Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 139 - El Día de los Muertos WoW

Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator, they are back in the store.



What We've Been Doing:



Aprillian & Vrishna

Aprillian running around Northrend getting candy on short maintenance day.

Started a DK on JT with David, it was hard at first. But then he started liking it, enjoyed being evil. The final battle with Arthas was confusing

Dinged 78 on Aprillian

Went into Warsong Gulch with Aprillian, forgot to use fear, it wasn't even on my toolbar, until someone whispered me.

Decided to create a DK on Wyrmrest Accord so I could ride Glanthur's mammoth

Did Friend or Fowl on Epril

Got 100g from Glanthur on Wyrmrest Accord

Solador, 80 Belf Rogue invited me to HH, I got the helm and a ring [The Horseman's Seal]


Doing dailies on Aprillian


Ashayo

ArkInventory tip:
Create a rule as follows to split out the equipment in your bags that are not part of an outfit
equip() and soulbound() and not outfit() and not equip(Tabard)

outfit(dps) or outfit(tank)

Hallows End
- Pud hit 75 mid week and tried to get some epics, but all that dropped was spellcaster rings - 8 times in a row!
- Lost a day because I went over my ISP cap and got shaped. Luckily, upgraded next day.


Raiding - 10 man
- Asheal @ ToC - off night. started late. called in subs. wiped unnecessarily
- Asheal @ ToC - cleared easily.next night after reset, muuuch smoother. Just goes to show how much it helps to have a team that works well together.

Raiding - 25 man
- Onyxia - Asheal won helm [Aurora of Transcendence]
- ToC - Won a Trophy of the Crusade - allows purchase of better tier gear. Very close to getting down Faction Champions. Bought [Zabra's Robe of Triumph] - 245 chest peice. Also had enough triumph badges to buy [Zabra's Shoulderpads of Conquest] - 232 item. Required major shuffle of gems and made up a new hit set for shadow

- Guppers tried Sunwell Plateau, as we only had 20. Kept wiping on dragon boss that puts down a cloud that turns players against the team.


Pants on Head
- Pudendal started doing Venture Bay dailies since he hit 74. Got a new sigil and a tanking cloak in only two days. (TIP: For "Smoke 'Em Out, round them up and toss smoke bomb)
- Did all the usual quest chains - Wrathgate, Oracles, have started Sons of Hodir. (got Chol killed when doing the proto-drake leaping quest)
- Dinged 77, got cold weather flying and have started Argent Tournament.
- Pud tanked VH (nice gloves and pants upgrade because I /yelled abuse at Blizz for the shaman drops!)
- Pud tanked DTK and Gundrak
- Got [Northern Exposure]. The mob was green because I had a quest disguise on. Instinctively cancelled the disguise - in the middle of several mobs.
- Always have trouble with "The Storm King's Vengeance", where you ride on the back of Gymer the storm giant and kill 100 scourge and 3 bosses. Even using the storm clouds, seems difficult to do alot of damage without dying.

Crazy Train

Serpent Shrine Cavern
- Leotheras the Blind - one shot!
- Fathomlord Karathress - one shot!
- Morogrim Tidewalker - one shot!
- Good try on Lady Vash ; needed more ranged for striders

Glanthur

- Dragon Aspects overview and Alexstrasza

Emails


Email #1 from Paul


Hi

Love the podcast, only began listening yesterday.

Could you tell me the realm you play on – I tried searching through the archives and twitters – couldn’t find it.

Keep up he awesome podcast

Regards


Email #A from Kurly


Tiz yer faithful bud Kurly, wishing you all the best of the best...and I hope you're Halloween baskets overflow-eth with sugary goodness!

Its been a fun week! Me and my buds in our guild (rabid kittens) have been terrorizing battle grounds all over the Stormstrike battle group. The five of us consist of a hunter, two rogues, a priest (shadow) and a warlock. They way we have been doing it for the last week has been working out amazingly well...so much so that were are pretty much 1 for 1 every time we hit Warsong Gulch.
Myself, the priest and the warlock constantly engage the enemy, annoying to such a point where their focus changes from getting the flag, to killing us. During these battles the two rogues will sneak off to the enemy flag room, dispatch any defense (if their even is any) and grab the flag. Usually after the first capture the rest of our team is on board and win after win is upon us.
In other news...I am beyond excited about the new LFG system. I could not even tell you the last time I found a group to do any dungeon. I know pugs can be a nightmare, but they can also be a lot of fun as it was always one of the ways you got to meet some great people and lets not mention the leveling and the phat loots!!
I have also rolled an new toon, a mage that I have named Itsabitsa (I am very proud of that name!) She be a gnome (I am sure you are shocked) and the second mage I have ever rolled. I had a Blood Elf mage that I deleted a while back that I think was level 21. She is level 11 now and I have been having a lot of fun on here and I am excited to see where she takes me.
Thanks you all for the great podcast!!
Yours always!
The Kurly Q


Email #2 from Erik


Hello.
(Bear with me on the grammar)


Thanks for a really good show. I have noticed that people have a habit to look a bit strange at you when your on the tram or walking down the sidewalk and just have to laugh out loud.
I'm playing on Defias Brotherhood whit my Bloodelf Paladin, my 5 other lvl 80's and my 2 5 man multibox teams that just hit 60 (have bean some slow months on work). Altoholic, what is that?

Havent lisend for that long, but I'm working my way back in the PodCast history. Usually I dont send to many mails, but now i have a reason. I would like to issue a warning.

WARNING
When you do a Faction Change (at least on a PvP server) you loose all the faction specific quests you have done when working your way towards the "Loremaster" and "Seeker" achievements.

I transferd from Alliane to Hord for a month ago on Defias Brotherhood. I have the 2k Quest achievement but only 1457 quests on my way to the 3k Quest achievement. This shows that i "lost" at least 543 quests, but i think its closer to a 1000 quests.

Here is a link to my Armory achievement page:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-achievements.xml?r=Defias+Brotherhood&cn=Mistreaver&gn=Deserters

Here you can see that I have the 2k one but only half way on the 3k one and that should not be possible if I havent lost some thing on the way.

Some thoughts.
They remove the race specific quests when you transfer so you cant do a tactical transfer to finish of Loremaster just by transfer and have a hole lot of "new" quests to chose from (starting zones and so on) instead of having to do the last hard to find quests you need to get the Loremaster of "The Old World".

I'm typing this mail as I'm waiting for the GMs response, so I may send a new mail in an hour, or 6-7 with the speed Blizz response tho tickets, whit some enligthement on this.

Thanks again and I would like to do a shout out to Blackwyrm on Defias Brotherhood and the Guild Deserters.

Best regards.
Erik

PS. I just got my Thundra Mamut and noticed that when you dismount the Goblin vendor, Drix Blackwrench, he some times says,
"Hey, yea, I've always wanted to be stranded somewhere."
Would be nice if you guyes could find out if he sayd the same before Cataclysm was announce.


Part 2:


Hello.
This is an follow up on my faction change mail.
In short: You will not lose any achivement you already have but any faction specific quest will disappear. Thats how I ended up with the 2000 Completed Quest acivement but only half way to 3000 Completed Quest.
I'm a bit lazy so i will just attach a screen with the chat, feel free to post the screen if needed.

Best regards.
Erik

Here is a link to my alt guild Deserters:

PS. If this mail dont make the same show as the first one. I would like to make a new shout out to Blackwyrm on Defias Brotherhood EU (forgot the EU in my last e-mail).



