Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 018 A Cool Fun Game or a Complete Waste of Time

What’s Going On

My husband and I had dinner with another couple on Friday Night. I had spent all day Friday on WoW and I was rather excited about the fun things I had done. I mentioned something that happened in the game. To my surprise, the woman of the couple had never heard of WoW and after trying to explain it, she called Online games a “complete waste of time”.



What I did this week

Embracing RP


WoW News

Tinfoil Hats – possible April’s fool joke

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/items/tinfoilhat.xml
Cloth
Schematic: Tinfoil Hat
Binds when picked up
Requires Engineering (375)
Use: Teaches you how to make a Tinfoil Hat
Tinfoil Hat
Binds when equipped
Head
10 Armor
-10 Intellect
+10 Spirit
Durability: 5/5
Requires Level 10
Equip: Hides the wearer's profile from the
Armory.
Equip: Allows the wearer to see "the truth." May
lead to an incontrollable urge to share "the truth"
with others.
Use: Grants the wearer immunity to all forms of
mind control for the next 10 sec...or does it?
"On behalf of the International Gnomish
Conspiracy, I've got to inform you that we're
almost out of tinfoil."
Requires Tin Bar (99), Fused Wiring (4), Troll
Tears (8), Heavy Leather (4), Star Ruby


Aprillian spidersilk boots

Server Selection & Email

Abkani
to me

show details
Mar 29 (4 days ago)
On Azuremyst:

Bronze bar x20 = 1.5 - 2 g
Tin Ore x20 = 1.5 - 2 g

Second Email


HEY! great show and there is something you need!
I just wanted to start by saying that I love listening to your show. It is great that it comes out more frequently than most other WoW podcasts and with a "little bit of regularity" which is great for me because I listen to a lot of podacsts and I'm always looking for more stuff on WoW. I heard you mention on a recent show that you used only a few add-ons and that most of them were purely cosmetic. I found it amazing that you didn't have one of my favorite add-ons that is almost necessary for alt-freaks like yourself. It's called "Recipe Radar"
and it allows you to see all the recipes that are available for all the professions in the zone you are currently in. Better than that, once you have loaded this program and logged on to each of your toons, it will remember which recipes each toon already has and what level their profession currently is. Recipe Radar will even show you on a mini map the general location of where the NPC that can train you (or sell you) is and if you use Cartographer with it, it will place a marker on your big map as well.

There are even more features that you will find useful in this add-on too and you may wonder how you have been playing for so long without it.

Sincerely,

-Amaging (68 Gnome mage) of the guild Seven Ate Nine on the Khaz Modan server.

Closing Thoughts:

I’m enjoying the game. It’s something I like doing. I am learning new things and it’s not a waste of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment