Saturday, September 29, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 288 - Ooked the Big Dook

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

iTunes review:

Juuno’s Corner

Hello Darlings!  Happy Mists of Pandaria!!!!  I hope everyone's staying hydrated (Jeppy!) and getting up from their chairs once in a while (Jeppy!) Hehehehe! And not eating too many bad-for-you snacks (everybody!!! Lol!)  Here's my audio... big hugs and kisses!


Juuno & Pixiegirl

p.s. Links!





Thanks for the donation Pixiegirl

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Playing with Shamayan most of Sunday, she is picking up so fast. She wanted her own account, so I refered her on Monday. A real RAF!!!  Explaining game and expansions was hard.

I am a panda!!
Couldn’t invite into guild

pet battles are addictive

Got my MoP CE but can’t decide which account to put it on.
fatigue

reputation, mounts

Ashayo


Jeppy


Tedrah


Emails

Spook Submission
CAW Crew and COD guild,
             I'm not sure how to go about this because in fact Ive never done it . In my younger Willy nilly day if I wanted to be a part of a team I would show up act like I had no fear . demonstrate I could throw a football ( that being the American sort for the Aussys reading) and run my skinny ass off and take the occasional spine breaking hit and walk it off  . But this.... this.... is a bit diferent for me  
             That being said I will tell you about me . I'm from Detroit city . I work in on an assembly line.. making you guessed it cars...well trucks but ... you get it .. i started playing WOW about 3 months ago and I'm like a crack head about it. not that I'm stealing aluminum (say it like an American ...aluuuuuuminum not aluuuuuuminum) to pay for my account but I think about wow like a girl friend more than a game.
              When I first started out I wan on a diffrent server . I have an 85 rouge and an 82 mage on venture co. .. people were dicks about dps, aggro and all types of other shit I didn't understand until I practiced and practiced and googled and googled.. I think I have a pretty firm grasp on things now.I didn't make many friends tho because I pretty much just ran instances shared a few laughs got the job done and ... nice to meet ya.. one night stand wow style..:)
                The whole point of all of this is ... when I started playing ... I downloaded podcasts about wow to try and learn.. Ctrl alt WoW is by far the best! you guys (and girls) mesh together like the happiest group of friends I  have ever come across. its such a stark contrast and ray of sunshine to my real life I'm not afraid to say I want to be a part of it... I can assure you i will not be scoring an achievement of world ....server.... or even guild first anything ... I wont amaze you with my uncanny tanking skills or make your jaw drop with my astronomical DPSing but I will be a friend and do anything I can to help any of you ...( Im not trying to get too deep here but... you guys might think your just talking about some game.... but your laughter ...excitement ... and happiness helps people forget about other things and helps more than you will probably ever know) ...  in real life my name is Kevin....but in game I go by Spøøky (rouge) or cøletrain (warior) ... my wish is to become a part of COD  but more than that to gain friendships with people I can hear are TRULY good hearted people.  


A new day on Azeroth

*Yawn* - Hello everyone at Ctrl-Alt-WoW!  It's been a long day, with the release of Mists of Pandaria.  Voltandra was kind enough to document her first day in this new land, in the attached audio.  

Tip for anyone who hasn't yet followed the quest out of Orgrimmar:  the ship to Panderia is an airship.  Up, up and away.  Don't get distracted by the seafaring vessel at the docks.

Well, I've been up since 2:30 this morning, and it's now after 9:00 pm.  Time to sign off and get some sleep.  I hope everyone's enjoying the expansion - there's so much to do!

-Voltandra's player
-@rogueslayer1


Question - My Monks Homeless
Hi:

I like hearing about all your different Alts. I don't think I'm an AltAholic yet, but have 2 85's and am working on leveling a Panda to 90 first. No raf levels, just heirlooms and maybe some power leveled dungeons if the grind gets too much.

