Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 372 - Doing the happy chair dance - DMF is BACK!!


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!




What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian




Leeta

1/ Leeta
* Timeless Isle is still unkind and no new drops for the achievement this week! Still feel like I am on the round-a-bout!
* Heroic Scenario - ran Dark Heart of Pandaria - Achievement awarded \o/
* Got the Zul’Again Achievement http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8078/zulagain
* Mount runs - Zul’Gurub, Onyxia, Malygos,
* Running Herald of the Titans Toons to get gear - ICC 5mans, Naxx 25m, Trail of the Crusader
Leeta Achievement Points - 14695
WoWScrnShot_060114_180149.jpg
Screenshot from 25m Naxx
2/ Herald of the Titans
This week we ventured into Ulduar and came face to face with Algalon.
WoWScrnShot_053114_130713.jpg

WoWScrnShot_053114_130729.jpg
Face to face with Algalon! (I am the tree!)
*Learning the dance of the raid mechanics at the moment to get a feel for the fight*
Chart for where you can get the gear
10351836_10203428483100287_648895632416817506_n.jpg
3/ Darkmoon Faire is BACK!!! Get your thread, flour etc ready!
Make sure you grab your Whee! buff!
And Jeremy Feasel is STILL a weasel!!
4/ Rep Hand ins with Whee Buff
Quivering Firestorm Egg - hand in on Attil.
Went from 10400/12000 to 8000/21000 with 4 Eggs and the Whee buff!
DK - Klaxxi rep - 11462/12000 to 4262/21000
Golden Lotus - 9574/12000 to 4774/21000
Shado-Pan - 7016/12000 to 9416/12000
August Celestials - 2520/21000 to 4920/21000

Rogueslayer

Updated Battle.net Friday, seems to have resolved the “go to login screen” annoyance. But then later, back.

Whimihere (Dwarf monk PVP)
  • 24- still 24
  • Had 1025 honor points, found Alliance honor heirloom vendor - can’t get anything yet

Voltandra
  • Fought Xuen, got 118 gold from treasure box
  • Strands of the Ancients
  • Justly Rewarded (300k in quest rewards)
  • Spacial blip at Dawnseeker Promontory (on all toons)

Thursayre (Draenae paladin)
  • 87- still 87
  • Oof - BG’s really are less mature on Alliance side…

Nelkall (dwarf warrior)
  • Call to Arms = Isle of Conquest - “horde always loses,” so checking it from alli
  • Definitely longer wait times… but yes, victory (quick, too) (avg wait time 1 min vs. 17 - later 40 sec)

Rogueslayer
  • Now I Am the Master
  • Honor, Conquest
  • Wintergrasp Victory (all alone, defending against no one)
  • Deepwind Gorge Perfection (1600 - 0)
  • Persistent warrior at TB 1:5
  • Deepwind Gorge chart topper! Oh, wait…:
  • Top Deaths DG.png
  • “lock rocks?” - Dug out my “party” spells - soulwell, dark intent, etc.
  • Demonic circle!
  • Changed staff for dagger and off-hand, void lord -> Shivarra - next bg didn’t die, killed people! - first win of day
  • Shado-Pan dailies

Everrose
  • Honor, Conquest, herbing (253)
  • Hired Gina for my farm - duh on me (repair vendor…), BF Farmer Fung, Tina
  • DG - Puddle Jumper (fall 25 yrds in DG w/o dying), Weighed Down (kill ec carrier b4 leave base), DG Victory
  • Levitate in Townlong Steppes - mobs all followed me down to water - underwater battle, with Battle Standard!
  • Swapped out 450-something green staff for 522 dagger w/spellpower - much better next battle!
  • Finally:
  • Isle of Conquest Victory.png
  • Saturday evening, res’d by hanger. Levitate for shortcut - bg ended:
  • Isle of Conquest levitate.jpeg
  • Finished one, queued, instant in - surrounded by enemy, near end of battle
  • Mystery confession:
  • Barber shop confessions.png




Emails



Dawncharger, Fan of the Show
Hi all,

I just wanted to write in and say how much I enjoy your show. I listen every chance I get and wanted to be apart of your community and guild I have heard so much about. I play many alts but am focusing on my Tauren Paladin Dawncharger at the moment. Anyway keep up the great work and I look forward to the next episode!

Thanks,
Daniel


For The Shiny
Another fairly light week and I forgot to add I gained 150 levels between my hearthstone heroes and gained 300 gold
Big G
Sent from my iPhone


For the very first time
Dear CtrlAltWoW!

It`s been a while since my last email, but that doesn`t mean I have not been playing wow, because I do, everyday.

So, what have I been doing?

IRL
- eating lots of icecream
- taking care of my old parents
- working on my paintings
- planning on buying kayaks
- bought a small magnolia tree, and a small beech tree, both now living on our balcony (fifth floor)

IN GAME:
-Getting lots of help on my Titan hunter, you guys are simply the best, thank you.
-doing lots and lots of battlegrounds. Oh, see picture, I had the most amazing experience in wsg the other day. A druid named Zetsuboubili of Ner`zhul let me ride on his back, and like this we got the flag 3 times in a row, just stopping from time to time to kill enemies, he attacking me healing, it was just so much fun, never experienced that before in WoW, a great Wow moment indeed :)
- doing reforging for THE VERY FIRST TIME (and I have played wow for years, still such a noob)

I love chatting in game with you all, and I love talking in Mumble and Vent even though I am a little bit shy.  Love you all, cya all in game.

Big hugs from
Ravn
WoWScrnShot_052614_213303.jpgRavn









Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus

Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


Shooting Fish in a Barrel (any pool) - 49,334 / 50,000
Better Living through Chemistry (Cata flasks) - 2572 / 3000 - Reward = Big Cauldron of Battle

5/25 - 5/31

10
Foxenfire
Ghaldrym
Jepstein
Pepstein
60
Sorki
Grandnagus
Ghaldrym
Silveth
20
Foxenfire
Jepstein
Ghaldrym
70
Grandnagus
Ghaldrym
Silveth
30
Jepstein
Ghaldrym
80
Flogalis
Mataroski
Loonah
Grandnagus
Geks
Ghaldrym
Silveth
40
Jepstein
Ghaldrym
85
Grandnagus
Ghaldrym
Silveth
50
Grandnagus
Ghaldrym
90
Grandnagus
Voltz
Soleil
Wanrong
Ghaldrym
Silveth

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Raztastic
  • Grandnagus
  • Ghaldrym

Top 10
Top 10 20140526.png
In game mail:
  • Flogalis (living steel belt buckle from a few weeks back): “I made the top 10? I think everyone must have been AFK.  Haha! Thank you! :)”



  • Gifts:from Duvessae
    • Lil’ Bling - Mataroski
    • Pandaren Earth Spirit - Sorki
    • De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion - Stegatamad
    • De-Weaponized Mechanical Companion (carry to next week)

Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment