Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 305 - Groundhog Lunar Festival Day

http://ctrlaltwow.podbean.com/2013/01/30/ctrl-alt-wow-episode-305-groundhog-lunar-festival-day/
Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Hello CAW Darlings!  

We hope you're all doing GREAT in and out of game this week....we've had some fun and hope you enjoy our little audio!  Also, we hope Ashayo had a wonderful vacation, and that Jeppy is doing well (we miss him SO much!!!)  

/great big hugs & kisses!

Juuno & Pixiegirl

p.s. Juuno's The Art of Blizzard Entertainment book arrived today (it's like $44 on Amazon.com) and it is an absolutely gorgeous book!  *squeeeeeeee!*   

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Shhamaya dinged 88 and later that day so did Epril

In the Valley of the Four Winds, Ghost Iron and Green Tea over abundance
Doing my Imperial Silk every day, don’t know why.
Finally used 3 harmony things on JC
Made Ghost Iron Dragonling for Epril & Aprillian


Ashayo


Jeppy


Tedrah


Emails

Greetings oh great and lugubrious CaW crew, Apprillian, Ashayo, El Jeppy and Tedra. Its your dear long lost friends the Nekrobobs.

The missus and I, as you know, have been entertaining my dear old dad for the past six weeks. I was hoping, since I was on holiday, that I'd have plenty of time to play wow and record podcast segments but such was not to be. In his golden years my old dad has become quite the party animal, between trips to Hong Kong and the Philippines, late night gambling parties and exotic food binges, we've not had a moment to ourselves.  
Its been great fun having dear old dad here, he's a total hoot and we love him to bits and we're always sad to see him go. But as they say all good things must end and now dad is safe and sound back in his native Canada (that great frozen wasteland just north of America)
Goodness me but its so great to be back in the game. The only obvious side effect of being away so long was losing all our in game mail. Yes sorry Jeppy, but we lost thousands of ore, ingots and herbs and hundreds of miscellaneous bits of BOE gear and weapons. As a result my super sweet rocket mounts are that much further away (big sigh) On the upside all our toons have max rested XP :)

Please find our latest audio offering and a few screen shots of our poor toons trying to remember how to survive in the harsh, unforgiving land of Azeroth.

We love and miss you all and hope to see you in game soon,

and remember under love in forever…

Death by accidental flying dismount
(oops, thats a long way down)
Death by elevator malfunction
(thats what happens when you press all the buttons at once)

Death by accidental drowning
(oh yeah, forgot I can't breath under water.
Stupid Orc chef why can't you fetch your own clams)





And the most sad and painful of all...
Death by massive mail inventory loss!



My faltering return...


Good Morning CAW team,

I'm just writing to say hello again, and thank you for a couple reasons.
Firstly, I have taken a break from WoW and all MMO's for well over a year now. I'm just now starting my return to WoW. Largely in part due to the fact that I can play on my design laptop, which is a Mac. Not a lot of games run on that OS, albeit, more do now that they did in the past. Anyway, I had played WoW since Beta up until around the end of 2011. I decided to listen to C-A-W randomly while working the other day, and was instantly back to wanting to play.

After a long break, it appears the world of Azeroth has changed considerably since my days in the World. The pet battle system (ohmagawd! yes!) is really what brought me back for another look, and i'm loving it just to note. But the new talent system, character creation method, and other updates to the general game system seem to have made it a new game to me. Not to mention all the new content looks incredible.

The Pandas. I was shocked to find that I could create one without buying MoP, but had some content locked to my pre-xpac max level character, in addition to the level cap being unavailable without the xpac. I had expected the opposite. I wanted to see what you all thought of the choice Blizzard made here. Also, I was hoping you guys could spend a little time talking about the Monk class, and how it's playstyle fits into the groups, and what your thoughts in general on how it plays are. I'm mostly a solo player, and rarely participate in anything over a 5man, so i'm curious to see how they perform as a solo class.

Lastly, thank you for producing a great podcast! I've loved the episodes I've heard, and i'm currently working on catching up. I have an hour commute to and from work, and work as a Web Developer, so I have plenty of time to listen, and should be caught up quickly! Keep up the great work, and I hope to see some of you in game soon! I'm starting my new Panda on Earthen Ring.

Thanks again,

Dan - Acefisher1



Quick update from Razor70

Hello Aprillian, Ashayo, Jeppy and Tedrah,
Just thought I would send in a quick update about what has been going on with me in WoW of late.  Finally got my main Tayja to level 90 and have been running dailies so far, haven’t gotten into dungeons yet, but it is on my list for things to accomplish soon.
Also this week, I am finally going to get going on getting all the Lunar Festival achievement done.  It’s something that I haven’t really been in a big rush to do the last few years, but I am getting so close to getting What a Long Strange Trip It’s Been done, and this is one of the ones that I need to finish for that.  Looking forward to getting my mount off that achievement.
Finally got around to joining Clan of Darkness this weekend and really enjoying my time there so far.  Been a long time listener of the show and have always heard all the talk about the guild, sent in a few emails awhile back, but never got around to joining you all till now.  My Goblin Elemental Shaman Sili is really enjoying his time with you all, and looks forward to being a member of the guild for years to come.  I was a bit star-struck when I joined and saw all of you from the podcast playing the other night (Epril, Shhamaya, Everrose, Penelope and others) and wanted to thank you all for being so kind and welcoming to me so far.  You all rock!
Well that’s about it for this update, hopefully I will have more news about my other alts next week.  Also, if I get brave enough, I hope to send in a voice mail to accompany my email next week.  For the Horde..For the Alliance..and for Clan of Darkness!
Razor70..aka..Tayja...aka...Eric
Sent from Windows Mail



CtrlAltWoW 305 Update 05/2013

Hello CAW crew,

this week it's really going to be a short e-mail, due to lack of playtime.
I did some Lunar Festival achievements some pet battles and some work on my professions.
That's basically all i did.
I would like to say how happy i am that Ashayo is back, and i hope he had a great time at the beach,
man i wished i could do 2 weeks at the beach too, though.... that would mean i couldn't play WoW...,
now let me re-think that wish for some time, well anyway, it's nice that Ashayo is back, and i hope
ElJeppy is on the road to recovery again, we need that dude on the show too!!

Best whishes,
Grand Nagus

P.S.: To all our Aussie friends on the east-coast: Hang in there, I hope you guys get through
all the bad weather and the flooding coming with it, as well as the fires that are still not
extinguished around the country, All the best to you


Honoring the Elders

Hello to everyone at Ctrl-Alt-WoW!

As always, I hope everyone's having a great week.  This morning Everrose hit lvl 600 in jewelcrafting, and got the Jack of All Trades achievement. She'll have a little something to say about that in next week's audio, but for this week, Voltandra has been taken by the spirit of honoring the elders, and has put together the attached to share with you.  Enjoy (and please forgive her actual singing near the end - I haven't had the heart to tell her that she'd be much better off speak-singing...)!  

-Voltandra's player
@rogueslayer1



I dinged 80

Sorry no audio this week haven’t really had anything major happen in or out of game. Went to the pub the other night and saw the new tom cruise movie it wasn’t that bad. Hope to have more to report this upcoming week.
For the horde
For the Alliance
For the sandgroper
And for getting to have something to report next week seeya  
Big G


Hello CAW Crew

No Audio this week, I promise a new one for next week though! No clue what yet.

Archeaology: I leveled Malmuria's (my alliance paladin main)
Archeaology up to 525, then got Nokomis (Morgaines Rogue) to 525. Then
together (which doesnt actually help at all) we flew across up and
down the Jade Forest and powered out out BoA Archaeology items. We
both finished up with the amazing looking Umbrella and the itemlevel
463 Agility Spear (which can be used at level 85, Wowsers!) and I got
my Quilen statue trinket and Morgaine finished up her training dummy
item. Then I flew off to the seat of Knowledge and finish training up
to 600. I definitely suggest that method of Archealogy to get the
items.

Got my alliance monk to level 85. Sent her the BoA Spear, and upgraded
it to Itemlevel 471, and at level 85 my monk does more damage then my
Paladin whose been gearing up throughout the expansion. I then got my
horde monk up to level 25. I really love the monk playstyle.
Brewmaster is fun alliance side and "Fistweaving" is fun horde side
(melee healing is fun and new!)

Getting my alliance monk to 85, means once again I have leveled every
class to 85 alliance side. I will definitely be aiming to get them all
to 90 before the end of the expansion.

Morgaine got her alliance panda mage to level 20. Yay Turtle mounts! A
nice purple turtle to match the purple highlights in her hair!

Anyways thats our week in WoW

For the Horde, For the alliance, For the dig dig diggers!

Wren And Morgaine



Clan of Darkness

Hey Gang! here is this weeks audio! You all are AWESOME!!!!
Donnie
-

No comments:

Post a Comment