Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 292 - M-M-Monoboxing!!!

Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s Corner

Hello peoples.. just in case I didn't have time to get Juuno's message to you, I want you to know that she did send me one, BUT...I'm busy!!  So yeah....and that Pixie sent a note too...but...I am a wicked witch!!  I cannot be relied on to carry out other people's grunt work!  Juuno did beg and plead with me to give you hugs and kisses...but...really, do you WANT those from me anyway??  Good grief, I cannot wait for her to be sent back to her stinking home!  She's really very annoying.

Hagitha  


What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Aprillian had picked a bunch of herbs in Pandaria, so she gave them to Astara who was able to level her alchemy to 540 during which time she learned 10 new recipes!

Audio clips with Shamaya
Ran Razorfen Kraul, ZF and Strathholme


Ashayo


Jeppy


Tedrah


Emails

Ice and Caoboi in Panderia

Hey guys!

Caoboi and I have made it to 85! So as per our agreement, I am switching over to Iceflow while he is continuing on his monk. We are about to go to Panderia for the first time and I think I'm going to be excited. Just wanted to give you a heads up because the next time I write in, I should have something fun to say. Or something like that.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful time,

Iceflow and Caoboi



Gnome Shadow

Hello again to everyone at Ctrl-Alt-WoW!  

It's been a fabulous week here, as I got the okay to change to working from home - no more hour-long commute twice a day! Hmm, whatever shall I do with that extra time?  

Aprillian has pondered a couple of times now who is the high-pitched toon in my audios.  That would be Lilbitironic (Li'l Bit Ironic), one of those many Ironman gnome mages I managed to kill off.  I liked the name, so I resurrected her as another Ironman.  She's a little gun-shy now, though, so mostly she just tags along with Voltandra - her Gnome Shadow.  You'll hear more from her in the attached audio - shout out to the lovely Leeta for this week's inspiration.

I hope everyone's week has been great!!

-Voltandra's player
@rogueslayer1




Hiya CAW crew :)

Hi Ctrl Alt WoW crew!

This is Kat, a new listener and fellow WoW addict...oops, did I say addict? LOL! I am a level 75 human mage (yes, I'm Alliance) and am slowly making my way to Pandaria to have fun with pandas! :) I just wanted to say how much I adore your podcast and absolutely love how active you are with your listeners. I hope to send more emails in the future chronicling my adventures in Pandaria (when I get there, of course). Anywho, that's all for now, but before I go I'd just like to give a shoutout to Pixiegirl. You are an absolute doll and you make me smile each and every day.

Hugs and kisses,
XOXOXO
Kat the Mage

Carry on Farming…

Hail and well met CaW crew, hope all are happy and fit both in and out of game.

Not much to report this week, Mrs. Nekro and I have been mostly enjoying the farming, fishing and cooking dailies and dashing off once a night to punch the headless horseman on the nose hoping he'll drop his wonderful mount. (no luck on the mount thus far)

For the past few days our favorite activity in game has been dark soil hunting. Its very relaxing just skimming along the ground on our flying brooms listening to the lovely in game music and digging up bits of shiny to make the new neighbors love us more and more. It really is an easy way to gain rep with all the local farm owners.
I believe there is a hack that you can use to make the dark soil visibly sparkle like a mining node (I think I've seen a few people using it. You can tell by the way the dive down from a great height and snatch the DS just before you get to it). I'm fairly sure the hack is illegal so I'm not willing to chance using it plus that would take all the fun out of the hunt.

Wile searching for dark soil I came across the "Lost and Lonely" quest where you feed a lost dog who then runs off to live on your farm. He's a cute addition to your farm pets and his quest can be found at coordinates 42.4,50.

As you can see by the screenshots below our farms are doing very well and we each have five out of ten best friends.

Thats all for now, thanks so much for your awesome podcast, we love it and you so very much :)

The Nekrobobs

and remember Undead love is forever….





The proper way to win this particular achievement

New crib fully furnished


A lovely farm full of cats, dogs, pigs, sheep, yaks and….. dinosaurs?












Rigarmorty Email Update EP 292

HI Caw crew!

Sorry, no audio this week but I will send one next week once things settle down a bit more. It's been a busy week as usual, I got a couple of achievements this week. Firstly Zen Master Medic which was easy but my only maxed out profession. The other two were Savior Of Stonepaw and Might Roamin' Krasanger for completing Krasarang Wilds. That's the 3rd zone I've completed. It seems to be about one zone a week at the moment so fingers crossed I get MOP Loremaster before Christmas :)

Not much else to report really. I'm doing a Halloween Special of my Blight Night podcast which hasn't had an episode out in a little over a month because of all the RL stuff happening but keep an eye out for it being out Halloween night :)

Love what you do and your a great part of my week, when I get time to listen. (Cued up Episode 289 for today)

Cheers,

Rigarmorty


Day 12 day off within site
Well it's been 2 weeks since I talked to you and it's looking like it will be a third as I have been working like a dog. Had guild wars 2 CE turn up this week this is the second copy as the first was mis delivered plus I got a game pad. And that's about it hope to get some panda time next week on my day off.

Sent from my iPhone
Big G










Shout Outs & Thank You

Hello,

I am sending this email you to ask a favor. If your next show releases before October 29th, I would really appreciate if you could read this from me. Thank you.

Think 300 episodes was big? Hardly. Think nearly 6 years of podcasting for a single show was epic? Think again. Join us live on October 29th for the most important, notable, and epic episode of All Things Azeroth to date. This is the one live show you will not want to miss. With pre show beginning at 7:30 PM CST, and featuring discussions and topics that should not be missed, we invite you and your listeners to join us athttp://dawnforgelive.com. See you there.

If you have been forewarned about this episode, I would appreciate holding back on any speculation or revelation on what is coming. Thanks, and Cheers!

CE MOP Contest 


Liteharted CE Submission
Favored Foursome and Fans,

Here's my brief audio submission.  I almost missed the cut-off because I was 2-3 weeks behind in my podcasts after a couple very busy weeks at work which drastically cut into my time to run (which is when I get to do most of my podcast listening).

Hopefully in the next week or two I'll get back with you about the joys of pet battling with my son who is too young for WoW, but is a big fan of Pokemon.

Quick tip for those who may be listening on this final day of Hallow's End, because the broom is instant cast, it can be very handy for those times you run or jump off cliffs.  It's about as good as been a druid! I've been loving it and will soon miss it.  Fortunately, I'm a mage, so I can still use slow fall in emergencies.

For the Alliance! (And squeaky or high pitched voices are fine because 3 out of 11 of my toons on my main server are gnomes--including my main who is a mage, a shadow priest [inspired by Ashayo or Jeppy's disdain for the idea], and a monk (Litefu)].

Liteharted and his many alts.

P.S. I'll try not to get into how my second month of refer-a-friend has only culminated in 30 some levels earned (not given).  I wouldn't want Jeppy to risk apoplexy.  On the other hand, he may be rejoicing since the attainment of further levels would go to the shadow priest gnome.



No comments:

Post a Comment