Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 231 - CC is Not Just For Emails

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

Oy!


Hello Darlings! Aprillian, Ashayo, Vrishna and....She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed's El Jeppy!  And fellow listeners!!!  Hello!  I hope everyone is doing GREAT!  
SO....ummmm....I've been out of town... we went to the University of Southern Utah (they have a REALLY fabulous Shakespeare Festival there, including a replica of the Globe!) and we watched Romeo and Juliet and Midsummer's Night Dream.
They were tres fabulous!  So...no gaming for me over the past few days and now...I am le tired... and I didn't get an audio done for Ctrl Alt Wow either!  <=(  I'm awwweeeeeeee!  I guess that means that Aprillian will just HAVE to read this...and pretend to be ME while she does...hehehe....RIGHT?!?  I hope so!!!  *squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!*  (crossing fingers!)
Vrishna...embrace the bunny...do not kill them...they look up to you soooo much.  ;)  
Anywho, I'm hoping to get some gaming done SOON!  I have to do some cooking though for All Things Edible... you guys have heard of that podcast, right?  Gamers/Cooks, it's crazy!  I get to be on there with them in two weeks...hehe.  I would LOVE to hear Aprillian on there one of these days, by the way!  That'd be epic!  
Okay, enough rambling...I'm going off to bed now... hehehe... love you guys!!!  AND Aprillian!  Big hugs and kisses *muah*
For the Alliance, For the Horde, and for Aprillian being so darn cute all the time!  hehehehe
Juuno, of Earthen Ring, Nevikhoof and Korialstraszzzzzzzz..... 
xoxoxoxoxoxoxox!!!!!



p.s.  I got to be on Liquid Wow a while back...I told Christie how much I love love love Ctrl Alt Wow...hehehe...

What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

Quint Pups all have different levels of heirlooms Prilego has none, AprilOfficer has head, shoulder & chest, Bestal has back & shoulders, Apree has shoulders only, Westal has head only. I guess I could swap back and forth but that would be too much work.
Logged on to Epril in Orgrimar near the JC trainer and abandoned the nightstone quest per Ashayo
Thu afternoon. Spending 15 to 20 mins when I can to advance the pups. Not using anything to help is making it harder. Have to check all screens to make sure they are on follow. Horse quest killed a couple when lead took off.

Took my RAF 29 and 25 into Stockade and xp was too low, now trying Gnomeragan.
Got email on Kapril, GM on Nevikhoof

Took Nevahoof to Wetlands to level skinning. It went very quickly. I used a guide:
http://www.wow-professions.com/wowguides/wow-skinning-guide.html

Aprillian & Vrishna

Vrishna's pally Treesa is running with 3 of Aprillian's toons, including an RAF pair. We ran the higher Azure Watch Island

Looking for bounty in Moog's ogre, couldn't find it, watched a Belf
Stranglethorn Vale Nessingwary quest. Delishas Pries, Darshi Druid, Nevahoof Pally with Vrishan's Treesa Pall. Very frustrating can't skin, can do some mining, but no herb
Quest autocompleting is so cool

Running 3 toons with Vrishna 1 getting great xp and leveling mining.
Caught up with Mel & Liz Tailor and tried the Culling of Strathholme. Let's just call it the Noobs leading the Noobs

Vrishna

Professional Journeyman to Professional expert from one day to the next ! Stranglethorn Vale has way too much ore & herb ! Wait, what am I saying

Macros are NOT the same for Pallys as they are for ranged toons ! Got it to work, thanks to Aprillian.



Ashayo

Asheal has been making all her Dreamcloth every week, but not sure what to do with it. Not running the new content, so don't have access to new patterns/materials. Am I wasting my time? 36 slot bag from [filling the moonwell]


Ashayo - H Lost City with Sol/Ostira/Blank/Expiry alts
Finaly got [Death from Above]
Got 125 marks for Filling the Moonwell - somehow Asheal only had 124
Off hand, trinket, pet
Legacy of Leyara - one step closer to meta


Ashield - dinged 85 in Stonecore with Caoboi, Iceprayer and Mollyshot
Random heroic - Lost City ; not hard at all
Then got Stonecore - wiped on 1st trash and tank dropped because healer (me) had crap gear
Next day got Shadowfang Keep and completed without trouble!
Then got H Halls of Origination - tank couldn't keep aggro off a DK melee, dropped after wipe on 1st boss


Shaman - dinged 50 and 51 in a pug Strat run. Doing crap dps compared to others (180 compared to tank doing 500 and druid 350)

Jeppy

Awww No Jeppy

Emails



Bit the Bullet

Well I was once in the CtrlAltWow guild.
It was brief.
Not sure if you remember. I waited a few days for someone to come online to invite me.
Then realised you are an alliance guild.
I am back. Not sure of the frequency I will be on, but I rolled a worgen for a change.
I was happily running round last night and saw Mata who had just rolled a new worgen.
I did a slash wave and went off on my own way.
Anyway, I was thinking a shift to the bright side might be fun for a while. When I am next in-game I will ask for an invite.
Although I have multiple toons, I only run one account. Please don't hold it against me.
Yours
Manbone

p.s. Misscryt. A rogue of course.


