Saturday, May 4, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 318 - TimTams for the Win


Aprillian, Ashayo, Tedrah and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Aprillian got Friendly with Shado pan. Should she make the pvp gear she has the Imperial silk for?


Guess Aprillian has learned all the Pandaria patterns

Kicked Ashayo’s ass

Ashayo

Took Shaman on raid this week.
One shot first three bosses. Wingy came along on his druid and made out like a bandit!
Elegon down!
Will of the Emporer - one shot!
Cleared MSV

Children's week on hunter/mage vs shaman/druid - so so much faster with portal
Can't cage the wolvar/oracle pups from Dalaran, but can cage pets from Shattrath and Orgrimmar.
Even did Alliance side
Get disconnected now with CRZ
Used up all my keys for palace of Lei Shan - Troves of the Thunder king
Ashayo had 4 keys. After 2 runs, realised she is maxed out on 20/20 of Elder Charms that drop in the chests.

Working on Pet Battles
- Beasts of fable to get the red panda
- Pandaren Spirit Tamer to get the Pandaren Spirit - probably choose Fire
LFR- ToT on Ashayo. Dislike dpsing

Jeppy


Tedrah

Emails




Hi all my CAW peeps. I've finally found time to get back into WoW since I finished Bioshock Infinite. I realize that my style of WoW is drastically different and I have fun playing the way I do now.

I dug up some veggies on my farm. I love the updated seed bags that plant four plots at a time. I did a few LFGs and an LFR and found out that that I still got it. My rogue is awesome as usual.

I've been spending time on getting my hunter, Iceflare, up and it's going pretty well. I'm level 88 and me and Tank, my ever present loyal turtle, are ripping through Panderia.

I really don't play as much as I used to but WoW always has a special place in my heart. I just wanted to say hi and even though I'm behind on the podcast, I'll get caught up soon. I know that Jeppy is at home now so I hope to hear his angelic voice soon.

Love you guys and (of course) for the horde!

Iceflow



Just wanted to drop you a line and tell you how much I've enjoyed your podcast over the past year or so. Even though I play pretty sporadically, I listen fairly regularly. (Gotta do something that engages the brain a bit while alphabetizing paperwork at the office, right?)
I'm just now starting to play a bit again, and my roommate is one of your guildies on Clan of Darkness, so she convinced me to roll a new toon on your server so I can play with you all (of course, I did end up having to delete someone else to make room). Duvessae is her main toon's name, and considering how much she's on, I'm sure you know who she is. LOL
Anyway, thanks for the hours of aural enjoyment while I'm doing mind numbing work!
~Maggrathea
Undead Monk


Necrobob (audio)
OMG the BG's are Killin' me

Hello CaW Crew, Aprillian, Ashayo, El Jeppy, and Tedra (and the splendiferous special guest)

I just finished the build for Venetian Carnival (putting in more than ten days worth of overtime in a three week period) and I finally got some time to play our favorite game. Much to my dismay what world event is staring me in the gob when I log in ? Yes, the much dreaded Children's Week. I've been avoiding finishing this holiday for almost five years, however way back in January I decided that this would be the year I get my long strange trip achievement.

So what to do? Get in there and Strap on your crafted low level PVP armor whistle up your orphan and jump into the big bad land of Battle Grounds.
I'm no PVP player so I spent most of my time (three days) trying to figure out where the flags are, where the towers are, who's got the flag I'm supposed to be chasing, Which flag I'm supposed to be camping so I can pick it up when someone drops it and so on and so on….. all wile trying to look cool and tough in front of my orphan.
It was hell. I was annoyed, the PVP people were annoyed, even my mount was annoyed!

After three days of eye gouging frustration I finally completed the BG requirements for the achievement and finished the horrid holiday.

Thats been my week in wow my friends, I've included a little audio submission for this weeks show. Much love and heartfelt thanks for your delightful podcast and remember,

undead love is forever...


Hello CAW,

here is my Audio for the week.

Grand Nagus


Big G (audio)
Well this has been a better week and now on with the audio.


Liteharted
Greeting CAW crew!
I'm wrapping up children's week on one toon and about to plunge through again to get as many of the other pets as I can before the week is up.
Anybody else notice how rich these orphans tend to be?  They pay me almost 20g per location I take them to.  What's that? About 100-120 gold an orphan?
I think I now have all the Northrend pets and all the Stormwind/Orgimmar pets, but still have 2 more times I need to run through the Shattrath ones.  I didn't even know they others existed until last year. At that time I was busy trying to get all the Children's Week achievements so I could finish "A Long, Strange Trip."  I have to say that the holidays have been far more relaxing since then.
Well, here's my audio.  Time to get my kids off to bed and get my orphan quests done...
For the Alliance! For the Horde!  For the family!  For the children! And for Jeppy feeling and getting better!
Liteharted and his many alts (including Litefist of Earthen Ring...by the way, don't say it the way you do for Juuno's emails. ;) )


Pinkmonk

You guys are the best thing that has ever happened to podcasting! Aprillian, you are so awesome and cute and I want to be your best friend forever.  El Jeppy, even though we haven't heard you for awhile, I think you are just adorable and your cheeks would be all mine! Tedrah, you are just a doll and I think I want to have Ashayo's baby! Seriously! I love you guys!

I've been online this whole week and never saw anyone on in the guild to give me an invite.  I WANT AND INVITE AND I WANT IT NOW! Why won't you guys invite me?  It's the CtrlAltWow guild right? I never seen the guild on.  If I didn't know better I would think you guys were ignoring and you don't want to ignore me.

Anywhoo! I've been also following Big G and his adorableness this week.  Why don't you guys have him on more?  I think he is a superstar!  I love you so much guys....please please please read my letter because I get so lonely here in Thomas Embling.  Just hearing one of you lovely people say may name makes me love you so much more!

Big hugs and kisses from Sheila aka Pinkmonk



Leeta
Dearest CAW Sweeties,
You all know what time it is? Yes... It's group huggles time! /squeeeeeee :D
Sending everyone big huggles - may there be some sparkly goodness for you all!
Special words for Jeppy
Was so happy to hear Jeppy on last weeks show - Darling Jeppy stay strong and please know we are all here to help and support you in your recovery time. The body goes through such a massive amount at times of illness and recovery can be slow and daunting, yet each day you will have good moments and some not so good. However over time you will get a little stronger and a little better - trust me Dear Friend this I know only too well! Anytime you are feeling low please know that we all are sending you positive healing vibes and huggles galore! :)
Well my week in WoW has been filled mostly with Children's Week quests. From Orgrimmar to Shattrath to Dalaran - 7 toons in total this year lol and yes I even dual-boxed a few! Children's Week has always been one of my favourite World Events I mean Hellooo who doesn't like getting pets at the end of all the running around that has to be done! hehe I know I have a hopeless case of pet addiction but it is soooo good!! Wait... clean tag?! ;)
Speaking of pets - yes I may have done some pet battles!! Don't you go rolling your eyes at me :p hehe I do love doing pet battles lol. Spent a little time on Alliance side and finally got the rare Stormwind Rat I have been after! Woohoo! I also managed to defeat some of the Alliance Tamers and am now just 3 Tamers away from getting the Taming the World Achievement - Defeat 40 master pet tamers!
I also have been going back into non-Pandaria zones and am upgrading some of the lower quality pets to rares. Spent well over 3 hours in Netherstorm today however I finally got rares of both the Nether Roach and Fledgling Nether Ray! I lost track of how many pet battles I did but let's just say it was more then 10 fingers and 10 toes worth!
**Keep in mind when you are doing battles to create 2 - 4 teams around the level of the zone you are in - then you can swap to different teams after each battle and makes waiting the 8 minutes more bearable until you can heal up your pets. Plus by using the heal pets button allows for healing of all your pets in your Pet Journal not just those used in your current team! :)
Anyway enough prattling from me - I've got pets to level :D hehe
Have a wonderful show and an awesome day.
Big huggles for you all!
Love Leeta xoxo
PS - Aprillian hope your move goes super smooth and enjoy the Tim Tam Slam :)
PPS - Tedrah you are truly talented - I love seeing the craft things you do :) please keep the pics coming on Twitter
PPPS - Ashayo green fire is over-rated - we should just stay "original" ;)
Ok lovelies I am now going hehe
Love you all byeeeeeee



Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness
Donnie
Here you go gang!!!! You all are awesome!!!!

Emails

No comments:

Post a Comment