Monday, August 2, 2010

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 176 - Pet Story and No Juuno

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

What We've Been Doing:
Select the contest winners from:
Allecia
LizTailor
Mattdiox
Aprillian
Spent hours trying to figure out who to give the Bike to. Ended up giving it to my mage and then transfering her to one of my RAF who was getting a Rocket. Realized later, it would have been cheaper to do a RAF on that account, but hey that would have been silly.

I changed a gem on Aprillian to haste
Aprillian & Vrishna
Wailing Cavern Random
Vrishna

Draenei redemption quest ? I know we’ve covered this before, but my first pally was a blood elf and those quests took like 3 months to get thru.
Ashayo

Jeppy


Lore Segment from Alex Hana
Emails

Pet Story Entry from Mega Dan

Hi friend I hope you are well. Here's a pet story for you. I hope you like it. I have to give Juuno some credit for this to. On top of everything else she also has some editing skills. I'll paste in the script bellow. Please let me know what you think

Dan



My Dog “Wipes”

A few weeks ago as I was walking around Stormwind City. I wandered by a new pet store . In the front window they had some puppies. These cute little Pugs. So I went in the store for a closer look.

I stepped up to the pen. It was elevated making it very easy to reach in and pet the puppies. While I was standing there scratching these little guys behind their ears. I noticed one of the dogs toward the back of the pen. He was walking around sniffing. When suddenly he dropped his butt on the ground almost like he was sitting and then proceeded to use his front paws to drag himself around on his butt. It was the funniest thing I had seen in a long time. It made me laugh. I said “look that dog wipes” and as soon as I said the word “wipes” the little dog came running at me, barking and licking my hands.

“Is that your name boy, Wipes?” The little pug got even more excited. “That is too funny,” I said.
I couldn't resist so I payed the shopkeeper for the dog and I left with my new best friend. Wipes is great; he follows me everywhere I go but I've learned I have to be careful where I take him. If I stop for more than a minute, he's wiping his butt everywhere. Now going by the orphanage is great fun. The kids think he's tremendous. However, taking him to the palace when I had to see the King was a bad idea. You see the other day I was talking with the King about the affairs of state. His face went from pleasant and conversational to one of such anger I thought he would run me through with his sword right there! Suddenly he yelled “GET THAT DOG OUT OF HERE!!!” I turned around to see Wipes doing his thing all across the royal carpet. Panicking, I scooped up my dog and ran out. Yeah, that was the last time Wipes came with me to the palace.
Insert Audio here.

Pet Story from Brad
Hi guys,
Love your show please keep up the great work.
Last weeks show was hilarious and helped me soldier through some really monotonous stuff at work.
I thought I would share my pet story with you guys.
Its actually something id completely forgotten had ever happened until you started talking about funny pet stories and when I remembered I thought I would share.

I discovered WOW back in vanilla about 5 months before BC hit and my first toon was an undead warrior. Whilst I was immediately hooked on WOW I was a total noob for the first few months and fumbled my way through the game while I figured things out. I made lots of mistakes that still make me cringe to this day and funnily enough one of the most noobish moments involved getting my first pet. My warrior was level 10 or so and I discovered the cockroach vendor under the bank in Undercity. I was so excited…I had to get one of these cockroaches as at the time I thought it would do the same as the hunter pet and fight my enemies….
Unfortunatley they were 50 silver each and at the time this seemed like a fortune. I remember going out to tirisfal glades and farming mobs for what seemed like forever to raise the funds. I sold all my cloth and any random greens to vendors as at this stage I thought using the auction house to buy and sell was cheating…
Finally I raised the money and bought my cockroach and rushed straight out to tirisfal to attack some mobs and see him in action. Imagine my disappointment when I found that the darn thing did sweet bog all while I was getting my face smashed by mobs. I was convinced I was doing something wrong and spent ages fumbling through the interface and spellbook trying to find the button that told my pet to attack.
Eventually as I was getting desperate I went back into Undercity and started asking random people in /say how I get my pet to attack (I hadn’t figured out how to use channels at this stage)….I cant help but blush even now as I think what a noob a level 10 warrior would look like in Undercity with a chat bubble on his head asking how to make his pet attack…
Anyway after many WTF’s, LOL’s and ROFL’S a very nice person actually took the time to explain to me that the pets I could get were vanity only and I needed to roll a hunter. I was so mortified and embarrassed I logged out immediately and didn’t play the game again for a couple days. I was scared when I logged back in that people would know I was the ‘pet guy’ and laugh at me.

