Sunday, January 30, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 200 - The 200th

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

Anniversary:

Premise for podcast - Have fun, talk about alts, encourage contributions, never criticize guest or contributers

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian
Clicking on v bar for muddy crawfish

Aprillian & Vrishna
Virinya, Epril, Auruk and Aprillian doing heroics.

Vrishna and Astara in outland.

Wailing Caverns with the twenties.
Vrishna
New refer a friend with cata. Kudos to blizzard for the favor.
Pally twins to 25 maybe 26 by end of show. Jeppy was right.

Saw Ashayo in the flesh ! (Or at least the pixels)

Virinya to 84. WOOT WOOT
Doing the elders and the honor snafu.
Chocobo works for both jousting tourneys.
Archaeology to 280. Got Fossilized Raptor, Kaldorei Wind Chimes and Fossilized Hatchling.

Question for Ashayo about Arkinventory and transferring rules and category bars across accounts.

Ashayo

Jeppy

Emails

Email #1

G'day CAW Crew! Just thought I'd send in an update on Praevus, alittle over a month after Cataclysm was released my Worgen Druid Praevus dinged 85. Let me tell you, the Cataclysm zones are amazing both in content and looks! I really don't have a zone I don't like, which is really odd. With Wraith I had some zones I just didn't care for like Grizzly Hills and Borean Tundra, but I just can't find one in Cataclysm. I hear alot of complaints about the Uldum cut scenes but I really enjoyed it! Though I do have to say to Blizzard, VOICE ACTING! Why oh why do we have such good in game cut scenes and we have to read chat bubbles, it really breaks the feel of the scene that they are trying to show. If they have to make it an optional download for those that don't care but man give us voice actors..
On another note Praevus is maxxed out in Skinning and Herbalism and man oh man the money for both Skins and Herbs is crazy! I'm tempted to drop a gathering skill to pick up either Leatherworking or Inscription but just not sure at this time.

Aprillian and Vrishna, you need to pull up your bootstraps and get on out there in the new content. You are missing out on some great great questing and mullah! The mobs are not as bad as you think they are. They hit alittle hard, true, but it's all manageable. You can do it! Hey it's more fun when you're at level then being 85 banging on lvl 80-81 mobs. Come on you guys get out there and get to the new content :)

Well time to get back to working on Thymr, my lvl 82 Enh/Resto Shaman :)

Take care all and have a good time in and out of game...

-Xenfoo "player of many alts, master of none"


Email #B

Hey guys, Congratulations on episode 200! fabulous work! I have just been running around on my mage goblin, just hit 81 and have been really enjoying Frost. I do a little bit of everything so it will be great to have a solid pvp and raiding spec when I finally gear up. After looking forever it feels like I finally came up with enough Khorium ore to finish my turbo flying machine from engineering so im glad to get that out of the way. I just feel like a goblin looks better on a crickety looking home made helicopter than a dragon.
I'm some what looking forward to running more heroic instances. I'm a little bit with Aprillian on the whole not carrying your weight fear in heroics. Plus you have to deal with rude people and the groups fall apart for no reason and all that good stuff so it can be a bit daunting. But you have to deal and carry on, pretty much like every day life some people just want to ruin the fun for others.
I heard Jeppy over on the Addicted cast and he was super funny as always. I just started listining to that one so i'll have to go give a shout out to Hyp and Cypher over on thier site. Yours and theirs are definitaly my two favorite casts.
Have a great week!
Phobic

Email #C

Greetings Ctrl Alt Crew,



It has been quite some time since I last wrote and I figured what better time to chime in than episode 200! I ended up taking a break from WoW around September until the Cata launch. The time away really renewed my interest in the game and the expansion sealed the deal.



“Just when I thought I was out….”



I rolled a couple new characters to try out the new starting areas and really enjoyed the Worgen storyline. Eventually I settled back on my main, Keelhaul Undead Warrior and leveled him up to 85. I tanked a few of the new dungeons but really enjoyed exploring the new areas. Uldum being my favorite of the lot.



With all of the guild perks, some of which requiring guild rep, I find it difficult to play my other toons. Are you guys feeling this as well?


Anyway I decided to focus on my professions on Keelhaul and will have jewelcrafting maxed by the time you read this message. Last weekend I decided to drop mining and pick up enchanting. I really enjoy both professions but they can be costly if you are not patient, luckily, I am and have been farming many of the old dungeons for mats. It is a decent way to pick up some of the older enchanting recipes as well. Not to mention some of the older enchants still sell very well as they can be applied to heirloom gear.



While running these dungeons I have also collect a warehouse full of cloth which I have been sending to Aprillian since I do not need it and I’m sure more than a few of her army of alts are tailors or at least it can be used to power level first aid. So far, I have been able to solo all of the dungeons up to Heroic Halls of Lightening. My first solo run I got the blue drake mount woot!



I am still running a few of the older dungeons for various drops and rep. If I see you guys on I'll send you a whisper to see if you have an alt that needs whatever dungeon I happen to be running. Thanks again for all of the great episodes and here’s to the next 200!

Cheers!



~Keelhaul

85 Undead Warrior

AIE Guild Earthen Ring




Email #


Hey CAW crew-

Just wanted to write in and say gratz! Your podcast has dinged 200! I just wanted to say (again) thanks for putting on a great podcast. It is something I Iook forward to every week.

I recently re-made my annoying, /dance - ing, bunny-killing gnome warlock on Winterhoof into a Worgen mage. I just never seemed to get attached to the gnome and so I never played him. I'm already enjoying his new look and the Worgen starting area.

After a few hours of questing, I decided I was going to keep the Worgen. And after saying I was going to join the Ctrl Alt Wow guild for months, I finally showed up in the CAW channel and got the invite from Nevik (thanks!). I look forward to seeing my new guildies in game and killing bunnies for the glory of the guild. Only 50,000 critters and we can get the armadillo pup pet, so come on people, let's focus on what is really important. :)

Skral

P.S.- Best wishes to Jeppy and family- I hope he gets well soon.


Email # from Nicky


I've just gotten my droid phone and I'm still discovering all the apps
and such. I wanted to add your feed to my Google Listen List but I
can't seem to find an RSS http address. Is it because of the PodBean
thing? I'm trying to keep everything all together and don't want a
ton of sign ons. Let me know if you have any insite into how that
stuff works.

http://ctrlaltow.podbean.com/feed


Email #

Hi CAW Crew,

It's been awhile since we've let you know what we've been up to. We loved being on the show and there's no way that we can bring as much content as Ashayo can but we tried. Thanks for having us on!

We didn't know you all were recording early so we missed the opportunity to let you all know how great the podcast is and how much we appreciate all that you all do. Oh well, I guess we'll have to do it this week. :)

Caoboi and I have been playing WoW but we are constantly getting pulled away and distracted by other games as well. We got into the Rift Beta which plays a lot like WoW as well as a game on Steam called Magicka. Not to mention my playing of Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood.

But I'll concentrate on WoW for the purpose of this email. We've been playing on two sets of alts lately. Our lower level goblins have been getting a little less love than our level 82 shaman and mage. We've been having an awesome time demolishing quests in Mt. Hyjal. We'll be leet like Ashayo soon and have our second 85s.

We've been having fun raiding on our mains. We took down Maliorak in Blackwing Descent. He's been a monkey on our backs for a week or so and glad to have gotten him down. I know I've said it before but i really enjoy raiding. Doing what I need to do and it's the best when I don't make a mistake :)

Well we love you guys and I plan on playing more WoW so we have more things to report. Also we've started a blog for both of us called atvalentine.com. It's just a blog where we talk about all the stuff we like to do. I know it's a shameless plug but it's the first I've ever done. I hope you don't mind. If you do, no need to read :)

You all have a great WoW week.

Iceflow and Caoboi


Email

Hey Aprillian, Ashayo, jeppy and Vrishna,
Well it has been a very long time since I last wrote to you( episode 59). I thought Hitting 200 was important enough to write again. You 4 collectively make Ctrl Alt Wow my favorite podcast to listen to each week. I have been missing you all on Winterhoof. I have decided that our guild deserves to at least reach the second level and I am now leveling a Paladin to help my Level 85 hunter do that. Anyway Congrats on hitting the big 200 episodes. May there be many more to come. Well I know this is short but I have to get back to it, guild's don't hit level 2 by themselves.

Matahorn/Elodar from Winterhoof
Shout Outs & Thank You


Momomoment200

Hello, a BIG HELLO!
Happy 200th episode!
Wow that is cool, all the people that have hosts, guest hosts, listeners, emailers, everyone! So cool, awesome, great, any other work you can think of say it now!
You are all, we are all part of each others lives believe it or not and hope we dont take each other for granted because that is how regular you are in our lives.
A big big thank you and you really dont know how much I appreciate all of you for entertaining us just because the love of game/live you have. Thank you!

I truly cannot remember when the first episode it was and how I started with the first few teens listening in each week but I do know that each week I look forward to listening in. I am glad I can contribute is any way I can. I do remember years ago when I first started emailing in and I won a month of wow! I was so happy, giddy, I could not believe it :)

For the last few weeks I...well have been just doing the same :)
Mainly working on my priest moheal, trying to do heroics or regular dungeons and yes I say try as you all know how dungeoning is.

I have also been looking at other servers and guilds to possible join. Mr Nevik was kind enough to suggest his guild Awry on Cenarius server, a horde guild. I have been trying to apply to their guild and move a character but life/work really keep getting in the way. For the days I have been able to log on I just get a dungeon in and than Im done.

I was going to go into a few horror stories but I think I will save them for next week.

Thank you again for your awesome work and I know I may have passed it up in the past but maybe one day I can come on and say hello over the skype world to you all and also looking forward to leveling my winterhoof characters.

FOR THE CTRLALTWOW!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment