Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 222 - RAF-arama

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

Juuno's Corner:

Hello Darlings!  I hope you're doing great!!!  hehe...here's a little something...playing in Garageband is fun!  =D

*great big hugs*

Juuno  =)

What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

HOL to get UC rep for Tiiaa
Finally got it

Epril had quit the Unfamiliar Waters quest several times. The one you get from the dude on Garrosh's right. Could see the number in Valley of Honor but couldn't find the anyone with a quest. Finally read the quest and had to talk to someone

Quint boxed AT for money and seals

Sat night & Sun Ran Drame through Hellfire Ramp/cit Drame was on unrested xp
Putzed around. Did not take advantage of

Elephant juggling on multiple accounts is hard
Making money is hard

Aprillian & Vrishna

Ran DK's with Epril & Drame through Ramparts

Came back from Ramparts and was whispered by Caza'rez to get  [The Blood is Life]

Vrishna

Even thieves get hungry

Finally got my DK's out of starting area

CoD -

Apology

Ashayo

Midsummer
- Tank, dps, heal Ahune, dps on hunter warlock
- Fires galore

Glaciuss
- Won a great AV
- Tip: Don't type /afk in a BG
- AV [Frostwolf Perfection] - Win AV without losing a tower or captain. You must also control all of the Alliance's towers

4.2
- Crowd Control - no aggro
- Pet change to aggressive
If a player wins a Need roll under the Need Before Greed system on a Bind on Equip item, the item will become Soulbound to that player. The item will remain unbound if won via a Greed roll.
- no keys

Jeppy

  • Finally got 200 TB commendations and bought the excellent [Drake of the West Wind]
  • Completed Ice Crown and got Icecrown: The final Goal. Planning to do Loremaster backwards.
  • Did all the flames on Wight and Haibai. Wish this holiday lasted ALL year.
  • Picked up Exalted with Dragon Maw clan.
  • Farming XP in Icecrown on Haibai decided to give an instance a go. My goal to get her to 75 before 4.2

***************

Violet Hold.

Relatively easy and quick (average 20 minutes) about 55 gold and some greens plus tons of skinning. At 74 Haibai earned 165000 xp,
Discovered if Haibai doesn't 'make it' through the door she still earns rep though oddly not the 10% from shoulders.
I do hate Ichoron though!

  • Made a load of Hardened Elementium and slapped it on AH before shutdown. All sold!
  • HaiBai hit 75 but actually I delayed the shuffle and started leveling her enchanting instead. Will turn jewels into rings etc and DE for dust.
  • Logged straight in at 7pm when ER came back up and started Firelands quest chain. Very psychological and epic. Funny alliance flagging themselves in middle of huge battles.
  • Did first set of dailies. Limited to 12 tree thingies each day.
  • Pushing Belfish to 85 so she can start them.

BIG TRIAL CHANGES. 

No longer 10 day trial for just Vanilla but a never ending upto level 20 trial (with same old restrictions) that includes BC. All vanilla accounts now upgraded to battle chest and include BC. Some level 59 twinks dinged before they knew lol.

No longer possible to buy just vanilla comes with BC as well (19.99 via Blizz)

RAF Goes to 80!!!

Zomg! Seriously thinking of doing a cascade. Bought 3 catas on Amazon for 19.99 dollars each :)

With all the changes the parade rainers are screaming this is the end for WoW. Pfffft!

Rumours the project Titan may in fact me WoW 2.0 not certain about that bit would be kind of cool if we could take all the stuff we have with us.

Emails



World of Warcraft

Hai guys.
Me again Blasje.

So the Legendary staff you taled about in Episode 221.
The Legendary staff is a caster weapon.
And the weapon that turns druids in a Fire Cat when in Cat form drops from
Majordomo Staghelm a Boss in Firelands as a normal epic.
Just wanting to tell you becaus you where confusing em i heard in the episode.
And my druid is going good atm level 57 now.
Lets hope i can keep it up.

Greeting Blasje and For The Horde.


Hi CAW Crew


I wanted to thank you for all the podcasts that you have done.  It is very fun to listen to you guys talk about WOW.  My toons are mostly on Exodar on the alliance side. I have only 8 85's on that realm and one horde 85 on Durotan.  I have an 85 of every class except rogue and warrior.  Since listening to your Clan of Darkness discussion I decided to create a shaman on Earthen Ring.  Zikar is now level 26 and looking to join the guild.  I did not know if I could ask to join until I emailed so I am asking now.

For the CAW crew.

Thanks,

Zikar
Sent from my iPad

Huntrex

Hello agin this is huntrex I just wanted to say great podcast the other day. Ok now down to business I wanted to tell your viewers a little about me and why I play this char I play a Hunter lev 85 and that about the only toon i play I love farming rares and Have been Farming a Rare in the sea world lev abyss if your wondering what rare I am talk about he is a sea horse yea he was updated n the last patch to drop a sea horse mount like the one you prolly already have but the mount can be use an any body of water any where that u can mount so if you wanted to us the mount n the pond in ab you could awesome right I have been at this for weeks now and only seen him 1 time and me and a pally had an epic duel over this horse only to find a rogue kill him while we were dueling. dont worrie once we saw this happen the pally pointed at the rogue and I killed the rogue and the pally bowed to me and we both hearted out <pally and rogue were horde> <i am allie> <pvp server>  So i am still farming him no luck tho so to any one farming him Good luck  if  you have any questions about this mount or where he spawns email me or send me an in game message Huntrex BlackDragon Flight Alliance Happy leveling and Stay away from the  VooDo 

                                              -huntrex-


Maximumforce Weekly Audio Submission

Hey fellas at CAW crew, here's this weeks audio submission. I've changed up the music to some a little more...
EPIC!!! Hope you like the change and this week's update!

Welcome to this week's update guys!
This week has been pretty dead if I have to be honest. I've been focusing on real life happenings and my job which
I'm desperately trying to find a way to get some sort of self-employment going on to increase my income and reduce
my boredom. You're not listening to this for that though so I'll get to my WoW goings-on now.

I'll be honest. This week I've not been around alot because I have been anticipating patch 4.2s release and the
hunter upgrading that would come with it. Been planning to get my 359 trinket and do some new dailies in Hyjal but
alas, here we are on update day with no patch and not able to delay the submission any further. Damn.

When I have been on I have been tinkering on my Shaman who just got his level 43 and a lovely surprise in the shape
of the Feralas quest achievement. I've moved on through Thousand Needles by now though and just entered the awful
area of Tanaris. I'm not much of a desert guy and as I've done this at least once before on my hunter, it loses its
spark... At least the Cataclysm has given alot of new life to the lower level zones. I am sure you guys doing your
lots of alts have gone through these areas alot more than me but I can't stand low levels, they must be maxed out
which is probably my downfall. I already have an Orc Warlock at level 2 ready to go to 85 when this guy is done!!

Regarding last weeks question, I remember someone saying that the scaling wouldn't work because it would be unfair
to have a legendary that would last through all the patches. For one, after the considerable work getting it, I
think it wouldn't be such a problem and two, I said that there should be different raids for getting it that have
their inhabitants tweaked to be a real challenge to the level mode it is set on. For example, if you want a legend
that will get to max level 70 power (like some heirlooms stop scaling at 80), set it at heroic 70 raid difficulty.

This week's question is in regards to you guys personally! Just would like to know, what do you guys do as a job
or as work and do you enjoy it? Do you have any aspirations or a job that you have got planned and which country
are you all from! I'm sure you've already guessed by some comments, but I'm a Car Salesman from Queensland,
Australia!

Hope you are all well,
This has been Maximumforce for the Horde, for the death of the Alliance and for a long useless wait for a patch
that still isn't out yet...


Hello CAW Crew

Well it's been a few weeks since we last spoke however it always feels like coming home to friends when I get to sit down and listen to you all on this wonderful podcast. 
I have been busy getting back into work mode - slowly but surely my shoulder is gettin better and every day I see improvements ... I will be doin cartwheels soon lol.
Patch 4.2 is supposed to hit tonite and I am so excited to see what Blizz has in store for us. What will be or was the first thing you do or did when you log in? I'm probably gonna be too excited to do anything and stand perplexed for about 10mins trying to work out what or where I'm goin to start and also getting my head around all the changes. Patches are always an exciting time.
Have spent most of the past week getting Midsummer Fires done on my DK and also my Warrior. Was able to get over a level on my Warrior with the xp and she hit Lvl 84. The whole time I was doing the fires on her I kept thinking " damn the xp is great!" lol
I also have been tanking some Cata dungeons with guildies - which has been an interesting experience, as until now I've mostly been DPS or heals, so it's certainly different seeing things from the tanks point of view.
Was very excited to finally get the Frigid Frostling on my Lock - yay it's so very cute and throws snowballs at people nearby.
Well I better go - hope you all have a fabulous week both in and out of game.
Take care hugs Leeta


Reforging follow up..



Hail and well met!

This is a follow up missive to my inquiry about reforging.

After sending my message the other day, I put out the call on Twitter, and got a rapid response from a couple of guildmates, including our own Caoboi.  Now, the Tao of the Cao says one should refer to Mr. Robot at http://www.askmr.robot.com/wow and investigate the Gear Optimizer.  It seemed to be a handy tool to help you sort out what gems you should have in what slots (including ignoring socket bonus’), and what to reforge on your equipment for your spec.

Of course, it doesn’t go into detail why, but you are swapping out stats that are of higher order for your spec, so it should look reasonably familiar.  I’m sure that the focus is on getting you to your caps in as many important areas as possible.

At any rate, a tip-of-the-horns (hat) to Caoboi for the insight!

“Be well…”
Eranth / Lionchild / Wolfbrother



Nexbardus of Winterhoof & Earthen Ring


Hello CAW crew,

First of all, I would like to thank you all for your amazing podcast and for the commitment you all put into it. I began playing WOW a little over 6 years ago but only discovered WOW podcasts about a year ago. I was searching on Youtube for info about the Worgen starting zone when I came across one of Total Biscuits videos. I then discovered his podcast, which in turn prompted me to look on yahoo for more WOW podcasts, and I discovered the great CtrlAltWow podcast. CAW has become by far my favorite podcast. There is not any excessive snorting or unnecessary foul language every other word, and you dont spend half the show talking about obscure lore. And while some podcasters have either packed it in or put out a show when ever they feel like it, CAW is a podcast that I can look forward to every week. A couple months ago now, Ashayo and Jeppy were not able to be on the podcast but eventhough they thought about cancelling the show that week Aprillian and Virshna continued with the show anyway with some guests. It turned out to be a great show and it is that kind of consistency that is very important to myself and probably most listeners. So a special thank you for that.

Anyway, I to am an altaholic. I started playing with a friend on the Kel'Thuzad Alliance side PVP realm for a couple years and have many toons from 60 - 70 there. Then I switched to horde side on the Thorium Brotherhood realm to play with another friend and I have 6 level 80's there which I have pretty much abandoned since a while before Cataclysm came out. I wanted to have a Alliance presence on a non-PVP realm so I could acquire heirlooms and gold etc... to play a Worgen when Cataclysm came out. So by coincidence I picked the Winterhoof server where I now have 3 level 85's - Dwimmerlaik a Draenei Paladin, Vespal a Dwarf Hunter and Quist a Worgen Mage. I also have several other toons in the 70's. They are all in a great level 25 guild called Midnight Sun.

But, as always I am looking to level new toons and have created a Human Hunter named Nexbardus on Winterhoof who would love to help level up the CtrlAltWow guild there (if I could just find someone to throw him an invite, lol). I also haven't played a Goblin (or a shaman to a high level yet) so I created a Shaman named Nexbardus on Earthen Ring who wouldn't mind an invite from Clan of Darkness if possible.

Well this email has run on long enough. Thank you all so much for the podcast, Nexbardus of Winterhoof and Earthen Ring


Kadak - June 29 Submission

Smile :)



sorry for the length, ( about 5min )
but thank you for allowing me to do this.
I am having a Blast.


Greetings Jeppy, Vrishna, Ashayo and Vrishna,


Splashy, level 85 water elemental, Earthen Ring, companion of Jehus and Bidkar here.  I'm writing in since I do most of the work and feel I deserve some of the spotlight sometimes.

My companion Jehus transferred from Bidkar's home server of Borean Tundra.  He's actually Bidkar's second oldest toon, but never got the leveling love until recently.  Jehus hit 20 and after that all his leveling came a touch of RAF and lots and lots of holiday events.  Now Jehus has hit the big time and finally dinged 85 a few weeks ago.

I've been running the Cataclysm dailies with Jehus.  He's exalted with Therazane and Hellscream's Reach now and very close to exalted with the Dragonmaw.   Jehus picked up a nice staff and the flying mount with the commendation's from running the Tol Barad dailies.  I, myself, made small achievement in Tol Barad.  Normally when Jehus solos Problim in Tol Barad I don't survive the encounter.  I don't mind overly much since it's noble to give one's life in order to save another life.  The last two times though I survived!  Jehus thinks it's due to the honing of his "skills", but I have been going out at night and taking self defense classes.  One of us has to improve and it looks like it's gonna be my job.

