Saturday, March 24, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 261 - MoP It Up!

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.



Mists of Pandaria Discussion

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Mount can go to any toon on any account on the Battlenet account on any server! <--- Jeppy said that last show! sheesh
Gave the mount to a toon who had the Tyrell! Realized after I should have given it to a non contract toon.
RAF toons dinged 41 in 1k. Had a hard time finding bar, thanks Abbra and Vrishna. Wasn't going to do the car parts quest, but turns out you have to to unlock the other quests. 
Got my boat, did the cannon quest and the outhouse one and putting out the fire, which was a lot like pissing. But they quickly out leveled 1k but didn't have the FP to Tanaris so I called Epril and had Epril take Py to Gadgetzan.
Can't trade heirlooms! Opened ticket.
Getting lots of Grisly Trophies

We got our ships!

I have a career!!

Ashayo


Jeppy

(So I don't ramble I am going to try and write stuff down!)

Day by Day


Monday: 

Farmed up a metric crap ton of skin, Bought a metric crap ton of Pyrite (higher chance for infernos) which was selling for less than elementium (32g per stack) got 160 stacks. All part of the continued Botpocalypse. Such a double edged sword. Waiting for the bots to be banned and either sell it back as raw or if rubies bounce back up prospect until my eyes bleed.

Boosting Rugged and Savage leather prices by buying copious amounts is far from fun though profitable. Brainfarts led me to buy my own stock of an alt!

Not One but two!

While farming Tol Barad during the record I finally got the Kit Cub. Must have killed several hundred Baradin Foxes over the past years so forgive me for the scream on the show. The scream I made when another dropped later in the day however was way louder! Wight and Belfish now have these sweet pets. Scared to kill anymore foxes now in case a third drops and I have to delete it.

Did a couple of Tol Barads - lost both. Still wearing last season PvP gear.

Lots of AHing. More spending or investing as I prefer to incorrectly believe.

Tuesday: 

Created Kuts (Worgan Druid) on Boulderfist PvP via SoR. Previoulsy the account he is on showed as ineligible having already received a scroll way back. Seems Blizzard has decided to allow us to have another pop at the cherry.

Kuts role will be to spend the 7 days farming skin (worgan druid is a skinning machine) then after grabbing lots of alliance pets and recipes jump ship to Earthen Ring with my ill gotten gains.

Selected the transfer as well as the boost but guaranteed that it would break as I had filled up the receiving realm. Now have 7 days to do stuff before I have to take the transfer. 

Created Hoody a Human Hunter on Proudmore *surprised that name hadn't gone* He is the AH toon for The Proudmore Shuffle.

For 1 brief moment I had the Greater Celestial market in my sweaty hands. Sold 15 at 100 each then the floodgates opened and the price dropped to 61! 


The Proudmore Shuffle

Proudmore is a high pop server and is also transmog heaven. Coincidentally it is renowned for it's high Gay and Lesbian population. Go figure? The idea of the proudmore shuffle is to take all the transmog stuff which is sitting gathering dust on ER and transfer it via SoR to proudmore - sell it for eye watering amounts and again via another SoR bring it back to ER. Also because the market is so jacked up in other areas use server vs server arbitrage to make money during the swaps. The spreadsheet for this is a freaking piece of art

Using http://wow.realmpop.com/ I have been checking out other servers for future SoR arbitrage. This one http://wow.realmpop.com/us-illidan.html looks messed up. Not sure I would want to be alliance over there. The AH on there is HUGE and I was invited to several guild as soon as I logged in. Took a 25 :)

Picked up a cheap (100 gold) recipe for Enchant Weapon - Executioner. Spent some time crafting, DEing and buying the mats to make it. A few scarce items also got me buying and relisting stuff.

Wednesday: 

Dailies on my farming team. Wight and Belfish. TB top and bottom in less than an hour including extra gutting and skinning of crocolisks outside Baradin Hold.


Overnight auctions a wee bit disappointing though I saw an increase in Glyph sales. The SoR effect continues.


Sold my second enchanter pet (Eternal Lantern 980g) lots of undercutting. Reds up and down and no movement on Executioner or Peerless stats. Elemental Goo the daily so HaiBai gets a day out (well 10 minutes)


Taking my foot of the Leather market accept to buy out the criminally low.


Thinking of making a hog as I seem to have the farmable mats.


What to take with you on a transfer? Spent a lot of time maximizing what to take to ER on an SoR toon.


Late night AHing. Must make a leather worker. Want one for the weekend.


*Yes I bought a gold making guide*


Thursday:


Another early start to beat the Daily reset!


Lots of tidying up and stream watching. Very little progress.

Friday: 

Farming Ascendants Rise with hunter team and Bonita in the air - she hit 85 and I got a lot of 77-80 and some treasure chests from the potion.

Iceflow



Emails



Panadern Overload


Hello Aprillian, Tedra, Jeppy and Ashyao

Hope your all having a great week.

Hasnt it been an amazing week for wow so much news I wasn't able to keep up,
The press event did excacly what it was supposed to and has got me really
exctied about the next expansion.  Especially the 11 charater slot. Thank you Blizzard!

Anyways attached is my audio, I do apoligies I did ramble on a bit woops.

Have a great week

Cadwgan/Codwagon

P.s. only a week away before we start collecting chocolate eggs Yumm.


Resurrection help

Dear Ctrlaltwow crew:

           Resurrection recombobulation, this scroll deal would be perfect for me but I do not have anyone who could send me a request.  :(  I'd love to give someone a free cool mount if I can justify the time commitment of wow but I'd love to be bumped up to cataclysm from vanilla.  I just never expanded up because of time issues (MBA classes, work and family) and the cost which used to be over $100.00 to fully upgrade.  In the past I have sent in funny gnome stories of breaking legs off the stonewrought dam, quite fun and I would suggest jumping off the dam to anyone, episode 195.  If anyone could send me a scroll I'll try and start playing again and I'll even join the guild to try and help out.  I have enjoyed the antics of the Control Alt Wow podcast for over 3 years now and you keep me connected to the wow world without even playing.  Id recommend downloading a random old podcast sometime and listening, oh memories.  Keep your health bars full and most importantly have fun.

Thanks,
The Journey (nickname)



BrewDawg the Destroyer's End

Hail JATA!

Hope all are well.  Sorry for not writing for a while.  As the title
suggest my raid team downed Deathwing 5 weeks ago earning us the
Destroyer's End title.  We have all 8 bosses on farm now.  It takes
about 3 hours for us to clear the instance.  Our raid leader does not
want to do heroic Dragon Soul. For now we will continue to run it
until all the team members get the drops they want.

Even though we out-gear it we may go back to finish T11 heroics so we
can pull Sinestra.  She is a "hidden" boss and only comes out if you
have downed all the Bastion of Twilight, Thrown of the 4 Winds, and
Blackwing Decent Bosses on heroic difficulty.  It will be cool to see
the fight and get the Dragon Slayer title.

On our last kill of Madness Brewdawg finally got the polearm; Kiril,
Fury of Beasts.  It has a proc that increases his size by 10% every
second for 10 seconds.  Talk about a Big Bear But!  It's very cool.

Boileau's (Bwallow) team continue to progress and are now 6/8.
Assuming we don't have attendance issues we will get Spine down on
Sunday and have a few goes at Madness.  We have a good chance of
downing both.



I was going to write up a summary of my feelings about the Cataclysm
raid teirs but maybe I'll save that for when a little bird visits me
next week.

In SWTOR my Sith Inquisitor hit 50.  The story was very good but I'm
having trouble getting motivated to go through the gear grind to start
raiding.  There are so many missing elements and bugs in the game.
The big "fix everything" 1.2 patch does not address the key problems I
have with the game. No threat meter and no dual spec.  My toon is tank
spec so dailies are a real grind.  I never die but it can take forever
to kill high level mobs.  If I had not already paid for 6 months I
would un-sub until dual or multi-spec is in the game.

Below is a write up I did on tanking the bosses in Raid Finder.  You
can read them if you want or just post it to the show notes.  I
intended to send this weeks ago but kept forgetting.

Regards,
BrewDawg
_____________________________________________
Morechok
Two Tanks, stack together inside his hit-box. Taunt after 3 stacks of
Crushing Armor. Taunt back when your stacks drop. Run out of black
ooze and hide behind rock.

Normal: no change
__________
Zon'Ozz
One Tank. Face him toward the raid until ball spawns. Run through him
facing him away from the raid. Use cool downs for his cone attack.

Normal: watch the ball after 3-5 bounces you may need to move Zon'Ozz
to make sure the ball hits him.
______________
Yor'Sahj
One Tank, face him away from the raid. Use cool-downs if de-buff
stacks get over 5. Stacks will drop during ooze phase.

Raid Finder Ooze Kill Priority: Purple > Yellow > Black > Red

Normal: no change for tank, ooze kill order can change based on raid
comp and ooze combo generally Purple > Green > Yellow > Black > Red
______________
Hagara
One Tank, strafe before/when she starts Frenzy. Lightning Phase
tank/kill add on the totem. Ice Phase stack on a totem then don't get
hit by the moving ice wall.

Note: two tanks are needed for the trash and DPS will often pull
before a tank can change spec. Off-tank can make this easy by staying
at range and taunting when she cast Frenzy it will break it.

Normal: No change, Ice Tomb toons stack on tank to get cleaved out.
______________
Ultraxion
Two Tanks
Initial/Main-Tank, use 1-2 cool-downs every "Hour of Twilight." Push
button with 3 seconds before "Fading Light" expires. Taunt back when
off-tank gets fading light. Remember to hit cool-downs for "Hour of
Twilight."

Off-Tank, push button before "Hour of Twilight" hits. Taunt when
main-tank gets "Fading Light." Main-tank taunts back when you get
"Fading Light." Hit button 4-3 seconds before "Fading Light" expires.
You will have to quickly hit your button again when you come back in
before the next "Hour of Twilight"

Note: "Fading Light" has a random cast time so you have to watch the de-buff.

Normal: no change
__________________
Blackhorn
Two Tanks
Add Phase: each takes an add, switch the type of add you take each
wave. Tank them together so melee can cleave them. Stay out of
"Onslaught" if you are tanking an add, run in if you are not.

Boss Phase: taunt back and forth every two stacks. Strafe out of
"Shockwave" if necessary. Tank boss in the middle of the ship and far
enough from void-zones so that melee to get behind him.

Normal: use AOE abilities to help expose the Sapper. If you are not
tanking an add stun the sapper. DK's use Death Grip & Chains of Ice.
_________________
Spine
Two Tanks
Tank One: grab big add and move it to the front, taunt bloods to you,
when big add hits ~20% run him through puddles until he hits 9 stacks,
use a cool-down and bring it back to the front if you had move away.
When he starts to channel "Nuclear Blast" run to the back. Help DPS
down the Tendon. Repeat 2 more times.

Tank Two: gather up the adds and bring them to tank one. Help DPS down
the Tendon.

Normal: Use roll mechanic for adds but no real change, use offensive
cool-downs to help DPS the Tendon. If a plate gets pulled back down
tank the big add slightly off-center to the side of the Tendon you
were DPS'ing. The plate will go up again on that side and the Tendon
will be at low health.
_________________
Madness
Two Tanks
Phase One: Tank the "Mutated Corruption," use cool-down or green
button for "Impale," second tank taunt when first get's the impale
de-buff. Group up hemorrhage adds, "Regenerative Bloods" in the yellow
swirl if available. Help single target DPS the blistering tentacles if
when they come up. Repeat 4 times.
Phase Two: each tank picks up an "Elementium Fragment" when they
spawn, tank them in yellow swirl. Help DPS down the boss between add
spawns.

Raid Finder Platform Order: starting platform then left, left, all the
way right.

Normal: not many changes for the tanks, use a cool down for "Impale"
and if the Bolt is going to hit the platform. It can be one tanked if
your raid's DPS can burst down the corruption before the second Impale
and burst down one of the Elementium Fragments before the tank dies.


Submission for 261

Hi CAW Sweeties,
Have attached an audio for you - hope you enjoy 
Have a great week!
Big hugs Leeta

Rigarmorty Update for Episode 61

Hi Aprillian, Ashayo, Eljeppy and Tedra! (and to that awesome couple Caoboi and Iceflow they are sooooooooo awesome and you should have them on the show forever and ever and ever and ever -Caoboi did not type this)

Unfortunately no audio from me this week but that's just because of your recording schedule change this week and RL stuff getting in the way.

It's been a busy week though I've not managed to get much Wow time in. The main highlight of the week in Wow was about 20 minutes ago when Leita (Leetawow) joined Clan of Darkness! Woo hoo! It's been a long time coming! Other than that, my Undead Rogue Rigarmorty is level 82 and just over half way to level 83. Still questing in Deepholm but I really like the area. I've been playing the Auction House a bit and made 800 gold yesterday just selling off BOE gear and mats I gathered and sent Tiiaa (Aprillian) a further 990 gold.

In RL, busy week ahead as it's the last week before we're taken over. Lots of stuff we still don't know but I'll still be employed for the foreseeable future.

Episode 2 of Rigarmorty's Blight Night podcast came out this past week. I think I'm getting better at doing them and looking forward to having a better recording amount of spare time in the middle of April.

Well, that's it for me this week! Have a safe cruise Aprillian!

For the Horde And The Alliance
For Clan of Darkness

Cheers,

Rigarmorty


Submission for 3/24

Hello CAW Crew.

Wowsers this is an odd recording time for us, we didnt have time to record a song though, so I'll just have to make sure we get one in time for next week.

We started a blog to keep track of our adventures in video games, and to post our videos better. We've listed every episode in which we had a parody song played.

http://moandwrenlifesagame.blogspot.com/

Well, my week in WoW I continued my "let's see how fast I can level Dawnblade. Got him to 70. Though I am now one dungeon shy of of the outland dungeon master achievement, had a group fall apart in the last fight of magisters terrace and havent been able to rerun it yet.

Morgaine has been playing her warlock, Shadowsleep a little bit, and has been enjoying leveling through Arathi highlands, as shes never done it before horde side.

Other then that, little going on for us in WoW.

For the Alliance, For the Horde, For the "Wren, are they recording right now?"

Sincerely,

Wren and Morgaine.





Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Emails




























No comments:

Post a Comment