Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 184 - Brewmaster Everybody

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

From Juuno:

Yay! I had to get this done early because we're going to a zombie exhibit at a museum tonight, and we're volunteering at an animal thing all day tomorrow... gar!  Anyway, I hope everyone's doing great!  =D
 
*big hugs*
 
Juuno

Can we avoid talking about Cata 12/7/10 or 600 member guild cap? NOPE! That's what the rock stars call 'content' :)

What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

Easiest Title Ever!

Some converted gnomes turn into bunnies instead.

Took Trexrar into LFG. Did RFC 2 times at level. Took Elyte into a random to get better gear

Went to transfer Tøp from inactive RAF account on Winterhoof to ER to be big sister to my alliance toons. Found out she was guild leader

Was in Halls of Reflection when there was a glitch, relogged, was still there but unpartied.

"You are in the Wrong Zone" Error

Doing VH, kicked again because I told the tank to chill after he complained about my DPS. I mean no one was dying.


Aprillian & Vrishna

Gål riding on Elyte's rocket. Elyte summoned and Gål shows up. Did Steamvault and got to first boss. (FINALLY !   whew !)

Vrishna

The twins are on to Darkshire and Stranglethorn Vale. Why are the quests in BootyBay that lead to Stranglethorn SOOO deadly to the toons that can accept them. I'm telling you, those quests on the southern end of the Vale are WAY tough !  Doing some exploration and got around to Ironforge. Found all the quests for Gnomeregan and had to go as I was about to out-level it. Hence the twins coming out of seclusion and asking Aprillian to game with me again ! So the twins join CAW on Winterhoof and the family gaming re-commences !  Completed 250 Quests while turning in quests for Gnomeregan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtYyfrlSRBI

Ashayo

Brewfest
- Jekle got shanker and mace in one bag, and ram and kodo in one bag
- Asheal - got [Greedy] achievement

- Remote : Asheal,
- Tankard : Hiide, Ashayo
- Kodo : Shadowthrone, Asheal

Crazy Train
- Really getting the hang of defile and valk now - 40%
- A night of being beaten by the lag boss


DwP
- Heroic Saurfang after a few false starts
- Now clearing to Lich King. Working on Sindy - stuck at 10%, beaten by lag boss
- RS - one shot Halion
- Sarth 3D ; gratz to Sigurn on mount

Weekly
- Sarth 3D on Jekle ; gratz to Nikkto on mount. (Lost with a 94)

Misc
- Glaciuss his 75 in Dragonblight. What do I do with frostfire bolt?
- Hardest quest in game? "The Storm King's Vengeance" - kill Thrym
- Questing in Hinterlands - forgot about good group - mobs seem plentiful

- Very entertaining conversation with someone who wanted to be Gerped into AIE

Jeppy

Beta

Hogger gets banged up!

Heroic battle of Westfa

Flying in Old World NEVER GETS OLD!

Missing addons though - especially Ark inventory.

Started a Goblin - stopped at level 5. The feet are freaky!

Ran non heroic Dead Mines. Lots of nice changes

Differences between EU and US Brewfest. No Pink Elek or Wolpertinger hunt on EU

Mario got the kodo.

Emails


Email #A from Iceflow

Hello Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna, and Jeppy,

Iceflow, here, writing another email although I hope this one won't be as long.  I wrote a previous email but I forgot a huge huge huge piece of news!  So just disregard the last email.  I hope everything is well with all of you.  I am continuing to get caught up on the podcasts and I'll be delighted to hear my emails read when i finally hear them.  I'm up to episode 178 so I'm going along at a steady pace.

I've been having fun on WoW even though other games (Final Fantasy XIV) are threatening to take my gaming time away.  I've been doing Coren Direbrew on all four of my 80s everyday and the only mount of gotten is on my level 80 priest Iceprayer.  She got a Brewfest Kodo.  Too bad I hardly play her anymore.

I thought I was done with Brewfest achievements since my main, Iceflow, already got the achievement drake but I had missed drinking one of the beer of the months back in July so I missed out on the Brew of the Month achievement.  So I had to work to get 200 brewfest tokens to buy the membership again for this year. I finished that last night and I'm done with brewfest events except for Coren since that only takes a couple of minutes for each toon.

