...

Ironbreaker, human hunter
  • 6 -
  • Took her right over for DMF bag swap - First Aid only at 10!
  • Got a bear!
  • Lovebird Hatchling
  • Charming!
  • Explore Loch Modan
  • Explore Elwynn Forest
  • 30 just before podcast

Ironbalance, tauren hunter
  • 1 -
  • Got a bear - took a couple of tries
  • 14 before podcast




Emails

Finally made lvl 91
So I finally hit lvl 91 this week its my first so i quite proud and heres my audio
Big G


Hello
Greetings C.A.W. crew

Wow, I can't believe it's already the middle of February. So what have I been up to for the last couple of months? I can pretty much sum it up in two words: mount farming. I live in old school raids and dungeons now. I don't get nearly as much time to play as I'd like so the 20-30 minute farming runs seem like a good use of time. I've still got a bunch of mounts on my want list, but I'm happy to report that I have made some progress. I've had both the Ashes of Al'ar and Onyxian Drake drop in the past week. On the same night in fact. You have no clue how nice it is to never have to enter Tempest Keep or Onyxia's Lair again.

Since I've been making weekly forays into Ulduar and Firelands I figured I might as well start the legendary quests from each zone. Nothing about these quests feel legendary. They both eventually boil down to come back week after week gathering stuff the bosses drop. If anyone's interested here's WoWhead's legendary item guide.

About the only thing I have left is that I finally completed the Springrain Armor transmog set. I lost count of how many crates I had to open before I got the shoulder piece, but I can't really complain because I really like how the set looks. I've attached a screenshot of my Druid so you guys can check it out. I believe it's one of the item sets that Grand Nagus mentioned in last weeks transmog segment.

Hopefully I'll have more free time in March so I can get back to my neglected toons, At least I'll make sure to pop online to say hi to my CoD guildees. Miss ya guys.

Insert catchy closing line here.

Alztraj
springrain.jpg













Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus

Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


2/6 - 2/12

10
Mattahorn
60

20
Mattahorn
70

30
Ravnhelm
Mattahorn
80

40
Mattahorn
85

50

90



100
Googoogjoob
Fallenangelz
Ghaldrym
Nexferox
Last week’s 100’s: none

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Mattahorn


Shout Outs & Thank You


No comments:

Post a Comment