Anyway that toon is long since retired now, having never made it past lvl 30 or so but those early days of WOW when everything was fresh and new will always be very special to me, even if I did do a lot of noobish things. It’s a shame were all so jaded now. Hopefully Cata will bring some of the wonder back to the game.
Anyway guys I have to go …my Lock is going to head into Undercity right now and buy one of those cockroaches. J

For the Horde
Brad AKA Creepshow Lvl 80 Lock Jubie’thos


Pet Story from AzyxA

One fateful day, AzyxA defeated Ahune and out popped a baby scorchling!
AzyxA was very happy and there was much rejoicing. Yay.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azyxa/2787750470/

AzyxA and scorchling went on many adventures all across Azeroth, Outland, and Northrend together, saw many wonders, and defeated many foes.
http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=scorchling&w=90715018%40N00&ss=2&s=rec

Scorchling was an adorable and faithful pet but over time, AzyxA wished he would do more than cheer randomly and leave a trail of fire where ever he went.
If only he would catch small critters on fire so that AzyxA could delight in the cruel burning of cute little fuzzy animals.

One day while journeying through Northrend together, AzyxA & scorchling stopped to rest in the snow. AzyxA noticed a cute little bunny hip, hip, hoppin' along through the snow.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azyxa/2898799988/

All of a sudden scorchling lashed out with a fiery blast and the bunny burst into flames, screeching in pain!
AzyxA squealed with delight!
Scorchling had become a terror to critters all across the world! (of warcraft)
And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

--
DaN | AzyxA
http://www.flickr.com/photos/azyxa/

Pet story from Rishal

Hello Ctrlaltwow Podcasters!

I am known to the metaverse as Rishal. I play Astl, a nelf druid on Boulderfist US. But don't let the pointy ears fool you. I've got my claws and a nasty bite. But if you feed me, I'm all purrs. Oh, what's that? Excuse me, I meant to stuff all those alts back in the cupboard, but they just kept popping out! Sh, you shaman, go cast some totems... Er, heh. Never mind them.

There's a nutter who casts with you known as Jeppy. Or so I've heard, anyway. Regardless, said crazy informed me there was some sort of contest going on, yes? :D So I'm determined to get involved in it. To that end, I present to you the story of my dear Egbert. (I prefer the wind rider pet. But honestly, either would make me giddy like a school girl.)

~*~*~*~*~

Egbert is an odd looking creature, part bird and part unhatched egg. He's a cute lil' guy who stole my heart the moment he opened his eyes. He continues to pluck my heartstrings with that adorable pink beak. I take him everywhere with me, though I get worried when he runs off. I've gotten used to his wandering antics. In fact, I've grown to trust him since he always comes back to me. One night, he came with me to Ice Crown Citadel. I was certain all those nasty monsters would trample him underfoot. But, as luck would have it, he proved to be far more nimble than I knew. Every pack of monsters, every boss, Egbert managed to avoid damage. I think, if he was bigger, he'd probably have been right in there with the rest of us.

All this is just leading up to the point of my story. There we were, in the Plague Wing of Ice Crown Citadel, sitting outside of the room with Rotface. Just as we were about to start the fight, Egbert decided he wanted to join in. My heart was in my throat as he ran straight at the boss! "Wait!" I shouted to the raid, not wanting Rotface to crush my poor Egbert. But at the very last moment, Egbert veered away and came back to me. Sobbing with relief, I cuddled my silly bird. Of course we went on to finish Rotface, but only after I chastised my pet.

He still does this on occasion. Every time he does I feel my chest constrict. But I've yet to see him get the courage to actually attack something. I can't tell if he's a pacifist, toying with me, or just gathering his courage. Whatever the reason, I have to commend him for being more adventurous than my other pets. All they do it follow me around, which can be rather boring. And I have the feeling that, should he ever hit a monster, he'll one-shot it.

~*~*~*~*~

Anyway, that's that. Rather short, but I hope you liked it.

Keep alting!

Sincerely,
Rishal

Pet Story from Eranth
Aprillian, Vrishna, Jeppy & Ashayo,

Alright, I’ve got all a few minutes to get this message together and sent to you. I’ve finally managed to get all the ‘kids’ outside, playing together nicely.

I’ve got 51 little ones, 12 animals to get me around and 5 hunting companions. With almost 70 ‘kids’ about, it’s hard to get some time to myself. Being a hunter, you just seem to have these little critters drawn to you, where ever you go. Especially the little ones that can’t fend for themselves. Whoever said that hunters don’t have soft hearts didn’t know what they were really talking about. Sometimes I feel like that guy, Noah. I mean…they’re animals, they ..well, make a mess. Okay, well, the Ghostly Skull…he doesn’t really make a mess, but he’s ..just a wee big creepy. Can you imagine how hard it is to get all the other kids to play with him? Thankfully, I’ve got a Skeletal Warhorse that doesn’t mind him, so they keep decent company.

