Monday, May 14, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 268 - One Hundred Percent More NecroBob

Brought to you by NecroBob

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno's Corner

Hello Darlings!  Sorry I missed you last week, hope everyone is doing GREAT!  =D


/great big hugs!!


Juuno  :-*

P.S.  Here are a couple of news links for this week:




P.P.S.  Screen shots from Pixiegirl!!  :-D


1- Pixiegirl as the Sandstone Drake!  Woot! 



2- Mists of Pandera Beta/New Warlock Minion!



3- Mists of Pandera Beta/Crazy Monkey!



4- Mists of Pandera Beta/Gorgeous Lands!!



What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

My yards are really suffering 
Helping Thrall, realized I could be getting some Grisly trophies! Witnessing Thrall's wedding was tearful.
Love the faerie dragon quest, finding the 


Ashayo

The great hunter gear-up! Lookout LFR, another Huntard joins the frey!

Ironman - Level 19 and starting to find Ghostlands tough

The hunt for Burgy Blackheart



Morgaine



Tedrah


Emails



The Kithores audio for epi 268

Hola CAW crew!!

We apologize for not sending an audio segment in a long, long time. You see, Kithore has been driving around the country in his new career and has not had a whole lot of time at home. But anyway, we hope you all enjoy our little bit.

Everyone have a good week, in and out of the game!!


Dreams and Kithore,
CoD, Earthen Ring, and Dragonblight


Hey there fantastic CaW crew hope everyone is well both in and out of game. 
    Its been a great WoW week for Mr. and Mrs. Nekrobob. Lastkiss, my new Rogue, was running dungeons in Outland with Mel and 42, gaining mad XP and hunting for the stylish but elusive "Terror Flame Dagger". We crossed our fingers each time we killed the dagger boss, luck however, was not with us. 
Mel suggests that if we switch to heroic mode the dagger might have a better chance to drop. "No" I reply "I can't really run this dungeon on heroic because my level 85 mage is geared in old quest greens and he gets killed by the tougher mobs". So we ran it a few more times but the dagger didn't drop. 
   When next our heros met, 42 brought along a brand new, top of the line, hand crafted hat and frock to replace my mages terrycloth bathrobe and beanie hat. (thanks Mel and 42, you guys are the best) We ran the dungeon a few more times but still no dagger.
   Feeling a little let down, I decided to work on my old DK, Prospero. I figured it was about time I got him ready for end game raiding. I crafted a new cape, bought two new trinkets on the auction house and before long his gear score up to raiding level. No sooner had I equipped all the new shiny stuff when an achievement popped up "Cataclysmically Epic"..... "Hey" I thought "how cool am I?"
With much excitement jumped into the Raid Finder and soon found myself in the middle of a battle with Lady Sylvanas herself. The battle was truly legendary and lasted about ten seconds before I died from standing in poo. 
I ran back to the dungeon, picked myself up and promptly poop died again. After my third and final death I typed into the party chat "Sorry guys, I really don't know this fight and I'm probably going to spend most of my time here eating poop and destroying my gear so I'll bail out now and hopefully you'll get someone who can actually help with the battle." I then pressed the leave party button feeling and smelling like a poop covered noob. 
Not to be defeated, I convinced my lovely wife to join me with her DK, Kalisto, for a regular strenth dungeon. We wooped much Big Boss Booty and scored a few justice points to use toward our epic vendor gear. Thanks lovely wife, you are all flavors of awesome.


  The next day Mrs. Nekrobob was working on Skyla, her Loremaster toon, and was just a few quests away from achieving Loremaster of the Eastern Kingdoms. She had a slight problem however, her toon had been locked out of the Booty Bay Bloodsail Buccaneers quest chain due to a bug from several months ago. 
   It happened like this... After finding the big pirate hat and suffering through the trauma of killing Bossy the cow she handed the items to the quest giver and nothing happened. No quest complete, no further quest, nothing. She put in a ticket and the kindly GM stated that "This was a known issue that Blizzard is currently working day and night to fix". He suggested that she delete her WTF files and restart the game. We tried it but it didn't work, WTF???
Luckily, last night (thanks to some lateral thinking) we came up with a solution. We surmised that if her toon was locked out because of some slight programming glitch that occurred at the moment of quest completion wile on her computer then perhaps we should try to log her in on my computer since all my toons had already finished the quests without incident. Sure enough when on my computer the golden quest icons appeared like magic and she was able to finish her achievement. She was very happy and is now Loremaster of Kalimdor and Lormaster of the Eastern Kingdoms.


Later we ran the Blood Furnace and Steam Vault dungeons topping our toons off at level 68. 
Wile in Blood Furnace Kalisto, (Mrs. Nekrobob's DK) looted a helm called  "the great helm of the unbreakable" which is by far one of the most ridicules looking pieces of head gear we have ever seen in the game. It honestly looks like someone stuck an old can opener on top of a bad 1950's robot head. Needless to say we had a good laugh.
We ended the week with Skyla the Loremaster mage staying in Outland to finish questing. Lastkiss the Rogue heading off to Northrend in search of fashionable daggers and poor Prospero the DK in Orgrimmar, trying to wash the smell of poop out of his epic gear. 


Cheers and many thanks for your wonderful poopcast... er, I mean podcast.

the Nekrobob's


Remember, Undead love is forever



PS
Mel you were right. I did some more research on the net and discovered that we would have had a much better chance of finding the dagger on heroic mode as it is not programed to drop on regular mode (no matter how many times you run it) 
I blame Wowwiki, sometimes their listings can be so confusing :)



Skyla the Loremaster of Eastern Kingdoms 

The epic robot can-opener helm




Diablo 3

Had to buy a new mike after my WoW headset broke last week so going with a razer product this week hope it all works out for the best and my luck still hasn’t changed.
Big G

Rigarmorty Update Email

Hi Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedra and this week's guest host!
Apologies, no audio this week some RL stuff got in the way this morning.
I've been getting a little Wow time in recently. My rogue Rigarmorty is now out in Uldum having complete all the area achievements for Deepholm. I'm not a huge fan of Uldum but hopefully it'll go quickly. I spent a little bit of time on my Worgen Warlock who's level 34 now. I've even popped onto Nevikhoof for a little bit earlier this morning. It had been that long, I had to submit a ticket to get my Winged Guardian Mount which wasn't in my in game mail.
Not much else to report at this end. I've got some time next week where I will be online quite a bit while the missus is out of town until I head down to London on Friday.
Cheers,
Rigarmorty












Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Emails
































No comments:

Post a Comment