AprilPvd shares her retirement experience. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you manage life in retirement. Discord: https://discord.gg/5dtHtHCu
Video on Youtube: https://youtu.be/AdgAwPlnRjM
Discord: https://discord.gg/5dtHtHCu
AprilPvd in VR:

What is Palworld? I first fell in love with the game because of the graphics and the character creation screen did. I know that it would provide a lot of the mechanics I like in online gameplay. Of course, the central promise of the game is in the name. It’s all about the pals. But when you start the game, you have a character and you have to collect items to make tools. in this lot like Medieval Dynasty. You also get points as you level that you can put into different technology/building. So you start off with the main ones and act a pickax a torch and a club. The cool thing is that it takes you along a quest line that lets you learn and develop. As you learn the basic mechanics, you start to sense the greater possibilities. So far, I have built a two-story house in my base along with different things like workbench places to cook places to smelt or in places to make things for my pals. The full game begins when you start using your pals good morning to help you grow and do more. In order to utilize pals, you have to capture them. But before you capture them, you have to damage them a little bit without killing them. This is similar to stretching a pet in World of Warcraft. But you can also kill a pet to get resources from them such as meat, leather and wool.
Palworld 1.0
I’ve been watching YouTube videos about PW and I have to admit I’m a little bit overwhelmed because it seems like it really gets complicated with getting the right how putting down all the right stuff. Right now I have a base that works really well for me.
I had a blast in PW today and I learned a lot. I learned a lot from the YouTube videos I was watching and I’m feeling really comfortable. First of all I’m quickly getting into the VR version I’ve gotten my steps down Pat. Today I played with April Pvd. She is my most advanced character in PW. I believe when I started she was 10 so what I decided to do was do things that would advance her base because my plan is to upgrade enough to get a second base so that one of my other characters could place a base somewhere for the first thing I did was I wanted to go out and capture multiple pets so that I could get that five pet bonus and then go back to the statue and enhance my stats. There’s a statue that you put on the base that allows you to when you go to it and you have the tokens that you get from collecting five of the same pets so I know I needed some more of those lamb thingies so I did those first. Now and then I immediately got the effigy so it’s something that you get that you can turn into the statue and then I went for another one now I’m getting used to the control so sometimes I hit the wrong button because of the way you activate the cursor buttons using the controller is that you put your thumb along side the pad over to the left of your buttons and then you move the joystick on the left-hand side and it took me a while to get used to it and to not put my thumb over there by accident. I went out with a pet out, thinking that it was gonna help me but this pet was I think it was level seven so one of the things that was happening was I would target something that I was trying to capture and he would go ahead and kill it. So I had to be careful so that I went to enhance my player stats at the statue and I was able to increase my capture power and also increase my movement speed which was really cool. and of course, all of this is just overwhelming because there’s so much information to learn, but I actually made the statue because the quest line that you have to do in the beginning while you’re learning about building your base tells you to make certain things. Then I realized I need to eat and a couple days ago. I thought I figured out that there’s certain food that is better for me and also better for my pets. There’s something called SAN I guess that helped you and I think it for me it makes me not have to eat as fast. I’m also collecting a lot of things that I’m not sure what they are and I am trying to put things in the chest that I don’t need to be carrying around. So far the things that I have put on the base which is also part of the quest line has made it so that I don’t have to feed my pals or provide food. I was spending a lot of time doing that. I also managed to get a couple of pets that will plant the seeds, what are the berries and harvest the berries, and that comes in really handy. A lot of this reminds me of World of Warcraft because you have to gather you have to level. I really like the using the glider. I am having some problem with using the Bowe and Arrow and I think I’m almost figured it out but when it works, It’s really nice and I know there’s gonna be other weapons that I can use and I have to figure out how to use them because I do need to go back into that dungeon and defeat that boss I’ve gotten better at the bow and Arrow, but I’m not that good at throwing the pet ball sometimes I miss and it’s very frustrating because you have to make them and also a couple of times while I was trying to throw the ball my pet killed the animal that I was trying to catch I like the climbing features in the jumping feature a lot of good things in this game and it’s very intuitive Magrath. It’s some beautiful and it’s easy to see where everything is. It took me a while to understand the interface, it does tell you what the day is like, and when the nighttime is coming, but I was generally measuring that by seeing the animals, falling asleep.
I decided I wanted this tropical outfit that I had opened up the technology for and I went through a lot of trouble to get it. I had to get some fire organs so I had to go fast travel to a different area and I ended up doing two really incredible things I got several of the fox Firefox pet and I got this incredibly cool pig. I made the outfit and discover that it was too thin. The minute I put it on I got cold, which is why it was called tropical. Then as it got dark, I decided to go for these things called bedroom and they are really handy to have because they will attack with you, but they won’t kill whatever you’re attacking so that you will still have a chance to capture them. They will leave it so that it has at least one health point. Again I got this from watching a YouTube video. I did a few. I did a few other things around the base I made some other things that you needed to make one of them was to make health potions and I managed to level my base up. I put another bed for pets on the first floor and I created nails, and I learned how to make ingots well actually I would put the or in the machine that makes the In the Firefox I think was the one that would actually go and make the smelt the Angus so I’m learning a lot. This game is so much fun and I created a new bow. I’ll let you know tomorrow whether or not the boat works better for me and I also made some furniture for my upstairs building my second floor of my home that I have. I’m probably gonna make a new base but right now in this space is really nice and I really like it and I’m having so much fun with this game. One thing I do a doors that when you start building something, the pets come in and help you and you can either walk away and come back or you can join in and you’ll find that it makes it go faster the mechanics of this game is beautiful and I’m having a really good time.
Thursday
After watching some videos, I realize that I needed to practice playing with my pets on my team and maybe I could take out that person in that tower. So I got on April Pvd and I acquired some more of dream things. And I went to fight and I got spanked. I really have to learn how to fight. I was thinking about going in on another character now that I’ve gotten my base level up to the point where I can have two bases but I think I just really wanna go in on April Pvd, and learn how to fight with her before I start the other characters.
Friday
I went up against the tower person again, and I got a little bit further in, but I still died. then I brought out Aprillian and worked on leveling her. She was only eight and she had Harley no pets. Now that she is in the guild it’s really cool that she can access all the materials that April Pvd has put together.
Saturday
Since it was Saturday that meant a workout in the morning. And then I did cosmetic craze in Zenith and that went well.
Saturday afternoon I went back to PW as I call it or Palworld because I can never say it right and I played on my Aprillian character because she’s level two level eight at the start of Saturday and I think she got up to level nine and she just went around doing quest she also picked up a few things that I needed in the base. She went to get some wheat seeds and stuff but the most important thing that she did was she learned how to use the the bow, believe it or not I had the hardest time and some of it is just learning about the controls and some of it is muscle memory, but as I took her out and she had a bow, I kind of got to understand the whole system and how the arrows work and now I’m very well at using the bow and it’s it’s such a good game. It’s just so much to do when there was so many quest she took a quest in in the New Settlement that said to go and find this one animal and bring it to this guy and she got a bunch of points for that and she also went out and got some captured some pals that’s another way to make to get XP my understanding for her was to get her up to at least 10 and what I was thinking I was going to do was take her into this tower with April Pvd and when you’re in there, your pets do a lot of fighting with you now April Pvd has gone in there four times and each time she’s died the first couple of times I was panicking, but because you know I’m dying, but it turns out that you just come back and get your stuff from outside the tower so because she spent so much time using her bow. I got to learn how to use the bow and I had a lot of fun playing just exploring and capturing different pals.
Sunday
So by the time I logged in on Sunday, I had enough confidence with the ball to try on April Pvd and I did it. I took Pvd into the tower with a she had a crossbow, so Aprillian had taught her or taught me how to use the bow and how the reloading mechanism work but April Pvd was able to use the crossbow and a healing pad and she went in and did the battle and won the tower it was so incredible. The fighting the thing that I learned the most too, and this was from a little bit of a YouTube channel and from my own experience was that I needed to move out of the way when the when the boss was getting ready to do his moves I didn’t understand so much of what was going on before and a lot of my old dungeon boss fights instincts came back and I just I just feel really good that I finally talk that first tower down my first boss fight in Palworld. I was getting a little stressed out from watching the videos and watching all the things you can do this so much to this game and it’s a lot like World of Warcraft with Pokémon in it with a little bit of I want to say No Man’s Sky because of the way that you can train your pets and breathe them and stuff and I’m really excited about that part of it and I’m not gonna worry or stress out so much about whether or not I’m doing it the right way of the most efficient way I do want to build another base or better base cause my current base is just horrible but everything I’m doing in the base and making the base at work is also leveling my skills and allowing me to get better and get more access to more technologies so I really love this game and I had a blast playing on Sunday and I beat that boss. I’m so happy about that.
Learn so much about allocating powers to do specific things. The best one was getting fiber. Everything takes fiber. I made new stuff like a shield and another campfire that lets me combine foods to make even better food. I am having so much fun. April Pvd has gotten to 17.
Monday
Oh my goodness I had so much fun. As I level I get to do more things with my technology point and I opened up defensive wall and gate. Two times while I was in my base the negotiator showed up saying something like a raid is imminent but for 1000 gold I can stop it. And twice I gave him 1000 gold but once I saw the wall, I thought what if I just block off my base? Now keep in mind that my base is situated in really stupid place. It’s on like a hill and part of my line is uphill because I didn’t understand the whole pal box being the center dynamics. But I decided to try it anyway and I built a wall all around my base with one gate. Now Aprillian was on and the negotiator showed up and she declined protection, so the countdown began and the invaders were shooting at the wall, but they didn’t get through so that was good. When I went out later, I found stuff they had left behind. I also did some fishing which is kind of neat and I made my first corral but of course I don’t know all the proper way to do anything yet, but I’m loving what I’m doing. But my base is chaotic and I need to build a better one. I did go up a couple of levels because that’s what someone was saying on YouTube that you don’t have much width and that so you have to go vertical.
Tuesday
Four spent an hour and a half setting up my quest two to sell. I have two old quest two’s and it was crazy because the one that had the Bobo VR head strap and that was in better condition also had controllers that had drift. So I had to unpair both sets of controllers and then pair the good controllers with the good headset.
Of course the main goal in PalWorld is to catch pals so I’m doing a lot of that there’s some quest that I’m finding from different people in the New Settlement and oh and I didn’t mention yesterday that Aprillian did complete the first tower she was able to take down the boss. I’m getting better at fighting I’m still not good at aiming there is a version of the UEVR injection that’s out where your first person and maybe I’ll try that and that might give me a better chance of using my bow and arrow you know I kind of miss Zenith for that cause Zenith had really good mechanics with with the weapons but on Tuesday I finally got into playing and boy that I have fun First I just went around exploring on April Pvd. She rode her little purple blue antler mount and for those of you listening on the podcast I’ll put a screenshot in the show notes that ctrlaltwow.com which forwards from ctrlaltwow.blog.com one of the things I was trying to do I was trying to do two things. I was trying to get more information about the next tower and I did find the next tower, but I didn’t do the boss Battle and I also was looking around trying to find the best place to start my new base and I did it and one thing I did was while I was out exploring I caught another human now I saw a blurb go up when I captured this human. There was someone that was shooting at me when I was out exploring and I thought it said that it wasn’t. It was frowned upon. I mean it’s basically slavery. I can understand that, but they really do a lot of the things they seem to be one of the few people that you can really assign things like logging and stuff but of course as I get more pals, I will probably figure out ways to find other pals that could do the same thing so what I ended up doing was I decided to go to this beach that I had been to? I’m like wow that would