Email #3 from Super


Dear Aprillian, Ashayo & Glanthur,

Hello there Ctrl Alt WoW Crew! My names Ryan, but in Azeroth, I go by Superflous, or Super for short! He’s my level 80 human mage on the Staghelm server. I’ve been listening to your show for a long time now, and have really been enjoying the varying playstyles of Glanthur, Ashayo and Aprillian! With the recent discussions about having loved ones joining you in WoW, I decided to talk to my boyfriend about it and see what his opinion of it was. Turns out, he actually had played for a little while, having a level 28 Night Elf Druid, but cancelled his subscription, because it “didn’t grab him.” Well, I let him roll a Death Knight on my account, and he’s been obsessed! It’s so funny to have phone calls or IMs asking me about items or quests or a mob, it’s terrific. Unfortunately, he has yet to open up his subscription again, it’s a little sad that we can’t play together at the same time. Usually, I’ll be studying while he’s leveling and then we’ll switch back and forth, but it’d be very cool to level with his DK. I just happened to have a 57 Hunter, waiting for him. His birthday is coming up, so maybe that’ll be his present haha! Or maybe I’ll just get a second account, because I’ve been actually quite curious to try dual boxing. Great show! Keep up the Great Work, and maybe I’ll roll up a toon on Earthen Ring and go and visit AIE! Keep on Loving the Game and putting out a Wonderful Podcast :)


Sincerely

Super


Email #B from Karen


Hey everybody, great podcasts, as usual. I'm really enjoying hearing from other couples that play together. My husband and I play together and have pretty much since we started the game (very soon after it launched).

Ted played first and I made a toon on his account (Elsa, my level 80 horde hunter) and soon after I got my own account and Itransferred her over to that account. We leveled several of our toons together and have had toons that only play with each other.

Now that we have several 80's and are working on Alts, mostly we instance together or bring another, higher level toon to help out with group quests. We've actually found that leveling goes faster solo these days, so we don't quest together, but we have our computers where we can talk while we're playing.

Ted was more of the gamer before WoW, though I did play Diablo. He played a lot of different first person shooters (well, as many as he could find for the Mac). We've both played D&D (paper and pencil RPG, that is) since way back and WoW pretty much took the place of our monthly D&D sessions. So much easier to get on the computer and play for a bit. No one needs to be the DM and figure out the adventure, etc. And we can play with friends and family that aren't local.

We have a very small guild of real life friends and family, so we know everyone we instance with and knew them before playing together. We've had luck with the Headless Horseman this year, helping several people in the guild get their title. Still haven't seen that mount drop though.

Our daughter plays a little bit, which brings me to my question. Our daughter doesn't play much, but her main is a DK on her account. The only reason she was able to make a DK is that Ted transferred over a mage from his account (who was 55+). He dual-boxed his mage with a DK on his account for a bit, but isn't really doing that any more. He would like to transfer the mage back to his account (to be able to give him cold weather flying and heirloom items) but what will that do to our daughter's DK since there won't be a 55+ character on that account any more?

I figured if anyone would know, it would be Aprillian.

Keep up the great work on the podcast. I'm really enjoying Glanthur's lore segments. I've even been reading the quest text sometimes instead of just clicking accept and seeing where my guide points me.

Karen


Email #C from Kyle


Hey all!

Just finished listening to episode 138 (as of this typing the most recent one) and on hearing the shoutout for me I was touched. Yes, you figured me out, not that I kept my identity all that secret - I have been supporting BoE also. How could I not! They're the yang to your ying. Or however that works. The money comes from being a crazy work-a-holic, well that and the special massage with free happy endings for the Wych.

Speaking of episode 138 it highlights oh so much what I love about your show. You include everyone, you like everyone, and all you want to do is just play the game and have fun. It's comforting, if only there were more people in the world like you. Also unlike other podcasts you don't talk at the listeners, you talk with them, invite them over to your place for cookies and just chat and laugh about your misadventures and swap stories. I'd like to think your show more like Ellen DeGeneres' morning talk show. As for BoE, they're more like Conan O'Brian's late night show - hilarity with a touch of naughty.

