Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 130 - Inside Blizzcon 2009

Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator, they are back in the store.



What We've Been Doing:



Aprillian

After listening to Wemb & Ashayo in episode 129 I took the DK Quad back to Blood Furnace 1400xp a kill. Thanks to the POH Hynotoad and Murlock. Got lots of xp & all DK's dinged at least one level

Did cloth CD on Aprillian, felt funny being on her.

Epril did Icy Prism and got a Zul, tried to figure out a good recipe and got frustrated and just picked one. Brought her a new set of Leggings. For some reason she had a pair of leather pants. Probably some quest reward.

Went to do JC daily with Epril & brought Auruk along. Decided to try running those two at work. They got killed in HF trying to kill a dwarf when I got called away. Most likely by that big thumping thing.
Got kicked again doing DAngerously Delicious while dual boxing fishing

Ashayo

Ashayo completed the Raptor mount quest. Bouncy like the troll mount, but still cool and worth the effort.

Been running daily Heroic most days to get Emblem of Triumph.
Running with Kiele as a healer and a pally tank friend of hers. Very fast runs. eg UK - under 20 mins
Finally got Achievement for beating all bosses in Heroic ToC

Spent Conquest emblems on Warlock level 226 chestpeice [Conqueror's Deathbringer Robe]. Nice upgrade.

Plenty of DK levelling this week.
Ashrune hit Northrend with Cowwoman and questing in Borean Tundra. ( Bought Tome of Cold Weather Flying - woot! )

Raiding
- Ulduar 25
reset it this week - FL, Razorscale, XT
Maui couldn't make it, so I got 2 x Fragment of Val'anyr. submitting ticket to try for transfer (didn't have 2hr timer on them) - successful
- 25 man Trial of the Crusader. Working on Northrend Beasts. Got down Gormok and The Two Jormungar, but didn't have enough left for Icehowl.

Pants on Head
- Tanked Slave Pens on PoH
- Ran SP and UB with PoH
- Ramps, BF - Wemb, Temp, Straddle, Hypnotoad
- Onyxia on two DK's with PoH. Pudendal dings 64



Glanthur

- Respond to Paladin changes in the Holy Tree (Bidkar)

Bladed Edge



Emails


Email #A from Ritaheyward

Hey guys, Ritaheyward again
Thanks a ton guys for reading my email and your great answers to my
questions. You really have helped me make some very important decisions
about my character. I am happy to report that during the last week I was
able to jump from 26 to 30. (which, for me, is nearly amazing) I have also
dropped engineering due to my lack of patience and am just going to gather
with my main as I enjoy it more than worrying about what I need to buy to
make the next item. And finally I am just going to rely on my instance
gear instead of wasting money on buying stuff.
To answer your question, Aprillian, yes, even us runners love Hot Pockets.
:) I have a few friends who play WOW that I ran with in college, so we
aren't really that rare of a breed either. I think video games are a great
complement to athletics as we all still need time to sit back and relax.
I would like to give a quick shout out to two of my guild mates, Avagardner
and Hedylamar of The Fishing Vixens. I hope you like their movies as well.
Anyways, thanks for rolling my number Ashayo. I would love an
authenticator, just let me know what I've got to do. You guys are hands
down the most entertaining podcast I've found so keep up the great work.
For the Horde!


Email #1 from bloodhuf

Hello Ctrl Alt Wow!
I love your show! It is the best show in the podcasting in community.
I have a few questions for ashayo, what is the best spec for a leveling druid? Which professions would be the most useful? Currently i'm in the twentys with my Druid. Thanks guys.
For the horde!

Email #2 from Matt

Hey April. Thanks for mentioning the cast on your show :D I was smiling for ages after that.
Thanks for the compliment too. I was nervous, cause obviously a lot more people would be listening to me on your show than they are mine. But thanks to you the numbers should rise.
I know it was more being polite than honesty (Or is that just me being judge mental? And having little confidence? Who knows) but you mentioned having me on again (This was at the end of my interview) but if you ever do fancy having the flustered young hordie from Britain on the show again. Let me know cause it was a real experience and would love to do it again :D. 50seconds to 50 hours is fine with me. Hehe.

Thanks again.
Matt.

Email #3 from MCwild

hey there Aprillion,ashayo and glanthur
great show,i have only recently find your show but have listened to everyone i can get off of itunes,here in the uk.
i started playing wow about 6 months after it was released.and now have many characters over several realms,as does my wife and 2 grown up sons. i started as a orc rogue but when my sons started they wanted to be dwarves so had to join them as they needed there daddy.(they are 22yrs old) i have 2 lvl 80s a elf druid and a dwarf hunter my wife as lvl 80 gnome lock and human priest.
between my wife and i we have that many alts we use 2 accounts each and our main realm character allowance is nearly full.
at one point our 2 daughters also played and daughter in law had her own account.
so u could say we are a wow family.
sam (my wife) and myself do not raid often if at all some months we prefer the social aspect of the game and battlegrounds. she likes the bg's that much that in our guild she is known as the queen of the battle grounds and her characters have most if not all of the pvp set.
keep up the good work you make my travel home go faster.
fellhand elf druid (martin)
hidihi human priest (sam)
from trollbane eu server
ps not sure how posteage etc is to across here in the uk.
so its fine not to enter us into your draw
have fun and even tho i play alliance my heart is still FOR THE HORDE


Email #4 from Karmaa

Hey there intoxicating Aprillian, Tempting Ashayo, and Adorable Glanthur ;)

So i wrote an email to the BOE podcast (out of character for me, i know!) and i've felt guilty for the past 24 hours because i have to send an email to you guys too, otherwise ill feel like im neglecting you guys! and thats unacceptable because i love you all equally! so here i am.. when i should be working on classwork.. emailing the podcasters i love! here goes!

so we've spoken Aprillian about how i just recently hit 80 on my troll shaman. i like her but darned if i dont get pwnt every time i try to pvp. i like my enhancement spec, it fits my personality, but im having a hard time getting her dps where it needs to be. i want to own people dangit! i want to feel the spatter of elven and human blood across my face! i want to remove gnomes and dwarves from their spines! FORTH WITH!!

*ahem* sorry about that.. got a little over excited. anyway. my only real alt, Miba-CHINA ;) stays at around lvl 63 i think.. i was on the other night for the raid on that dragon.. onixia? was that her name? i dont know maybe not.. but i didnt make the achievement because i died, and i asked if i should release and run back in to help in the battle... and SOMEONE.. i dont know who.. i think his name starts w/ a W and ends with a ... EMB... said yes, release! and then i did.. and was locked out until the encounter was over.. YAY! thats ok.. from what i hear we will be doing it again this saturday. i havent been playing as much since i started school.. and every night i go by without logging in i always think dang.. i coulda logged in to do my cooking daily and some ah work at least... but it never ends with that so i just save myself from long nights and inadvertent in class nap time...

so for a little bit of an off topic ill be leaving for Dragon*con in 6 days. the omgwtfholyshnikes has begun and my inner fangirl is waking up from her long slumber. im ready to go squee over patrick stewart, lenoard nemoy, and HOLYCRAP william shatner. not to mention all the 20+hour in depth intricate costumes that people slave over all year. ill be twittering pictures for weeks to come. you guys will HAVE to come next year... you wont be able to resist the temptation of fan girls in bikinis and corsets.

ok i guess thats a big enough wall o' text for today. ill talk to you guys later :)

*hugs*
Karmaa 80 Enhancement Shaman- Underbog
Mibachina Member of the BOE pants on head DK army-Jubei'thos

plus a couple bank alts.. dont judge me...

Email #5 from Bidkar

Hi Aprillian, Glanthur and Ashayo,

Bidkar, undead level 80 mage, Borean Tundra here. This week I didn't play as much as I usually do. Borean Tundra and Auchindoun was down for a long time on Tuesday so I lost that day. Friday was spent updating an old computer I had so I could give it to a friend who lost his computer to a power surge. He can't afford a new computer so I helped him out with what I had.

Anyway, my paladin remains parked at Thrallmar accumulating rested xp. I leveled my warlock up to level 20. I also picked up some heirloom shoulders for her for the 10% xp bonus. I am planning on also getting the chest for her so I can stack the xp even more. I also started a priest this week, so I think I'll just mail the heirloom pieces back and forth between the two of them.

I also started a human female paladin on Runetotem. I thought it might be fun to see what it's like to play on the evil faction. I plan on picking up my druid again in six days when I'll have enough champion seals to buy the heirloom leather shoulders for him. I finally remembered to reserve Mytzlplyk for my goblin when Cataclysm comes out in the far future. Bidkar continues to churn thru dailies to provide gold for everybody.

I recognized my first gold farmers this week too! I was playing cub to the Sons of Hodir bear when I noticed the same two players out by the Jormunger cave and the frozen battleground no matter the time of day. I asked my friend who used to play WOW and he said they were gold farmers. Another noob moment for me!

Thanks for the great podcast!

For the Horde and for Glanthur!

Bidkar and his many alts


Shout Outs & Thank You

Momoments

Hello all,
just a short email this week as I will be away from home for 2 weeks and no wow.
Yes no wow for 2 weeks!!!
Call my doctor now!
:)
I know we will hear everyones opinion on the upcoming content for wow but WOW!
I dont know about all of you but I am excited and confused at the same time and I want to see mo'!

I am excited to see all the new things coming up and all the things they have not said yet that will show up when the patches or expansion come out which I think will be December (just a guess really :))

I am also confused because there is so much more to do now and so many more alts to start.
I mean Goblins and Worgen!!!!
I really need to create one of each class for them, they better increase the number of characters we can have on each server.

Well I will place a bet for Arthus in Vegas and in Chicago I will be yelling at the Cubs game Tuesday.

Thank you as always and take care.

--
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment