Monday, July 25, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 226 - Hey Lich King, thanks for waiting for me

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.


What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

AH prices for Cata Ore has inspired Epril to head to new places to find ore
And Rhino meat prices sent Auruk to K3
Mon morning - Epril is 2 bubbles/bars from being exalted with CoD
Still want to get AstarĂ¥ to 85, took her to Vashir and then Deepholm
Quint boxed Kraken Fri morn

Epril ran some dungeon with some people and got some title.


Black Rock Cavern


bought cata JC plans for Epril

Can run with Prilly on Jub Jub using Real ID

Aprillian & Vrishna

Problem

Vrishna



Ashayo


Jeppy


Emails



Nexbardus of Earthen Ring & Winterhoof

Hello CAW crew,

Thanks for another great show. I thought I would start off this week telling you a little bit about myself. I have lived in the Atlanta area for over 20 years but I am originally from Kansas City. I have a wife and two daughters, my daughters are 9 and 5. My wife jokingly refers to WoW as World of Warcrap but she is generally tolerable of my playing and I mostly try to play when she is at work or busy. My daughters both like to use the character creation screen to make toons but otherwise haven't played the game at all. I work for the school system so I get a decent amount of time off whenever school is out. I can't really believe it but I have been playing WoW since May of 2005. I have seen many friends leave the game but I am still as addicted to WoW as ever, and I am having a lot of fun as part of the Clan of Darkness and Ctrl Alt Wow guilds.

So what have I been up to this week? On Earthen Ring, Nexbardus the Shaman leveled from 40 to 65. I completed the Western Plaguelands, there are some quests there involving a Druid named Zen'kiki whose shapeshifting is out of control. It is a pretty funny and interesting questline. I then moved on to Felwood, Winterspring and Silithis as I hadn't experienced them since Cataclysm came out. Felwood has a fun quest where you raise a tree from sapling to one of the elders which becomes part of Irontree woods and an interesting questline where you help Illidan. In Winterspring I was viciously attacked by a rabbit and had no choice but to defend myself. OK someone may have mentioned it already but as part of a quest called "Altered Beasts" there are actually some rabbits that will try to kill you. But also when you are fighting them they morph into other forms so no worries. Silithis is pretty boring but I did have a Disgusting Oozeling drop off a worm there, first time that has happened for me since I have been playing WoW. I popped over to Blasted Lands at 59 but left for Outlands as soon as I hit 60. I was actually able to level from 60 to 64 just by questing in Hellfire Peninsula, I dont even have any gathering professions as this toon is Enchanting/Tailoring and I am missing the Helm/Cloak/& Ring Heirlooms as well. So Blizzard has definitely made it faster to level through Outlands and hopefully Northrend as well. Also, I teamed up with McStabbity to take down Arazzius the Cruel for the quest "Cruel Intentions" which made it easy and fun. Thanks McStabbity.
I then headed over to Zangarmarsh and ended up at level 65 for the week.

Over on Winterhoof I was able to level Nexbardus the Hunter from 48 to 50 in Felwood. Not much else to say but Nevik was on and gave me a promotion up to Fantastic Fan. So Thank you Nevik.

Everybody have fun, see you in game, Nexbardus



Submission for July 24

Hola CAW crew,

We hope that everyone is having a good week, in and out of the game. Here is our audio submission for the week, and yes, that is Dreams talking!

For the Horde!
Kithore and InMyOwnDreams of Earthen Ring, Dragonblight, and CoD



What's up caw

So I finally transferred a character to earthen ring and in to COD.  I was sitting in front of the computer for nearly an hour trying to decide which to transfer.  My priest who I enjoy piping and healing?  My warrior that is a blast on dps?  My pally that is fun tanking with?  My mage, hunter or rogue which are kinda fun?  Ugh....after all that time I just did a random roll to then get my priest over there. Now I miss my pally sooooooo probably going to have to transfer another hehe.
Well I guess I am off to work on COD rep now.  Hopefully I can get into a few guild runs this weekend. Not having any luck with time this week. Adios Caw.

Neph 85 discipline priest. CLAN OF DARKNESS. EARTHEN RING


SUBMISSIONS 6 (Maximumforce)

Hey guys, this week will be a little funny as I've had to swap a few things around to compensate for last week's
little mishap where my submission wasn't actually used! So this week I'm submitting lasts and this weeks. Enjoy :)

Hey there fellas!
Since my last aired submission, quite a bit of stuff has happened and there has been some big happenings since I
got my 359 bow! I will jump straight into it and I apologise in advance if this one is a little short as I'm
writing this before my last submission was actually aired and don't want to get mixed up!

