Sunday, January 15, 2012

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 251 - SWTOR vs WoW

Aprillian, Vrishna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Joined by Alachia of Metatalks to get her view of SWTOR vs WoW Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a $5 WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Tansmorg
Loving the new stats

Aprillian & Vrishna

Started our Loremaster toons

Ashayo

On Vacation

Jeppy

On SWTOR

Alachia

Official Site of WoWcast - Home

wowcast.net/

iTunes - Podcasts - Metatalks by Alachia & Eljeppy

itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/metatalks/id357461914


Emails



weeeee back in wow

Hi Ctrl Alt wow folks.

Mcwild here again grizli is my main at lvl 85 with grotsnik at lvl 85 too and many many alts from lvl 12 to 70's
my wife (sam)and family also play too with there own accounts we have 10 accounts at last count between 6 of us.

after awhile away from the game ( i know it was wrong and have chastised myself ) i was catching up with back episodes of yourselves and the BOE gang on the way home and just new i had to convince my wife it was a good idea to start playing again.

well when i got home had some food etc. i approached the subject expecting no no and do you have to. 

but shock Sam said she had been thinking the same only problem would be what accounts to reactivate..

now after a 3 months back in the game i have another lvl 85 a druid called Milkee while Sam is levelling yet another priest and warlock.
we have started new alts with one of our daughters and her boyfriend they are now in the mid lvl 20' 
our grandson who is 6 this year has also gotten into WOW creating his own characters and having a go at questing. He always chooses a blood elf female for everything. so far he has levelled a hunter to lvl 16 on his own mostly too.

i work 12 hour days so my time in game is limited to an hour a night and my days off.
at moment i have gone back to my first ever character an orc rogue that got left at lvl 42. decked out with heirlooms he is now level 68 and on his way to new lands.

well keep the shows coming they make my journey to and from work easier.

Grizli lvl 85 orc hunter or Mcwild as you named me

Reltar's introduction

Hello CAW. I guess I should stop being the creppy guy that never talks but is always around for some reason. I started playing WoW in vanilla as a human priest. When BC came out I thought I would try something different and rolled the hunter (Reltar) that became my main. I started doing a lot of pvp and figured the best way to learn how to counter other classes would be to play them. Rolling 1 of every class had an unintended side effect and I became an altoholic.

I spent the 1st 6 years playing alone, then last summer moved over to Earthen Ring to join AIE. My 1st few weeks in the new guild were great. Then I came across the loot 100,000 gold "Got My Mind On My Money" achievement. It forced me to go back to playing alone. My weeks for the past few months consisted of soloing old raids. Clearing MC, AQ20 (guess it's AQ10 now), 5/9 AQ40,  5/6 SSC, the Plague Quater and Sapphiron in Naxx, 3/4 TK, the 1st 3 bosses of BT and the 1st boss of Battle for Mt. Hyjal. I stopped doing Kara, Gruul's Lair, and Magtheridon's Lair when they nerfed the gold dropped. While running the old raids I would DE the greens and send the mats and cloth to an AH toon that racked up 180K gold in about 5 months.

I finially finished the achievement a few weeks before 4.3. Since then my WoW time has freed up. I now run the LFR and 4 of the new 5-mans to cap valor each week. I passed 10K quest completed this week and now will have to find a new goal to last until MoP. I may try to get the "100,000 Honorable Kills" achievement but I can usually only grind a couple thousand kills out a week before burning out on pvp. 

Guess thats enough talking for this year. Keep up the great work and have fun.

Reltar

ps: I have a level 50 bounty hunter in swtor (pronounced snore) but I have stopped playing for now. I'll give Bioware a few month's to work out the bug's before giving it another try.

 v



Just Another Week

Hola CAW Crew!

I have great news! Kithore's rims turned out just fine. After dropping his whole chassie on the ground, the rims were miraculously unscathed.

Kithore has been running a few heroics this week - the new ones have been interesting, but I'm not sure he likes them all that much. He did love, however, running with the guildies, and getting an achievement or two with them. He mentioned how much nicer it was to run with people who were just having run, rather than passing around blame for every little mistake. He liked it much better than running with the PUGs he's been picking up lately. They've had some really weird speedy tanks who don't pay a lick of attention to what is going on, and that makes it hard for everyone. Lots of wipes, lots of blaming, and lots of dropping groups. Oy. I can't imagine what the PUG raids are like!

I have been resting after my cleaning frenzie last weekend. I worked one of my friends to death (luckily, she still likes me) and did some either very belated or very early spring cleaning. This week at work has also been a lot tiring - I know it doesn't sound like all that much to have a few weeks off for Christmas, but the first full week back completely exhausted me, and I have been burying my exhaustion in mind-numbing Ugly Betty episodes on Netflix. I hate to admit it - or maybe I really don't mind - but I like that show a lot. I'm told the show is no longer airing, so I hope Netflix has all of the seasons. I haven't forgotten about WoW at all, and especially have not forgotten about Claypidgin (patpatpat). I think we all know how I get during the school year. Sometimes the energy just isn't there, but I will always be around! I always come back. If anyone wants to run anything, let me know! I'll make it as long as I'm not working at the time. Or sleeping. Sleep is important right now.

Well, we hope Jeppy is feeling much better, and that he will return to both the gaming world and the podcast soon.

Well, this is getting kinda long. We hope you have had a good week, in game and out.

For Dragonblight, Earthen Ring, and running heroics with guildies,

Kithore and Dreams



Clan of Darkness




No comments:

Post a Comment