AprilPvd shares her retirement experience. Send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you manage life in retirement. Discord: https://discord.gg/5dtHtHCuDiscord: https://discord.gg/5dtHtHCu
AprilPvd in VR:
No Man’s Sky
Wednesday
In last weeks episode I talked about how I finished up in PAL world on Wednesday and then I logged off and I jumped immediately into No Man’s Sky and it was amazing. I feel guilty because I feel like I’m cheating on power, but the update is really good of course the first thing I wanted to do before I even did anything else was check out the whole thing about getting your own space station cause I just thought that would be the coolest thing ever so I immediately went to a space station and the first space station I went to it said claim station, and then when I went back to look at the control mechanism, it’s the station control thing at the back with the big giant mechanical thing head thing, and it said that report station so I don’t know if somebody got in right when I got there and claimed the station so I went to another station and what I did was, I jumped to one of the galaxies far out and figuring that would be less likely for someone to do that to me again and I immediately got I mean, I got to thay station and started the whole procedure
Thursday
I was doing salvaging and not realizing that there was a teleporter that you could modify on your Corvette, but shout out to Captain Steve for letting me know about it. i’m also loving the new galaxy map. It is beautiful when you pop it up and look at it so I kept running back. I realized that the first contract that I didn’t count, but I had gotten in good with the guys on the Viking on the station and the merchant and so now I just had to do some more contracts.
Saturday
I did do some Zenith and it was fun. Not a big show out.
I went back into No Man’s Sky on Epril. but her biggest problem was that she is in a save that I did from the last expedition so she started fresh and there were no Corvette so she didn’t have a Corvette so the first thing I had to do was make a Corvette just for her, but of course with my knowledge of what you need for the missions for Corvette now I was pretty much in a good place. The only thing that happened with her was that she picked a station at random went to check to see that it wasn’t. I hadn’t been claimed it didn’t belong to anybody so there’s only two things you can see at a station one is report the station that means somebody else owns it or you could see claim this station, and that means that you could take it over so she went jumping around and she found a station that she liked, but then she had to go and make a Corvette, but you know at this point I know what I what you need for the Corvette and so she was able to make a decent Corvette. It’s me but we then went around and she did missions and you know it was it was interesting and fun. It was a lot of work. I had to say, but it was very satisfying work.
Sunday
Then on Sunday, I started again with a brilliant no I am so crazy but it’s fine and I love doing all the missions and picking out a station just something neat about owning your own space station and they did a great job with all the different things about the missions one of them is if you get enough contaminated metal, you can go to this one guy and buy a plan for where to find a habitable asteroid and that’s kind of neat. I like putting houses building on asteroids I know you can build in space but I really like the idea of building on asteroids and the stations where you go to get your salvage missions are all kind of set up differently oh, and a brilliant I made a Corvette with three ramps of three loading base cause I want it real open room and not have to worry about getting caught up in all of my Corvettes. I put a stairwell that goes up to the top so that I can land on the roof if you’re out in space and you land near your roof on your Corvette, your arm automatically get oriented to being standing on the roof so you don’t have to fool around trying to get through the bay doors as it were. I did a lot of multi boxing. I pulled Epril in so that I could give her some stuff and yeah, I’m having a lot of fun with this game and the new situation that they set up one of the things that really need about No Man’s Sky that it’s really easy to join someone else’s game and I like the way they set it up and while I was trying to join Epril’s game, I saw that Grand Nagus was on as well
Monday
I ended up spending most of Monday all of Monday and most of Tuesday working on getting E her own space station it was challenging, but it was very relaxing. I just love floating in space and you know going back-and-forth between the missions and figuring out where I needed to go, though there was some frustration you know, but the mechanics are really good. It was a little bit strange for me because of course I am in third person on power world and being in first person in No Man’s Sky was a big change. Oh another thing that was happening was that the space station that he had chosen and one of the reasons why I kind of stuck with it even though there were other people other bases in that galaxy and I don’t know how people feel about it but I was originally with April Pvd, making sure I went out further enough so that I wouldn’t find I would find a planet or a system that I had discovered, but one of the things nearly got me wanting to stay in this particular station was that there was a really cool Redd solar ship that was that kept coming into this Station. One of them was the same one the same it had the same name something hydrometer or something it was just really cool and the first time I was there with a brilliant it was a S class but then most of my adults have full totally full. They have all the room they have for ships are taken out so I want either take it cause she had hardly any ships because you know she had just started over with that last expedition so I really wanted her to get this ship but she kept scanning and scanning and every time the ship would come in it would be for a C class or B class. She did get an a class but she’s going to keep trying to get an S class.
So I did make an alliance call Ctrl Alt WoW and we all joined it. I love Captain Steve’s but I still joined Grand Nagus of the alliance so you can have up to three alliances so that was kind of neat. It’s just a lot of fun getting your own station and I can’t wait to explore some more.
Wednesday
I started the expedition on Sebastian in a fresh save. I wanted to see how long it took me to get to the anomaly and I wanted to see exactly what it was like but not on April Pvd or my other two characters and I hadn’t played on Sebastian. He doesn’t have a space station or anything, but it was fun. It’s actually a walkdown memory lane and I don’t wanna spoil it for too many of you but there’s some interesting parts of it and it’s pretty and I’m looking forward to doing it on all my characters.
Sebastian actually got pretty far and it’s it’s an educational trip down memory lane and I would advise everybody to try it for yourself. There’s a lot to it and there’s a lot of nostalgia. Of course I’ve only been playing it since last year so a lot of the old stuff is kind of lost on me, but it’s interesting to see the step-by-step process of how they developed No Man’s Sky.
Palworld 1.0
Thursday
When the new update came for No Man’s Sky I immediately jumped in a Grand Nagus had mentioned that the power were always gonna be there for me always but that the expedition was limited. Well I found out now that’s gonna be for six weeks The it’s gonna end in October and you know one of the things that I have going for me is that I have a lot of information coming at me from multiple sources I follow various Facebook groups and some of them are about power world and I also watch YouTube videos so things were coming up that made me want to go back to power world. so on Thursday, I spent five hours playing bow. It was great. I got on April Pvd and the first thing I did was run around to all the bases because you know I have been playing with all my MacBook Pro with a character named April and she had the pet to get the most out of the egg the mating thing so when I was not you know wanting to put on my VR headset or am I just sitting at my MacBook Pro and watching TV I would have her join the server and she would she had a bronze cherry and a green tail and she would go around and do the meeting and pick up the eggs well for some reason I can’t connect to my PC server on my Mac anymore. I can connect to my the server that I rent and I can connect to the PC server on my laptop, but you know I tried everything and it still wouldn’t work so I just had to get a grim tail and a bronze cherry for April Pvd and we went around picking up the eggs and I’m just I’m having a ball. I’m doing very I’m doing stuff to you know forward the storyline I’m at the point where I could make the big furnace it’s a giant electric furnace, but I needed a bunch of mats, including the plastic steel ingots and so I had people had pals on my main base and on my second base that’s gonna become my first base as soon as I get to the point where I can break that base down and move everybody over to the nice base that’s in the by the volcanic area. I really like it because it has the glass bottom the weird thing was I did bring E in for a second because I wanted her to help me make stuff because I can bring somebody on my laptop and then she can. She can bring out a pet and she can then work and it’s even faster with my pals, but I didn’t realize that one of the things I’m wearing on Apple Pvd protects her from the heat from that volcano area and so when I did bring her out, I had to just bring out for a short time and bring her back to the main base so that she didn’t get killed from the heat. I ran around one of the things I’m trying to do it was that I have that big giant dog device that doubles as an ax and a pickax, but it needed to be repaired and I read somewhere that if I take that turtle the digit toys and make it come back compress it I won’t get I won’t need to repair that device so many times so frequently so that’s what I went around hatching those. It was crazy. I’m having fun with the meeting. I’m having fun with everything about my base I missed playing power. I will get back to No Man’s Sky, but I had a good time make meeting and getting stuff for in this game and I also did some exploring with April Pvd. We went out further trying to there’s another metal that she needs so I had to try to figure out chromite and she made the metal detector and I had to figure out that now I need to go to a whole different island for her, but and I had to pull out different pets but oh, and the biggest thing was that blade that terraria blade that is so OP it had damage as well so I had to go back into that dungeon and get some more of those hollowed bars and I’m gonna have to make that a frequent part of my routine go and get those bars plus I wanna make another one for my other characters so I’m really enjoying power. Well I’m I’m getting up there. I can’t wait to get back on later on today because I need to go to Fabe island and I figured out where it was. It’s actually south of where the terraria dungeon is to get the hallowed bars so and maybe tomorrow I’ll go back into No Man’s Sky thanks for listening. This has been April Pvd for the video games for virtual reality and it’s many forms all the steam frame was announced but it’s over $1000 and I thought about it it probably will make both No Man’s Sky and power will look absolutely gorgeous but is that worth it? What do you think you can write me at ctrlaltwow@gmail.com you can see the video for this podcast at youtube.com/ctrlaltwowandofcoursetheshownotesrctrlaltwow.com thanks for listening and watching and happy VR.
Other
AprilPvd
https://www.twitch.tv/ctrlaltwow
https://www.twitch.tv/aprilpvd
https://www.youtube.com/aprilpvd
https://www.youtube.com/ctrlaltwow
No comments:
Post a Comment