But, I mean really…there’s almost always a mess around here. Snakes, Chickens Baby Bears, Cats, a little Prairie Dog, Cockroach (why did I keep a cockroach, really?), little Wolvar Pup (he’s really a cute fellow), Scorpion, Dragonhawk Hatchling, Owls, Mechanical Chicken & Squirrel (trust me, they make a mess…you wouldn’t think so, but there are oil spots here and there), Penguins, little Lizards, Whelpings and Dragons, Dogs, Rabbits, ..Squashling, (I’m still not sure what he eats..), a Skunk (don’t ask…please..), Frog, Moths, Bat, little Wolpertinger (another really cute fellow), and a broom. Yes, a broom, the Enchanted Broom that the Blood Elves make. Then there’s my Gorilla, Big Cats, Wolves, Horses, Kodos, Hippogryph, Wind Riders, Raptor, Hawkstrider and so on.

So, why all this rambling about pets? Well, I’ll NEVER say this in front of the ‘kids’ but I have to say probably my favorite is the Enchanted Broom. I mean, none of the other ‘kids’ clean up after themselves, but that’s all he does! He’s sweeping in the morning, sweeping in the afternoon, even sweeping after midnight! I used to have a moderately low opinion of the Blood Elves and their ‘beef’ comments about the Tauren. Then, I found their Enchanted Broom. I’ve had to re-think my position on them.

Now, I love them all, don’t get me wrong. But if they all cleaned up after themselves, then it’d be so much harder to pick a favorite. I have some of the ‘kids’ I like more than others, but I try very hard not to play favorites, I do care for and love all of them.

And if you should say something about my comments here in front of one of them, I’ll completely deny and disavow any knowledge of ever saying so. But, I do think EVERYONE should have an Enchanted Broom as a pet.

Especially in front of my little Argent Gruntling. He works hard, and should be rewarded for fine service. One day he’ll make a fine Warrior for the Hoard! Now, to wrap this note up and seal it so he can deliver it to you.

“Be well…”
Eranth
Hunter of the AIE Guild
Earthen Ring

Hi Java,

The following is my entry for the short story contest. As you can see from
the story I already have the Wind Rider Cub so I would prefer it if I were
to win to get the Gryphon Hatchling code. If this can't happen no big deal
I can always give the wind rider cub to my dad.
Thank you and enjoy,
Nightlion of Undermine US

Toby Saves the Day!
The floor was cold and the little wind rider cub knew it wasn’t because of the ice that flowed over all the walls and floors. He whined softly to his owner, a human paladin and guardian of the light. She smiled back at him and muttered a small pray to the pet. Toby smiled back at her as he felt the light empower him.

They weren’t alone and the wind rider cub who had been named Toby upon his adoption by the paladin Hotaru knew that they were in the presents of good and evil forces. The Ashen Verdict troops paced back and forth in the room known to them as Light’s Hammer. All creatures that wanted in or out through the front entrance of Icecrown Citadel would have to go thru the Ashen Verdict.

“Are you ready to go?” another paladin asked Hotaru. He was a draenei and the leader of this little raid party. Although he believed in the Light, the Light gave the draenei a different power than the powers that Hotaru possessed. The draenei paladin was imbued with the powers of protection, not healing, and Toby admired that quality. Toby wagged his tail in response to the paladin’s question even though he was talking to Toby’s owner.

“Yeah we’re ready,” Hotaru said with a nod and picked up Toby by the scruff of his neck. Placing him on her helmet that was had flames pouring from the top of it; both Toby and Hotaru felt a knot form at the pit of their stomachs. Something was going to go wrong today.

They march through most of the Citadel. Toby watched as Hotaru protected her comrades from a giant, four head skeleton man and his lady friend that was also a skeleton witch. He flew happy on the flying boat where he promptly helped the fight between the Horde and Alliance by catching mice that he was convinced belonged to the Horde. By the time the group defeated a grumpy old orc, Toby was feeling as though everything would be ok. And that was true to a point.

The group killed a few more monsters that stood in their way. A crazy bat lady and her blood elf worshipers could not stand before them nor could the abominations and their master, Professor Putricide. They marched through the Frostwing Halls and both killed a former dragon and healed another. And the group was just about to face their toughest challenge yet when everything went wrong.

The rest of the team was over the threshold of the doorway leading into the balcony where Sindragosa’s dead body lay. They were eager to attack the Lich King and destroy the evil that covered the land once and for all. But Hotaru had a favor to complete. She knelt over the body of the undead dragon and muttered a prayer under her breath. Alexstrasza had asked her to bless the soul of Malygos’s dead mate. So that she might live in peace if there was an eternal life. She also wished peace to the earth as so the piece of Azeroth that Sindragosa might take with her to the afterlife would not upset the balance of the world.

With her duties completed, Hotaru looked down at Toby and smiled. He smiled back dutifully standing by her side. “Let’s go,” Hotaru mumbled down to the wind rider cub. They walked to the door; both mentally prepare themselves for the fight. Toby knew he wasn’t going to be fighting in the battle ahead but Toby also knew that he would be seeing things that should never be seen by anyone, adult, child, or cub.

They were almost to the entrance. Their party was packing up the left over fish and finishing the last of their mage water. It was then that everyone heard a thunderous explosion. The door frame collapsed in, separating Hotaru and Toby from the rest of their party. A thunderous laugh rang threw the air.

“You overcame every challenge I laid before you. My mightiest servants have fallen before your relentless onslaught, your unbridled fury... Is it truly righteousness that drives you? I wonder…” The Lich King appeared before Hotaru and Toby. He was adorned in his armor of skulls and Frostmourne glowed in his hand. His eye’s met with the paladins before he began to laugh again.

“It doesn’t matter. I will kill you then pit you against your friends. Let us see what happens when your friends become you enemies,” The Lich King laughed then lowered his voice, “Frostmourne hungers.”

That was all he said before he leapt at Hotaru. She only had enough time to pull her own sword out and block it. The Lich King laughed darkly and Hotaru growled under her breath. But Toby could see the panic in her eyes.

“Go Toby fly away from here!”

It was an order and Toby felt he must follow it. He ran and jumped off the platform, praying his wings would carry him. They did work but as Toby flew away he heard the clanging of metal and a scream. His stomach dropped as he turned around to see his owner on the ground, her sword was too far out of her reach. Toby had a change of heart. He couldn’t obey his owner orders and let her die like this. He could see just at the door way that their raid party was trying to remove the rubble to help them. Toby made a quick decision.

He flew back as fast as he could. When he was just above The Lich King, who had Frostmourne’s point near Hotaru as if to let the sword take her soul; Toby closed his wings. Toby landed on The Lich King’s head and began to scratch and bite with his cub claws and fangs. A roar erupted from The Lich King as he grabbed the wind rider cub by the scruff of his neck and threw him across the balcony. Toby land with a hard thump on the icy floor. The cub growled as he tried to get back on his paws again so he could fight. But The Lich King kicked him again so that he was on the ground.

“The little runt is clever… and kind of cute.” He shook his head at the change of though. “He would make a valiant servant for my undead army.”

The Lich King lowers Frostmourne to the wind rider cub’s body. Toby closed his eyes. He was about to die. But just before The Lich King could kill the cub a sword pierced threw The Lich King’s body, killing him. Toby looked into the face of the draenei paladin that led the group. The other paladin smiled at him.

“You have done a good job today, Toby. We killed The Lich King and you help save the day!”

Actual Emails

Email # A from Foog

Hi Apirllian, Ashayo, Virshna, and Jeppy in no specific order. Since I have to be part of the show instead of just enjoy listening I've put a little audio segment for you. Hopefully this will be enough to let me join you fine people in the Winterhoof guild, after all I will need a place for my wargan come Cataclysm.
I'll spare you by not listing my alts but all in all there are 5 80's , 2 74's and A 66 in AIE, and a 70 DK on JubJub in Pants on Head. There are many many more spread on many more relms. Sorry for the poor punctuation and/or grammar. I'm just a lowly candy store owner in Alaska. Please don't enter me in any drawings listening to you four each week is enough of a prize.
Thanks,
Milagro warlock AIE - Earthen Ring
For the Horde
F00g on Twitter

Email #B from Gongrim
Hi all at ctrlaltwow

Its Gongrim here again not wrote in a while so I thought I'd write and tell you what I been up to.

Firstly I've had a few days away on holiday with the family, which was nice and allowed me to recharge the battery's. But upon returning I found that my account had been hacked. Which I was really annoyed about as you may well imagine. Its really funny that it happened after I took the authenticator app off my phone due to it being returned for a fault and used the main desktop in the house instead of my laptop :(

So when I finally got my account back I found all my characters naked apart from tabards and trinkets they couldn't sell or disenchant. They'd took over 35k in gold and nearly 100k of mats from the 12 guild bank tabs I've got. So over the next few days blizzard returned everything.

While I was sorting everything out I decided it was time I started my RAF so I created my account and account and off I went. So in the last week I have got a hunter to 24 and a druid to 18. I keep playing these on alternate days keeping them in city's so they can have the extra xp from being rested. I also managed to do my daily hc's on gongrim and vorek everyday and get my Dk to 70 who I have just duel specced blood tank/dps for the trip to 80.

