Sunday, June 21, 2009

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 120 - WTB Clothes for Burning Hot Pole Dance

Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator, they are back in the store.

What We've Been Doing:



Aprillian

Got Enchanting up on my DK on Jubethos, and working on Inscription on Aprillian. Did cool down on cloth on Aprillian on ER

Fishing, fishing fishing
Had to go to a funeral on Friday, interacting with family, particularly in regards to WoW was draining and infuriating. Brother made fun of intro so I turned it off. Sat I listened to Epic Dolls Episode 67 Out of Game Relationships and Leela and Catarina touched on many of the same things I was feeling.

Ashayo




Glanthur

Blood or Unholy. Discuss.
Argent Crusade changes...I'm looking forward to the Silver Covenant hippogriff. That's the mount I THOUGHT I was getting with my 150 champion marks. Oh well. I guess I'll have two hippogriffs.
Patch 3.2 Changes - not really being affected that much.
iPhone debacle!



Bladed Edge



Emails

Email #0 from Bryson

Hey guys! just entering in the drawing for a free month of WoW! thanks!

Comment #1 from Aleara

Name: Aleara http://alearajl.blogspot.com

Aprillian! Ace Ventura?? It’s not just a guy thing…I used to be a big fan of the first movie. The second, not so much, but it was okay. lol

Austin Powers? *sigh* Doesn’t your hubby let you out??? lol

Love the show, however.

See you on in PoH!!!!!!!


Email #A from Ariisa


Greetings once again Aprillian, Ashayo, and Glanthur,

Thank you so much for choosing my email to win your contest. I would gladly accept the 30 day free wow timecard, and tell everyone I know about your show.


As for Ashayo....since you had such a difficult time saying, Ffffffor the Alliance, It must be said..... Oracle report, First egg........ Green Proto-Drake Mount. :)

Alliance ftw!

Keep up the great show. I look forward to many more.
Ariisa Resto Shaman


Email #2 from Karen
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say that we'd love to hook up with Secondaid when he's here at Blizzcon. We'll be there both days, taking the family and the guild (5 out of the 6 full time members will be there). Two of our guildies are staying at a hotel right next to the convention center. My family will be traipsing home each night to deal with the menagerie we have at home. So, pass on my email address to him or however you want to set that up.

I'm settling into a schedule of work and play time now and feel like I'm making some progress with my toons, just can't play as many as I usually like to, but concentrating on a few seems to do the trick. On the horde side my highest level toon, Elsa, level 80 Hunter and pet collector, is doing the Argent Tournament, making money and buying pets. The only one she has left to buy is the Mulgore Hatchling. I'm working on leveling up my Resto/Boomkin druid, who's level 62 now and having a blast, especially when he's running instances with his DK buddies. On the alliance side, I'm trying to get my level 75 warrior, Bast, up to 77 so she can start the argent tournament and start earning some gold on that side. These last couple of levels seem really slow, but I'm making progress.

And, I have a story about why you should play WoW with your niece (or maybe nephew). I got a whisper from my niece, who left our little casual guild for a raiding guild, asking how long I was going to be on that evening. I said awhile, why did she ask? She was helping her guild put together an OS run and wanted to know if I was interested. Well, I had to look up what OS was since I was pretty sure it didn't stand for Operating System as in Mac OS X :-) and I said, Count me in and do you have space for your Uncle as well? She did and we headed to Obsidian Sanctum, that's the one with all the dragons.

We only had 17 people, we were doing it on heroic (which I only found out when I got the achievement at the end) and me and my husband were terribly undergeared, but we helped a little with our measly dps and tried not to die too often. Those walls of flame are easy to see, hard to avoid. And we prevailed.

I had one very noob moment where I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to get back in the first time I died and held up the raid because of that, but I eventually found my way. It was a great experience, but might be too much for our older nerves, though the group we ran with was very well organized and well spoken.

And we got to go because of my niece, so a shout out to Vanderios in Run to the Door on Arathor, thanks for inviting Auntie Elsa and Uncle Apropos to the raid and to your guildies for being so welcoming.

Karen



Email #3 from Dragster


Dear, ctrl alt wow crew when i play i usualy keep focused on one character at a time but then i want to play another class and reroll from,Dragster P.S. if i win give glanther an ally mini!

Email #B from Vala

Hello Guys
Valathilia here

Well I want to start off by saying I hope all of you had a good week. :) So this week was really boring all I did was level my paladin which I am hoping to have him be 80 soon. I also paid for my best friends and azok's lv60 mounts. Even though Blizz is lowering the price in the next patch I didn't want to wait. Well great podcast and keep up the great work.

For the horde
-vala


Email #4 Makiling


hey guys, Makiling here to tell you some stories from my WoW week

i find it sad that april has no intention of raiding as from the last episode. but i completely understand her, as i felt that raiding takes a certain level of commitment to do. i consider myself as a casual player, but as it turns out, raiding as it is now can accommodate people like me. i think this is because there are a lot of other people like me, who would like to see endgame content but cant play full time, and the game has enough material for us.

i have a question for glanthur and ashayo, how do you distribute loot in your guild raids? in the past few weeks, i have been getting guild invites from people in the pugs that i join in. the thought of being in a group that regularly clears raids is really tempting, but i am hesitant because the thought of using dkp or other loot distribution system is a turn off. and i think this is mainly because of my casual gameplay. i would rather gamble on a roll to a loot, and possibility of getting ninja'd. thats my 2 cents on that, what do you guys think?

earlier this week i got into karazhan for the very first time. it was a pug that wanted to farm the recipes and get the achivement, and i have to say that it was a really awesome raid instance! i finally understood what all the rave and contrast to the present content was about. it was nicely done and the bossess were really creative.

i got Northrend Dungeonmaster and Northrend Dungeon Hero this week after doing Heroic Halls of Stone and Heroic Old kingdom. i finally understood why it was so hard to find a pug for these. i died more times in old kingdom than in my first time with emalon!

finally i'd like to take this opportunity to give a shoutout to all the dads and to my friend Dambuhala who celebrated his brithday yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment