Sunday, November 9, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 394 - #BlizzCon2014

Recorded Sunday, November 9, 2014
Show Feed: http://ctrlaltwow.podbean.com/e/ctrl-alt-wow-episode-394-blizzcon2014/
Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Hello darlings!!! It's late here...but I made sure to record something just for you! Blizzcon was amazing!

\great big giant hugs!!!

Juuno...and...Ogre! 😃

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

HS394.jpg
Can only upgrade one client.
Hearthstone
Macworld journey, feeling

Leeta

1/ Toy Hunting
Hit 100 toys!
Toys.png
Get addon ToyBoxQ - awesome help with finding toys and keeping track!
2/ Glory of the Cataclysm Raider
WoWScrnShot_110214_171952.jpg
Cho’gall Downed!!
WoWScrnShot_110214_172513.jpg
Smexy mount! Love these colors!
Reins of the Drake of the East Winds   http://www.wowhead.com/item=62901
3/ DMF
Took 17 toons through this month.
Druid - hit 600 Alchemy
Warlock No5? ;) - Lvl65
Pally - Lvl42
Druid No2 - Lvl66
Jeremy has bought his distant cousin to DMF town…
Christoph VonFeasel   http://www.wowhead.com/npc=85519
Syd the Squid is the pet from his bag!  http://www.wowhead.com/item=116064
And a reminder that Jeremy’s bag can drop Darkmoon Eye! http://www.wowhead.com/item=91040
Managed to get a team to beat him also!
Now they are both Weasels!! No pets! :(
WoWScrnShot_110414_214458.jpg
Jeremy is trying to hide from me!!
And Blizzard added another fun thing at DMF!!! Flaming Rings!!
Flamey Wings.png
New Achievements!!
WoWScrnShot_110814_104753.jpg
Flaming Rings of Awesome Fun!!
WoWScrnShot_110414_212549.jpg
I’ve Got Wings!!
Then Ashayo and I decided we’d have abit of fun!
WoWScrnShot_110414_213053.jpg
Lichie has Broken Wings!! (Kinda ironic really - lol)
WoWScrnShot_110414_213309.jpg
Take these broken wings… And learn to fly again, learn to live so free!
4/ Archy
Been Dig, Dig, Digging!
Working on the last lot of Panderia achievements with solving Archy items!
5/ BlizzCon
  • Overwatch
  • Warcraft Movie
  • WoW Q & A
  • Hearthstone - Goblins & Gnomes Expansion
  • World of Warcraft - Looking For Group Documentary
  • WoW Arena matches
  • Heroes of the Storm - Deep Dive - found that very interesting!
  • Metallica :D AWESOME!!!
I loved every minute of this years BlizzCon!!

Rogueslayer

Millri (elemental orc shaman)
  • 62 - 74
  • Mining Adamantium and Khorium fragments in Outlands. Prev only saw that in Pandaria. Nice not being taunted by ore…
  • And can turn knothide leather scraps into knothide leather (a la borean leather scraps)
  • Let’s Do Lunch: Undercity
  • Medium Rare (Outland rares)
  • Hills Like White Elekk
  • I always forget the friggin’ felsworn gas mask has a shelf life until I get there and it’s gone…
  • Played an ironman toon during server restart - miss them!
In Game Goody.jpegGrommloc.png
  • I wish I could get a season pass for the DMF portal.  Yes, yes, take the 10 damn silver (20 at 70)!
  • I friggin’ saw a druid flying around at DMF. WTF?
  • Off to Northrend on Election Day
  • Immediately got Artisan Flying at level 70 -no forgetting!  The Right Stuff
  • Grounded then updated:
Updates Hijinx.png
Marcia Chase Got Maged.png
  • Explore Borean Tundra while picking up flight points
  • No HP at level for Grizzly Hills PVP quests either
  • BLIZZCON!!!
  • the story of Frank


Emails



For blizzcon and the feline familar


I know it's been awhile Since I could stand On my own two feet again And it's been awhile Since I could call you. and its now time for my audio
Big G


Blah
So, the last audio I sent I was in a hurry and didn't put anything into the email and it never got played. :(  so here's email text pleeeeeeeeeese play my audio this time?

-rain




Sent from my iPhone


Blizzcon 14
From Tiber:
Greetings Tedrah, Rogueslayer, Leetah, and Aprillian,
My ears are ringing, my feet hurt, and my phone is dead so this must have been a good Blizzcon.  Truly, I have been lucky enough to go to two Blizzcons in  a row now, and I had a really good time again.  The only thing that could have made it better, is if all of you could have been here too... (and a big WoW announcement, I would have liked one of those also).

I'll admit to feeling let-down by the Overwatch announcement.  Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it will be a good game, that I'll play it, and that I'll like it.  BUT... when Chris Metzen was building up to reveal it, he talked about A Whole New Kind Of Game!  My imagination raced, as I tried to guess what new game experience Blizzard had invented for us!   ... a first person shooter?  I think that's been done already.  But hey, everyone who tried it, said it's good, and it isn't even in beta yet.

I play, and enjoy most Blizzard games, but what I really care about is World of Warcraft.  I know many of you had the Virtual ticket, and you probably didn't see much WoW on it this year.  On the ground here though, even without any WoW specific announcements, World of Warcraft was still very present throughout the convention.  Except for some of the Starcraft II players, there is a feeling that everybody at the show plays WoW.

A lot of the cool stuff that happens at Blizzcon happens outside the convention.  I saw Silver Letomi perform some of her World of Warcraft songs live on Thursday, and attended a live recording of The Instance Saturday.  Along with seeing Juuno and Ogre, I met Russel Brower, Strumpet, KimMolly, Kevin Old-Scratch, Kelp Keeper Walsh, Skolnick, Noxychu and Glaargon, and Moogyver.  I also watched the Looking For Group-documentary with AIE, and had the peculiar experience of seeing some of the people on the screen in front of me, in the room with me.  I can see why some of the California people just come down without a ticket, and do WoW social stuff without attending the show.

Coming to Blizzcon was a matter of both luck, and serious financial choice for me.  These have been very special days here, and I hope all of you can experience this some day.

For the Blizzcon!
Tiber


Blizzcon BlizzCon 2014 Recap
Grand Nagus







Clan of Darkness Guild Updates


10/31 - 11/8

10
Eedie
60

20
Eedie
70
Tamadin
30

80
Drgaves
Grumarik
Tamadin
40
Tschengtsu
85
Drgaves
Tamadin
50
Gheena
90
Mattarina
Drgaves
Boombass
Iceflare
Tamadin


Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Gheena

Shout Outs & Thank You

Grand agus
Thanks Dwayne Fletcher - Stepping up as human beings.

No comments:

Post a Comment