be wonderful to have a base on the beach and I’ll see the water and it’ll be nice so I pulled around with setting up my Paul box. It takes a little work because I’m against the rocks and I’m hoping to be able to use the rocks as a back of my base when I do have to set up the defense walls. I don't know what triggers the raids, but I want to be prepared. I know it doesn’t happen right away because I had been at my other base for a while before they even started mentioning the rate so I ended up doing a lot of teleporting back-and-forth once I did set up the pal box. What is interesting about the game is that there are multiple levels of leveling you know of course is leveling. Your character also leveling your Pals different settings of things like you. Can you get a point every time you level them to put into your stats, you can increase the amount of health you can increase the amount of stamina. I’ve been working, alternating between health and stamina. You can increase the amount of weight you can carry and of course you get pets and the pets that are out with you while you’re running around doing stuff they level and then there’s also leveling your base and you level your base and it’s kind of like a tutorial because it’s as you move down the technology tree on the technology stuff that you can make, and you can only go up to certain level until you get to your, you can only do certain technology things until you get to the right level so I have gotten my base at the point where I can have 10 pounds and I can have two base and but to go any further I need to build a couple of things and one of the things I needed to build was a weapons bench. Another thing I need to build is a pal trainer and then an expedition pal thingy so those things are up ahead of my level. I just turned 20 today and I think the expedition one is like 24 and the other power one is at 22 so I can’t go any further until I level some more. It’s kind of a nice system, but I have one of the things I had to do was make a weapons bench and I was curious as to what would happen when I went to my new base and I made the weapons bench there did I have to make it on my old base, but it turns out that my new base has the ability to have 10 pounds. The only thing is, you have to have a bed for each pal or they won’t be happy. And so you also have to make sure they have food and you have to have a cooking fire so you don’t have to have a pie you could put berries and berries don’t give them the sanity quotient that other food gives them so I have I make sure they have a fire. They have the food there a basket that feeds them and that they will even cook if you line up the food and they will put the food in the basket so I was doing all this at the second place and I was trying to build, but I kept running out of resources that I needed those at the first base so I’m teleporting back-and-forth and one of the things that fortunately happen is there a lot of rocks at the second base and My guy that was there working alone until I added a couple more pounds was busy mining the rocks and I found out that one of the things I could open up in technology was a stone building and they have a really good dynamic because I was able to upgrade the wooden boards I had put in to stone just by clicking another button and it just replaced it put the wood back in my inventory and replaced the stone so it’s a really good system. I had a lot of fun trying new building techniques and opening up my base and excited to do some more building and stuff as the within the next coming days I have not even looked at No Man’s Sky and I feel a little bit guilty, but this game is really fun. It’s got quest, it’s got grinding. It’s got building. It's got pals or pets and I’m really having fun. I’m experimenting with setting up a certain chest. You can set a chest to have certain parameters, so I’m experimenting with that I’m not sure if I’m gonna be absolutely right at it. First I would like to have a chest that was only food and another chest that was only or because of my last base I just put chest out as I got full in my inventory and then the problem with that is then I have to run around and figure out where stuff are, but I’m getting the hang of it and I’m really loving it. My dedicated server is working out perfectly I can switch back-and-forth between my four characters I got on Sebastian, who is my only guy in the game a little earlier today and he is just level while he doing level six but he’s able to go to the The base and access the chest and get things that he needs so it’s really fun if you haven’t tried it I would recommend it. I love the fact that it’s flatscreen and VR and they both work well together because I have work you played with my characters on both at the same time and yeah, I’m having fun So thanks for listening. You can email me at ctrlaltwow@gmail.com. You can if you’re listening on the podcast there’s a link in the in the description for the video version. It’s on YouTube Ctrl Alt WoW on YouTube so you can actually see what I’m doing and Anna thanks for listening. The shout notes are at ctrlaltwow@gmail.com forwarding from ctrlaltwow.blogspot.com. This is April Pvd NVR for Palworld.
AprilPvd
https://www.twitch.tv/ctrlaltwow
https://www.twitch.tv/thataprilpvdvr
https://www.youtube.com/aprilpvd
https://www.youtube.com/ctrlaltwow
No comments:
Post a Comment