Saturday, April 2, 2011

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 209 - Urp, Let's just get it over with

Aprillian, Ashayo, Virshna and Jeppy discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a month free of WoW or a $10 iTunes Gift Card or an Authenticator.

Guest Host Kimmie from Ladies of Leet http://ladiesofleet.com

Caw caw caw!
Hello Darlings!

And Happy Birthday Aprillian!! =D I hope you had a vonderbar birthday week!! /greatbigbirthdayhugs!!!

Juuno =D


What We've Been Doing:
Aprillian
Thought they needed 25 Aspirant seals, actually 15. So now Tiiaa and AstarĂ¥ are doing the Aspirant thing. Loving it.
Want to Quint box it but Aprillian & Tiiaa are on the same account. Transfered

Tiiaa doing all work on AT with others in air, moving around
someone tried to steal my Commander
Forgot Tiiaa had 8 Wintergrasp Commendation 600 hp
Aprillian & Vrishna
VH run went very well. Was hard but fun.
Vrishna
New twins, (Pallies), leveled to 60. New, new twins at 9. Totally messed up granting of levels. Jeppy, HELP ! So I gave all the levels to a new toon. A rogue.

Ashayo
Jeppy
Emails

Email

From Gravenau

Sorry for another week without my lovely voice to make your ears bleed I blame laziness and a love of my warm bed. For the lack of audio this week I put 3 more levels on my worgen hunter in 3 hours and the rest of my time. Has been split up between sleep,work and puzzle quest 2 so as always for the horde for the alliance for the sandgrophers and for the west coast eagles seeya

P.S I'm deadpool

Sent from my iPhone

Email #
After a horrible week at work, I found myself home, alone this past Friday and Saturday (March 25th and 26th) feeling sad, depressed, and alone.....so I didn't what any wow nut would do and literally lost myself in the game for pretty much both days. It didn't hurt that the weather was crappy and I am still feeling sad over the loss of my pooch, but all cheese and crackers aside it was kind of an "over-do" as by the end of Saturday night, my ankles were numb, my breath was awful, I had a headache and was seeing double and I had to use a spatula to peel my self off my chair.
(((hows that for a visual)))
Anyway, I did lots of the Call to Arms battleground which was Strand of the Ancients, and I don't think the alliance won each time I played, and after nearly two solid days of playing I started getting a little trollish (as in L2PNOOBS), and at that point decided to call it a night.

I rolled a hunter on the new account and named the toon Mahkie a human hunter with a pet dog named Jackie. He is my second male toon, and he is going to be a questing toon that I plan on using to do the human leveling experience and already I am having great fun with him, and the they were made as homage to my dear departed dog, I have already bonded to the toon.

I haven't been on Rift much and I am afraid my interest in Rift is dwindling as time goes on. I wish I could say why other than it just hasnt been able to fully sink its teeth into me, and when there is a "take over: nine time out of ten you get beaned by mobs that are higher than you and there is nothing you can do, and that is just not fun.

I hope you all are well, and have a wonderful week!!

All the best,
Kurly


Email #

Hey CtrlAltWow Crew,

First I wanted to say that I love to listen to your show. You are all very knowledgable about the game and share my enthusiasm for creating many alts. Though I have not quite risen to your level I definitely share the thrill of making a new toon.
I just had a couple of questions about the music that was played during episode 207 at approximately 1:56. It was your outro music and I know I have heard it in game before but I can't figure out where. I believe it was in one of the wrath zones but not entirely sure.
So, the two questions are:
1. What is the name of the song that was played?
2. Give it to me.
Thanks and keep up the great work. For the Alliance!


v/r
Derkdiggler, lvl 85 Human Rouge
BDLongshanks, lvl 84 Human Warlock
Fathersmyth, lvl 84 Human Priest
Cuddlebug, lvl 84 Dwarf Paladin
Hftysteelsac, lvl 80 Human Death Knight
CPTStabbin, lvl 74 Blood Elf Rogue
Meatmissile, lvl 67 Worgan Warrior
Poppinfresh, lvl 32 Human Mage
Smallears, lvl 8 Goblin Shamen
Femalepally, lvl 7 Human Paladin



Email #kithore

Hola CAW Crew,

inmyowndreams and kithore here. Hope everyone is having a good week, and enjoy the submission. One thing I do have to add is this - while fuzzy dice work great on car mirrors, they don't work so well on microphones! Sorry for the buggy audio. We'll fix it next time.
Have a great week,
inmyowndreams and kithore of Dragonblight
ask.kithore@gmail.com


Email #

Hey Ctrl-Alt-WoW crew,

It's been a while since I wrote in, but I'm still out here listening every week. I managed to catch the live feed the last Saturday in March. I always enjoy the show, but I must say I do love hearing it live.

I have been taking a little bit of my WoW time to play Rift. I really like Rift , but it won't replace my first love, WoW. I don't really understand the controversy between WoW players playing Rift and those who aren't. It's entirely possible to love two games at the same time. It's kind of like loving the sound of el Jeppy's voice and at the same time loving the sound of Ashayo's. It makes a girl's heart giddy just thinking about it. You would never try to make me choose between those sexy voices, so why make me choose between games.

I have been playing WoW as well. I've been making good progress on my goblin hunter, Jaxie on Sisters of Elune. I had Tuesday off from work and managed to level her from 26 to 35. I also got her herbalism (silent "h", lol) to 170 and her inscription to 225.

My hunter over on Jubei'Thos, in the Pants on Head guild, hit level 52 this week and is spending time in Winterspring. She got almost a full level in one run of Zul'Farrak using the LFD tool.

My main, Tedrah on SoE, has finally reached i347 for her gear and is, in theory, raid ready. Tried my first Cataclysm raid in Throne of the Four Winds. That didn't go so well. We just didn't have the dps to get the job done. We did do a little better each try and tried several strategies before calling it a night. I will say it is fun to take the air bridge between platforms, especially on my Traveling Tundra Mammoth.

Well, that's enough about me. Back to you all. Keep up the good work. I love the show.

For the Horde & the Defiant!

Tedra


Sent from my iPad

Email #


Shout Outs & Thank You

Momomoments - nomohiding!
Hello all,
hope you are all doing well.
I really have been meaning to write in but with work, ninja episodes, life, stuff, things, (you enter some of your own words here) it just has not happened as have seen and heard.
SOOOO here is a ninja email while you record.
Yes I am at work, hardly working! :)
Listening to podcasts,
watching the Chicago White Sox win their opener!
Chatting with El Jeppy!!!
ok ok
onto some mowow content.
I have been able to get in the game and I have done some dailies, the cooking, fishing variety on some characters.
Also, I have spent some time on my rogue, Mojito.
Now a quick refresher on Mojito's background (I think it was about episode 69 and/or 160 I first wrote about Mojito) he was the 3rd character I created, ever!
My intention about 6 years ago was to let my first 2 characters rest and get some rested xp and level this rogue in the mean time. Well! That did not really happen because 6 years later that poor rogue is still only about level 60! Just like DK's I just cannot get into playing rogues, I dont know why!?
So I am trying different specs because I still dont know what I am doing on him. Currently Mojito is using the heirloom gear and daggers in the outlands, but wait! before I start the outlands I have decided to level up mining on him...AGAIN! yes again because he once had mining and I had dropped it for skinning. I am not sure why, just impulse thing. He also has enchanting which I need to level too.
On other news, I am kind of at a loss with wow and other mmo's,
I mean, I feel I have lost my purpose. I dont have a guild to speak of or any guildies and I also dont want to disappoint a new guild. I still enjoy playing but hope I can find my inner wowself.
Hope all of you know where your innerwow is and hope this email makes it to you before you finish recording, which is now!
so happy april first and
For the InnterGamer in you!

--
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment