Saturday, October 17, 2015

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 443 - Goodbye Loki Boy!

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 443 - Goodbye Loki Boy!




Aprillian, Leeta and Rogueslayer discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's greatest MMORPG. The show features audio segments and email submissions from our lovely listeners.
If you want to join the conversations on the show, we have a live chatroom with in-game giveaways moderated by chatroom-chick Marzana. We record every Friday at 6 p.m. EST / 8 a.m. (Sat. Australia’s time), on our Ustream page!
We also have an ongoing contest. Send an     ✌️email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altoholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.

Juuno’s delightful adventures



Hello darlings!  Another quick note to say hellion!  Hope you're doing GREAT!  


/great big hugs & kisses! *muah!*


Juuno of Earthen Ring & Korialstrasz


What We've Been Doing:

Leeta

**Anyone interested in doing a WoW Challenge toon then check out - http://wowchallenges.com **


1/ Bloodleeta - NE Druid - Lvl22-24
Moved over to Duskwood and killing wolves and spiders along the river bank.


WoWScrnShot_101115_130538.jpg
Ding Lvl24! \o/


2/ Leitah - Iron Human Warlock - Lvl27-28
Questing in Wetlands - lots of quests around!


Iron Human Warlock.jpg
Ding Lvl28! \o/
WoWScrnShot_101315_211939.jpg
Undead Human and Voidy! Beware!
3/ Ironleetah - Undead Monk - Lvl14-17
Questing in Silverpine - one of my fav places to quest!
Monk has so far, been my second fav to play as an Iron Challenge Toon!


Iron Monk.jpg
Ding Lvl17! \o/


4/ Ironleeta - BE Hunter - Lvl11-13
Questing in Eversong still - plenty of quests around.


WoWScrnShot_101515_134729.jpg
Ding Lvl13!


5/ Leetaa - Blood Thirsty Human Warlock - Lvl13-14
Killing birds, boars and harvesters around Sentinel Hill!


WoWScrnShot_101515_154636.jpg
Ding Lvl14!


6/ Bloodleetah - Draenei Monk - Lvl1-5
Did about 5 quests then killed moths, flowers and owlbeasts.


WoWScrnShot_101615_164723.jpg
Cute But Deadly!
7/ Ironleita - Tauren Pally - Lvl1-8
Questing through starting zone and now made it to Bloodhoof Village!


WoWScrnShot_101615_170112.jpg
Moo!


One of my ‘must-do-everytime-I-come-to-Mulgore’ quests!
WoWScrnShot_101615_173425.jpg
Kyle’s Gone Missing!




8/ Healers - BE Pally - Lvl51-52
Ashayo, Wingy, Mata and I ran Lower Blackrock


WoWScrnShot_101115_200532.jpg
Dungeon Chillin’


WoWScrnShot_101115_201527.jpg
It Burns!!


WoWScrnShot_101115_204657.jpg
What Tendrils?! ;)


9/ Warlocks - Lvl70-71
Ashayo, Wingy, Mata and I ran Utgarde Keep and yay the xp was way better then last week when we dinged 70 in BC dungeon!


WoWScrnShot_101515_202317.jpg
More Tendrils!


WoWScrnShot_101515_203003.jpg
Fire & Tendrilstone…


SO after UK we decided we would go give Kara another go…  so 4 Lvl70/71’s…
WoWScrnShot_101515_204834.jpg
Attumen Went Down!!! \o/


10/ Keillah - Hunter - Lvl97-99
Flying + Treasure Hunting = Lvl99!!
XP was crazy good hunting treasures! CRAZY GOOD!


11/ Leeta
  • Still dig dig digging! But not much this week!
  • No luck on mount hunting
  • Jakur is still being a meanie head!


WoWScrnShot_101615_202156.jpg
Kill No.149!

Aprillian



Screenshot 2015-10-09 19.41.08.jpg
Screenshot 2015-10-13 19.08.04.jpg
Screenshot 2015-10-15 16.52.57.jpg
Screenshot 2015-10-16 18.53.48.jpg


Vrishna

IV 1.34 …… YOU DIED
Ahhhh, yeah, thanks Blizz. Wouldn’t ‘ave noticed … NOT ! The fawns are not so nice as they seem. Had like 90 gold or so, so sad.


