Saturday, March 8, 2014

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 360 - The Ongoing Saga of Jeremy Feasel


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno and Pixie Girl!


Good afternoon Aprillian, Leeta, Beth, Tedra & Grand Nagus :)
 Hope everyone is kicking butt on the game and is life!

Not much to report this week, as far as the game goes, mostly been working on my farm and of course the Darkmoon Fair. No luck yet getting any pets from Moonfang or the much hated Jeremy the weasel as sweet Leeta calls him. But sooner or later one of them will drop a pet right Leeta?
Other then that mostly working on getting my house ready to paint when the weather warms up, omg can't wait until I hear birds singing and can open my windows!! Oh and am very excited, my oldest son (Jimmie) will be here next week! His wife and son will be coming later maybe in June, now just to see about getting Junno up here! My son will be living closer to the coast so lots of day trips this summer, the best part playing with my little grandson :)
Which brings me too a little bit of a problem, next Friday, will be doing the Lich King at Reprints request. Since my son will be here and has plans for Saturday renting his (apartment) not sure how long I'll get to be on. And I might be just a little late, but if I am please do not wait for me go and have fun! It's all about all of you not me and this is the way I want it seeing you guys have fun and hearing all about your adventures makes me happy.
Anyway tonight unless Junno has and ach. she wants to work on which won't take long, have had some requests for the Timeless Isles. So lets just get together and kill stuff!
Clan of Darkness ii is moving right along, this past week Hartnell took 1st place :) And I decided that he should have an award, so sent him a pet. Think that he has decided pet battling might be fun lol Oh and where are you Mata I miss you! And this week picture attached :) Aprillian, Leeta & me

Love ya
Pixie & Junno
For the horde & Clan of Darkness
PS. I called my son in Las Vegas and had him listen to Big Steve's song, I think he now understands that we are a family. He said that it touched him deeply to see other's might love his mother. He also said to tell Big Steve thank you for showing that in his song.

WoWScrnShot_022514_192913.jpg

What We've Been Doing:

AprillianScreen Shot 2014-03-05 at 11.17.38 AM.png


Ran out of money on Aprillian at AH, duh!

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 6.58.17 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-03-07 at 6.53.33 PM.png
Took Auruk over

Leeta

1/ Darkmoon Faire - 17 toons - love getting those professions up on the lower toons :)
ER - Leetta (baby Warlock in CoD) hit Lvl61
ER - Leetalu (Monk in AIE) hit Lvl52
AP - Leettah (Warlocks guild) hit 37
**Jeremy Feasel is STILL a weasel!!**
2/ Warlocks - Ran Uldaman and went from Lvl37 - 39
Found this dungeon run to be a little more challenging as Fearing mobs lead to a few epic wipes! Was so much fun though!
*Drain Life Screenshots*WoWScrnShot_030314_203316.jpgWoWScrnShot_030314_204055.jpgWoWScrnShot_030314_204815.jpgWoWScrnShot_030314_205926.jpgWoWScrnShot_030314_211128.jpg
3/ Herald of the Titans Toon - Druid hit Lvl67
Mostly been herbing and questing in Nagrand.
If anyone is interested in taking part please let Ashayo, Wingy or myself know.
4/ TNAK - Mage hit Lvl81
ilvl went from 121 to 232 once I found a vendor  (Iris Moondreamer http://www.wowhead.com/npc=71304) who sold gear in Mount Hyjal
Did our first Cata dungeon - Blackrock Mountain
Found a little more challenging then previous level dungeons.
Had a great time running with “the boys” - Ashayo, Wingy, Cloggie & FeefWoWScrnShot_030614_211131.jpg


