Sunday, September 23, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 287 - I’m So Excited, I Just Can’t Hide It; I’m About to be A Panda and I Think I Like It!

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s Corner
Hello Darlings!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!  It's almost expansion time!!  Mists of Pandaria is RIGHT around the corner!  Hehe!  I'm excited, are you?! I know you are!  =D

Okay, here's some audio for ya... love you!

/hugs (and kisses!)


Juuno & Pixiegirl

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Decided during last weeks cast that I would do some cross realm stuff with some of my toons on Nevikhoof. Completed the Nexus and dinged 70- on both


Started  a new character in the Orc Starting area with a friend.

Ashayo

Cooking - levelled up on raid toon. Epicurean awards replaced in MoP with Ironpaw Tokens
Fall of Theramore
Ashayo - head upgrade
Alliance druid - polearm upgrade
Asharmin - offhand upgrade

No more mail full of crap on level 1 toon thanks to shared mounts/pets

Running Mage through dungeons - 65 now.

Drop Bear Mafia

Jeppy


Tedrah


Emails




Donnie (audio)

Hey gang!
Sorry I haven't written in the last two shows as I have been helping a buddy level an alliance guild that has been stuck on level 5 for a while. We just keep rerolling toons through the starting zones. Lol. We've got the guild to level 10 so far. But hey I've still listened to the last 2 shows with great pleasure and enjoyment. And I love the new recording time as Aprillian diligently gets it out by Monday morning. And what a wonderful way to start the work week!
So I haven't been playing my CoD toons as a result of the above but get this. I logged on to Dizinee and he was in an area that I'm sure I didn't take him too. So the next time I logged off I made an exact mental note of where he was and when I logged on the next day, he was close to the same spot but clearly not the exact spot. So I called up Mogiver and he turned me on to an engineer and I bought a bug microphone from him and before I logged off the next day , I secretly put it in Diz's ponytail band. The next day I retrieved the bug and was astonished on what had been recorded!!! So I've attached the results to this e-mail. Bear in mind it's a tiny little bug and azerothian tech is not what it's cracked up to be so the quality isn't real great but hopefully legible. Anyway love the show as always and loooovvvvvee being in Clan of Darkness. Take care. Donnie.



BigG (audio)
Time has come to talk of many things Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--Of cabbages--and kings--And why the sea is boiling hot--And whether pigs have wings. Plus what else I been up to this week.


Hello to Aprillian, Ashayo, Eljeppy, Tedra and the chat room.

Since I last wrote you, my alt ADD has kicked in big time.  My two babies, hunter Tashelle and druid Chemier languish in Orgrimmar, still in their 50's.  I made my first male toon,  a rogue named Taenir.  He is lvl 85, with herbalism and alchemy maxed.  He is a blood elf, so not sure it counts.  He is pretty though.  Still need 13 points in archeology, since even rare solves are only worth one point now.  Yes, I am searching for the elusive Vial of Sands. Created a blood elf paladin named Namba.  My first foray into plate wearing territory.  She is currently level 23.

In view of the plight of the CAW guild on Winterhoof, I created a draenei mage, Inessa.  I was able to make contact with Nevik, and joined the CAW guild.  Inessa is currently lvl 27.  The guild is 96% through lvl 15.  It might be lvl 16 in time for the podcast.

Generally for the Horde, but for the Alliance on Winterhoof,

Duvessae

Rogueslayer (audio)

Hello to everyone at Ctrl-Alt-WoW!  

Less than a week until millions of toons swarm the quest-givers in Panderia, with at least one who will insist on standing directly on the NPC while also on their very largest mount with the widest wingspan.  Yay?  

I've attached an audio from Voltandra, who is also looking forward to Tuesday.  Before you switch to audio, though, I'd like to give a big shout-out to you, the hosts of Ctrl-Alt-WoW.  Your dedication to producing such a fun, informative and entertaining podcast every week is amazing.  Well done, you!

I hope everyone's having a great week both in and out of game!

Voltandra's player
@rogueslayer1



Nekrobob (audio)

Good evening Caw crew and welcome to the night shift. (insert evil laugh here) My major projects at work are all completed so I finally had some time to play a little WoW this week (very big sigh of relief) We've included our audio submission along with a screen shot of my new Warlock toon.