IV 1.35 leveled to 15 as of the cast
No NEW news, really. Just grinding back up. Decided that if this one dies, I’ll start an Iron Loki ! Maybe for 137, which I’ve decided is the one I’ll actually take seriously !
WoWScrnShot_101115_013553.jpg

Rogueslayer

Deronia, gnome mage
  • 95 -
  • Talador
  • Treasure Hunter (10 treasures non-Tanaan)
  • 96 - back to garrison, opened herb garden, lvl 2 barracks
  • Picked up her bodyguard
  • Choppin’ Some Logs (10 lumber mill work orders)
  • Remembered DMF on Tuesday
  • 97 at Pinchwhistle Point
  • Superior, Catacysmically Superior, Mystically Superior (Epic 450)
  • Salvage Yard!
  • 99 during Lantressor fight in the ring
  • Elemental Plateau - 100!
  • lvl 3 garrison


Infidelia, BE paladin
  • Draenor Master - 700 mining
  • Finally got Vivianne up to epic - back on bodyguard duty!


Lilbitironic, gnome priest iron
  • 18 -
  • Loch Modan
  • At high 19. Loch Modan quests were yellow. Killed a few murlocs -> 20 -> green!
  • Did a few, yellow again, off to Redridge
  • Took three tries to subdue the Ettin
  • 22 - Power Word: Fortitude!
  • 22 - Back to Loch Modan
  • 23 at Farstrider Lounge
  • DMF - first aid and bag swap, also Stormwind for better staff
  • -23


Ironcaw, tauren hunter iron
  • 24 -
  • Northern Barrens
  • DMF - picked up grisly trophy quest last month and didn’t kill anything!
  • Explore Northern Barrens
  • Back to Ghostlands for green
  • 26 in Deatholme 2nd trip
  • Finished Ghostlands, off to green Hillsbrad
  • After Azurelode Mine, returned trophies to DMF = 25 more gold
  • 27 at Sludge Fields


Bloodrager, human blood thirsty
  • 18 -
  • Redridge
  • -20


Ironcrazed, NE hunter iron
  • 46 -
  • DMF
  • Thousand Needles yellow, back for Dustwallow Marsh Greens
  • 47 at Beezil’s Wreck
  • Dustwallow Marsh Quests - Done, not doing The Deserters quest
  • Back to Thousand Needles
  • -47


Sommerlin, worgen druid
  • 90 -
  • Retrieved pandaria crafting materials, sold/AH
  • DMF - skinning was maxed - need Draenor drop
  • Darkmoon Defender!
  • Ready for Draenor
  • 91 - grab that excess potion of accelerated learning!
  • 94 - Putting the Gore in Gorgrond
  • 95.28 - out of rested XP. Rest time.
  • Don’t Let the Tala-Door Hit You on the Way Out
  • At 96, went on a garrison resource expedition all over Draenor - hit 97, gained about 800 resources -> barracks 2 = bodyguard
  • Flew into Tanaan near Talador/Gorgrond border - +500 garrison resources, maneuvered in - lvl 100 only!!
  • Master Treasure Hunter just after hitting 99 (100 draenor treasures)
  • 100 Thursday night!


Nelkall, dwarf warrior
  • 90 -
  • Angler’s Wharf quests, emptying bags, going Timeless Isle route
  • 2 trips to Angler’s = Zen Master Fisherman, Revered w/Angler’s and a fishing raft (leaving about 40gold…)
  • Off to Timeless Isle for Draenor shortcut - easier with flight, but remember the special flight point that links to garrison area
  • - 91


Emails.png



First email, long time listener
Greetings CAW crew!


   I have listened to your podcast now for sometime and figured it was time for me to send a email. First I will share a bit of information about me. I have been playing this wonderful game since February of 2005. I have taken a few breaks over that time but my love for this game keeps me coming back. My family is actually a WoW family. My wife and my two children also play. I originally fell in love with this game because a few friends of mine at work showed me the first cinematic. I could not believe how amazing it looked. I have been hooked ever since. My wife and I still like to reminisce about our early time in game and how clueless we were. Myself not knowing my hunter pet had a growl ability and her not realizing her rogue could pick pocket. Among many other noob things.


