Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 355 - Knock, Knock, Knock Blizzard, Let Us In


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Nothing this week, maybe next!!!!

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Gave away 10 trillium bars
12Didn’t realize I was sending so much Windwool to Astara

Just realized I hadn’t done much with herbs lately. I get some from time to time but I don’t go out of my way

Really have to bone up on Pally fighting. Went to do the wax boards and Astara dies every time. Brought in Aprllian and Epril, had to tag team rez

Up to 12 plots on the farm and Astara can plant the mineral seed.

Didn’t realize there was a stat page for DK pet

Leeta

1/ Warlocks - we 4 warlocked Razorfen Kraul - went from Lvl30-33
- Probably took me longer to get over to the dungeon then it did actually running the dungeon as I had no flight path!

** Drain Life Screenshots attached **

2/ TNAK - Mage hit Lvl76 - Ran DrakTharon Keep and Gundrak
Did Of Blood and Anguish
Northern Exposure


3/ Lunar Festival on Leetta - CoDii Warlock - as much as getting the coins and discovery experience is good miss being able to fly around.
4/ Dig Dig Digging - Doing Archy on Leeta in Pandaria still - really is a relaxing way to spend some WoW time :)
5/ DMF time - Reminder Darkmoon Faire is starting for February so get your Simple Flour, Dyes, Threads etc ready!
Remember to get your Whee! buff
Also look out Jeremy Feasel! I is coming to layeth the Pet Battle Smackdown on your puny pet team! /flex

Rogueslayer

Spyka (orc rogue)
  • Transferred to CoD2 after show. I think after two quests I was Revered - moves so fast!
Voltmetra
  • Lvl 40, in Thousand Needles. Dislike the firefighting quests, Julie despises these types
  • Described Lunar Festival, Julie not grabbed until we did the quest on the barge. Now she’s all over the idea.
Rogueslayer (CoD)
  • Explored Teldrassil, died multiple in Darnassus
  • Don’t bother with Soulstone in Darnassus - get bumped to Dolanaar anyway
  • Flew to Exodar ship, landed on forward roof. When ship moved, wasn’t attached. Dismounted, landed on deck, sweated it out, made it. Oops - no elders in that area… Hearthed back to Thousand Needles to continue. But that’s Voltmetra - Rogueslayer hearthed to Terokkar Forest
  • Elders of the Horde
  • Only need Astranaar - died, died, died, died. Switched to Narendra (90) to kill them off - they respawn instantly. Killed multiple, but died, died. Gave up.


Emails



Join guild

Hello,

I've been playing wow since vanilla.. I still think I'm a noob.. but some would call me a decent healer.

I've been listening to your podcast and the close family like aura has me very interested in joining. I'm actually friends with Willopelt and I have run a dungeon once or twice with him, Juno her mother Pixigirl, and my wife and myself... I remember listening to the podcast afetrwards where they said they had a great healer(that was me! :D)

I've actually been allianace for the majority of my time in wow and I have created Horde Character and gotten him to level 25(as of this e-mail) so that I can join and have some fun with you guys.

Hope to talk to you all soon.
Mckay - Earthen Ring



Hello From Hartnell

Hello Ctrl Alt Wow! Hello to Aprillian, Leeta, Tedrah, Rogueslayer and everyone listening from Chris or Hartnell, as I'll call myself after the Orc shaman I've just brought over to Earthen Ring. Hopefully by the time you read this or soon after, I'll be helping to the newly announced level Clan of Darkness ii!

I actually don't have many alts (right now), but I do love World of Warcraft, enough that I keep coming back to it, going back to the early days of the game but I've taken many breaks, the longest of which was after my most intense period of playing during Wrath. During those years I discovered Ctrl Alt Wow and listened regularly to Aprillian, Ashayo, Jeppy and others, enjoying the way in which the show was welcoming to all play styles.

I'm happy to discover that Ctrl Alt Wow is still around and that the same spirit continues!

I started playing again with a fresh new character (Hartnell) in October of 2011 and discovered my love of Shamans and healing. By March of 2012 I was 85, but finding that working at a desk all day and then being in the same position to play WoW wasn't feeling so great. I came back for about a month to see Mists but... still found it quite uncomfortable to play.

Fortunately, a laptop capable of WoW has allowed me to stretch out my legs comfortably and sit somewhere other than the desk. I got my shaman to 90 finally on December 1st!

Since I've been playing again regularly and can listen to WoW-related podcasts again without feeling sad, I thought I'd finally write to say hello and introduce myself. Thanks Aprillian for sticking with it and keeping the show going all these years and thanks as well to everyone else involved with the show!

Cheers,
Hartnell
90 Orc Shaman of (as of today) Earthen Ring


Confesions of a derangened mind

Sorry for getting choke up in the recording it’s bloody muggy as here today and me the humidity and the like don’t mix well. Please make sure Leeta doesn’t get to choke up and or cry because I am a broken and damaged person no this won’t be my last recording and no I am not going to quite the game and no I am not going out to kill anybody this week. Nikki has been having a bad week so please send her all your positive vibes and good will and I hope Jeppy is better soon.
P.S Stay strong Death it’s going to be over soon and know you are well liked and cared for by the guild
P.P.S Pixies please go out and ride life like you stole it the last thing you want is to look back and wonder why you didn’t do something trust me regret is a terrible thing that will slowly eat you alive.
Big G


Why WolrdofWarcraft always wins

Hello Ctr alt wow!