Rogueslayer

Rogueslayer
  • Masters of the Pot and Brew right after show
  • Master of Steamer, Master of the Oven -> Master of Pandaren Cooking
  • Finished To Be a Master - cleaned out every Ironpaw Token I had on Earthen Ring. Got 10 for quest, need 40 more for cooking bell.
  • Ironpaw Tokens - can buy for 1 Spirit of Harmony, but I’d rather basket fish/meat/produce to exchange.
  • Zen Master Fisherman!
  • I can haz Iron Skyreaver! Holy shit this thing is badass!
  • Solo Slew the Krakkanon (with my Void Lord and Terrorguard)!
  • Already had Flying Tiger Gourami in bag, so couldn’t take from Krakky. It was in my mailbox as a Recovered Item!!! (happened twice)
  • 600 Herbing - Working for a Living! picked a Snow Lily near Shado-Pan Monestery
  • Sunday 6 am server - Ghostly Pandaren Craftsman (screenshots) -> Finders Keepers (5 of the Lost Treasures)Ghostly Pandaren Craftsman.jpegAncient Pandaren Woodcutter.png
  • Checked guild achieve status on pool fishing on Sunday morning:
    • Fish from pools: 43,757 / 50,000
    • Fish from Pandaren pools: 24,053 / 25,000!!
  • DBaD - Oldorff, Lvl 90 Human Warrior - Fishing at the fish of the day site, with a million pools, and he decides to fish from the same pool
  • Fished Saturday, then Sunday morning, turned in for tokens = 47. Had three Spirits of Harmony, so traded in.
  • Dark Soil - Used Geosynchronous World Spinner (slim profile) and ground clutter settings = low (14 in about 20 minutes - 3 blue feathers, 2 jade cats, 1 lovely apple, 4 marsh lilies, 4 ruby shards)
  • Tuesday lunchtime - The Tillers (exalted)!
  • Also lunchtime - A Friend on the Farm (Tina - first time) - furniture!
  • Poor Sheepie!
  • Tuesday night - Chee-Chee!
  • Wednesday am - Till the Break of Dawn (100 crops) and Gina Mudclaw, Fish Felreed, Sho, Old Hillpaw, Ella, Farmer Fung, Haohan Mudclaw, Jogo! -> Friends on the Farm
  • Thursday - Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman! (screenshot)
  • Sold more 100 Year Old Soy Sauce (5) and Black Pepper (2) on AH for around 50g eachRogueslayer Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman.jpeg
Everrose
  • Vampire Academy, FYI
  • Still at 25 herbalism and no mailbox (or anything else). Up to 75 for DMF
  • Weird spotlight at Lazy Turnip Inn (screenshot)
  • Gina BFF Thursday morning (herbing 109)Halfhill Spotlight.jpeg
Ironicide
  • Haven’t played for a while, lvl 17
Deronia
  • Lvl 60 gnome mage
  • Had Unburdened buff and Hallow’s End swag

Emails

Quick & Dirty Guide to Tillers
Hail and well met, Ladies (and Gentlemen) of CAW!
Here is a quick cheat-sheet for Tillers Rep:
Food Turn Ins –
Tiller                     Quest                               Required Food
Chee Chee           A Dish for Chee Chee         5x Valley Stir Fry Icon Valley Stir Fry
Ella                       A Dish for Ella                      5x Shrimp Dumplings Icon Shrimp Dumplings
Farmer Fung            A Dish for Farmer Fung       5x Wildfowl Roast Icon Wildfowl Roast
Fish Fellreed            A Dish for Fish                     5x Twin Fish Platter Icon Twin Fish Platter
Gina Mudclaw          A Dish for Gina                    5x Swirling Mist Soup Icon Swirling Mist Soup
Haohan Mudclaw     A Dish for Haohan               5x Charbroiled Tiger Steak Icon Charbroiled Tiger Steak
Jogu the Drunk        A Dish for Jogu                    5x Sauteed Carrots Icon Sauteed Carrots
Old Hillpaw               A Dish for Old Hillpaw         5x Braised Turtle Icon Braised Turtle
Sho                           A Dish for Sho                     5x Eternal Blossom Fish Icon Eternal Blossom Fish
Tina Mudclaw          A Dish for Tina                     5x Fire Spirit Salmon Icon Fire Spirit Salmon
If you want to complete all these quests on a given day, you will need:
•5x Emperor Salmon Icon Emperor Salmon;
•5x Giant Mantis Shrimp Icon Giant Mantis Shrimp;
•5x Raw Tiger Steak Icon Raw Tiger Steak;
•5x Raw Turtle Meat Icon Raw Turtle Meat;
•5x Reef Octopus Icon Reef Octopus;
•10x Jade Lungfish Icon Jade Lungfish;
•10x Krasarang Paddlefish Icon Krasarang Paddlefish;
•10x Wildfowl Breast Icon Wildfowl Breast;
•25x Striped Melon Icon Striped Melon;
•25x Scallions Icon Scallions;
•35x Juicycrunch Carrot Icon Juicycrunch Carrot.
Gift Turn Ins –
These are items found from Dark Soil.
•Chee Chee likes Blue Feather Icon Blue Feathers;
•Ella likes Jade Cat Icon Jade Cats;
•Farmer Fung likes Marsh Lily Icon Marsh Lilies;
•Fish Fellreed likes Jade Cat Icon Jade Cats;
•Gina Mudclaw likes Marsh Lily Icon Marsh Lilies;
•Haohan Mudclaw likes Ruby Shard Icon Ruby Shards;
•Jogu the Drunk likes Lovely Apple Icon Lovely Apples;
•Old Hillpaw likes Blue Feather Icon Blue Feathers;
•Sho likes Lovely Apple Icon Lovely Apples;
•Tina Mudclaw likes Ruby Shard Icon Ruby Shard.
There’s a great deal more detail there, but these are the two things you need to know every day as quick reference.
Also, attached is an image with a cheat sheet in picture form…with map!
Good luck, and ..um, happy tiller..ing! ;-)

