Monday, December 2, 2013

Ctrl Alt WoW Episode 347 - Happy Pilgrims Faire


Aprillian, Leeta, Rogueslayer and Tedrah discuss another week of playing World of Warcraft, Blizzard's great MMORPG. With segments by Grand Nagus and Donnie of Clan of Darkness. Contest Ongoing send an email to ctrlaltwow@gmail.com telling us how you play WoW, either as an altaholic or dealing with it in your family life to being placed in a drawing for a WoW Pet or an Authenticator.


Juuno’s Corner



What We've Been Doing:

Aprillian

Aprillian made a Celestial Cloth and didn’t discover anything!

Took Shucks, my Goblin hunter to Undercity to hunt turkeys, using macro:
/target wild
/cast Hunter's mark
/cast steady shot

Using Tiiaa to move everyone around.


Thanks Donnie:

Leeta

1/ TNAK Guild - Mage hit Lvl 57 - onward to Lvl60 this week
Been doing some dungeon runs and Pilgrims Bounty. It’s great porting around all over the place :)
Baby Warlocks have hit 51 (about halfway through)- been questing in Burning Steppes and doing Pilgrims Bounty.
When together in Stormwind - cannot see each other however when in Ironforge they can!
Screenshot of Guild Blackrock Depths run
2/ ShaoHao rep grind -  Just under halfway through revered - used Banner and Warcraft Birthday buffs - has been going abit quicker though it is another tedious grind!
3/ DMF Time - has started again tonight/today - Jeremy Feasel is a weasel! Also remember to get your Darkmoon Hat
Running professions on alts to get bonus prof points
4/ Had chat with Rho from Realm Maintenance about Behind the Avatar
5/ Memorable Moments  - Burning Crusade
a/ New expansion - going through the Dark Portal for the first time and seeing Outland
b/ Flying mounts in Outlands - trying to figure how to fly was alot like trying to swim
c/ Shattrath - Elevator boss strikes again
d/ Nagrand - one of my favourite places in the game
e/ Karazhan - Raiding back then was told we could not get past Maiden of Virtue without a Paladin - such a great amount of satisfaction when we did get her down!
f/ Black Temple - Illidan



Rogueslayer

Today - triple whammy: WoW 9th, Pilgrim’s Bounty, DMF
Grocery chat
Turkbuckenham

Brillig (88 orc combat rogue, Sentinels/Robot House)
  • Rally the Valley (completing Valley of the Four Winds storylines)
  • Can farm while in turkey form
  • Got underwater turkified while gathering monstrous clam meat in Durotar

Hellacia (lvl 37 compassionate subtlety rogue in CAW)
  • Winterhoof was mobbed! Screenshot Darnassus, Stormwind (with DBaD)
  • Winterhoof linked with Proudmoore, hence crowds (boat to Stormwind)
  • Went from 26 cooking to 295

Rogueslayer (CoD BE destruction warlock)
  • Lvl 50
  • Turkinator - I find myself out of breath
  • Did Thanksgiving morning holiday dailies without the anniversary buff - gah!
  • Got feathered, along with Maysian in Orgrimmar and other non-rogues
  • Hit 51 at start of Leeta’s segment, then Let’s Do Lunch Undercity

Voltandra
  • Wild vine with horde balloon
  • 3D print figure!


Emails

Joining Guildd

Hello,
My name is Karen Steede (my character in WoW is Steka) and my friend Jeff (Deathstryder) has been raving about your guild for this past week. Which prompt me to want to join. So I am formally asking if I can join, even though Jeff added me then found out he wasn't suppose because I needed to ask.
My husband Gary wants to join also, his WoW character is Deadlystega. Right now he is working on his school work so we were not sure if I could formally ask for him to join the guild too.  He may not get a chance to ask until Tuesday as Monday is his big school work day. I am so proud of him as he is only 1.5 classes away from earning his Bachelors degree through University of Phoenix.
We both started playing WoW about 3-4 months ago when Jeff moved in with us and he was telling us about how much fun he was having. My husband has only made three characters...his main one is a Rogue. He wanted to try a Death Knight...which is the third character that he has made...all of his characters are on different servers. I have 7 characters (I believe, could be 6) My main character is a Hunter. I found that I like hunters better. As Jeff put it I am a distance fighter. Even though I haven't been doing that bad with my Warlock or my Death Knight ...of course I did pick the spec that let me have a minion (muhahahaha) Sorry I do like having the pets that fight with me.
The three of us love to run dungeons together as we sit in the living room. Jeff of course being more knowledgeable in WoW so he is usually leading us. I have, however, decided I like going to dungeons and have gone into the queue by myself when I am playing one of my 7 characters that is not the same level that Jeff is playing. Gary tends to do quests. His ultimate goal in WoW is to have his main character complete every quest available...gotta love him
I hope you accept us into your guild, and I hope Jeff does not get into trouble for adding us without us having permission first.
Thanks,
Karen and Gary Steede


Hello, hello!


Hello Ctrl Alt Wow ladies! I have been a long time listener of the show. This is my first time writing in to the show. Let me tell you a little about myself. I am a level 90 warlock (undead power for the win!) on the Elune server. He has been my main since the good ol' days. He and I have been through a lot, both in game and real life. He has been a real life saver for me. Helped me through a lot of tough times.

In game, I am a jack of all trades. I used to be a very hardcore raider. I still raid every chance I get. I know most raids like the back of my hand. I also love tradeskilling. That is a lot of wot I do with a lot of my time (when not raiding). I am not much of a pet battler, but am willing to learn and take advice well. Which brings me to the crux of my email. I was wondering if I would be able to join your guild? I feel I have a lot to bring to the guild. I remember Donnie mentioning something about wanting to maybe form a loose raid team of sorts. I have much raid experience and was a raid leader in my old guild before the guild was pwned by the dreaded Cataclysm boss lol. I will make a new paladin tank on Earthen Ring and hope I may join all the lovely Clan of Darkness folk there. Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Michael (Golcan the Paladin)



Better late than never

Sorry for the lateness of this audio I have been spent way to much time procrastinating and if it anyone asks the rest of the raid carried me for I spent many a fight hugging the ground or running around insane.

Big G





Addon Spotlight:

with Grand Nagus


Shout Outs & Thank You



Clan of Darkness

Hello Ctrlaltwow Crew
It has never happened that I write to you 2 weeks in a row but I come bearing a gift.
I won the top 25 in Guild activity competition we had last week in the game. I won an Armored Bloodwing and I thank Donnie for the gift. I already have this mount so I thought I would give it to you Ladies to give away.
You might be able to have a competition of your own and get somebody to make you a new Email bumper.
Anyway I love the new line up. You Ladies are awesome. Have a great week.
Sincerely Matahorn
Ps I must thank Donnie for letting me give away my prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment