Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 250 - LFR/Looking For Raid

Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

With Special Guest Host Brewdawg

Juuno
Hello darlings! Aprillian, Ashayo, Vrishna and She-Who-Must-Be-Obey'ds *sigh* El Jeppy!!  And my fellow listeners!  Happy New Year!!!!!!!  I hope you're all ready for the great zombie apocalypse this year because that's what my daughter tells me is going to happen.  Wrath of the Lich King anyone???  I told her that us WoW'ers WILL be prepared because we've already experienced it... hehehee... ;)  Anywho, I just wanted to let you know real quick what I've been up to. I always underestimate how busy I'll be in December what with the holidays and all, and this year was no exception.  The regular gift buying/wrapping/giving and smattering of volunteering I always do during the holidays were bad enough, but through SWTOR on top of it, and I was super busy!  That's right...Ogre got me sweater for a giftie and holy cats!  I had no idea how into it I would be!  Everything else has suffered for it too...my WoW playing has been nil, as well as my Rifting...even my Sims Social has been on the back burner!  My house must be a complete disaster area by this point... <=(  I'm sure I'll get back to it eventually, but for now all I wanna do is enjoy being one with the Force... hehehe.  Well, except for this past weekend when Tabitha drug me away from my keyboard to be a ghost hunter!  Lol!  She joined a local ghost hunting group called GARP and I got to go with her on her first ghost hunting adventure.  It was fun, but I didn't see any darn ghosts.  I did see a lot of dirt, broken windows, junk and rat poop though.  Yuck!  Ghost hunting can be disgusting business, especially in old, abandoned hotels.  The other thing I discovered is that I'm too old to ghost hunt.  Or too spoiled, I'm not quite sure which, but staying up until 5am after working all week is a drag, especially when you spend it freezing to death and wondering why you're voluntarily standing in the nastiest, dirtiest, creepiest places you can find just waiting for something scary to happen.  I'd much rather be able to kill the ghosts I find down in Auberdine, thank you very much.  hehehee. 
Okay, I gotta go to work now...so...it's literally off to the dungeons with me!  
I love you guys, and Aprillian!
Big hugs and kisses *muah!*
For the Horde, for the Alliance, and for the New Year!


Juuno of Nevikhoof, Earthen Ring and Korialstrasz


p.s. OH! My server in Sweater is Kaiburr Crystal!  I meant to tweet it to Aprillian and Tedra the other day, but made the mistake of logging on to find out what it was called...that was all she wrote and I forgot my original mission and ended up playing all night...  <=S  Sorry Aprillian!  hehe.../hugs!!!  =D

What We've Been Doing:


Aprillian

Reltar - thank you for the donation. You rock.
RAF - Explorer - Surgery

Aprillian & Vrishna


BrewDawg



Ashayo

On Vacation for 2 weeks

Jeppy

Sick - back next week

Emails



Hail JAVA from Brew Dawg

Congratulations and thank you Aprillian for 5 years of CAW.  It's
great to have all of JAVA back.

I had a wonderful holiday spending a lot of time with my wife and daughter.

My raid team continues to progress nicely in Dragon Soul.  Currently
we are 6 of 8 in normal progression almost getting the Spine of
Deathwing down last week.  This is a cool fight that many will have
done in LFR.  It is of course a bit more difficult in normal mode.
The raid is on the dragon's back and you are peeling off armored
plates so Thrall can blast him out of the sky. In normal mode there
are more adds and you have to keep balanced on Deathwing's back or he
will roll over and wipe the raid.  However when the adds become too
numerous the raid has to stack up in the fire, anchoring them to
Deathwing, and force him to roll dumping the adds.  The fight requires
good raid coordination and very good healers.

BrewDawg is sitting at a ilvl 388 and only needs a leg or shoulder
token to get his 4 piece bonus.  If y'all want to see Brewdawg and his
team in actions go over to converttoraid.com and click on the video
section.  Our raid leader is putting together Dragon Soul guide videos
using our team's kills.  At last check he had the first 4 bosses
posted.

I have an add-on tip.  I highly suggest everyone run GTFO.  It's a
very simple add-on that sounds an alarm whenever you are "standing in
the fire."  With lots of spell effects going off it can be difficult
to see the "stupid" GTFO helps keep you out of preventable damage.

My time in WoW is a bit limited at the moment.  I log in Tuesday
nights to do both LFR's, raid on Friday night and then maybe a bit on
Saturday to get valor capped if we extended the raid.  The rest of my
gamming time has been spent in a galaxy far far away....

Speaking of places a long time ago... BrewDawg in ToR is a hard
charging dark side human Bounty Hunter who much rather bring them back
dead than alive.  Heads are much easier to transport.  He will be
hitting level 30 soon.  My altoholic ways continue.  I have a light
side Pure-Blood Sith Warrior and a light side Criss Imperial Agent.  I
also have a Sith Sorcerer he's a Twi'lek, fat, pink and Fabulous.
He's also very evil.  All are between level 10 to 15.  I'm trying to
stay focused on the Bounty Hunter and only play my alts when I run out
of rested XP.

I'm enjoying the game-play mechanics and main story line.  However
there are many things not to like about the game. Chiefly they involve
travel and getting around the Galaxy. Lots of load screens and travel
time.

Thanks again to all of you for all you do!

Brew Dawg



Sorrow Moss?

hey guys,
Just listening here at work and heard Ashayo talking about the herb in swamp of sorrows. That herb is a replacement for Blindweed. Blindweed was primarily used as the reagent for a Rogue's "Blind" ability but blizzard removed the requirement in one of their  big patches.

Xann - lvl 12 Jedi Shadow Consular on Space Slug
Xannguyen - lvl 85 Spriest on Khadgar
aka - mean guy who picks on April for using tanking cloak on her Mage alt :)

Sent from my iPhone



Did you just read my email?

Hello again!

Whitemara here and I have to say listening to your latest offering I was surprised when I heard the text of my last communique being read in a podcast! Pleasantly surprised at the least. :)

Anyhow, I wanted to drop a line and say thank you for considering my musing about the use of V/r and to let Ashayo know that his quest for Loremaster has inspired me to embark on a similar journey, with a more Undead Shadow Priest sort of flavor.

Oh and by the way, I picked up the Fox Kit pet the other day on my Druid. So keep on trying Vrishna! Haha

Thanks again for producing a great podcast and might be seeing a toon with a -mara suffixed name petitioning for membership to your guild in the not too distant future.

V/r-

Whitemara

Sent from my iPhone


I'm not dead

So I still have no internet to talk of besides macca's and a local internet cafe. Both of which have their limitation still suffering my WoW and CAW withdrawals. But on the plus side I am now closer to the east coast, the beach swimming on hot days in the sea. I have settled in well with the new job a place of good food and better coffee.

P.S I don't want to go on the cart.

So for the horde

For the Alliance

For the Sandgrophers

And for the new beachside lifestyle

Sent from closer than you think



Its About Time!

Hello CAW Crew!

I know my submissions have been absent for a few weeks and I apologize for that! My time has been swallowed up by other projects recently, including a two day stint in SWTOR, I have to say it didn’t pull me in, so back to WoW. Anyway Christmas and New Year are over now and its back to the old routine!

Keep up the good work guys!

Saulius

P.S I thought I'd give out a few links to anyone who's interested.

My Stream: http://www.own3d.tv/live/198564/SauliusLIVE
My tumbler: http://saulius365.tumblr.com/
My twitter: @Saulius365 
My NEW Email: saulius365@gmail.com

I'm happy for anyone to get in contact.


Holy Moly that's a BIG number.

Greetings JAVA!

Hopefully everyone's favorite Jepster from the Isle of Wight is doing well enough to join you guys (and Aprillian) tonight. If not, get well Jeppy we all miss your wit. I am sending virtual /hugtackles your way right now as my fingers stroke each key ... ooooh, that sounds diiiiirty. Clean tag!

Anyhoo, I didn't mention it during my recording but congratulations on episode 250! That's an amazingly high number or something ^^; What I did mention, however, and will mention here again is just how appreciative I am of all the hard work and effort that goes into putting this podcast out there for us all to consume. (I mean ... the editing must take FOR EVER ^^;) Your show always brings a smile to my face no matter how crappy my day at work gets.

Big hugs and kisses! (Erp, that's Juuno's line)

V/R (Oh wait ... no, that's not my line either)

For the CoD piece! (Okay, I'm really fail at this today)

mumble mumble mumble

Nevik and his many rogues (Wait. SEE. I changed it a little. I'm making that mine, or something)

PS. The bed music is 'Petite Machine' by Kashmir. Awesome, awesome band.
PPS. How's your sweater? A little itchy perhaps?
PPPS. I'm not hating on sweater, really. No. REALLY. I am really looking forward to playing KOTOR 3'sh.
PPPPS. Just because I can.

http://www.shatteredsoulstone.com/

Rigarmorty Audio for CAW

Hi Aprillian, Vrishna, Ashayo & Eljeppy,


Attached is this weeks short audio.

Cheers,

Rigarmorty

Episode 250 submission

Hola Caw Crew!

We hope that everyone is having a good week in game, as well as out. I'm sorry that we aren't able to send an audio submission, but Kithore had a few problems installing the new rims for his car. Somehow, he forgot to put the extra bouncy tires on the rims, and when he went to use his hydros, the car went splat!

Anyway, not much has happened here since last Wednesday. We have both played a little bit, but hope to spend more time in game this week.

As Kithore says, this is getting kind of long! You all have a great week, and we'll submit soon!



For the Broken rims,
Inmyowndreams and Kithore of Earthen Ring, CoD, and Dragonblight!













Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Emails


























No comments:

Post a Comment