Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 223 - 99 Red Horde Balloons

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Auruk dinged 85. Did Tol Borad triple boxing.
Leveled cloth

Aprillian & Vrishna

Stormwind, stealing the flame is so much fun.
And the Noob says "You can't do quests in a raid". Bingo! Balloon quest.

We keep forgetting to talk about "Breakfast of Champions" so I figured we'd talk about it in a week we didn't do it.


Vrishna

Trishna is 27. Leveling professions whilst leveling a toon is great ! All in unrested xp, all in 1 week. Love heirlooms !

Ashayo

Firelands
- Into firelands on Jekle
- Can buy a 365 neck or ring pretty much off the bat

Ashayo/Asheal
- With Molly, Ragnaros' Reach annoying - bar empties if you die. Tells party members to go to different totems
- Kimmi couldn't ride me
- Can get into Firelands in one day now
- Can't use Sandstone Drake in firelands :(
- Loving being able to banish and not go into combat (eg to kick turtles)

Jekle:
  

Jeppy

Much slower week.

Restocking after the 4.2 sellorama.

Volatiles getting cheaper especially fire/earth with the mass killing of elementals in Firelands

Elementium when made hard sells! 

Belfish hit 85 and is now doing Firelands and TB dailies with Wight. Hardest daily to do is healing the fallen druids.

HaiBai leveling enchanting hit several no stock blocks so spent a day running through instances. These included Stratholme and the Hellfires on normal and heroic. Lots of cloth very few greens!

PvPing to get the new vicious gladiator set on Wight and Belfish. Lots of fun for 2 hunters, Lots of HKs.

Achievements for Wight

* Exalted with The Guardians of Hyjal / Justly rewarded (30000 quest gold) 
* Finished all the fire festival / Torch Juggler hurt my wrist! [The Flame Keeper]

Emails



Maximumforce Weekly Audio Submission - Music Question

On episodes Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 222 - RAF-arama, I wanted to ask Maximunforce music where did he get it from? My question for you all is do you guys/gals use something to transcript all of the podcast notes if not what software do you all use?
Thanks
Zak


Contest and a Howdy

Howdy CaW crew. Bloodfalcon here. First off, I'd like to thank you folks for an entertaining show. I've been listening for a long time (150 shows listened to and growing). Keep up the great work. Now off to the meat of this mailing of the electronic kind. 
Altoholic info incoming, so get your hard hats on.
 Looking at my list of alts I see many. On my home server (Gilneas) and what I call my home faction (Alliance) I have 7 85s: Mage, Shaman, Warlock, Rogue, Druid, Paladin, and Warrior. After that: in order to fill up my character slots on this server I have a 84 and a half Hunter, a 72 and a quarter-ish Priest, and a 65 and whatever Death Knight. Funny thing though. When wrath came out, I was apart of a "Race a Death Knight to 80" in my guild. After 2 months I got mine to 80 first, but funny enough I killed it a month after that when I realized I was neglecting my other characters due to DKs being way over powered at the time. Though I don't play on a RP server, I always have some kind of story for them, and I swear all my toons haunted me in my dreams screaming "Why man? Whyyyyyy? What have we done to be neglected? Did we not pwn like you asked? Did we not ding like you liked? Shelf that DK and come back to us! We beg of you!!"  Yea I guess I get a little TO into my toons.  Oh well.
Oh yea, I have a few low levels floating on 2 other servers due to friends asking me to hop on their server and play with them.  I may purge them since those friends have moved on.
Anyways to get past all this, lets get onto some interesting stuff eh? I'd love to join your guild so I'll be popping onto your server and say hi.  I've been wanting to see the horde side of things since I've been an Alliance member for so long (I started 4 months after release), but I never could find a cool sounding crew to run with, and since my home server is full I have to go on my own to another server. 
I'm a pretty laid back guy. I used to be a real Hardcore Player back in Vanilla, but after my life changed due to my wife leaving me I changed my tune.  I realized that I may have gotten a little to into the game and cut back a lot of my playing. Fortunately my current girlfriend won't take any funny business from a game, so she has no problem knocking me upside my head (lovingly of course) if I log a little to much time in game. Fortunately I haven't had that issue since I promised myself that I would quit for good if I ever did forget what my first love is: Her.
Well that it for now. Here's hoping I add to your fun and zaniness. Who knows? I may do an audio submission next since I know how much you all love others filling out your show, I mean hearing from your listeners.  See you all in game. Laters!