Jehus should be exalted with the Clan of Darkness after he finishes another daily.   Jehus is just a whisker away from being exalted.  Almost forgot, Jehus also received the Cataclysm Loremaster achievement after finishing Vash'jir. Vash'jir was a horrible bugged sucky terrible tortuous area and I will never go back there again.  I finally found something I hate worse than vehicle quests.  If anybody enjoys that hell hole, I'm happy for them.  I wish I could work up a delusion so strong it can change reality.  One would think a water elemental would like a water zone, but, alas, no.

I've also went back to Borean Tundra and Winterhoof to run Tol Barad dailies with Bidkar and Bidcar.  Both are getting close to exalted with Hellscream's Reach.  I didn't like Tol Barad at first, but I've grown to appreciate the zone.  I think the dailies have actually made Bidkar and Bidcar improve as a mage and learn to play their class better.

I went with Jehus to face Ahune with the cool kids the other day.  I think Jehus messed up and he said to send his apologies to the cool kids.  He forgot to set his focus on the tank and suspects that may have contributed to the wipe in a major way. Probably not a good thing to be firing at things randomly though he honestly did not realize he may have been doing so.   He was very excited to be there and got nervous and all his brains went flying out the window.  He still had fun even though everybody died.  Better to try and fail than not to try at all.  More edification comes from failure than success.  We elementals tend to wax philosophical sometimes.  We spend a lot of time waiting to be summoned and need something to pass the time.

Please tell Jeppy to put his fingers in his ears for the next bit.  The other day I was in the sewers of Dalaran doing the Corroded Jewelry quest. I wasn't actually doing it, but was watching Jehus.  The fishing pole just slips out of my hands, darn my semi corporeal body.  Anyway Jehus fished up the sewer rat companion pet!   He was well pleased and so was I.  It's nice to have another companion to chat with.  Bidkar has the sewer rat on Borean Tundra and I like to hang out with Melvin.  Jehus named his rat Myrtle.  Turns out this one was a rat of the female persuasion.  If the sewer rat wasn't soulbound, Jehus would have gladly given Myrtle to Jeppy.

I guess that's it. Have a great week!

FOR THE HORDE, for the alliance and For the Clan of Darkness!

Splashy and his many alts!



Iceflow and Caoboi Audio Submission

We managed to get in an audio submission. It's all Caoboi's (my) fault for how long it is! LOL!

Here's our info for those that possibly get it wrong for our podcast and site.


XOXOXO

Caoboi and Iceflow


The kithore's latest adventure!

Hola CAW crew,

We hope that everyone is having a good time, in and out of the game. We miss being around, but travel sure is fun! Here is our latest submission, hope you all enjoy it!


The Kithores
Earthen Ring, Dragonblight, and temporarily in Austin, Texas


Rigarmorty Audio For CAW 222

Hi Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo and Eljeppy!
Attached is this weeks audio segment.
For the Horde and for the Fly-in Visits
Cheers,
Rigarmorty


Dinged 84

The Big G

Had a fairly quite week this week with work and dinging 31 in real life


Clan of Darkness Stuff




Mechanohog Raffle

CoD Emails



Love your Podcast

Hello everyone I just finished listening to your podcast-220 And well ty. It was a good way to pass the time grinding honor on my druid I would love to join your guild  I think that what I am missing in wow been play for over 4 year off and on and I need social interaction lol. Also I love doing  the old content like Naxx and yes Kara who dont love kara right. IMO kara is the best Raid in wow lol well anyways If I can join that be awesome I really like playing alliance tho :) But you all have a great week Happy leveling and about the bunnies .... how am i  suppose to get the critter achievement I promise that every second tuesday of the week will be No bunnie Hunting day lol all kidding aside Have a good week and Stay away from the Vodoo 

                                                                    Huntrex-BlackDragonFlight


1 week later

Hi there Caw crew,

Firstly thanks to Aprillian for the referral and the one month game card. You are so awesome. I will be using that second referral soon and hopefully you will receive your second rocket soon after.

Just a quick review of my first week on the US servers.  My Hunter Domenatrix is level 24 now. I love the Cata changes to the old world. Everything so much more linear. I also started a Druid called Domenator and a Paladin called Deamonatrix. Any similarity in the names are purely coincidental. hiehiehie

Keep up the podcasting greatness and I hope to see you guys more often in game. I love Clan of Darkness.

Your Guildy
Domo

FOR THE HORDE
FOR THE CAW
FOR THE COD
For all the fuzzy creatures I pass and pat on the head ;)


Sent from my iPhone







Shout Outs & Thank You

Happy Birthday Kimmi - 1st July !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HADS01
Brewdog
Annastaja




Mo mo moments




No comments:

Post a Comment