Saturday, April 16, 2016

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 468 - Better Late than Never

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 468 - Better Late Than Never


Aprillian, Tedrah, Vrishna, Marzana and guest hosts discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners.
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-chick Tedrah. We record every Saturday at 6 p.m. EST / 8 a.m. (Sun. Australia’s time), on our Ustream page! http://www.ustream.tv/channel/ctrl-alt-wow-world-of-warcraft-podcast

For Jeppy:

https://www.gofundme.com/adwgmj8k
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s delightful adventures



What We've Been Doing:

Leeta

Hellooooo sweeties,


Here's my audio for this week :) It's a little longer then I expected! TWSS!
Hehehe


Included a pic of my smexy new mount :)




And also my new baby Iron NE Hunter!


Have a wonderful show and a awesome week!


Huggles Leeta xoxo
WoWScrnShot_041416_170739.jpg
WoWScrnShot_041416_204955.jpg

Aprillian



ScaryScreenshot 2016-04-14 20.49.59.jpg
Screenshot 2016-04-16 00.01.14.jpg


Screenshot 2016-04-16 00.07.55.jpg
Screenshot 2016-04-16 00.09.56.jpg
Screenshot 2016-04-16 01.12.32.jpg
Pretty


Aprillian & Vrishna


Vrishna



Goldenmist Village near death experience
WoWScrnShot_041016_210214.jpg


Giddy UP !
WoWScrnShot_041116_215020.jpg


Darkmoon profits !
WoWScrnShot_041216_201855.jpg


Is that Knucklerot ? Or Lurzan ?  I DON’T CARE !!!!

WoWScrnShot_041216_210110.jpg


Death by gargoyles.  Who shot that arrow ?!?
WoWScrnShot_041316_213859.jpg


Rain

The awesomeness of a disco priest - took out a rare elite solo.  Took over 20 minutes of fighting, but I did it!!!  :)


Goblin Warrior Applestrophe dinged 70!


WHAAAAAAA?!


Been doing Archaeology on Cobblesmythe.  Finally unlocked her shipyard.  Wow...it’s a long run for the horde from the garrison to the shipyard.  


Actually been pet battling.  Finally got a level 25 pet thanks to the menagerie’s training stone. Isn’t that new?  I remember the first menagerie quest being pet battles.


Mah Furst Man-ag-jer-ee


Ferrousel - gave in to peer pressure.  (Mostly because I came up with the cool name and did a search...there’s no other toons out there with the name!  Wheee!)


All the other kids are doing it!


Moment on Mordrain where I COULD NOT figure out why I wasn’t trapping beasts for the farm.  Dinged 93 when I finally did - it was a “should have read the quest text” moment….


Need opinions: Still have my boost to 100, but who should I do?  The level 70 warrior, the level 60 hunter, or something that I doubt I can even get up to level 60, namely the Rogue?  Professions vs toon I wouldn’t normally level.  All four of my leveled 100s are clothies, and it’s looking like my 5th will be as well.


O.


Ver.


Watch.


<3

Emails.png

Hello CAW crew!
Hey there! This is Kyn and I hope everyone had a good week!
I’ve been pretty busy leveling both Kynzul, my troll shaman who is now level 19 and my newest toon Bellakyn. She is a blood elf mage, level 10 and also on Earthen Ring.
I was questing in Fairbreeze Village and out of the corner of my eye, who did I spy but BloodVrishna! I tried to message to say hello and get a clan invite but I wasn’t fast enough and away she went. Better luck next time I suppose.
Anyway, just wanted to let Vrishna know of my availability for Friday Night Noobs for when we can get this group started. I am pretty much available any evening after 6 PM eastern time and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Well, back to leveling and hunting down the elusive BloodVrishna….
Kyn