Bloodfalcon
(Murlocs. WoW's version of gremlins. Just add water and you've got hundreds. Where the heck is Gizmo at when ya need him?)

clan of darkness

hi there this is littlebratt, i have been wanting to thank you for helping me with lunar elder in utgarde keep. my friend lamongelo listens to your pod cast all the time also, when i told him you helped me he said no way, then it was so funny at work one day he was listening and you mentioned helping me and i was on my speckled pony it was so cool, i am starting a new toon called mefree and would like to join the clan of darkness . list to you all the time and thanks again for all your help, FOR THE HORDE, littlebratt

Maximumforce's submission


This week is in and Firelands has hit! Here's this week's submission. Very nearly didn't get it in because our
internet provider in my rental place was doing server upgrades which knocked us out for 4 days!
Sorry if I sound a little out of it, I had a couple of Rums tonight and just for fun, I've attached a picture of me
with my current companion who has been out since Nobelgarden at the girlfriend's request!! :D Lets do it!

Hey fellas! As you've probably read, I almost didn't get this submission in this week! I am kinda annoyed that
pretty much as soon as the patch went live, my connection was dropped out! Luckily I had at least one night to
run through the new dailies start up and do Elemental Bonds. Honestly, as awesome as that quest is, I think that
the reward is far too overpowered for the time you spend doing it. An ilvl 365 epic cloak for something that takes
maybe 30 minutes to do? Pfft. Guess I shouldn't complain, it gets me alot more stats and they really look badass.

With my network loss I haven't been on much and since hitting a boring patch on my shaman, he really has taken a
back seat in my favoured character plays, especially since 4.2 has bought out a whole lot of solo-play content for
my hunter to enjoy playing through! I've really been enjoying doing Heroics now as I seem to breeze through them
now, probably because I've done the fights so many times. Managed to get him his 359 legs from the justice vendor
as my old valor switched to justice and I refunded the cloak I did buy just before doing the new quest. Was
contemplating buying a new heirloom peice for the shaman but I really do enjoy seeing the ilvl on my hunter tick
over! Probably just a bit of an ego boost seeing the dps my hunter puts out after playing my shaman for so long at
low levels. Averaging 11.5k dps at ilvl 350 in heroics! Awesome stuff.

Here's my question for this week: Do you guys have any interesting stories from your adventures in Azeroth, or even
any regrets? I have to say one of my recent regrets was on my hunter in 4.1, I had just got my ilvl 333 justice
legs from the vendor for 1850 JP and ticked over to my ilvl requirement for entering heroics. What do you know, my
first drop was an ilvl 346 set of hunter legs which was better than the ones I had just bought. And with the
long wait times, it had just gone out of the 1 hour refund period. Was spitting!!
Thanks guys, loving the show as always!

This is Maximumforce for the horde, for the mutilation of the Alliance and for Patch 4.2!!



Nexbardus

Hello CAW crew,

Thank you for reading my email and for another great show. So what have I been up to? On Earthern Ring I was invited to Clan of Darkness by Virshna and had a great time leveling my Goblin Shaman Nexbardus to level 19. The goblin starting zone is a lot of fun and I think it is a little better than the worgen starting zone. By the 4th time I did the worgen starting zone I wanted to escape and try some other starting zones but unfortunately you cant get out. I have moved into Azshara now and so far it is great, eventhough I have already out-leveled the content with all my heirlooms and guild perks. Also there seems to be a scarcity of inns and a lot of running. Not sure how we ever got by when you didnt get a mount till level 40. Even ghost wolf isnt helping out much. I did a quick run through of Ragefire Chasm with a pug and had an easy time of it. I also transferred my level 80 Druid over from Thorium Brotherhood with 20k gold and heirloom gear. I had to change his name to Nexverto and hope to get him into Clan of Darkness very soon.