Well that enough from me for now keep up the good work on the show

Gongrim lvl80 dwarf warrior Dragonblight EU

PS I think the thing aprilian was referring to is the beasts of northrend trinket. It summon valkyr's and other things to fight with you
Sent from my BlackBerry smartphone from Virgin Media

Email # C from Kurly

Tis yer old buddy Kurly......

I am BEYOND excited about the CAW guild. When I heard it on the pod cast I immediately logged onto Winterhoof and created three toons (Tank, Heals, and DPS), and cant wait for them to be added to your guild....if you decide I am worthy of course! I find it amusing that you have created an Alliance guild as I assumed it would be Horde, but now I have a place to roll a Gnome Priest, and a Human Hunter and I cant wait to run with you all.

My Pally hit 80 on the morning of Friday July 23rd. She is is last of the four toons I initially created when I started playing WOW to ding 80, and the toon I was on when I got a guild invite from the woman I have since become friends with, and are going to Seattle in the fall to meet her, her boyfriend and their baby. That was just about two years ago, and I remember being all suspicious of her guild invite as at the time I had no idea what I guild was and was wondering what this weird woman wanted from me.

Working on an 80 now is a lot different than it was just a year ago. I had been purchasing level 80 PVP gear for Annamia starting at level 70 with Honor that I had been getting since level 10 (not as much as you would think, but...enough), and the badges she got running instances. Trying to tank on a toon that is level 70 is not something I would suggest as I had no idea what abilities to use when and would often forget the Prot buff that raises your aggro.

Being the trooper that I am, however, I refuse to give up on tanking, and plan to try again and see if I can get the feel for it. I hated healing at first, but it has since become my favorite thing to do....so I am looking forward to the challenge of tanking.

Anywho....you all have a great day!!!

Hugs and Love....Kurlie

PS....I think you thwee should stop making fun of the way The Jeppers talks.


Email # D from Karen
Hey, Ctrl-Alt-WoW crew!

Long time, no write, I know, but thought I'd drop you a note to let you know that I'm still around, still listening and still playing WoW.

Have to say I love your long episodes because I'm teaching 6 classes this quarter and all of them let out at evening rush hour, so I'm sitting in traffic and I need my podcasts to get me through.

Thought I'd let you know how I weave WoW into my real-world teaching. I teach college level courses (English and Computer Applications), so when I introduce myself, I tell my classes that my game of choice is World of Warcraft. I find it interesting that out of the 120 or so students I'm teaching this quarter, I only have two that also play the game. Even if they don't play, I think it helps me connect with the students and helps them see me as something more than just a teacher. I also use WoW as examples. In English we talk about stories and writing and where we find them, including video games. In Computer Apps we talk a lot about security and safety on the Internet, so I can whip out my authenticator and explain how it works.

So much for the real world. Though I don't have much time to play right now, I'm puttering along, using WoW as an escape from reality. I have four 80's and all the other toons I'm leveling are 55+ except for one baby paladin that I'm leveling with my friend. I hope to get everyone to 80 before Cataclysm, well, not the pally, but that's okay.

I'm spending a little time taking a last look around the world. My warlock, Surt, recently switched to skinning, so I had to take him back to the starter areas to level it up. I found myself in the Barrens, so figured I should go visit Mankirk's wife. Just then the Alliance patrol passed by. Surt took great pleasure in killing them all.

Speaking of Surt, he's a bit of a problem toon. He's a blood elf (and aren't they all problem toons?) and he absolutely refuses to adventure if his clothes don't match. As a warlock, this can pose a bit of a problem (we like to call warlocks clowns for the outfits they usually wind up in). Thankfully he has the BOA shoulders and robe and those match perfectly.

Anyone ever had problems with a toon that wouldn't do what you wanted him to? Or is that just me?

One last note on dwarf rogues. I don't have one, but have known a few and envied them for one reason: treasure detection. Makes it much easier to find those sneaky lockboxes.

That's it for now, keep up the podcasts and the great work!

Karen


Email #2 from Inacan
Hello Fine People of CAW.

Sorry I haven't emailed in a long time.

I just wanted to drop a note to help Aprillian with forgetting the quest line "what a long strange trip its been."

It gets its name from a line in the Greatful Dead song "truckin" and I will link the youtube vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pafY6sZt0FE

Hope this helps you remember.

Smoking something prior to listening is optional but at least wear a Tie-Dyed t-shirt and maybe a flower or two.

Keep doing that voodoo that you do.

Inacan

PS....Why do Troll females say "you come get the voodoo" and the male trolls say "stay away from the voodoo"?.....I'm just wondering /wink


Email # E from Mattdiox

Hello CAW crew, which includes the hyperactive altohholic Apprillian, the all knowing all powerful Varshna, the just too sexy and sultry for words Ashayo (To girls I mean ... not to me ... I like breasts!) and that British guy ... just kidding. The hilarious and just too damn Brillo-Bananas Jeppy.
Mattdiox is in fact back and you can all stop worrying. Why you would I don't know, I'm a young English bloke who sends you emails.

Any-who.
The only thing I can think of to tell you about my WoW time in this email is that fact that I had my first rude group leader as a healer. I have had many rude group leaders as a DPS, complaining to me. But this man was particularly rude to me and the mage for no real reason.
It was all going very well and I thought everything would be fine until the mage stopped to get some mana and the tank proceeded to pull. The mage quickly yelled "Mana!" Where the tank merely replied: "It's okay, we can do it without you."
This was my first clue that this guy was -to put it lightly- a badger with his head shoved so far up his bottom that if he sneezed he'd give himself a heart palpitation.
I kept going and left it at that until this guy just continued to whine. He was commenting on every little thing. Eventually I just said to him: "Are you going to keep whining? 'Cause the healer has better things to do then be insulted like this."
He said nothing and then we got to the next boss. We all whiped, the first time, okay yes we didn't know the tacs so it was fine for us to die. But this guy got so annoyed it was ridiculous. He told us all to stay as close to him in the pull as possible. So we all did and people were dying so quickly that I couldn't keep up. I'm not a great healer, but even a goddess of pure healing through the ether couldn't have healed that. Now I am not saying this guy was a bad tank, we just weren't doing it right.
But this guy just started ticking me off. "You can't even heal me up to full!" Yeah because he was dropping to half health in a few hits it was ridiculous. And does no one find it strange that a priest (me) had more health than a retribution paladin at the same level as me?
The only person I liked from that group was the mage because we were sort of in it together because we were both two female characters being demeaned by three idiotic lads with the internet woohas flayling in the air. Now I am not saying they were being so rude because my character and the mage's were female. No I am saying they were being so rude for the sake of being rude. And it was like highschool, the tank was the main bully the other two just kind of leaned in from behind shaking their fists because they thought being friends with a moronic bafoon would help them in life.

I haven't given up on dungeons, but I have until Cataclysm most likely.
Also, I started a Dreanai Deathknight on a different realm for funzies. Yay, it's also the realm I plan to start my Worgen. Shhhh don't tell anyone I have an allience toon.

Also, thanks for talking about my show. I didn't realise I got so passionate and quivery in Episode 19.5 but seriously thanks for the honourable mention. You guys always have a place on the show and I would love to have you on some time. Especially you Jeppy Wink wink. (I would say Apprillian but I fear the wrath of Varshna!)

And just like the last, here is some audio. This time two pieces of poorly done audio.
One is the second "Ghoul Store" Which I need to think of a better name for if you guys want me to keep doing it. I'd like to hear your listeners thoughts on it too.
And the second is another cover song of a very popular song. Now before you play it, I don't think for a second that I sung this song well or correctly. This is more to be hilariously bad than mind blowingly wonderful.
Either way I hope you like it.

Oh yeah, and thanks for the winning roll, last, last show. But I have already won it before so I couldn't accept another prize (Even though the first prize of 1 month wouldn't work 'cause it was American.) So I guess you will just have to do one more roll for that show. But if that is just a hassle I would gladly ease your burden and take a Little K'T off your hands. (He is one of the in-game pets you mean right?)
Also, since you counted my ghoul store in the pet contest, my preference would be the wind rider. Can a horde even have the gryphon?

Lot's of love, divine shields and pure British awesomeness.
- Mattdiox, For the Bwitish! All thwee of them!

P.S The potatoes are lonely! Give them a home!
P.P.S Do you think I should stop with the walls of text and just do all of my emails in audio form now? 'Cause I do right a lot.
P.P.P.S Can you all in turn please say Jub Jub because it's the best thing I have ever heard when you guys say it.


Email #2 from Arygos
Howdy yall.

Love the podcast and thank you for not being short. The hours at work fly by a lot faster listening to you vs some short BOE podcast. (Mind ya they rock too).
Anyhow listening today to 175 Beers on the wall and heard some talk about a mage with some pets that helped attack the mobs...look up Nibelung...two handed staff with a chance to call a val'kyr to fight along with you. Not sure if thats what the mage had but its a possibility.

Keep up the laughs and fun for your listeners (not to mention yourselves) and thank you very much for them

Server Arygos:
Crilherin 80 Prot Pally
Leseig 80 SPriest
Bhandayd 80 Holy Priest

Jubaeiae Thos (or however its spelled)
Sinthvia 22 Lock

quick question for ya...i'm fail at joining channels in wow...i tried /join theboechannel (got connected to /6 joined channel the...so if i want my quiz is it just /join BOE ???



Email #3 from Theoric

Hey guys,

Awesome podcast!!!