“Be well…”
Eranth / Wolfbrother / Wolfheal
AIE & Clan of Darkness
Earthen Ringtilliers factionb.jpg


Intro and contribution :)
Hello,

In real life my name is Jess, although on WoW I’m known by friends and Guildies as Gypsy. I just recently started listening to WoW podcasts, and as I do everything related to WoW, I did it obsessively.  Lol, my hands down favorite is ‘Corpse Run Radio’ with Crt-Alt-Wow running a close second.  Corpse Run is so unique and fun and Juuno is just doing a wonderful job on it.  Crt-Alt-Wow I love because I can relate.  The wonderful ladies on there are as crazy about alts, pets, and WoW as I am, and of about the same age… wonderful. I do like to listen to a few others, and actually in my main guild I am now in charge of rating podcasts and posting on our forums what I love about what podcast. This is new, and although requested only has two posts up so far. I’m the kind of person that can’t say anything bad at anyone, so it is a bit one-sided and I only seem to be talking about the podcasts I love, and not even mentioning the ones I didn’t like so much. :D

That being said, I have 10 alts on my main server, Madoran, and I’m a contributor and officer of the guild Warcraft Pets, we also have the wonderful Warcraftpets.com website which I’ve been a member and community participant for years.  I do thing obsessively:  Alts, so many I had to delete some I never leveled to have room for more (most have Gypsy somewhere in the name), pets (I now have 514 unique, and 539 total), and mounts 77 (this is new, and I should be jumping that number very quickly).

After listening to your podcast I realized that I wanted to become a part of your community; I’m a bit shy, so it took me a while to muster the courage, but this morning I made a toon on Earthen Ring (Gypsymoon), and have started to level her.  While requesting to join the guild; I was talking to Rogueslayer while changing to some heirlooms, which aren’t hunter heirlooms, I’ll have to fix that… Anyway, I kept calling the podcast Ctrl-Alt-Delete… so I’m sure she thinks I’m a complete dimwit… I’m hoping this email shows I’m not, although I am admittedly a horrible multi-tasker.

Something about myself:  I’m married and going to school to become an Elementary School Teacher.  I am 41 years old, and have 4 amazing kids.  They are aged:  Jacob, 14; Rachel, 13; Hunter, 4; and Danny, 3.  You can find me on Facebook by searching for Jessica Haskin Metz, or by my email jesslmetz@aol.com.  This is also associated with my real ID, and I gladly accept friend requests (don’t let my battle tag name fool you - I had changed it so my son, Jacob, could play on his account without being embarrassed by my old battle tag which was ‘Gypsy’… unfortunately he has quit playing and I’m stuck with his name as my battle tag, lol:  JacobRisch99 #1404

Anyway, I hope this is enough for an initial contribution, with many more to come in the future. I look forward to finding a place in your community.

Sincerely ,
Jess Metz
Gypsymoon-Earth Ring
JacobRisch99 #1404


Fatal attraction
Dear CtrlAltWow!

Here is a question for you:
Which one of your alts would you go on a date with, and why?

Love from
Ravn


I hate subject lines
To the C-A-W crew:

I've been thinking of emailing in for a bit now, and figured I should get over myself and do it already.

I've been playing WoW since the end of Lich King.  I started with a hunter, got her to level 30-someodd, and gave up on that.  I had friends on a server so of course I started with them, but I mostly soloed.  It was an RP server, and soon after another friend talked me into starting a priest so she could tank for me I got pulled into the RP ("What do you mean people RP on a video game?!  How?!!  There's no dice or stat systems!" ...little did I know.)