I've been meaning to mention that my shaman has recently hit 80! She was my first alt and is now my second level 80 toon. It was an emotional moment, I remembered when I created her and all the areas I went through (made a point of visiting everything my main the priest had not gone through). Those last four levels went by so fast, going through the story in Zul'Drak, opening up the Hodir dailies, and finally spending the last level or so in Icecrown trying to get some goodish gear. Now I'm splitting my time between getting her ready to run heroics and gearing up my main some more, because now that my shaman hit 80 I'm all of a sudden interested in getting my priest above Naxx-level gear.

Finally I'd also like to mention that I've loved Glanthur's lore segments. There's so much depth to this game, it's fantastic to finally learn about some of it. I've also loved your couple's episodes, though it's also a tad bittersweet since I'm not coupled with anyone. Unless you include the cat, but then that'd just make me that crazy cat lady down the street.

Thanks so much for all you do, keep it up!

--Kyle


Email # D from


Hello everyone Megadan here. I've Been enjoying the show for a few months now and figured it was high time I wrote in. I'm not an altahlolic i'm more of a raider but I do have a few alts. Megadan level 80 Human Warlock is my main, MegLadan 80 dwarf Paladin, Megalove 36 night elf priest, Megaprick 21 Druid. Oh yeah I also got a level 77 Undead Warlock called Mypenus in PoH. Ever since I started playing him I have found the lore around The Forsaken and Sylvanas rather interesting. If Glanthor wanted to cover any of this in his awsome lore segment that would be nice. Love the show, please keep them comeing.
Megadan



Shout Outs & Thank You

Momomoments

Hello all,
Hope everyone had a great Halloween and Hallows end.
I was not able to treat as much as I really wanted to but still fun and this year I only did the Headless Horseman once (well one day of 5 runs).
Its ok as before we know it it will be Thanksgiving here in the states and the 5th anniversary of WOW.
WOW!
5 years, many of us have been playing most of the 5 years and some for a little less but is it amazing, this game has been part of our lives for that long!?
I think it is amazing. I am excited to see what else is to come in game and get to playing it more often as the last month my playing time has decreased dramatically and I am down to one account!!! yes oh noes!!!!
(by now Aprillian may have passed out over the thought!)
Well one reason I have suspended my 2nd account is, well the first reason is that ever since wrath (WOTLK) it has been harder to run both accounts on my laptop. It is a gaming laptop but I guess running 2 wows now really slows it down.
I have tried some things to see if I can still do it but I dont want to mess with the way my molaptop is. So I am back to the soloing, isnt that crazy!!!???
(again imagine Aprillian gasping and sitting there with her jaw dropped down to the table!)

Other reasons are that with raiding, well hopefully getting back into raiding and doing heroics, I will not be able to dual box.

And another reason is that I am paying for Aion, and even though I am not really playing that now either :( and may suspend that account, I just need to concentrate on my main account and characters.

A little non-wow stuff, any of you watch Flashforward on abc? It is not a bad show, give it a try. Right now I really like Sons of Anarchy, great show on FX; I think it is a mix of the Shield and Sopranos.
Also V will be starting next Tuesday, any of you V fans?

I hope the new show is good; the original in the early 80s was very cheesy as they say but still, sci fi stuff is always fun.

Well I will keep it very short this week and hope this email makes it out to your next post.

Thank you and Happy gaming!
And Sci Fi ing!!!

--
Mo



(@nevikjames):
10/28/09 14:46
@ctrlaltwow There is no doubt that @glanthur deserves the Grunty. It would be a travesty if he doesn't.
https://twitter.com/nevikjames/status/5237358708
Sent with Tweetie


Nick (@Nicktv):
11/2/09 22:32
@Glanthur you can get to this airport above IF in patch 3.2.2.
https://twitter.com/nicktv/status/5382200004
Sent with Tweetie

No comments:

Post a Comment