In the way of my hunter, he has had quite a few nice little upgrades! He has, as mentioned, been getting into raids
and more hardcore dungeons recently as his power has climbed and my rotation has actually changed. The biggest and
probably most important changes this week has been the fact that I have modified my talent tree for Marksman, got
quite a few new Glyphs to support my new changes and made several macros which will simply make my hunter attempt
to get an Autoshot in before the skill starts for every drop of extra DPS he can put out. At the moment with these
changes and pulling out all my cooldowns I can hit 14-16k single target dps and up to 16-18k aoe!
In other hunter news, I managed to get my first Valour Point bracers! Of course these bind on equip things made
dollar signs pop up and I promptly sold them for 13k but pulled out my savings and bought me a much needed upgrade
to my 333 staff and went all out to buy my 378 polearm called the Ransuer of Hatred which then copped a +130
agility enchantment! Money well spent. On top of this, in a recent raid through Baradin Hold, I managed to score a
384 belt (unfortunately PvP) but I reforged this until I can get Honored Rep in the Avenger's of Hyjal to enable
me to buy my 378 PvE belt! At the moment, I am simply doing Heroics on him to get the Valour Points for my 378
necklace!

On the rest of my toons, the most exciting thing I'd have to say happened was I bought my Shaman his shoulder
heirloom. I'm simply saving up at the moment for his chest slot and then I think I will have enough motivation to
knock him up a few more levels. Should be alot faster at that point!

This week I would like to ask you all a particularly interesting question! If someone came up to you in-game and
gave you 50k in gold, what would you buy/spend it on and why?

Hopefully next week I'll be in the swing of things again and it will be a better submission!

This has been Maximumforce for the Horde, for the death of the Alliance and for Apprillian's memory! (I'm only
joking! Much love! :))


Rigarmorty CAW 226 Audio message

Hi Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo and Eljeppy!

Attached is this weeks audio submission. Not too many fancy sound effects this week and having run out of wind-proof candles I've now moved onto hurricane lamps instead. Link to image of a hurricane lamp: http://www.faqs.org/photo-dict/phrase/1847/hurricane-lamp.html

Bits I forgot to include:
I'm now on Google+ which I'm quite liking so far. Actually, it's nice having it cause it ties in with all the other Google products I use.
Audio series, recording episode 10 at the moment.

Awsome hearing the other COD Anthem versions, Caoboi and IceFlow are awsome!

Cheers,

Rigarmorty



Great cooking tip

Greeting  Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy


C.C. The Disgruntled Warlock here.  


I have been a fan of your show for a long time and wanted to write in, but never had anything to say, until today.  I  was cleaning out my bank and stumbled across an old Argent Lance sitting around gathering dustNot being one to throw anything away, I wondered  what could I do with it.  My first thought was Dwarvish Lawn Darts, or Orcish marital aid, but no, way too dangerous. Then I  noticed a nearby player standing over a cooking fire, and it hit me.  Everyone loves to sit for hours and hours grinding cooking skills, there must be a better way.  So here is my tip for leveling up your cooking skill with fun and style. 


Step 1.  equip lance
Step 2.  find a good sized field
Step 3.  mount up,  ride around and skewer a number of different fruits and vegetables
Step 4. after every vegetable or fruit, skewer a rabbit
Step 5.  sprinkle with some  Northern Spices and cook (Tauren style)-- until done
Step 6. enjoy the fruit of your labor---- Yummy  Wabbit Kabob........(taste's way better than chicken)


Now you can't just stick a 10ft lance, covered in bunny and onions over any old cooking fire, so hop hop hop on down to Searing Gorge or Ungoro Crater and look for a good size lava pool to use.  Another thing  I found out, when trying to lance a little, fluffy, hopping ball of meat; always aim just under that cute little white cotton tail (they always seem stay on the lance better that way).

So there ya go-- follow my directions and faster than you can say "whats up doc?" you will be maxed out in cooking and have more "lucky key-chains" than you know what to do with..

P.S.  Everyone I know loved these cottontail candies so much, I now have stacks of  leftover tails. Do you think the Kithores would like use them to upholster there Cheeevvvy?

For the Depressed robots!

C.C. The Disgruntled Warlock










Shout Outs & Thank You

Momomoments......where's MO?!


Hello all,
hope everyone is doing well.
I did miss last weeks episode and I know you know that we know, wait let me say that again,
we say ninja episode jokingly of course.  We are at your disposal and glad to listen in when ever you are able to do the podcast and thank you for that.

My wow time has been minimal and I am sorry I have not been able to be on for guild events and runs.  It is partially because of work and life of course, and I do have to say because of other games.  
I love football and I have been playing NCAA games when I am not in wow and of course iphone and ipad games.

Grats to everyone and COD for all the leveling and achievements.  I forgot to mention last time that I was able to buy the guild paige I think that is his name, it looks like Thralls cousin or someone like Thrall :)
And today (saturday) I bought the tabard that allows you to hearth to org! I cant wait to see what else we can get from us leveling the guild and getting achievements.  Thank you to everyone for all your work and sorry Im just freeloading off of your work ;/

I have not started my raf yet but I will soon, just need to take care of life things first.  Yes at times life has to come first believe it or not.

I will leave you for now. Hope you are all having fun and great job COD!

For the freeloaders! I mean...for the people that allow me to get free things...
wait....
FOR THE COD!!!!

--
Mo


No comments:

Post a Comment