   Anyways I just wanted to drop you guys a line and let you know how much I appreciate all the work you do to make this podcast a reality. I listen to you all at work and it helps the day go by. I love that there are others out there who play the game they want to play it and are not consumed with damage meters and item levels. Don't get me wrong I like the raiding and some pvp but I am more of a laid back player. Some one who just loves to play the game. You guys remind me weekly that its okay to just enjoy being in Azeroth. I have recently rolled a new toon on Earthen Ring. A Tauren shaman named Devex. I hope I run into you all at some point in game.


   Thank you for taking the time to read my email. Keep up the good work and I look forward to listening to your next podcast.

Devex


Gronnling Contest
Hey gang,


Not sure if players from EU servers are included but wanted to drop a line anyway ( literally, you will know what I mean as you read further ).


Although there are so many things I enjoy doing in Wow, I started on a new passtime ( for me ) this week. Fishing! Must have clocked in a good ten hours this weekend fishing in my Garrison, Stormwind, Iron Forge, Orgamar, Dalaran Undercity. Everywhere! That is not even including the rep grinding I am doing to try and get a better fishing pole.


Anyway, whilst doing this there is a little tune that I have been humming, which is my submitance to the competition. It's ripped off a classic sc-fi tv series ( guess which one, no googling! ) and goes something like this :


I'm gonna get you litte fishy
I'm gonna get you little fishy
I'm gonna get you little fishy
Because I like little fish


Love the podcast,


Sherriey
Argent Dawn EU


Contest - Story/Poem/Etc...
Hail and well met, my friends!
Below find my tales for the posted challenge for a story or poem of our times in Azeroth.
“Be well…”
Wolfbrother / Eranth / Wolfheal / Growlingwolf
AIE / Clan of Darkness
Earthen Ring
-=-=-=-=-=-
There was a time when I was still young, and the way was still new.  The world of Azeroth was wide and expansive.  But it didn’t take long for me to outgrow the plains of Mulgore, stretching my experience, my view of the world.
In my adventures, I discovered like-minded travelers; kindred spirits who were devoted to our cause and to one another.  As a Paladin of the Light, I’ve always sought to shine in the dark places, casting out the shadows in whatever form they may take.  It was among this vast company that I was asked to join a small band.  They invited me from time to time, to join them in their pursuits against the Lich King, when one of their number was still recovering from their adventures, or had other more pressing matters to attend.
As time passed, eventually they asked me more often to join them.  And one day, their leader took me aside and asked, “You have supported us greatly in the last months and weeks.  This seems only a formality, but would you like to join us regularly?”  And of course I agreed, trying to hide my excitement.
We continue to gather regularly, fighting the evils that lurked within the Citadel of the Lich King.  Later still, then Deathwing.  It was as we began our battle against the great, evil wyrm that once more our leader took me aside and asked, “Would you consider taking up a shield and standing at my side, trading off the most grievous blows that can be dealt by these evils we fight against?”  Once again I agreed, again trying to hide my excitement that I was asked to play such a pivotal role in our band.
It was in these quests that I found my greatest moment of joy thus far.  We were set against Ultraxion, a mighty and powerful wyrm.  We struggled to insure our skills and our gear was up to the task.  Again and again throwing ourselves at him.  It was in that moment when we finally overcame the foul beast that I realized how much I enjoyed being a working part of a band of brothers like this, who came together, who worked in concerned to fight as one, to overcome the evils before us and cast a stronger, brighter light into the darkness around us.
And that is what I have loved so much, and remember so fondly, of my time in Azeroth.


3rd Annual Running Of The Gnomes For Cancer
Running of the Gnomes Event for Cancer, organized by the Looking For Roleplay podcast, Turwinkle, Tarcanus and Dravvie.


Saturday October 24th, 5 pm SLT on the Scarlet Crusade US server


Gnomes of any level, welcome.


Gnomes leave the starting zone at 5 pm SLT and run to Iron forge then tram to Stormwind and run south to Booty Bay. Last year over 1300 gnomes participated.


As an after party, the Gnomes will run to Orgrimmar and attempt to hug the War Chief.


There will be a live YouTube or Twitch broadcast of the event. Channel not yet decided.


Come early to pick up your pink guild tabard and guild invitation or to guard the runners.


Other tips for runners, expect lag and limit usage of pets, mounts and graphics intensive spell effects and pink hair is suggested though not require in recognition of breast cancer.


......


There is a website for donations I think but I'm not sure where.


See October 14 episode of Looking for Roleplay podcast for information copied above.


Alisaunder


Poem Submission for the Coalfist Gronnling Mount
Howdy Control Alt WoW Team!


My name is Purcy, a dwarven warrior, on the Blackhand US realm.


Thank you to SomeDude and to the Control Alt WoW crew for putting on this contest. One of my favorite things in World of Warcraft is that moment when all the best laid plans go wrong, but somehow your group survives. Reflexes and instinct take over and you succeed against all odds. Here goes my poem about what I like best in WoW:


When the Exodar (Defective Elekk Turd) Hits the Fan


Sheep moon, trap square, sap star, kill skull;
I got it, I got it, I know this pull.


We're an oiled machine and I can tank in my sleep;
famous last words cuz I just charged the sheep!


The Druid's clutch heals are saving our lives,
but then more cc breaks, was that fan of knives?!


So much for moon, oh well for trap;
the hunter even panicked and broke our rogue's sap.


When certain death looms have you ever gone into a zone?
Fast clicking, no blinking, battle rezzing, rapid thinking.


Wow what a tank, what a healer, great dps!
You can't stop laughing, how'd we live through that mess?!


Sometimes the best times are when it all goes wrong. Thanks Leeta, Aprillian, Vrishna, and Rogueslayer for all the work you put in each week. Keep up the good work!


Purcy, a member of the Knights Templar
Blackhand-US


I attached a pic too!
WoWScrnShot_101615_080838.jpg


Another week another arse kicking
So as the title says its been another one of thoose weeks
Big G


Rigarmorty Audio
Greetings Aprillian, Vrishna, Leeta, Rogue Slayer & Tedrah!


It's been a very busy work week and sadly no Wow before recording my audio earlier. i'm playing on my free account for the moment just experimenting with class/race combinations for ironman. Any any rate, i should be properly back online after my R&R next week.


For the Horde and Alliance!


Cheers,


Rigarmorty




Audio from Tiber
(From Tiber)
Hey Control Alt Wow,
I thought I'd use the brief lull between Brewfest, and Hallows End, to submit an audio before the madness begins again.


Cheers,
Tiber

Addon.pngEach week GrandNagus takes a closer look at some of the most useful World of Warcraft addons out there.


You can find GrandNagus on Twitter @GrandNagus1, or by email at towerofcommerce@gmail.com


Dark_cut.png



(Psst !!!!  This is Vrishna. Please remind me to ask about some guild concerns somewhere in this segment !)

Guild Updates: 10/3 - 10/16 (showtime)

Achievement watch: Daily Anticipation: 144,160 /150,000 daily quests
10
Razeak
Ironapril (CAW)
Growlingwolf
Ironvrishna
Aprillirontwo
60

20
Lilbitironic (CAW)
Bloodrager (CAW)
Ironvrishna
Growlingwolf
70

30

80

40

85

50
Huggzies
90
Gussy


100
Tashelle
Last week’s 100’s: Everthorn


Time Flies When You’re Having Fun: --- Atonyin, Mattadamia, Gussy  ---



Competition Time
=====================


Sumduud has generously donated a Coalfist Gronnling mount for one lucky winner!
The competition is as follows:-
1/ Write a poem, song or story about your favourite thing in World of Warcraft that you LOVE to do - e.g. collecting mounts, making alts, getting achievements, a new piece of transmog gear etc
2/ Submit your entry by either an audio or an email.
3/ The winner will be announced in Ep445.

Chat.png

Shout Outs & Thank You



Join WoWChallenges LIVE for our podcast on Saturday October 24th at 7pm Eastern at ConnectCast.tv/Stone.


No comments:

Post a Comment