Caoboi received another Brewfest Ram on a toon that already had it.  I told him to spread the love.

My 25 man raid team, Not In The Face, is trying to kill the Lich King again for other members and we got so close last night.  The closest we got was 19%.  We'll be at it again next week.

The big news that you all have been waiting for (or maybe not.)  My ten man raid group Not In The Face finished the raiding meta achievement by killing the Lich King on the Second try while completing the achievement on him. That earned us the Reins of the Bloodbathed Frostbrood Vanquisher.  It's an awesome bone drake that looks just like a smaller version of Chillmaw (or Chillymaw for Aprillian).  And one little detail that was so cute, it has a hoop earring in it's left ear.  Crazy huh?  So I can truly say I have beat the game (for now anyway).

I'm eager to play on the Winterhoof Server again.  My hunter and Caoboi's priest are in need of playing.  Maybe I can find time to play this weekend.

I'm very excited about Cataclysm and I hope you all are too.  I love how the game continues to be fresh to me.

I hope to see you all in game.

Iceflow


Email #1 Agruvona

Hello CAW peoples:

I just had to write about Juno's segment in ep 183 where she tells about the hunter macro she uses which combines lots of things into one button, including "assist tank," "petattack" and casting Hunter's Mark.

I had a macro just like this and it's great as long as you're grouping with normal tanks, or you know how your tank does business.  But then came the day when I pugged with a tank who hit his TAB key 50 times a second and my one-click macro had my pet running all over, attacking things that weren't even in the fight.  In fact on several occasions I ended up sending my pet after mobs we had yet to reach because the tank was targeting mobs ahead of us even as finished a fight.

Believe me, it got to be a real mess.

So what I did is write one macro to "assist tank" and cast Hunter's Mark, then I LOOK to make sure what the heck I'm targeting before I send the pet anywhere.  I have a second macro that tells the pet to attack and it also starts my bow shooting.

[[[And how dare that pug kick the lovely and awesome Aprillian.  What a bunch of FAIL-tards!!!!]]]

Good hunting  :>

"Agruvona of Terokkar"


Email #2 Kephas

Dearest C.A.W. Crew,

As a new listener of the podcast, I just want to share with you how much I enjoy listening to you guys discuss WoW. It is a delight to hear all the stories from people doing all sorts of things in game. Major props to you guys for what you do for the community. Allow me to share a little about my WoW experience.

I have been playing Warcraft for about four years. My main is Kephas, a level 80 paladin in AiE. I recently obtained Shadow's Edge with the help of my 25 man raid team, "Kick 'em in the ding ding." I recently started tanking and am now tanking an ICC 10 man, "Rockin' the Faceroll" and a 10 man Ulduar team, "Nonsense and Shenanigans." I love all my teams and the folks I run with are awesome! On the side, I've been achievement hunting. I recently finished Loremaster and was able to farm up Timbermaw and Cenarion Circle rep in the process.

I am a grade A altaholic. I have 8 80s and a 68 all on Earthen Ring and all in AiE. (The officers love me.) I plan to get my 68 rogue to 80 before Cata rolls out. Once Cata hits I plan to roll a goblin shaman.. If that's not enough for you, I am looking for a home for my alliance army of dwarves and worgen. Winterhoof looks appealing...hmm.

I have been visually impaired since birth. In spite of my limitations, it's not all bad. I get to do a lot of volunteer work for the community and I get to play a lot of video games. Mostly video games. :D Gaming is a perfect fit for me. When I started playing wow, I realized that I would need to find ways to help me play the game. For starters, the font was way too small for me. This problem led me to the discovery of addons and I've been finding new ways to improve my UI ever since. On top of that, I play the game with an Xbox 360 controller. I know it sounds crazy, but it works great! But the greatest help comes from the people I play with. I owe a lot to the AiE community and friends I've made in game for always being there to help me. People are a great asset and I would not have made it this far without their help.

Thanks for listening to my story.

~Kephas of AiE

Email #3 Kedehyrn

Brilliant show, recent alt-aholic

Dear CTRL ALT WOW crew, Apprillian, Ashayo, Jeppy and Vrishna! This is Kedehyrn on the US Zanagarmarsh server. I’ve been an avid listener since episode 174 and love your show! I just finished listening to Episode 183 and was pleased to hear my review read out on the show!

I’m slowly becoming an Alt-alholic since my first toon a Ret Pally dinged 80 back in July from just questing. I even got the 1000 quest achievement! After puging endless heroics and as I hadn’t run more than a couple dungeons before 80 + 1 or 2 battle grounds and miss a lot of other stuff I made some alts. Currently have a level 26 undead lock, a level 60 Orc DK and the other day made a B.Elf Shadow Priest.

Anyway, loving the show even more so since my itunes review back around episode 178, keep up the good work folks!

For the Horde and for CTRL ALT WoW!

P.S. Kedehyrn is from original Welsh Celtic language spelt ce’ed hern meaning “Battle Lord”.  

P.P.S. Apprillian was the first podcaster to not stumble on my toon name :D

P.P.P..S. also a regular listener of BOE and The Addicted.

Kedehyrn of “Cause For Concern”guild and my alts of “The Relentless” guild.


(there was a merge for people’s mains & 80s to increase raid running availability)


Email #4 Songofreedom - Staghelm

Hello Ctrl Alt WoW,

         First off I'd like to say I LOVE the podcast, It's by far my favorite. I cannot level with the in game music so I always have a podcast on. Anyways I stumbled across an older show  called "How I WoW" and listened to all the old episodes and to my surprise I heard April on it. It was nice hearing how she started and all the other games she played before WoW. Well, here is my question to you all. How do you deal with so many alts? I've got a few myself but I lose all interest in them when I start a new one, and when I try to go back to play them I forget what I'm doing and get put off from playing them so they end up collecting dust. Also is there any zone you hate but always end up leveling in? Like for me I HATE the Dustwallow Marsh but there are so many quests in a small area I cannot skip it. 

Well back to questing for me and I just wanted to thank you all for making these shows. (I also checked out that Bind On Equip podcast you all talk about and must say I really enjoyed it, but your podcast Is sooo much better) 




Email #5 Crozey

How yooooou doin'? hehehe


Yoyoyoyoyoyo Ctrl-Alt WoW Crew

Hope you’re all shiny guys.

Firstly, a big thanks to Ashayo for reading out my email a couple of
months ago. That saw me promoted to officer in my guild which was
super fun… for about three weeks! Then there was a bit of a guild bust
up all over Real ID (can you believe that?) and so I decided to take
my multiboxing madness over to a PvP realm for some peace and quiet.

Anyhoo. I started multiboxing five different classes from scratch
about two months ago and they’ve now made the dizzy heights of the mid
sixties. Its great fun questing and doing instances at level (just
done the slave pens) and I’m getting to see a lot of Outland content I
haven’t seen before which is excellent. I’m a bit of a quiet player,
preferring to get lost in my own world as opposed to being part of a
big guild and so I started up my own guild ‘House of Rhonin’ with a
membership of just me, me, me, me and oh yes me!

So I have a couple of questions. Firstly to my fellow potato, Jeppy.
Do you multibox on a PvP server mate and if so, if you see an opposite
faction character do you happily pummel them with all your toons that
you’re playing? Its weird, I’ve always felt like I have an unfair
advantage and so don’t tend to attack single alliance toons (other
than one dude the other day when my five toons ran past him and he
started doing the chicken dance at me! What could I do???)?

 The second question is to Verishna. You doing much end content with
your level 80 mate?

Oooo and one last question. Do you have a Ctrl-Alt WoW guild set up on
the EU realms? If so it would be fab if I could join up. I have to
admit I’m twitterless so am hoping an email is sound.

Thanks guys for your amazing podcast, I always really enjoy listening
to all of you. Take care and stay shiny

Crozey
Aka. Quortothious, Bladefist EU

 P.S sorry for the wall of text!

P.P.S Thought this would make a good prize for a fellow listener. Let
me know who wins it and I’ll send it out to them when its released:

World of Warcraft: The Shattering: Prelude to Cataclysm [Hardcover]

http://www.amazon.co.uk/World-Warcraft-Shattering-Prelude-Cataclysm/dp/1416550747/ref=pd_rhf_shvl_3


Email #6 Whofirst

Hello fellow altoholics,
Just want to start off by thanking you for taking the time to make such a great podcast.  I am glad that you have decided to stay with a longer than normal show as it really helps my time at work fly-by.
I was listening to the last show and had to laugh when the topic of in game drinking was brought up.  I was healing a 25 icc run on my druid when a player dropped a keg of ale.  I clicked on it several times not realizing that my screen was getting fuzzy.  The next thing I know I see all these blurs running to Rot to start the fight.  I found that I could not run in a straight line and not see anyone or really anything on my screen. Some how we managed to down him with only a few deaths.  Guess know I know I need to build up my ingame tolerance.
I know that everyone on the show has at least dual boxed and I have also tried it.  I thought it was fun and continue to do it.  I just want to bring up an issue that I recently had when running an icc 10.  I am part of a small guild that has about 12 people in it.  We had a raid setup for wed but only 6 people could make it from the guild so we decided to pug a tank and 3 dps that we needed.  We found enough to fill the spots and started the raid.  The tank that we got had a 6k gs and was a kingslayer and had a friend that he wanted to raid with us.  The friend had a 5k gs and had a very similar name to the tank.  We questioned him about dual boxing and he said that he was 2 people.  We kept track of the 2 and found that the 2 were infact the same.  Of course he denied this. He was kicked from the raid but we were unable to find another tank to continue.  The night was a waste and now everyone is locked because of that idiot.  I wish people would be smarter about when to dual box so that everyone that doesn't get a bad name.  Do you think it pays to talk to his guild leader? I would just like to get your thoughts on it.
I have several alts on many different servers and planning to make one on Winterhoof.  I am interested in joining your guild and will look you up sometime.
Thanks for all that you do.
Whofirst 80 Druid tree/boomkin, whothought 80 Mage, Thunderhorn server and many alts on to many servers

Juuno's Lament


There are few who’d deny, at what they do they are the best
for their talents are renowned far and wide
When it comes to podcasting in the early morning light
they excel without ever even trying
With the slightest little effort of their Warcraft charms
all they say, to my ears, sounds so sweet
With World of  Warcraft chatter  and hilarious jokes
They have swept your little Juuno off her feet

Yet week after week, it’s the same routine
And I grow so weary of  waiting for Monday
And I, Juuno, of Korialstrasz
Have grown so tired of hiding my dismay

Oh somewhere deep inside of these bones
An emptiness began to grow
Only two and a half hours of Control Alt Wow
I must get more somehow

She’s a master of comedy,  the diva of altaholics                                         
And Aprillian is tres sexy but not smutty
Vrishna is her man and he doesn’t kill bunnies
He can be serious as a heart attack or nutty

And Ashayo is the meat, the grit of the show
He’s a delicous truck load of Awesomesauce
Yet no animal nor man, can sound like Jeppy can
With that voice and manner he is simply boss.

But who here would ever understand
That their number one fan-girl with the constant smile
Would tire of waiting, if they only understood
She’d listen every day if she only could

Oh there’s an empty place in my ipod
That calls out for even more Control Alt Wow
I’ve  listened to all the episodes from last year
But it’s not enough to stop these tears


Shout Outs & Thank You

Mini Mini Mini Moments

Hello all,
I have to confess :(
I have been, oh sooo bad!
I have not been paying any attention to wow at all as Civilization V has consumed my life! over 20 hours of it so far in just 2 weeks.

For that and for the coming weeks I do have to apologize.

I know I will get back to wow one of these days,  I did actually log in once this week, hope that counts :o

I will send you an email soon with good content but now I must get back to mocivilization as they may revolt!
And the Germans, English, and others are coming after my land!

For the Civilization!


--
Mo

iTunes Reviews




Shout Out on The Addicted Cast

Leralond EU Server: Azjul Nerub from the netherlands

Hi guys,
Leralond again, the past donation was aimed at hypno, the donation of this friday is for cypher. now go and get your gamecard and play WoW Cypher! and keep up the great show! greetings, Leralond EU  server  Azjul Nerub ps: All hail to the noble Vrishna



No comments:

Post a Comment