From time to time I buy a game thinking I want to know what happens in the gameworld outside WoW. Last game I bought was Guild Wars 2, a game that has everything I like, I downloaded it, and started playing it. My first thoughts was that, " I like this game!", and I was ready to explore the world and have some fun. But then.....I suddenly didnt like the game anymore, from one second to the next. Why?
Here is why.
It all comes down to...gravity. The way the characters move, how they walk, run, how their bodies connect to the ground, how they feel.  And in all other games the way they move doesnt feel right.
Gravity is not right, gravity is wrong.
But in WorldofWarcraft, gravity is right. I believe that I am walking the grass in Barrens, I feel that I am actually running up that hill, actually feeling my undead horse jump over that little river, and gravity is perfect.

This is why WoW always wins.

All the best from

Ravn


Hello, my characters name is Throshall and I'm very interested in joining your guild. I was referred by Mirrax and he's been helping me alot. He's the one that told me about the podcast and it's awesome that you guys are doing this. I think it's great and I'm super excited to join if you would be so gracious as to let me in. I'm interested in raiding. In fact, I quit playing for a year or so and I'm finally back and I'm looking to make some progress with my characters. I have had loads of fun with this game over the years, mainly playing a Rogue that I have trapped on Zul'jin. It would be awesome if I could get him onto Earthen Ring but it will have to wait. I'm super eager to join and make some progress with you guys.

I haven't been playing this character for too long but I love him. I've always had a thing for the Warlock class as it is more on the "metal" side of things, what with the demons and the dark magic. It's all very awesome so I try to put a role playing perspective on him at times and it makes me feel more attached to the character. I try my best to help out anyone who needs aid and I try to be as friendly as possible. Thanks so much for the podcast. You guys do an awesome job.
Throshall


Not so depressing week

For the honnering the elders and heres my audio
Big g


message from poleth of clan of darkness

first i would like to say hello to everyone. i have been having a blast in the guild, however i have not been able to play for awhile. had an accident a couple months ago and crushed my right hand. and i cannot play wow with just the one hand while on painkillers. anyway, the reason for this letter is to let you all know i will not be able to play for quite awhile longer, and just wanted you to know so i wont be removed from the guild for being inactive. thanks. have fun and ill be back as soon as i can.












***COMPETITION WINNER -

Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus
Here is the link to Identiy-2 for the shownotes:

http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/identity-2

Grand Nagus

CoD Guildie Achievements (Last week)

  • Levels30Millyfox
    Carreth
    Ludoshock
    40
    Sedgwick
    Voltmetra
    50Shaggee
    Golsham
    Loonah
    60Deadkelly70
    Wolfheal
    Dyehard
    80
    Salmonhunter
    85
    Jozzloo
    90Zuglud

  • Time flies:
    Zuglud
    Totemsontap

  • Guild:
    "It all adds up"
    50k on guild repairs
    10 pts
    Total 1930 points

  • Top 10Matahorne
    Jozzloo
    Trelane
    Ularand
    Drekthar
    Golsham
    Dyehard
    Ravn
    Zuglud
    Tiber

  • Top 25 starts Tuesday!! Good luck!


CoD Guildie Achievements (This week)

Top 10
Salmonhunter
Jozzloo
Matarita
Golsham
Drekthar
Dyehard
Ravn
Zuglud
Ashwack
Tiber
Levels:
20
Ravnthar
40
Taureniquet
50
Matahorne
70
Ashwack
Golsham
85
Matarita
Salmonhunter
90
Jozzloo
Ravn
Time flies
Golknight
Golsham
Ashwack
Mzawesome
Salmonhunter
No guild ach. This week.
Thanks
Top 25 is going on now. Have fun everyone. Till next week,
Thanks RogueSlayer!
Donnie

Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.


Hello Ctrl Alt Wow Crew,
It is Matahorn writing again. I thought that I would Email in with a new Contest that might get people thinking and using their imagination. We all have a story about the first thing that we saw in this Fantastic game we love to play that made us stand in wonder at the scope of the game. Well I thought that you could have a competition to find out these stories but just to make it interesting we would do it in the words of the character we were playing at the time.
The prize would be a Swift Windsteed that I donated. We could make it that you can send Email or an Audio. I thought I would Write first just so you can see the Idea.
    
I had barely just started my journey and already I had done so much. I was finally on my way out of Northshire Valley where I had been doing odd Jobs for Marshal McBride. It was good to be on those cobble stones again heading down the road. The day seemed brighter somehow but I guess it was because I am back on the road to adventure again. Marshal McBride sent me to see Marshal Dughan and hand in his report.
The next town if you can call it that is called Goldshire which is basically 2 buildings. I went into the Tavern which is called The Lion's Pride Inn. It looked very cosy in there with the fire crackling and the smell of Lunch cooking in the inn's kitchen. I was tempted to say and put my feet up but it was too early to call it a day. I turned to leave the Inn but I was happy I had this new place to stay after my Adventuring for the day.
I crossed the road and just outside the only other building which appeared to be a blacksmiths was the man I had been sent to see. Marshal Dughan was waiting for me and as soon as I gave him the report from Marshal McBride he sent me on another job to a mine sown south. I was about to head That way when The Blacksmith called out to me. He had a job that would send me to Stormwind. Normally I would of walked but this time they wanted me to take the Gryphon. They are so majestic with the head and wings of an eagle and the body of a lion. I have been to stormwind many times as a boy but rarely on a Gryphon.
As I flew over the trees I imagined I was on my own mount flying into battle. I could see the white stones and blue Roofs of Stormwind in the distance. I still feel my breath catch as I look at this Magical City. There is so much History to it. As the Gryphon heads in for a landing I look down to the entrance of the City. There are 5 Marble Statues with Gold Plating that I have seen up close many times. They have Golden Plaques with each person's great deeds. I imagine myself up there. I am only a new Warrior but I hope to be in many battles and to one day be counted among these 5 Heroes.
Anyway I hope you get many People enter and be creative. Loving the all Girl Podcast you Ladies put together.
Bye!
Matahorn

No comments:

Post a Comment