Recorded Saturday, August 26, 2017 1100
Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 536 - Journey to Argus
Aprillian, Constraxx, Vrishna, Grand Nagus and guest hosts discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners. Guild Round up from Rogueslayer
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-guru Constraxx. We record Live on our Ustream page! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ctrl-alt-wow-world-of-warcraft-podcast
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an email to email@example.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.
Write somewhere in email that you would like to be considered for a one month of Wow in honor of Vrishna.
This week in WoW:
Timewalking dungeon event Cataclysm starts tuesday when current Pet Battle event ends
PvP Brawl: Warsong Scramble ends on tuesday as well.
What We've Been Doing:
- achievementes like "epic", "mogg-Saron", "Can't Do That While Stunned".
- Sky Golem Sale 100k, Rethu's Incessant Courage Plate Belt 125k
- Runed Orbs dropped from Ulduar used for Transmog : Boots of Wintry endurance, Death-Warmed Belt, some items worth more than 6k on AH.
- Brann’s Pre 7.3 Lead Up Quest.
- Working on Raiding with Leashes IV
- Lost Cause got Moose Mount, and StoneWoW visited :D
- Draw “Blood Boil”
- 50k Nethershard for toy that turns you into a Treasure Goblin Linguering Wyrmtongue Essence :
Talk about GamesCom stream on wednsday, Hearthstone short, Mei short, WoW Shadow of Argus trailer and first ingame cinematic. Lack of Diablo content.
Outlook on 7.3:
Venture through the raids of Cataclysm to find new battle pets for the much-anticipated achievement, Raiding with Leashes V: Cuteaclysm. You’ll boast about finding a host of mostly elemental pets when you revisit Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, Throne of the Four Winds, Firelands, and Dragon Soul.
- “Represent”, “Ten Tabards”, “Twenty-Five Tabards” and “Thirty Tabards” now require that a number of unique tabards be obtained. These Achievements no longer require the tabards be equipped.
- The Orders are now working together to improve Artifact Knowledge, and Artifact Knowledge now increases every week for everyone at the same rate, without the need to submit work orders.
The Broken Shore now offers an Emissary Quest.
- A “Summon Random Favorite Battle Pet” button has been added to the Pet Journal.
- Legendary quests now display as orange markers on the world map.
- Legion dungeon and raid maps now have clickable icons where sub-maps connect, making it easier to navigate between floors.
- Mount and pet unlocks now have a unique toast.
- The Dressing Room pane is now larger.
Lightforged Beacon to the Vindicaar (Hub on Argus).
Chromie checking out Argus in the future.
The Vindicaar has a portal back to Dalaran, so you don’t have to use a Hearthstone to go back.
Antorus, the Burning Throne is the new raid on Argus, it will be unlocked at a later date, much like the other Legion Raids. Ion said it will be the last major raid in Legion, but he didn’t say it would be THE LAST.
The Seat of the Triumvirate is a new dungeon coming in Patch 7.3 that will unlock during Week 3.
Invasion Points are public scenarios that require multiple players, with Greater Invasion Points requiring a raid to defeat bosses that drop item level 930 gear.
The Invasion Onslaught (acquire 15 Argus Waystones) and Supplying the Antoran Campaign (complete 10 Invasion points) are weekly quests involve doing Invasion Points.
- Tier 1 Invasion Points will allow anywhere from 3–10 players within the instance. While you can enter alone, you’ll ideally want to recruit at least two other friends to join you in order to complete the scenario.
- Tier 2 Invasion Points or Greater Invasion Points, will require a raid to bring down the boss within, but with greater risk, also comes greater reward.
- The Armies of Legionfall faction will offer an emissary quest for the Broken Shore world quests.
- Demon's Soulstone grants reputation for all of the Broken Isles factions, including Argus factions.
- Nathrezim Tome of Manipulation - Increases reputation gain with the factions of the Broken Isles by 200% for 2 hrs while leveling.
- Relinquished Armor Set - Set a Champion's item level to 880.
- Cube of Discovery - Allows you to sometimes find artifact power items when looting enemies while leveling.
Army of the Light
The Army of the Light offers world quests on Argus, with the normal emissary reward as well.
- Note that the Lightforged Warframe costs 500,000.
The Argussian Reach faction offers several mounts as a reward.
Have a great day! 😄
Currently in Kansas City, Missouri, with a bunch of friends preparing for the eclipse! I have my audio and this week's Blast from the Past attached.
The Blast from the Past is a clip from episode 314 and is just the segment where Aprilian interviews Necronomican, also known as Necro Bob. I was so surprised to hear how similar his voice was to his "audio drama" submissions!
Take care everyone, and remember for those of you observing the eclipse to observe safely and DO NOT LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE ECLIPSE (unless you have special glasses).
Greetings CAW Crew,
Attached is my audio for this week with a few added sound effects even though I had to record on my phone again.
Anyway, more creative ones to come in the future.
For the Horde,
For a week on holiday.
Now I be your expecting something truly mind melting after a title like that and I have to say nope that was abouut the full extent of my razor sharp wit this week its been truly ordinary
Big G Audio
Each week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.
You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Guild Updates: Saturday, August 12 through Friday, August 25
Last week’s 100’s / 110’s: Keillah, Matarena, Gotami, Constraxxele, Tumek
Newly exalted with one of the Clans of Darkness or Ctrl-Alt-WoWs, on Earthen Ring, Winterhoof or Wyrmrest Accord
Time Flies When You’re Having Fun: --- ---
Hey everyone - here are this week's guild updates - whee!
Guild Chat App - Discord
Trying a 24/7 chat app for guildies to join and just keep in contact and have chats with during IRL :) Also has a voice channel just like vent/mumble! And very easy to use! :)
The App is Discord - https://discord.gg/0gr8ON8GpXJQrJHy
And we have a CtrlAltWoW Server - so check out the link above for invite.