Much love to all our CaW crew homies

From the Necrobob's


Nexbardus

Hello all in CAW and COD.

It has been a long time since I sent in a submission and I wanted to get in an update before Mists came out. The last time I sent something in was before Diablo 3 came out (sorry it has been so long). At that time I was running a lot of LFR Dragon Soul both on my Hunter Nexbardus over on Nevikhoof and on my Shaman Nexbardus on Earthen Ring. I was pretty burned out on LFR at that time so I took a break and began playing Diablo 3 for a bit a soon as it came out. I got a couple characters past normal and one mostly through inferno before I was burnt out on it. So it was back to WoW and leveling up some toons, working on reputations, looking for transmog sets and hunting for rare mounts. A quick Nevikhoof mention - I haven't been spending much time over there lately, I have 3 85's in the guild there but I have mostly only been going over when it is Darkmoon Faire week and I do the profession monthlies.

Over on Earthen Ring, I got my Druid Nexverto leveled to 85 on July 5th. He was level 80 before Cata and he went to 85 doing only 40 quests in Mount Hyjal. The rest of the xp was from the Argent Tourney, Cooking and Fishing dailies and Archaeology. He is also an alchemist so I have been trying for the Vial of the Sands recipe of course but haven't gotten it yet. I did recently get the Qiraji Battle Tank mount though.

The next 85 I got was my Hunter Quinga on August 17th. This was a level 80 toon I transferred from another realm that I used to play on. On August 25th I got my Warlock Nexferox to 85 and on September 19th I got my Mage Nextime to 85, these were a couple new toons I had created back at the beginning of the summer. I have also been working on leveling my Rogue Redherring, she is level 75 right now, good chance I can get her to 80 before Mists but 85 is pretty doubtful.

I spent some of the summer hunting for rare mounts. I was able to get the Blue Proto Drake out of Utgarde Pinnacle, the Raven Lord from Setthek Halls and the Swift White Hawkstrider from Magister's Terrace. I am still trying to get the mount out of Karazhan.

Most recently I have found myself back at a place I thought I would never return to - the Argent Tourney. When mounts went account wide, I discovered that I was missing the 5 mounts that cost 100 champions seal each. I have 2 toons that have the full complement of quests so they each get 10 seals a day, I skip the jousting dailies. And I have 2 toons that can get 5 seals a day while still skipping the jousting. I have already picked up one of the mounts so it wont be long before I have the rest. I did discover that eventhough I have about 7 Argent Gruntlings each one has to get its own Argent Bridle so I might be working on that for Nexbardus. And I just got the Argent Tourney Tabard for Nexbardus which lets you transport to the tourney grounds.

Earlier this week I ran the Theramore's Fall scenario once on Alliance side and once on the Horde side. While not overly exciting I dont think it deserves the panning it has been getting from around the internets. I think the main thing I was expecting was that there would be more interaction with Jaina and that we would see her turn into some kind of badass. I was disappointed that on the horde side you dont even see her, and on the alliance side she really doesn't do much.

I recently got a new computer and a new monitor, which I was really wanting before Mists came out. Each time I upgrade to a new computer it makes WoW feel like a new game. I have been sharing some WoW playing time with my youngest daughter Emma, she is 6 and mostly likes to create new characters, play them for awhile, delete them and make new characters. She did however create a Goblin Warrior named Crazik for me on Earthen Ring, which she has been playing and she has leveled it to about level 26 I think. She is a great reader for her age but I think WoW helps her even more in that regard.

Also, I wanted to thank all of you so much for putting on such an amazing podcast. I look forward to it every week and I know you all put a lot of work into it. Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate it.

One last thing before I go. It has been over a month since he was mentioned on the show, and Aprillian talked about him for a couple weeks. But RINGO STARR, RINGO STARR, RINGO STARR = for the people out there who think he was just the drummer for Beatles and hasn't done anything since - go listen to "I Think Therefore I Rock n' Roll" or "Liverpool 8" from a couple recent albums, awesome stuff, nuff said.

Good luck to all in game, cant wait till Mists of Pandaria comes out, peace out - Nexbardus


Kurly (audio)

Rho (audio)

Hello Ctrl-Alt-WoW crew!

An hour before the show started I whipped up a little audio to send in.

I'll let my audio file do most of the talking for me, but I hope the four of you have lots of this week during the release of Mists of Pandaria. My Battletag is Rho#1846 and any of you or any listeners of the show are more than welcome to add me. I'd love to run scenarios or dungeons with some of you once we have characters hitting level 90.

Have a good weekend!

Rho of Earthen Ring-US for the Horde
and Magmafist of Lightbringer-US for the Alliance



Hello CAW Crew!

Well, no audio this week. Sorry. Typing this extremely late...I just heard Aprillian singing during the intro, wowsers. Woot! Morgaine is off at work, so shes messaging me her part from work.

First Morgaine then me.

Morgaine:

Been a pretty tame week for me in WoW: While watching Wren blow through levels like there is no tomorrow, I trudged through quests in Terrokar Forest and Nagrand on my warlock Shadowsleep. I even broke down and tried a few instances with her in hopes of quicker leveling, though I quickly realized how much I hate instances on this particular toon. Her spec just doesn't like instances AT ALL-(I might have to try Demonology on her just for instances).

After begging Wren to run me through Mana Tombs so I could hit 68 and get out of the wretched blah levels, Shadow finally was able to hit Northrend and be happy to not be in Outlands anymore. Now I'm happily trying out Northrend horde side (which I have never done before) and seeing the big quest differences. Besides Shadowsleep, I did some herb/fishing on my alliance rogue 85 Nokomis, as the relaxation of fishing has helped me chill after a few very stressful work days. Other than that, I've mostly just been in awe of Wren's super fast leveling skills and wished I could level as quick as him!

And now my week.

So for those who forgot or didnt know I made myself a goal, a level 85 of every class alliance side. This seemed incredibly daunting as I had ZERO interest in playing a rogue, was terrible at playing a shaman, couldnt figure out how to play my mage. To make it harder, I promised myself I would not use any "Shortcuts" in the leveling process. No RAFing. No Granted Levels, No Scrolls of Ressurections, etc. Though I did use heirlooms, this was moreso because most of my characters have transmogs and I wanted them to look good while leveling. Haha!

Anyways, within the last month, I made the big push, and the final push came this week. I asked Morgaine if it wsa okay for me to not partake in our normal "couple duo" characters. Though on a few occasions I did hop over, such as in her aforementioned runs of mana tombs and sethekk halls and the ilk.

Today at 9:06 EST I dinged 85 on my rogue, finishing them off. Woot!

So, I now have done it 10 alliance 85's,

Human Protection Warrior  - Durant
Human Protection Paladin - Malmuria
Human Blood Death Knight - Undying
Worgen Guardian Druid - Caimbeul
Gnome Fire Mage - Fyer
Gnome Destruction Warlock - Jaderose
Dwarf Elemental/Resto Shaman - Windreaver
Dwarf Beastmaster Hunter - Cadell
Draenei Discipline Priest - Reprieve
Worgen Subtlety Rogue - Alisdair

Was fantastic fun, and now I can say I know pretty much every trick to leveling alliance side.

Now my next goal, finish off a few transmog outfits alliance side, and then start working on it horde side with the wonderful people in Clan of Darkness on Earthen Ring. I will now start rolling alts over on Nevikhoof, since im now full on alts (except monk) of my home server.

Anyways, thank you guys for letting me rant and ramble, you are all hilarious, and kept me entertained during the stretches that morgaine wasnt on.

For the Horde, For the Alliance, For the "Umm babe, my sandstone drakes looks funny mounting carriages in Ulduum".

Wren and Morgaine.



Greetings Aprillian, Ashayo, Eljeppy and Tedra!

Attached is my audio update for this week. I had to record on my phone in the car but at least it was a quiet street I parked on this time so apologies for that and lack of sound effects.

In my audio I mention being interviewed on a show called Realm Maintenance which'll be on his episode 7. The website link for that is:

http://realm-maintenance.com

Cheers,

Rigarmorty

No comments:

Post a Comment