WoW and the friends I made there helped me through a rough patch - divorce and uncertainty and craziness, oh my! - but when I started a job that destroyed my free time and social life I took a while off.  

Fast-forward to the new job and a better outlook on life.  I get to listen to whatever I want while I work, but music wasn't cutting it and audiobooks were too spendy to be buying four or five per week.  I remembered a really enjoyable podcast I used to listen to ages ago (knitting, tyvm!) and I decided to try those out. I've found a few now that I listen to, but yours feels like sitting down with friends and just chatting.  Yay for the backlog of 'casts, since I listen for between 6-8 hours a day!

Recently, a few arty friends started a guild, and while I love to play with them they aren't online often.  I was hoping I could maybe carve myself out a little unobtrusive corner in your part of the world.  Be forewarned though:  I may seem shy at first but once you get to know me you'll likely be wondering how to shut me up!

-Rain (who doesn't yet have a toon on Earthen Ring.)
For the Horde, and for the yarny-bits!


Feel the power of the dark side!  -Vader



Coming Home.
Hello, to my friends at Ctrl-Alt-Wow.

I have listened to the podcast for quite awhile now, and although we haven't been formally introduced, I feel like I am part of the family already. I am Zaftig, Tauren Warrior, of the Earthen Ring. ER was my first server when I started playing way back in vanilla, and I was very happy to find out you all were there. It's like going full circle, back to basics.

I have had my mains on several servers now, leaving ER to chase a dream on Scarlet Crusade, to finally having my 10 level 90's on Hyjal. I have raided hardcore four nights a week back in the day, but now I prefer to spend time with my wife and three daughters, and enjoy the vast world of Warcraft much more mellowly.

So to my reason for writing: I need you. You are what my game time lacks, the camaraderie and familial aspects I miss terribly. I want to come home to Earthen Ring, and get to know my guildies for who they are, not for how much DPS they can pump out. I want to have fun.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, and I love to love the show.

Gus (Zaftig, and a gaggle of other aliases)



Bemmo’s Audio


Hello from Hartnell
Hello CAW!

Well turns out a marathon of CAW episodes you've missed can have some side effects. For example, I'm not usually known for singing Janet Jackson songs but at least time is flying by and I'm having fun. Why I'm mumbling about the lovely little e-mails might be harder to explain but so be it! It's worth it because my farming is much faster now that I collect up all the invading vermin and AOE them and have bought the plow that was waiting for me ever since I hit exalted. Thanks for the tips, CAW circa 2012!

Well, the RNG gods had some fun with me recently when I went on a LFR spree. Had my tier 14 shoulders drop. Great, that's an upgrade, let's get those enchanted. Oh look, it's my tier 15 shoulders. Haha, oh well. Let's get those enchanted. Hmm. Shall I give the first part of Seige of Orgrimmar a shot? Why not? Oh wow heh... shoulder armor. Look at that. Bonus roll? Sure! AHHH same shoulder armor!!! Look RNG gods, I know as an Orc my shoulders are quite prominent, but there are other parts of my body that need protection. Thank you.

Big shout out to Pixiegirl! Not only has she been a friendly and welcoming presence throughout the week in CoD but she generously gave me a level 10 Death Talon Whelpguard for Hartnell's contribution to leveling CoD ii. Another big shout out to Duvessae. I logged in Thursday morning and, after having enough coffee to notice I had mail, I was shocked upon opening it. To welcome me to the guild obsession with pet battles, Duvessae had sent me nine new pets for my collection! I was stunned!
Pixiegirl and Duvessae: you made my week. You really did. I hope that I'll be able to match your generosity as a member of Clan of Darkness.

Well that'll do it for this week. Be well everyone.

For the Horde, For the Clan of Darkness and For the TARDIS,

Hartnell


Once again I have waited till you are starting to record before doing my own audio






Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus

CoD Guild Activity

Totemsontap response to his chat room prize (Swift Lovebird): OMG LOL TY so much...Appreciated :)  Sorry I had to go to bed early...was a little tired… and tipsy :P

3/1-3/6

10
Duplecat
Rzeznik
Jepski
Pepski
Intarsya
60
Ludoshock
Weasl
20
Claudinahide
Pepski
Jepski
70
Mstake
Drood
30
Cimmeri
80
Totemsontap
40
Cimmeri
85
Mckay
50

90
Drumgould

Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:
  • Leettah
  • Weasl

CoD Weekly Activity
  • Mea culpa, I blame the Oscars and work...


Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.Untitled.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment