Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 247 - Five Years of WoW Podcasting

Aprillian, Vrishna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a  WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno

Happy 5th!!!

Hello Darlings!!  Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo and She-Who-Must-Be-Obey'ds El Jeppy!!!  
I can't believe I don't have an audio for your 5th anniversary show!  Shame on me =(  All this holiday shopping has got me super behind though...wow...how DO the holidays sneak up on me like this when I KNOW they're coming???  Gar.  Last minute shopping, gift wrapping and holiday preparations have had me all tied up...in bows...hehehe.  Anywho, I hope everyone's doing well and I wish you a super awesome Happy 5th Anniversary AND happy holidays too!  Happy Winter Veil everybody!!!  
I hope everyone has a really safe and happy holiday... watch out for those rascally reindeer, by the way.  You never know when they'll come pelting out of the sky.  ;)
Hope you get extra time to play WoW (or...well...you know...that "other" game that just launched...teeheeeee... ;)  
Don't spill egg-nog on your authenticator!  Do not "peek" at those gifts under the tree, either..that's just naughty (and Santa's still checking, you know!)  Don't forget to leave cookies and milk out on Saturday night....And do know that I'm thinking of you and wishing you all well and hoping you have extra special presents this year.  


Big hugs & kisses *muah!*
I love you guys, and Aprillian!
For the Alliance, for the Horde, and for the Winter's Veil!


Juuno of Nevikhoof, Earthen Ring and Korialstrasz


p.s. I'm sending you huge Anniversary hugs through the internet... can you feel them???  =D

What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

Flying around Uldum with Epril and Aprillian looking for a rare that will drop the top hat pattern. Getting lots of ore and herbs at the same time.
Accidentally put Mechanohog on AH for 2k, Dartinus bought it, so I sent him this letter:
He wrote me back that he had already used the hog, he was happy at his good fortune and that he would cooperate if I wanted to petition Blizzard for it's return. I ended up meeting him in Dalaran and got a ride on his new Mechanohog.

He was very sweet and honest and though I was out 14k of mats, it felt good to help someone have a nice Christmas.

Aprillian & Vrishna


Vrishna



Ashayo


Jeppy


Emails



Happy 5th Anniversary!

Hi CAW Crew,

Congratulations!!!!!! Five fabulous, folly-filled, fantastic, flawless, funny, fearlessly festive years of great love and laughs from you all. Thank you so much for giving us this great community and showing us your excitement and laughter and candidness of your lives and letting us share our lives with you. Thank you so much it can't be said enough. We love you guys and here's to many more years of Altness!

Caoboi and Iceflow (J and Renee Valentine) 
@Valentine Podcast


Submission for 247

Hello CAW sweeties,

Hope this finds you all well and sending big Christmas hugs all round - especially to Jeppy hope you're feeling better, sending lots of good vibes your way.

Well it's been crazy busy with me the past few months however I really wanted to get a special Christmas letter in to wish you all a Merry Christmas and thank you all for the wonderful show you do. It's always a thrill to see the episode up and I always get lots of laughs from it :) thank you all again you all rock!

I've been busy doing World Events on various toons. Just got violet proto drake for my DK Leitar & working on Winterveil on others! I also had this crazy notion of doing Loremaster on my priest Atil (inspired by Ashayo) however think I'll slowly work through it - at the moment there's just not enough hours in the day ...

Also I've started playing SWTOR. At first I was running round like a mad woman but I'm slowly getting the swing of it. For me I find it's a nice change to try something a little different.

Anyway enough from me I better get to work!
Have an awesome day!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year

Hugs Leeta



Merry Winter Veil

Just a quick message this week I'm afraid! Christmas time is busy busy! Also I can be lazy lazy! ;)
Saulius 

Long time, no write

Happy anniversary Aprillian, Ashayo, Vrishna and Jeppy,

Bidkar and Splashy present and accounted for.  Sorry I haven't written in much, but I can't miss the anniversary, so here is my missive.

Since the last time I had written in, I went in a random to fight Ahune on the last day of Midsummer's Fire Festival.  (It is rather embarrassing how long it's been since I wrote) and it was a successful encounter.  The fight wasn't bad at all and it was fun! It was the first time I had ever been in a random.  I generally eschew grouping up with other people or playing with other people.  It makes me nervous and I make tons of mistakes.  Anyway, I thought to myself "Self, that wasn't too bad at all, you should go in and do the next holiday boss random and give it a go."

Anyway, Hallow's End rolls around and I went in to fight the Headless Horseman on Jehus the mage.  The fight went quite well and I had more fun.  I ran the encounter on Jehus until I had the rings, which were an upgrade for me.  Then I took all my other ranged toons through and did the same for them.  I didn't take my melee through until the last day.  I don't think I'm very good at the melee fighting, it just seems like I mash the keys until something dies.  I found out I liked playing my melee guys fighting the Horseman and now I wish I had taken them in every day like I did my casters, but oh well, lesson partially learned.  All 8 of my level 85 toon picked up the ring upgrades.  Bidkar the mage got the sword and helm in  the same bag.  I de'd the helm and kept the sword. Allerea the warlock received the Horseman's Mount which is awesome.  Now I'm trying to work up the courage to to a 5 man dungeon, still pondering it.  I probably should, but I do know me and I probably won't.  Writing in may publicly shame me enough where as I will now feel obligated to run one.

I recently ran Bidkar solo through some of the Caverns of Time instances.  I saved Thrall, which was a ton of fun. I liked going around exploring the old version of Hillsbrad and seeing how it once was before Arthas ruined everything.  I helped Medivh open the Dark Portal, once again it was cool to see what the Blasted Lands looked like before they were blasted.  The last one I did was the Culling of Stratholme. It was so interesting to see the lore played out in front of me.  I had read the books, but to actually be a part of it was great.  I tried to go through Azjol Nerub in heroic on Bidkar, but failed.  I think I could go through there now I've been thinking about it, but at the time I was frustrated because I couldn't pin down some of the mobs and they webbed me before I could kill them.  I hopped on my paladin Jehus and he tore through that place like a knife through water.  I went through heroic Old Kingdom next, I didn't make it through there.  I think I killed the first boss, some vampire guy, then I got killed by a big spider/bug. I stopped there because I was lazy and didn't want to run through the place to start up again.  I like the content I've never seen,  I'm don't think I would like to see it over and over again.  Seems like it would be boring.

I've been taking 9 of my toons through the Greench every day.  I picked up the new pet, Lumpy, on Jehus on Earthen Ring.  Other than that, just the various racers and a couple of old Winter's Veil presents.  I like how they made the Greench a world boss. It feels a little awkward, but I really like the idea.  I'm sure Blizzard will come up with a way to master the concept.

I transmogged a bit of gear.  Bidkar is now going about in the Bright cloth set. It's very low level early tailoring cloth set, but I always liked how it looked.  I originally had planned to use the Runecloth robe on him, but then I saw someone with the Bright set on and that was that.  Bidcar the Winterhoof mage is going about in nice low level green robe and cloak.  I transmogged his off hand to the Kobold candle off hand from Westfall.  I loved the tooltip on the candle "You took it".  Cracks me up every time I see it.  Those poor Kobolds.

I started a mage on the Alliance side of Earthen Ring also. I started her there when I first came to the server.  I always like to see how the other side lives so I generally start a toon on the opposite faction on all my servers. She's level 38 now.  The Alliance on Earthen Ring seem more dedicated to role playing than the Horde.  One Sunday I stumbled on a service they have at the Stormwind Cathedral.  I stopped and took a seat to watch.  It was like watching a play.  I've been going back every Sunday to watch.  It was very exciting two Sundays ago when one of the group was revealed to be a member of the Twilight's Cult!!!!! They are pros at emotes too.  Much "Celestyne frowns slightly as she straightens her robe sleeve" and such.

I started playing LOTRO here and there.  I liked it except the gathering and crafting is extremely awkward, but it's free to play so I shall not complain nor bite the hand.  I decided to stick with WoW.  I didn't try SWTOR simply because I don't care for the Star Wars franchise.  Any problems I have had with WoW, boredom and such were all of my own creation.  I always get cranky when I feel like I NEED to do something, like the Molten Front, rather than WANT to do it.  I find I stay happy in game when I do what pleases me and not what Blizzard wants me to do.  Fortunately, Blizzard has made such a rich game I can do what I want to do.  I need to remember that sometimes.

I've really enjoyed all the audio submissions and letters on the show.   They always make me smile.

I've included codes for the Battlechest and Wrath to give away so someone can dual box, do a RAF or maybe even play the game for the first time!  You can decide how you want to give them away.  Happy Anniversary!!!!

Special hello to Jeppy.  We've missed you!  It's not the same without an occasional "That's what she said" or some other Isle of Wight witticism. I am glad you are feeling better to be sure.  It is the best Christmas present we can get.

FOR THE HORDE, for the alliance, for Ctrl Alt WoW guild, for the Clan of Darkness and Merry Christmas!

Bidkar and his many alts




Rigarmorty CAW 247 - Grats on 5 Years!


Season Greetings, Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo & Eljeppy!

So happy your back home Jeppy and hope you're  feeling better!

A huge congratulations from me and Tedra on 5 years of CAW!!! 

The original plan was to do a joint audio with her but we had some last minute technical difficulties and couldn't record but whatever the case, a huge congrats from both of us!

Attached is my audio for this week!

 For Christmas, For New Years & for Aprillian Following me on twitter!

Cheers,

Rigarmorty x

Happy fifth

Aprillian, Ashayo, Vrishna and Jeppy happy fifth anniversary!!!! The Necro's have been leveling their DK's through Northrend and have reached level 73. My lovely wife and I decided to get shiny new 21 inch Imacs for xmas and we are now enjoying wow in super wide screen. 
Don't tell Santa that we opened them early ;)

The Death Knight duo managed to do the Hellfire Ramparts 5 man by themselves (though the both dyed just as the end boss dyed and it was very dramatic) 

Happy holidays to the ctrlaltwow crew and guild we love you guys and your wonderful show. Looking forward to a new year full of new shows and new adventure.

Cheers,

The Necronoicons,

Undead love is forever ;)
PS we just dinged friendly with Clan of Darkness thats so cool :)


Welcome back Jeppy

Sorry for so lil audio this week just been busy with everything else

Big G
Link to what he was talking about in chat room:http://a.yfrog.com/img836/5636/1n1.mp4

Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Emails



A big thank you

Hi Shandraya again 

I got Mum and Dad to listen to last weeks podcast and both were so happy ( my mum started to cry).Mel said it was her best present and nicest surprise ever.  Many thanks for your help. 


Your friend
 
Shandraya
 























No comments:

Post a Comment