After I completed the Panda starting zone and got into Org the first thing I did was go to my mailbox and put on the hierloom gear and guild tabard I had sent myself. Now, I'm in the guild Squeaky Toys on Lightbringer and it is a violet tabard with a a white buck toothed rabbit. After I put the gear on I looked like a crazy homeless person who might try to mug people for change outside a liquor store. The Hierloom headpiece is a black wrap that looks kind of cool on a rouge, or even an Orc hunter, but with the combination of the Panda's pot belly with the rabbit face, the ugly grey hierloom shoulders, and then the masked face just looks ridiculous.

With the jeers of the Org residents and guards as I rolled by with Ji, it just rubbed it in harder. Yes, I'm really goofy looking, and scary, but not in a good scary way.

I tried transmogging, but the panda gear which looked appropriate was white and so couldn't. I also am not sure if you can transmog heirlooms. It would be nice for him to not have to wait until post level 85 to get into some gear that looked more monk appropriate.

Have any of you that rolled Pandas thought, or done something about this via transmogging? or, do you know if some monk looking patterns or vendor have been introduced for different leveling stages that could be transmogged?

Tanks,

Marpa the Pandarian Brewmaster, on Lightbringer


Greetings funtastick CaW podcasters Apprillian, Ashayo, El Jeppy and Tedra.

  Because of all my overtime from building props last week I was able to take three days three days off from work this week to fully enjoy the launch of Mists of Pandaria. And enjoy it we did, we played for three days straight and it was awesome. The new game is brilliant Blizzard has really outdone themselves this time. The new story line quest chain format is wonderfully  engaging, the NPC characters are fantastic and memorable and the scenery of the Island is breathtaking. Mrs. Necrobob and I live in China and I must say that Blizz hit the look and feel of the Asian architecture, furniture, npc costumes, food look and style, even the clouds look like they were painted by a Chinese master (did you notice the little spiral swirls of mists at the bottom of all the waterfalls?)  Its all right on the money. Everywhere you look in the game you see a landscape worthy of a postcard. The stunning visuals have the look and feel of a real world. Have you seen how the sky goes dark before a storm rolls in and then the weather literally breaks into lightning and rain? I am very impressed.

 How about the music? Yes we love that too :) its sweeping and epic without being overpowering and it seems to go along with what ever your toon is doing at the moment. The only odd thing about the music so far is hearing the kazoo being played along with the other instruments during the soundtrack for the Inn. Its weird but kinda nice ;)

  We are currently level 86.5 on our main toons and we have all of our other 85's well into the starting area story. Our gear score is skyrocketing with the completion of every quest chain and most of our toons are now exalted with the guild. (much to Mrs. Necrobobs dismay as she did a loremaster run not long ago and wasn't able to get the exalted status with CoD even after doing all 3260 quests and dailies)

  Thus far our favorite quests have been the "Scouting Report" story and the "marmot punting for fun and profit". How cool is it to have a sweet furry puntable Marmot in your bag for those moments when you really need to kick something.

This evening we started the Vally of the Four Winds zone but have been briefly thwarted by a surprise sever shutdown for maintenance.  

Below are a few screen shots of Mrs. Necrobobs toon Yaniya, who accidentally fished up Old Crafty wile doing her fishing daily and a picture of Skylla on her new exalted guild mount along with some pix of the launch.

Cheers and thanks so much for your splendiferous podcast

the Nekrobobs

and remember Undead love is forever….



PS
and congrats also to Chrysanthmum who at level 12 also caught Old Crafty just a few hours later :)



Crafty bugger caught at last



Skylla with her new sexy mount



The madness of launch day how awesome was this !!!!



Starting the new expansion unconscious or am I just dead again…?



Descending into the mist...




HI Caw Crew!

Attached is my audio update for this week!

Hope your all loving MOP as much as I am!

Cheers,

Rigarmorty



5am really Really


If I am up listening live to today’s ep remind me to put the crock pot into the fridge and here’s my audio.
BIG G











Shout Outs & Thank You

ChatRoom!!!
Who’s there:

Lol- Ustream-Bot & 8 guests
Rogueslayer1
Nevik
Tiebur
Molsan
Gravenau
Saltyslainte
Kimolly - contest winner
Tinokk
theSkral
Leeta
Aussiebluemoon
Melindraya
Wrenworkman
--------------------
Monkygrl
--------------------

No comments:

Post a Comment