Good day CAW crew, hope you are all well? Kep the Gnome Mage here!
Thought I’d start this weeks email giving a little of my wow background.
I started playing Wow 2 months after vanilla launch after a friend said i’d like it - he was not wrong! The game has changed SO MUCH since vanilla, its crazy! My favorite expansion was Wrath: the zombie invasion, the pre-launch events, the content, the RP, it had it all! It was fantastic!
I have always played on RP or RP-PVP realms as I think the RP side of things adds a little more to the game. You get to meet crazy characters, which is always fun! I like to RP from time-to-time (not as often as I used too). I prefer Gnome, Goblin and Dwarf RP as you can just about get away with doing anything you want - sometimes the crazier the better, especially the Goblins!! I do play other races, but sometimes just find them a little too serious when and if I roleplay; i’m not so great at RPing somber and moody characters although my wife may disagree?! haha
I like to play most aspects of the game, although current raiding has never fully caught my attention. I normally play solo as it allows me to jump about and do random things with my characters. I have many alts and around 7/8 accounts! (Although currently I only have one active). I did tried my hand at multiboxing but just could not fully get into it. I have tons of characters, but just mostly just stick to playing Mages as their play style suits me just right!
Anyway, my week in wow.
Not too much to report, just still running around Azeroth doing random things! The ‘Jeeves’ schematic dropped for me in Ulduar, which was a very nice drop! I also farmed up one of my favorite transMORG sets from Serpentshrine Cavern, so Kep is now looking a little darker and a little more sinister.
Still no luck with Mimiron, Arthas, Rukhmar and Zul’Gurub - for the mounts.
Some tips!
1. Group up and kill Supreme Lord Kazzak in Tanaan jungle with as many alts as possible, using the group finder. The main reason is to pick up Felblight: he will drop anywhere between 5 an 15. On my server these sell for (on average) 125 gold, so therefore you can make (on one character) approximately anywhere between 625 and 1875 gold a week! He can also drop a nice piece of i705 gear or gold. Well worth doing!
2. If you are running low on oil a useful technique is to buy the ‘blueprint: Oil Rig’ from Vindicator Krethos (Alliance) and Shadow Hunter Denjai (Horde) (available at revered). It will add an oil rig mission to your garrison ship yard table. It costs 5 oil to send out the ships and will bring in 400 oil a time. The mission time is 18 hours to complete, however if you assign certain ships you can bring this down to 4.5 hours. Also if you have a spirit lodge or mage tower you can use the ‘Mission completion orders’ to complete instantly. (This mission is always 100%).
3. Keep an eye out for the garrison mission ‘The Botani Stirr’. This mission rewards the ‘Champion’s Honor’ item which grants 1000 Conquest and Honor points on use. On my server this item will sell on the AH for anywhere between 15,000 and 22,000 gold. Making this (IMO) the most lucrative mission and a very easy way to make a nice chunk of gold! And it usually sells VERY quickly!
4. A useful item from the Sabre Stalkers is the ‘Sabre Stalker teachings: Trailblazer’ (available at revered). This adds a 15% mount speed to all mounts when in Tanaan, making it a little quicker to get to them elites!! :)
Take care “I’ll miss you!” - Kep
Ctrl Alt Wow Pictures 2.jpg


Fond Hellos!
Helloooooo, CAW crew! Sae here, after a long two weeks of almost NO WoW! ):


Life's been very busy: Tax season at work, little league season for my nephews, and all sorts of various errands have kept me away from getting much done.


Even so, I wanted to touch base and get involved again, since I haven't been able to send an email and say hello in the past few weeks.


So what little WoW I did get to play was mostly just goofing around on my main. Sadly, no Irons in almost two weeks - a real bummer. But I did get to spend some time with a guildmate who came to visit and we played around a little together!


To be honest, most of my little free time was taken up with Fallout 4 and just recently getting into the Overwatch beta.


Anyway, that's it for me this week. I hope I'll get to get back on and hang with all you cool people again soon!


As always, I'm your friendly neighborhood druid,
Saeureon <3


Overwatch is watching you
So I got into the open beta weekend and its glories its so pretty and shiny and oh god I am so going to grab this when it comes out
Big G audio








Addon.png
Each week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.


You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at towerofcommerce@gmail.com


Dark_cut.png

Guild Updates: X/XX - X/XX

10

60

20

70

30

80

40

85

50

90



100

Last week’s 100’s:


Time Flies When You’re Having Fun:

Guild Chat App - Discord


Trying a 24/7 chat app for guildies to join and just keep in contact and have chats with during IRL :) Also has a voice channel just like vent/mumble! And very easy to use! :)




And we have a CtrlAltWoW Server - so check out the link above for invite.


Chat.png

Shout Outs & Thank You








No comments:

Post a Comment