On Winterhoof my Hunter Nexbardus was invited to the Ctrl Alt Wow guild by Aiom (Nevik). I also leveled to 45 in the Eastern Plaguelands doing the Fiona's caravan quests. The best part of Cataclysm has definitely been the revamping of the old Azeroth. The human starting area was just okay but the Westfall questline is very good. Redridge has the very fun Rambo style quest. Duskwood hasn't really changed much but it has always been one of my favorite zones. Every toon I level up on Alliance side goes there. Anyone who doesn't go back and create some alts to enjoy this part of Cataclysm is missing out.

If you look at Cataclysm as a whole I think it is overall a great expansion. Where Blizzard dropped the ball is the high level content. They should have made the level cap 90 and added at least 2 or 3 more new zones. We only got 5 new zones in Cataclysm, but WotLK had about 8 1/2 new zones and BC had 7 new zones. Also some of the new zones in Cata are very tedious and seem to go on too long (mainly Vashj'ir). With the release of patch 4.2 I began doing the Hyjal dailies on a couple of my 85's like everybody else that plays WOW. After a couple days I have already dropped that down to only 1 toon and not sure how long that will last as I may concentrate my time on leveling my other toons. With Cataclysm I just haven't been able to get into the grind of all the dailies and haven't enjoyed the dungeons much either. Just wondering what you guys think of the dailies and the cata dungeons overall?

See you in game, Nexbardus of Earthen Ring & Winterhoof



My week in WoW

Good Morning my delightful Aprillian and your band of Merry Men, the dashing Ashayo, the daring Vrishna and the delectable ElJeppy. I went with a D theme today, for absolutely no apparent reason.
I've had a lovely week in WoW since I last wrote in.  Getting lots more done in game and my poor Sims are feeling very abandoned.
My little hunter Jaxie on SoE went from a level 51 to level 59 so she is nearing the Outlands. Although she is currently doing quests in The Blasted Lands.  This is the first toon I've done that area on since Cata and I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
My DK on SoE, Pettrah dinged 81 yesterday.  She is making her way thru Mount Hyjal.  I really have no idea how to play a DK, but I'm fumbling my way thru.
Created a baby rogue on SoE who hit level 9 last night.  Had a blast pickpocketing tons of alliance npc's on the beaches in the Lost Isles and sneaking my way thru the quests.
The big news is Tedrah left SoE and made the move to Earthen Ring.  She's having a little multiple personality and has decided to call herself Petrah.  Loved the Thrall quest line from 4.2 and the cloak reward is awesome.  Tedrah's doing her Hyjal dailies everyday and working on guild reputation.  Also trying to get Earthen Ring rep so running some dungeons and was able to get the Lightning Charged Tunic with my justice points.
Hoping Tedrah's friends, Alex & Allton, will be coming to Earthen Ring soon too.  Then some PvP action will ensue.
But for now,
This is Tedrah, or Petrah, whoever...
For the Horde
and the CAW


Rigarmorty Audio 223

Hello to the wonderful CAW Crew! Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo & Eljeppy!

Attached is my audio for this week!

Cheers,

Ten Minute Morty lol

FYI - The whispering in the background of the end bit is "Don't kill the bunnies" despite it sounding terribly sinister tehe


long overdue update


Greetings,
CAW Crew. Jeppy, Virishna, Ashayo and Aprillian.
     Well, where to start, with all of this Midsummer Fire festival stuff to do I was very busy.  To start with, my Hunter Robusta honored and desecrated many a fire, along with some questing and dungeons. He was able to get to 84 and be able to do the Ahune boss, sadly with many tries no pet. But I was able get to 85, so add one more to the count, my second lvl 85 hunter. gear is a mishmash of greens blues and with all the Justice points that I had a couple of epics. Konajohn and Kónadark did some Fire-festival stuff alonf with the cooking and fishing dallies, but not enough to gain any levels. Kónadark has needed the Ahune boss to complete the Festival achievement since last year, but alas still not at the right level to get in there again. Maybe next year. I have been trying to wrap my head around healing as a Priest and it is way different than my druids, more practice is needed.
    I have also transferred from my inactive acct, Kuahi lvl 80 human warlock, to the Winterhoof server and have joined the Ctrl Alt Wow guild there. My timing has been off so I have not seen to many on. Thanks go to Bidcar for some embersilk to help out with my tailoring. I have leveled Kuaho to 81 and have crafted some better gear for him.
    Now as for what really has been taking up all my time. I have been grinding out battleground honor and rep. Konajoe has gone from ilvl 320 to a fully geared season 9 PvPer with an ilvl of 360. I say being that hard as hell to kill resto druid has been a blast, many losses but also many wins, Call to arms has been Alterac Valley, so much time has been spent there. IN order to buy the PvP weapons you need to earn enough honor to be able to buy the item plus the actual honor to pay for it. I needed to earn 7500 honor this season in order to unlock the ability to buy the staff I wanted, then once I did that Pay for it with 3500 honor. I think that Blizzard might have done that for a couple reasons, one have it take a little longer to get such a nice staff and two have you spend your honor on other PvP gear. I was also surprised that when the patch hit that my leather working recipes for the PvP gear upscaled to the Blood Ilvl 358 stuff from the 339, nice not to buy new recipes there. Thank you Blizzard. Not only has Konajoe been doing PvPing I have been Pveing too. Able to earn some justice points and also craft the epic waist for him. I help Thrall get his self back together and Find his Life mate, very epic storyline there, oh and got a pretty cool cloak too. Shame that that quest chain made to Frost lords cloaks worthless. And speaking of him, Konajoe did get the Ice chip from him but no staff, I love the way it looks and the on use is kinda fun.
     Well enough of this wall of text, More to come later.
For the Love of the game and all those that make it worth playing
Kona and his many alts 



CAW Submission and BUMPERS!!!!!

Here is our submission for this week!!

Love you guys!

J and Renee aka Caoboi and Iceflow from the @Valentine Podcast :)





... *tumbleweed rolls by* ...

Greetings JAVA!

I hate to disappoint, (wait I suppose I've done that for the past couple of weeks with a lack of submissions), but this time I'm going to fore go the audio clip and stick with the written word returning to my roots in contributing to the show. Good 'ol "Classic Nevik" letters ...

Anyhoo ...

Over the past couple of weeks I've been up to a couple of things on good 'ol semi-forgotten Winterhoof. There's been lots of tears with my endeavor into the PAINFUL world of archaeology. Muddy robes are a pain to clean I tell ya ... I would use the word "HATE" to describe my opinions of said laborious chore, but I can be masochistic from time to time so I guess in a weird way I ... enjoy ... it.

Wait. No. No I don't. *SLAPS SELF* 

THE TEARS! They flow! They flow like rivers from my eyes ;_; 

*cough*cough* 

Pull it together Nevik! 

*SLAPS SELF AGAIN*

Okay, I'm good now. I think ...

I've also witnessed Melchezadek and LizTailor ding level 85 on a couple of toons: Wolveriene and Sofialorena. CONGRATULATIONS Mel and Liz!

Prior to the patch I jumped into PVP pretty whole-heartedly with my mage. Instead of going fire for PVE and frost for PVP I've done quite the opposite. I am TERRIBAD at fire PVE *AND* frost PVP but do quite well with the reverse. 

And while I'm on the subject of fire and ice, during the Midsummer Fire Festival I chugged away long enough to obtain the Flame Warden title and was lucky enough to get the Frigid Frostling. Now I just need the mini-fire elemental pet (scorchling?) and my mage will be "complete."

Other than that I've been slowly working on my mage's tailoring to restock the guild bank after the great BAG'A'GEDDON a couple weeks past. I need to get her tailoring up anyhow for the bloodthristy PVP set that became available in 4.2 just so that my poor mage doesn't get called out again in a BG for having *GASP* GREENS! *GASP* THE HORROR!

So I think that's going to wrap up this classico-letter. Big shouts out to Melchezadek, LizTailor, Groenendael, Leralonde and Bytecha for holding the fort down when I'm not around.

FOR THE TISSUES!

Your bud,
Nevik





July 6th submission from the kithores!


Hola CAW Crew and listeners,

I hope you have had a good time this week, in and out of the game. Well, the vacay is over, and we are headed back to our casita. Please forgive the quality of our audio - we used several computers and different locations to record and edit this week's submission. We hope you enjoy it!


Dreams and Kithore




Sorry no Audio

Hi Caw crew sorry no audio this week as I have run out of time and so no audio well as one of my co workers has found himself locked up in prision I doubt I will be getting much game time at all for the coming weeks.


For the horde

For the Alliance

For the Sandgropers

And for the lack of  sleep

Seeya

P.S Last weeks audio was no a mistake just trying something new and if you like it I will stick with it




Shout Outs & Thank You





Mo mo moments

Momoments - mowork n mocation



Hello all,
I am so sorry to miss the last episode and not emailing.  Hope everyone is doing well.
Work has been getting the best of me which of course means less wow time lately.  For the 4th of July weekend I will have 0 wow time as we are driving up the coast on the Pacific Coast Highway up to Santa Barbara, on up to Monterey. Really looking forward to it; I love driving on the coast highway, so many sites to see.

About my wow time the last week or so, I have been of course trying to do dailies on many characters and trying to run a dungeon here and there on my druid morfin.  I have not been doing much of anything in relations to the summer festival and I think I will be missing the end of it when we are on our mocation.
Well that is ok since I want to do a new RAF! YA! triple XP! YA! Bird! YEAH!!!! :)

Thank you to Tedrah for suggesting that balloon question in org as I have completed that on 3 characters so far.

My mage yasamin is almost 85 and she will be my first 85 on my 2nd account.

Would you please confirm something for me...the heirloom gear we can guild from the guild vendor, do those really work till 80 or 85?

Thank you for being my wow go to reference :)

I am also sad I will be missing some guild runs or not contributing much in xp the next week but I will make it up when I get my raf going.  Oh how fun raf is.

Thank you again everyone for everything and hope you all have a great weekend, dont play too much with fire works, stay safe, and I will be posting lots of pictures as long as AT&T service allows me to.

Take care

@mohalen
--
Mo

Clan of Darkness Stuff

Guild Meeting
Circle on Google+

Inviting-

When inviting, send email & include their name & send

Gbank -Claypidgin

Guild Repairs updated

Emails

VRRRRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! for the Clan of Darkness!

Hey CAW Crew!  Oak Here!

Before I get to my week in WoW, I just want to say THANKS! for the
Mechano-hog!  I have been in raffles many times throughout my life,
and I can honestly say I have never won a thing.  This is soooo cool.
Especially as I am unlikely to ever aford one as I am an engineer.
Anyway, thanks so much for conducting the raffle, and for giving me
the opportunity to win.

This week contained another major event for me, as my Pally Oakes
dinged 85!  Now I'm off trying to level his gear and professions up!

On that note, my engineering is now over 500, and I hope to cap it
soon.  I am a little worried that I won't be able to support myself
with engineering (see my statements about the mechano-hog), but I am
not planning to change it just yet.  I am hopeful that between mining,
farming volatile air, and making pets; that I will be able to bring in
a decent income.  Only time will tell.  I did get a blue enchant
formula world drop that netted me a couple k on the auction house, and
that has helped out.

I have been running a lot of battle grounds, and have managed to gain
several achievements in this regard.  I really enjoy them, and I'm
thinking about trying some rated ones.  I'm not sure about that
though.

I hope to do some instance running soon, as I have been questing
mostly.  I am currently trying to finish off the Twilight Highlands.

A final note.  I am heading out of town for a few days over the
holiday.  I am taking the gnomes to see their Grand Pallies!  We will
be lost in the forests of northern Michigan on a small lake.  I can't
wait to get away!  Anyway, I'm sending this in a bit early, as I'm not
sure I will be back before you all are on air.

Have a great week!
For the Horde!
For the VRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOO
OMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!   -AND-
For the Clan of Darkness! (and any stray bunnies that happen by - Get
out of the way!!!!)

-Oak


screenshots

Here's screenshots of Scorpion mount with Clan of Darkness Banner.  Petrah is Tedrah.  Had to rename her when moved her.


Tedrah


Clan of darkness

Hi Everyone,
Well I finally made it into the guild. A big thanks to "Wight" (Jeppy) for the invite. My 2 Moo Moos (Miztake & Mizfortune) are thrilled to bits about being part of your guild.  They even talked their big sister "Miztrust" and very distant cousin "Riccadonna" (Blood & Frost DK's) into joining.
Then I was able to join in the guild meeting the other day after a lot of mukin around on my part.  Can't join a conversation if you have no mic plugged in. Ahhh well, these things happen.
My Moo Moo's are slowly leveling, and are now at Level 13.  They would be higher if they stopped arguing long enough to quest more, but hey...all good fun. I am hoping to level the DK's a bit faster so they can give the babies some money and bags and perhaps some new clothes.
Keep up the great Podcast as it always makes me laugh, and is an enjoyable way to make the work day go quicker.
Once again thanks for the invite and hope to catch you all in game.
From all the "Miz's & Ricca"


Aléx & Allton


[please forward the below so I kin get acceptimacated to your ER guild of silliness - thank you, Aléx]


Dear masters of the guild that I is attemptin' to join on bequest of the one formerly known as Tedrah, now known as Pettrah, and sometimes Amy or Theodora, dependin' on who's askin'.

Mah name is Aléx, and I'm lookin' to join mah brother, Allton within' the folds of yer army, clan, tribe... guild, that's the darn word. I ain't much ta look at, and mah fightin' arms kinda weak, but I talk a good game, and some people would call me funny (lookin'). Anywho, it would done be my fondest wish to join yer small, but impressively large family at this juncture, to hep with levelin' and stuff. I'm an alchy, but not the holy kind - I kin make flasks and caulrons and such, and I'm an engineer - but that don't bring much other than the occasional Jeeves to the party. Y'all need a jeeves? I kin make bows and guns and stuff too, fer yer hunter folk.

Here's the letter I wrote mah momma, lettin' her know me and Allton was leavin'. It's a bit sappy, I apologize in advance.

Thanks fer yer consideration,

Aléx



Dear momma,

As you prolly know, me an Allton has been looked upon to be the next big boss of the Bilgewater Cartel, but some things done gone wrong with that plan. Instead, we be killing humies up in the Alterac Valley.
Them horde commandy fellers, they been honorin' us fer the honor we bring to the horde. I is decked out in the finest of horde leathers them commandy fellers could find, and Allton, he's got some as well, but he don't fight quite as good as me, and his killin' in a bit sloppy (plus he only likes to kill gnomes, so hes a bit persnickity in his target allocation). But I'm sure in a few more days he'll be as honored by the commandy as I is.

It done greave me greatly to tell you that we is planning on departin' the fair Sisters of Elune to travel to the Earthen Ring. Now, I ain't got no particular love fer the shaman kind missef, but I is a bit tired of livin' under the umbrella of night elves, if'n ya take mah meanin', ma. I ain't sure what accoutrements I'll be taking wit me, nor wut Allton has planned neither, but we'll be sure to done leave you wit enough monies and love to last during our departure. (Plus I'm sure Xew and T will keep you company, we know how's you look on them big dumb taurens).

Anywho, if'n this be my last missive to y'all, have a wunderful life and don't let no rogues steal yer stuff.

Much love,
your best son,
Aléx

Guildies are the best!


Hi there CAW crew,

Another week gone and Domenatrix is level 36. This is thanks to a Guildy  named Xcronose. He ran me through Scarlet Monastery. He was triple boxing and was so nice as to let me have all the LOOTS. This was very helpful as I’m gold less on the US servers.

I hope you have received your second rocket by now Aprillian. You referred my Girlfriend and her new toon Singaling (one of us). I started another toon to level with her namedTingaling. We are level 8 now.

Keep up the podcasting greatness. You guys (and Aprillian) make us feel like part of the family.

Love from Domo and Sing

For the HORDE, the CAW, the COD and my awesome girlfriend who knows that couples who play together stay together ;)

Sent from my iPhone





No comments:

Post a Comment