Here is a screenshot i took of the Val'kyr guardian, which is an on use ability of Nibelung. A weapon from ICC 25 ( Aprillian dint know what these were in the instance she was running the other day )

Theoric
80 Orc hunter, Wyrmrest Accord US


Email #E from Chol

Hey Guys,

Just for the, ah, less sociable members of the crew I took this opportunity to run my email through a "de-mumbling" machine.

1. Dead to me ... (pick a male crew member) ...

2. Just for clarification, how do you pronounce "Chainsaw"? "Chol" starts the same way. Yes, the word was chosen carefully.

3. I've been levelling a mage and a hunter. Unsure why I started two before Cataclysm comes out. Curious as to thoughts about Mage survivability. I've been told Frost spec is the appropriate survival spec, however, I found I have a truly ridiculous number of deaths 30 levels in. Is it just that the Mage, while a sensational dps'er, is absolute rubbish when it comes to surviving anything more serious than a mildly irritating hiccup? Other than running with someone else, it seems that the Mage is doomed to have a crazy number of deaths while levelling.

Chol.

Email # F from 'Te'drah

Hey guys & gal of Ctrl Alt WoW,

Finally got a chance to listen to CAW #175 this week and all I can say is El Jeppy made me cry. You made Aprillian so happy, it was awesome. And now all I can picture is Aprillian riding around on her mechano hog using her crude throwing axe to slaughter bunnies and kittens. Vrishna don't look! And cover your ears or the screaming will haunt you.

My Druid friend, Sagiv, has a weapon or piece of gear, not sure which it is, that spawns three winged women that look like the twins in ToC that fight alongside him. I think this is what Aprillian was talking about.

Just looked it up on armory. It's the Nibelung staff. It has a chance of summoning Val'kyr when you cast harmful spells.

Vrishna's little comments this week were priceless. Got a little "blue" a few times, lol.

I'm afraid I have Aprillian's focus issue. I'm kind of all over the place in WoW lately, and in this email, apparently.

I used my DK, Pettrah, as a mule to transfer some heirloom items and bags over to Jub Jub so my baby hunter in Pants on Head would be able to level a little faster.

I've made a baby toon on Winterhoof in hopes of joining the Ctrl Alt Wow guild. She's only 5, but I'm looking forward to leveling Alliance for a change.

I haven't had much time to spend on my AIE warlock on Earthen Ring because I've been doing some reputation grinds on my main, Tedrah on Sisters of Elune.

I was really trying to get the 35 exalted achievement so that I could quit obsessing about reps. But Blizzard pulled a fast one on me. There's a 40 achievement as well and it has a title: the Exalted. That was just mean because 'Tedrah the Exalted' just sounds great. So now I'm furiously killing pirates trying to work on all 4 Steamwheedle Cartel groups at once.

I also recently got the 25 tabards achievement and I really like the Tabard of the Achiever that you get for it. It's very unique looking.

Tedrah has also finally finished her Netherwing rep and bought her netherdrakes. I now have 80 mounts. Going to have to return to doing argent tournament dailies to get more mounts. Still too far from 100 and my red dragonhawk mount.

Well I guess I've taken up enough of your time so I'll let you go for now.

Oh wait, one last thing, lol. You all completely crack me up because every other time I write in, you change my sex and call me a man. I figure it must be because you pronounce Tedrah as 'Ted'rah as opposed to 'Te'drah and Ted is masculine. Anyway, just for the record, I'm a woman.

Now I really will let you go. Although it's hard to say goodbye to such entertaining people as the sexy voiced el Jeppy, the awesome Ashayo, the lovely Aprillian and the kind hearted Vrishna.

For the Horde!
'Te'drah of Sisters of Elune and her various alts.

Sent from my iPhone


Email #3 from Christian
Newbie Alert
Hello Ctrl Alt Wow gang!

I am just now finding your wonderful podcast and I am hooked after only listening to a few episodes! I'm a very casual WoW player (aka n00b) and came across your podcast via Twitter! Someone mentioned it and I got nosey and just had to check it out. I listened to the current episode, episode 175, at work and enjoyed myself SO much I listened to three more episodes and before I knew it the workday was over!

I absolutely love listening to your stories, accomplishments, misadventures and knowledgeable tips hidden through all the laughter (I too LOVE LOVE LOVE Aprillian's and Vrishna's laughs) and I love hearing Vrishna's point of view when it comes to the game because he is still fairly new to the game - from what I understand. (By the way, I love Ashayo's and El Jeppy's accents!)

I currently have a level 72 Blood Elf Paladin named Xtian (Ex-tee-en) which is suppossed to mean Christian (my name) but no one ever understands it. lol. I wrote it like that because of how people shorten Christmas to Xmas, in case you were wondering (please don't be sarcastic and say you didn't care! lol) I also have a slight case of Altaholicism as all my character slots on my server are full with a ton of different classes. I've been trying to get my boyfriend to play, but he is just not interested. Here's hoping I can get him to join like Aprillian was able to do with Vrishna!

Thank you and I would love to play with you all one day on the CAW guild on Winterhoof!

FOR THE HORDE!!! (Even though I think female Dwarves are really fun to play)
-Christian

Email #4 from Berte

Hello Aprillian and crew,

I haven't written in a while, as I am a silent listener from the very beginning. But I would like to participate in your guild on Winterhoof when I am able, so you have forced me to write to you yet again. I was a little hestitant, as a few episodes ago you called "dwarves lower than gnomes". I was deeply insulted. I considered pouring my ale over your head.... but I can't reach that high, and its a waste of good ale. Perhaps a good kick to the shin.

Consider this warning! You will be contacted from a dwarf something-or-other teamed with another dwarf something-or-other, as soon as I figure our which combo I would like to try dual boxing from scratch. And you will be awed .... or at least have a good laugh. Thanks for the great podcast!

Berte,

(pronounced Ber-tay)

Proud Dwarven Priest, Steamwheedle Cartel


Shout Outs & Thank You

Momomoment
Hello everyone,
Hope you are all doing well.

I dont know about all of you but it has been a nice crazy busy week in gaming. I am sure all of you know that Starcraft 2 came out this past week and I know it will affect wow until the expansion comes out. I have played it myself but I know I will continue to play wow too of course (as I am playing now).
It is nice to try other games, take breaks from wow, I know that may be hard to believe but I believe in that. For me that especially applies to raids. It is so nice to take breaks, long breaks from raiding especially when it is not fun. For example, we have been raiding with some old guildies (who are in another guild now) and we have been slowly progressing in ICC 10. Before I go on let me state that all 10 people in this raid and the others that come and go if they are on (like me) have been pretty casual and open minded in being understanding with peoples schedules, gear, lack of not being a good wow player to put it basically. This past Tuesday I did not make the raid but on Wednesday I logged into wow and was chatting with some guildies. They started telling about the raid and before I go on I will need to tell you something first. The others we know have a priest who they have helped gear up for her disc and shadow spec. She is actually better geared than most people that run this guild. It is just....well only way to say it is to say it...she is just not that great of a wow player it seems like. Which I feel terrible about because I feel the same way. I am not hardcore, I struggled for a long time gearing up my priest and for a time it was not fun that is why I really have not been a big raider fan.
Ok back to the raid on Tuesday, I was told yet again she was either last on dps or last on healing and just was not helping the raid once again. The raid leader had other opinions, he said that everyone has been making mistakes and just mistakes we should not be making. Now at this point I am being selfish and am thinking to myself how glad I am I missed this hell night!
Now how long does a raid, how long do the 9 other people need to try and try again to help people that are just not good or great raiders?
I really put myself in that category as I have made mistakes in Sindragosa (spelling?) that I know I shouldnt have. I have been told that I am a great healer and yes I have been tops in the healing charts for 10's and 25's but for me that is not enough. I have been doing my best to try to be great in all categories. I look at if the raid wiped or not, that is the #1 stat I think. I also look at over heals; if I am over healing, that is such a waste and part of the problem.
Well end story is that I feel bad for her but I also feel bad for others that have ran out of patience and just all frustrated out. Right now it looks like we will not be raiding with this priest and I wish I could have helped in some way. I know some guildies tried, tried to help, give pointers but I guess it was unsuccessful.
Sometimes this game of ours just has sad outcomes but life does go on thankfully :)

Well hope that little story above has made sense, I feel like I am rambling now.

Hope July was great for you as for me it was lame but here is to a GREAT rest of the year.
Oh and I really would like to buy a Ctrl Alt Wow shirt for Comicon so please let me know when I can do if anything to help.

Thank you as always, Love to listen in to everyone and have another great week.

--
Mo
Tweets
Lisa Jensen (@Allecia13)
7/27/10 18:17
@Ashayo O.M.G. You talking the drunk talk when reading Nevik's letter was AWESOME!! ROFLMAO - my coworkers are looking at me strangely, rofl
Sent with Twitter for iPhone
Lisa Jensen (@Allecia13)
7/27/10 14:09
zomg I heard my story on @ctrlaltwow! :D Virishna read it fabulous too! I'm all smilies now :D That was fun to hear, even tho I was nervous
Sent with Twitter for iPhone
Lisa Jensen (@Allecia13)
7/27/10 14:09
@Aprillian And you guys pronounced my name correctly too! lol


Sent with Twitter for iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment