Friday, January 21, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 199 - Ashayo's Back & We've Got Him

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.



What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian
Hopped on the worgens on Winterhoof. Brought in Shaasha to take them around.
Epril is levelling up JC. Having a good time prospecting but not making high level gems just yet
Cooking dailies




Aprillian & Vrishna
OMG - HEROICS BAYBBEEE

Drak'Tharon Keep Healing and then tanking. Actually getting better gear which is great but also sad.

What's up with Brunhildar disguise on Aprillian ? Ashayo ? And the Hodir quests. Aprillian's rep is quite high but she is still unable to do certain dailies ? Unfinished quest chains ? Ashayo ?

Went to Mt. Hyjal and started the quests there

Visited Winterhoof finally and ran our Worgens from Lor'danel to Astranaar






Vrishna
What a drag in the drag ! Granted, I was a rogue at the time but c'mon brothers and sisters. I was stopped, waiting patiently for a re-spawned prickly pear and bam ! Alea Iacta Est Invictus goblin trike riding snipin' little green man comes along and .. oh well. "(sigh)

Dinged 83 doing dailies and archaeology. I try to use my rocket to chauffeur my low level toons to as many FP's as possible. I've learned to leave them a safer distance from my actual digs as opposed to agro-ing EVERY mob in the area ! Finished all the quests in Storm Peaks as well. From 79 to 83, solo questing only in Storm Peaks.

Ashayo

Jeppy

Emails

Email #A Kurly

Hey All,
So my IPOD broke this last week...what a total bummer!! Since it is the method by which I use to listen to podcasts, I have not been able to listen to any starting from last week. I cant listen to them while I play WOW as I find it too distracting. I am hope to pick up a new shuffle come Friday January 20th, and will happily catch up as listening to podcasts has become a big part of my life! My bitterness over my loosing my ipod, however, has sucked the desire to submit an audio submission right out of me, so for now, EMAIL!!

I did a race change on my hunter..she is now a human female named Khurlie, and she is my second 85. Having seen all of the new zones (but not all of each zone), I have to say that the best way to find each of the new dungeon entrances is to start in Vash'jir, then go to Uldam, and then Twilight Highlands. This feature of the expansion (having to find the entrances to dungeons before you can queue for them) is not my favorite. Having done Hyjal, Deepholm, and T-Highlands the only dungeon she "found" was stone core, and the lesser amount of dungeons you have discovered the longer it takes for you to get picked up for a random, and by the time I did get one, I was just about ready to call it quites for the night on that toon.

I have also been severly neglecting my toons in other guilds...namely AIE, CAW and Taint. Of my three toons that were in AIE, I have only been able to get one back in and with all of this Guild Leveling nonsense I actually feel a little guilty NOT playing in my home guild. Also, as my guild on Ysondre is a guild of me, me, and only me, will it ever leveL?

Still, there is so much to see and do. The Therazane dailies offer some very good rep rewards and with 7 of them it takes very little time to work up. I am going to start doing the Tol Barad dailies as well as figure out what 80 to level next. Having done Heals/DPS (My Priest) and then DPS (My hunter) I was thinking a tank, but since my tank seems to be stuck at level 72 (not because I am afraid to tank or anything), ima think my boomkin may be next.

I hope you are all having fun as well.

Peace n' stuff!

Kurlz


Email #B from Mattdiox - Audio

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I have a suggestion for "ghoul store" since he was at a loss. His voice character kind of reminds me of the ShamWow guy with an accent. So my proposal is doing the Shamwow guy for Azeroth. The trick would be to use the toons of your fanbase.

    For example: My Troll Tailor barks: Tadedra's Tailored Goods: From Stylish Shirts to Elegent Dress, crafted with you in mind.

    This would help two fold, it would give a nice little shout out to your fan base (something they can brag about) and hopefully you would have a constant stream of new material.

    ReplyDelete