Attempt # 2

Well our last attempt at sending in an audio submission didn't work. Here's our second try at it, hopefully we can redeem ourselves!
For the Horde and for the Raidz,
Benadictator and Reglas

WOW & CLAN OF DARKNESS

Hi Aprillian, Ashayo, Vrishna and Jeppy
 My in game name is Dazaroe and I used to play the game a lot but real life got in the way .
Pesky thing real life (real life name = Brian).
Then … I got an offer from Blizzard I couldn’t refuse  And I  accepted it.
I tried  post cataclysm WOW and  am keen to play again.
To step back a little I have been friends with two of your guildies for a long time on the Alliance side. Mel and Ericke. They were very excited to see me back in game and thought I should join the guild since the relaxed style of play matches mine.
They explained the rules to join the guild and got me to listen to a podcast. To be honest I was totally confused but in a nice way. The feeling I have is that joined a wonderful conversation but about ½ way through . Mel and Ericke have been helping me understand what is going on  but I think it will take many  long conversations to catch up. (That is what we enjoy doing together so it will be fun) . I see you have a large back catalogue of casts so I might find out “What are Frosties?” eventually (unless you mean the pet?)
On this realm  I have a level 15 Shaman who is ready to join in the fun as soon as I can
So - Back to the  reason for this email.
I would love to join the guild if possible and  meet the friendly folk of Clan of Darkness.
Who knows – I meet even get Mel and Ericke   to venture back to the alliance and dabble in adventures over on Nevikhoof/Winterhoof realm as well
           Thanks for your time & consideration,   Dazaroe (Brian)



Bangobingo Update #4 and Contest submission

Hey CAW/COD Crew,
I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the ever changing weather as tornado season rolls into hurricane season. I just wanted to drop you a line to let you know what I have been up to in game and as always pose a question.

The past couple weeks have been pretty good as I have been able to log in to do my firelands dailies on my Warrior. I am to the point now where I have one more vendor to unlock before I can finally take a break from those quests. I like the gated content but I also enjoyed the Isle of Quel’Danas (sp) model where the server as a whole was working toward the goal. It allowed me to contribute when I could but didn’t feel like I was behind if I missed a day of dailies along the way.

On the alt front, I have been leveling my mage, Readytogogo, up to level 40. Just a couple more levels until I can finally learn the portals to help out my guildies with easy travel during world events. I always appreciated having a friend who was a mage, but since he left the game I never got to repay the favor. Hopefully, I can pay his kindness forward with this toon to my fellow guildies on earthern ring.

Additionally, I have begun to level my goblin rogue, Tiptop, and am currently sitting in the early 20’s. My main on my other server is an alliance rogue, Derkdiggler, and I am really enjoying the leveling process in my subtlety build. I know it’s not the ideal build for leveling, but it is just so much fun to play, especially in PvP.  My goal is to deck this toon out in resilience gear as I have never taken PvP seriously on any of my other toons.

As I have been leveling my low level toons again it did make me think of a question as I reflected on my time spend in game over the past few years. As a new player I typically was very one dimensional in questing as I would get a quest, complete it, then immediately return to turn it in before taking another quest. However, I soon began to realize it was much faster leveling to stack my quests and complete them all at the same time before turning them all in. this small lesson in prioritization and economy of effort has transcended the game and spilled into my home and professional lives. I find myself “quest stacking” when running errands or while accomplishing tasks for work. My question is are there any aspects of the game that you have taken outside of the game into your real life?

Can’t wait to hear you discussion on the topic and look forward to the next meeting in game.
Take care!

v/r

Bangobingo


New window
Print all
Expand all
Collapse all

Update for Iceflow and Caoboi

Hey JAVA!,

Iceflow and Caoboi here to let you all know what we've been up to.  Phew!  We've seen to have renewed an intense relationship with WoW again.  We log in almost every day and play a variety of characters.

Iceprayer and Kabooey ran Stonecore with Ashayo and Molly and it was a dream come true!  Ashayo even hit 85 on the last boss!  I'm sure he would have already talked about it but I couldn't let him take my content too!

Iceprayer has a high enough iLevel to get into Cata heroics so I've been cutting my teeth in there.  I'm still working my way through Uldum questing and making tons of cash.  I have a weird OCD thing of leveling through a zone and then taking all the cloth that I've received while I've been questing in that zone and then level my tailoring.  Don't ask why I do the things I do.  I couldn't even tell you!  I have no idea why I like playing a shadow priest when I can't stand mages, warlocks, or elemental shamans.

Kabooey has been diligently been doing his troll heroics.  Truthfully, he's ready to raid and maybe he'll even substitute into the Not In The Face raid soon.  He's also questing in Twilight Highlands since he never finished it on Caoboi. Caoboi can't believe that [insert spoiler here] talked to Kabooey in such a manner.  And I can't believe that [insert spoiler here] did what he did to Kabooey.

We are going back and forth on what toons to level in Cataclysm content next.  There's a shaman/mage combo, a paladin/paladin combo, or continuing to play our druid/priest combo.  So many options!  And don't even get us started on what do on our refer a friend accounts on Winterhoof!

We're heading off to Dragon Con this weekend and we'll be thinking of you guys and tweeting lots of pics.  You all have a great week and we'll be thinking of you guys!

For the Horde, Clan of Darkness, and Refrigerators!

Ice and Cao



submission 231

Kadak


Rigarmorty Audio for Episode 231

  Hi Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo and Eljeppy!

Attached is my audio message for this week! It was so funny hearing your improvised sound effects last week I nearly fell over while walking down the street and listening back to the episode. I certainly got some strange looks from people but that's normal lol. Thanks to Melindraya & FortyTow's mention of missing me, I miss everyone too! Anyway, without further adieu...

Cheers,

Rigarmorty



I am sorry for last weeks audio and the non-ability to understand sorry to hear about El Jeppy get well soon mate and yay for aprilian as Juuno. As always remember to kill the wabit kill the wabits kill all the freacking wabits.


Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Where did lvl 18 on CoD go ! Although lvl 7 on CAW.

Emails

























No comments:

Post a Comment